• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
  • I'd like the Oak idea, only Maddy/Skymin has him assassinated in Broken;;, too. However, maybe do something like "he suddenly died without warning and no one could figure out how he died", perhaps?

Also wouldn't this go in the plot discussion thread? Just curious.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    -falls in-

'K, I tried starting a rather simple journey RP on another forum and guess what, it moves smoothly xD Shows that it's the players things depend most on. Lazy players = dead RP.

But of course... if there's overly complicated game mechanics or rules or story, the GM should be blamed for slowness <.<
    -stares at Kanto Rewinded- Making people go on a journey together was perhaps a bit too much to ask. Oh well, I keep trying, like everybody else here 8D

Maybe I just finally got it right with the other-forum-journey-RP this time.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • You don't support Natsu x Lucy, toptheworld? How dare you :| /however, you support Gray x Lucy, Loke x Lucy, and Gajeel x Levy, so it's all good

You probably shouldn't run too many RPs because then you might get them mixed up or lose track or get overwhelmed or something, but if you can handle a load at once, go for it!

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years
  • I am still accepting sign ups for my Roleplay "What if they were real" the roleplay has been going for weeks but you can still jump in, if you sign up please sign up in the OOC sign up thread.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I've been thinking (since for the second time CFtOS is dying or dead) or making an RP. It would be a "What if N won against (insert player character here)? Twenty years after this, Unova is under the control of Ghetsis and N and the Pokemon League is forced underground. Other regions cannot interfere due to dealing with their own internal struggles at the time and the pure distance they are from the Unova region. You could play as a Plasma member or a rookie trainer from outside Unova who come there despite knowing the danger.

Does that spark anyone's interest?

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • Is there a reason only one person has joined Gladiators? I truthfully want to know because if no one likes it than I want to get to work on a different RP. But if people just aren't joining because they don't have the time or something than I'll be patient and leave it for awhile.

toptheworld

Crash Addict
    Years
  • New RP

I thought of a new idea, meant for ten players only. Here's how it works:

The player character from all regions have their Pokemon team up at lvl. 100, but they continue to fight anyone who challenges as "Leaders" of their Region. So to decide who is the strongest of all Five Regions, the eleven player characters meet up in (name region here) to start a tournament called the Master's League. There are 5 battles going on at once, all in one large arena, with one player on the side.

During the climax of those battles, something strange happens. The Pokemon begin to glow...during the middle of the battle. Not a normal glow either. A sinister glow, the colour of the Pokemon's fur/skin/foliage. And then, bam, the Pokedexes break.

These Pokemon have gained a level. All Pokemon are now level 101.

And now, they have lost all sanity.

Everyone runs away, and all the Player Characters/Masters have gone comatose due to the energy from their Pokemon, who are going berserk and destroying everything in sight. The only who can save them, is the Pokemon Trainer who was sitting out. But he/she ran off, and is now searching for ten capable Trainers who are willing to battle these level 101 Pokemon, but no one is the up for the job. He/she is incapable of doing it alone. With no one else to turn to, he/she almost gives up.

Now here are the plotholes:

1. Does this seem reasonable? The only reason why this has happened is because the Pokemon have been overexerted, and once one evolved, all the other tired Pokemon in the battle arena evolved due to the area.

2. Which is the main Pokemon for each player character? Should I chose at random, or look for it in the anime? If so, how do I decide, because some are harder to figure out.

3. I'm either planning on doing one of two things.

One - get the player character to find two players from each hometown village to go with her to train, either by choice or by force. Each trainer will get a Pokemon already level 50, so the only task at hand is to train each Pokemon to a high enough level, and to strengthen the bond.

Or two - get the player character go to a new region, Idona, to ask them if they are willing to do it. The player character will give each ten an egg found in that region. When it hatches, it is already a rather high level (between 25-50).

The defaults of each plan:

1 - Plot may get boring, and I can't think of a way to pep it up while they're training, except for normal events, like drama between characters.

2 - Although this way, the Pokemon in this region are much stronger than in normal regions, and much less passive, therefore more Pokemon in the wild are going to attack. Instead of a group training, it will be one character training only, or maybe in pairs. The only issue with this is that I will have to make my own Pokemon, which could be much harder than one would think.

So based on all this, what do you think?

Sorry for the long post ... D:

Truth be told, I looked at Gladiators. I've been meaning to join RPs that have less players so I wouldn't be caught halfway through the hustle and bustle, but the idea didn't really peak my interest. I'm sorry D;

Last edited:

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    Along with my Race idea, I have anotha idea. I think I'll be posting The Race near the end of The Children Are Hunted, so I have reasonable time and attention for both.

My idea is this. It takes place in Kanto after Team Rocket was destroyed. What if you decided on starting your own evil group? The plot basically follows you as a Boss of your team. You assign executives and follow through plans you have to take over the region. You'd be supported by the GM, who would be leader of the EGK (Evil Groups of Kanto xD). Then, you'd pick a location for your base, and such. How would you use Pokemon? How would you get new recruits?

Whatd'ya think?

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Kind of offtopic here, but you guys can deal. ;)

I'M BACK! After a long time of absence. I've been doing this a lot lately, sorry. Not just to you guys. xD Even though it's summer break, I have too much projects to do. It's due on the first day of school and I'm STILL not done. Woot~! (sarcasm) However, I shall be trying to come back more often. <3 Sorry guys for those who have missed me/know me. For those who don't know me, watch out. =P

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • Welcome back :3 I only know that you were a Mod here before Rika, but maybe that'll change if you stick around~

In other news I really shouldn't be trying to take up forum Roleplaying and LiveJournal Roleplaying at the same time ._.; Forum RPing has much less intimidating members than LJ RPing ('course, a lot of the LJ RPers are at least in college ><), so it's like switching between polar opposites.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Kind of offtopic here, but you guys can deal. ;)

I'M BACK! After a long time of absence. I've been doing this a lot lately, sorry. Not just to you guys. xD Even though it's summer break, I have too much projects to do. It's due on the first day of school and I'm STILL not done. Woot~! (sarcasm) However, I shall be trying to come back more often. <3 Sorry guys for those who have missed me/know me. For those who don't know me, watch out. =P

Good to have you back! See you arrround!

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • ^ Diamond,

A well laid-out plot,
    A variety of starter choices,
    Some character interaction, but not much,
    A GM who won't quit on you.
    Oh, and creativity in designing areas and towns for the RP.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What would you like to see in a Journey RP?

Everything that is in my Johto RP... lolol

Well,
    - Interesting starters, since you most often keep the starter all the way. In slls81's RP, he nowadays let new players choose any starter they like. It works, actually.

- Some kind of background plot that curses through the RP but doesn't necessarily have to steer your every move. You still want to go around catching a team and battling gym leaders easily.

- Freedom in posts. At least most posts. When I did 'Begin, Again', I noticed that steered up chapter posts weren't really very easy to write about. In my Johto RP (on another forum) I'm giving a lot more freedom. Works well, the players create their own stories. We've all wanted to write our own OT fic at some point, haven't we? :3

- A devoted GM. Again, in that Johto RP... maybe a part of it's smoothness is because I'm a player in it too. I give examples of what can be done in each route and by posting often I think I'm driving the other players on. Everyone wants to have the highest level for their pokémon xD

- New stuff in gyms and areas. New gym leaders aren't always the best thing, but can be fun. New towns would be a fun thing. In Begin, Again, I at least thought it was a cool thing to change the areas around a bit. Like making Route 1 a farmland, route 2 having a river running through it etc. Simple but neat.

- Character interaction apparently isn't the reason people sign up for these kind of RPs (at least not RPs resembling A New Professor In Town). The reason they sign up is probably more because they want to play a pokémon game with more freedom and choice and new twists. To get rid of game mechanics and still have a sense of progression. At least, that's why I join ^^'

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • What would you like to see in a Journey RP?

Everything that is in my Johto RP... lolol

Well,
    - Interesting starters, since you most often keep the starter all the way. In slls81's RP, he nowadays let new players choose any starter they like. It works, actually.

- Some kind of background plot that curses through the RP but doesn't necessarily have to steer your every move. You still want to go around catching a team and battling gym leaders easily.

- Freedom in posts. At least most posts. When I did 'Begin, Again', I noticed that steered up chapter posts weren't really very easy to write about. In my Johto RP (on another forum) I'm giving a lot more freedom. Works well, the players create their own stories. We've all wanted to write our own OT fic at some point, haven't we? :3

- A devoted GM. Again, in that Johto RP... maybe a part of it's smoothness is because I'm a player in it too. I give examples of what can be done in each route and by posting often I think I'm driving the other players on. Everyone wants to have the highest level for their pokémon xD

- New stuff in gyms and areas. New gym leaders aren't always the best thing, but can be fun. New towns would be a fun thing. In Begin, Again, I at least thought it was a cool thing to change the areas around a bit. Like making Route 1 a farmland, route 2 having a river running through it etc. Simple but neat.

- Character interaction apparently isn't the reason people sign up for these kind of RPs (at least not RPs resembling A New Professor In Town). The reason they sign up is probably more because they want to play a pokémon game with more freedom and choice and new twists. To get rid of game mechanics and still have a sense of progression. At least, that's why I join ^^'

^This.

I think journey RP's need to be kept as open as possible. In my opinion, GM's need to find a balance between keeping some level of control over the RP, and giving the RPers enough freedom to run with their own ideas. You don't need to micromanage every aspect of the RP, just gently move the plot along in keeping with the overall back story.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Mhm!
    I would also say the level of activity from the other RPers too.

Mmm... I guess this gives me an idea for another journey RP. ^__^
    Eaither its going to be based off Ye Pokebeasts journeye' or...something totally different which I've thought of for a while~

Now, what I would like to ask: What do you guys think about statistical RPs?

Last edited:
    Years
  • As long as they aren't too complicated, they're a blast. I hosted one on a another forum, and you wouldn't believe how popular it was.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back