• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Video Game Music Challenge! [Over!]

Bay

Years
  • Day 25 - Your Favorite Song

Going to put in spoilers incase.

Spoiler:

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Day 25 - Your Favorite Song

Oh myyy, I'm really happy of being able to share this one ^-^

If you have plans of playing this beautiful game (Tales of Zestiria), I recommend you don't listen to this yet. While this video includes only the song only and no spoilers, I think it plays in the best part of the game. Soooo many emotions flow through you when you play that specific part and listen to this, I think thanks to that this game is one of my favorites ^-^.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Day 25 - Your Favorite Song

Another Wild Arms 3 post from me. I really am I big fan of this game (and the series in general), and really can't overemphasize how much I loved the music. Does a great job of adding to the Wild West experience.

pkmin3033

Time for another new challenge! This one is pretty self-explanatory: just post a track from a puzzle game! Or, if you're feeling particularly creative (or don't play puzzle games) a track that plays whilst you have to solve a puzzle in another video game. Give us a little background info if you feel like it, same as always~

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Day 26 - Genre Challenge I - Puzzle

Mirror's Edge puzzle theme, so good. I'm not particularly fond of puzzle sections in most games, but at least this one from Mirror's Edge manages to be such a relaxing composition that it helps me concentrate.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years

Now before I post the track I am going to choose, I would like to point out there are different kinds of puzzle video games. The track I am going to choose is from a game that is also a hidden object video game. Here is the track I am going with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iykEcCqjT9c

Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst - The Underground Playground

Bay

Years

I mentioned this some weeks ago, and managed to finish the game's main stuff, haha. There are postgame stuff, but haven't gotten the chance to dig deep in some of the other stages due to distracted playing other games now, lol.

pkmin3033

Day 27 - A track that plays during a minigame

Minigames! Most games have them these days. Some are great - to the point that they're better than the rest of the game, and some are...not so great. Some make you wish they never existed. Most of them have a special little jingle set aside that will make you either hum it in your sleep or reach for the volume control. So, for today, post a track that plays in the background when you're playing a minigame. Tell us a bit about the minigame, if you feel like it. What made you pick this one?

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 27 - A track that plays during a mini game

When it comes to a track that plays during a mini game I am going to look to the Saints Row series. The song I am going to choose is Professor Genki Activity Music from Saints Row the Third. The music has sort of a Japanese game show feel to it. The main reason why the music has that feel is because the activity almost feels like a Japanese game show in a way.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

Crash Bash's Bearminator theme. I chose this track out of whatever there is in Crash Bash since Bearminator was my favorite game in Crash's Bash's party game fiesta. its really catchy with its usual crash-esque blings and binks, while the mood of ramming the crap out of your opponents out of the ring is further enhanced the more you listen to it.

Btw, Crash Bash was the last Crash game i played before i stopped. Rest in Pepperonis Crash.

Bay

Years

Tried a bit of the super training and I'm not that good at it to be honest. Maybe I'm just bad at aiming the soccer balls to the targets, pffft.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

It's been years since I've actually replayed FFX, but I clearly remember being addicted to the Blitzball mini-game. I hated having to copy techniques, but I guess it gave me more of an incentive to keep playing. And once you got Nap Shot 3, Jecht Shot 2 or basically any of those level 3 moves, it made it a lot more fun for me.

pkmin3033

It's not all fun and games sometimes; in any game with a story there is the potential for sadness. A character dies. A war breaks out and a lot of people die. The protagonists start crying for some reason. Whatever the cause, it's often designed to evoke similar feelings in the player, and the music is a pretty important component of setting that scene. So for today, share with us a track that stirred some of the more melancholy feelings within you.Or failing that - because some of us have hearts of stone and ice - a track you associate with a particularly sad moment in a video game. As always, explanations are awesome.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 28 - A track that makes you sad

When it comes to a video game track that makes me sad, I fine myself looking to the Halo series. The track I am going to choose is Ghosts and Glass from Halo Reach. Why does it make me sad? Well it is a reminder that for all the UNSC is doing against The Covenant, it is not possible to save everyone.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Before the announcement of Shenmue 3, any track from the games use to make me sad, lol. This one in particular was always a favorite of mine. The subplot between Ryo/Nozomi, and them having to eventually part ways was definitely an emotional scene for me.

Bay

Years

So, this plays at the very end before the credits.

Spoiler:

pkmin3033

Day 29 - Franchise Challenge III - Pokemon

You knew this was going to happen somewhen. Pokemon is what brought us all here in the first place, and it's the 20th Anniversary year, so. For today's challenge, let's have a Pokemon track! Main games or spinoffs, pick your poison-type~

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 29 - Franchise Challenge III - Pokemon

When it comes to track from the Pokemon games, I have one in mind to do. The track I am going to choose is one of the tracks from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. I am going to choose Dialga's Fight to the Finish from PMD Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky.

Bay

Years
  • Day 29 - Franchise Challenge III - Pokemon

I actually posted several Pokemon songs here, lol. Decided to go with Lance/Red's theme for today.

Back