• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Thrace

@tion
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    So i'm guessing its preset because of the extensive research done in the latim catacombs that made duskull always the same?
    and i found some more previously.
    i skipped the 3rd gym leader and went to the granite city building(where "Rick" works) and cleared the event as usual, but when i wanted to get my revenge on pam, i finished her and when i was about to leave, "Rick" acted suspicious even though he told me what was going on. also, the frostpen and granite city houses glitched up upon entering or leaving the city.and... the person who gives you surf keeps giving you surf.

And a guide would be awesome if someone made it. I'm sure everyone wants to know where to get charmander and the fossils.One more question though...where do you revive the fossils?I have nothing left to say except Best of luck dshayabusa!
    Darn, I completely forgot about Frostpen City... I just kept putting it off because I would have to re-insert tiles which can sometimes crash the rom.

You revive the fossils in the lab in Palerose Town (original, I know :p) but you can't go inside it yet.

Wowsers, yes!
    You really need to make a guide!

PS. Are the National Library trainers meant to be that strong? I'm about 10 levels lower than all of them!
    Yeah they're supposed to be strong because I didn't want people to try and fight them.

Looks good so far. I just downloaded the new beta and am going to try it out now. I'll let you know of any bugs/glitches I find along the way. Here's one I've found: Pick any pokemon, and then when it asks if you want to give it a nickname, say "yes". Then cancel out of that screen, and the game will freeze. Nothing too major, just thought you should know about it. Anyway, I look forward to trying it out and I'll let you know of anything else I find.
    That script is really starting to piss me off, I don't know why but namepokemon just never seems to work for me.

Dshayabusa, I found you slightly lazy...xD
    I found a few tile errors...Oh, in that first cave (is it Mt. Berous?), there's a border and tile error thingo...
    Can't be screwed uploading any pics...so yah.

Oh, there's a ton of movement problems in the National Library...xD
    Aah, yeah that Mt. Berous things annoying, I'll have to resize the map. Its so big though so it'll take a bit of space when I repoint, thats why I didn't want to fix it yet. That's also why I haven't fixed the tile problems when you move between Verasa and Route 1.

Those aren't movement permission problems in the National Library, they're actually problems with the tile themselves, not sure how to fix it yet.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • But...they weren't there in FR and half of the National Library is the SAME!

Well, you might be a good hacker, but you sure don't get any points in the ingenious thinking department...
    Change Mt. Berous from this:
    Spoiler:

Into this:
    Spoiler:

See, the edges are change without growing...
    No need to mess around with resizing...Well, dshay, can you tell me the dangers of resizing without repointing and all that?
    It'll overwrite data, right?
    Well, I expanded a map...And it made another route's stuff go black. I fixed that route up and everything was fine!

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • But...they weren't there in FR and half of the National Library is the SAME!

Well, you might be a good hacker, but you sure don't get any points in the ingenious thinking department...
    Spoiler:

Into this:
    Spoiler:

No need to mess around with resizing...Well, dshay, can you tell me the dangers of resizing without repointing and all that?
    Well, I expanded a map...And it made another route's stuff go black. I fixed that route up and everything was fine!
    You're obviously, not know what you're doing.
    He uses 1.92, which uses offsets, 1.9+ is a killing machine thta if u expand, it overwrites existing data.
    but he doesnt even use pallet town+, so it doesnt matter xD.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • You're obviously, not know what you're doing.
    He uses 1.92, which uses offsets, 1.9+ is a killing machine thta if u expand, it overwrites existing data.
    but he doesnt even use pallet town+, so it doesnt matter xD.

Ah yes, I used 1.92 as well.... Oh noes....x.x
    Is there a problem if you change the map from W: 80 H: 24 to W: 24 H: 80?

But, how's my solutional idea, dshaybusa?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    Oh, I found a glitch of sorts. It won't save anymore, and it isn't as subtle like in SG. Also, would you a fake pokemon in your game?

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • Oh, I found a glitch of sorts. It won't save anymore, and it isn't as subtle like in SG. Also, would you a fake pokemon in your game?

never say fake and mon in one sentence

If dshayabusa added those, i'd probably leave since I hate fake mon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    never say fake and mon in one sentence

If dshayabusa added those, i'd probably leave since I hate fake mon.

Yes sir or mam. Sorry. ANyway, I made my accusation prematurley. It seems my other game I was playing based on FR is also screwed up.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • I'm sure I spotted this in the 1st beta, a little tile error;

gensisitileerror1.jpg

Spelling error, beleive is meant to be spelt believe

spellingerror.jpg

and when Oak gives you a pokedex, he say's "heres" I thin this is meant to be "here's" I'm not too sure on that tho

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    But...they weren't there in FR and half of the National Library is the SAME!

Spoiler:

Into this:
    Spoiler:

I thought about that but I thought it would make the map look quite bad, but it doesn't look too much different. Thanks, yeah I'll probably do that.

Resizing without repointing? Uh... you can't unless theres empty space after the map data. I haven't had any problems using AM 1.9.2 but I guess others have? If you're scared it might kill your rom just use 1.8.2.

thnx man this looks really cool
    I could've sworn someone made this exact same post before. To the very letter.

Oh, I found a glitch of sorts. It won't save anymore, and it isn't as subtle like in SG. Also, would you a fake pokemon in your game?
    It won't save anymore? What do you mean? It saves fine. No, I don't really like Fakemon.

In beta2,I can not use the ticket to exchange the bike,why?Is it a bug?
    Really? It worked when I tested it... I'll go check it out.

I'm sure I spotted this in the 1st beta, a little tile error;

gensisitileerror1.jpg

Spelling error, beleive is meant to be spelt believe

spellingerror.jpg

and when Oak gives you a pokedex, he say's "heres" I thin this is meant to be "here's" I'm not too sure on that tho
    Thanks for those.

Too bad that you are still not adding OW's...
    However, even without OW's, your scripting appearence is excellent.
    Hope you add the OW's in thw next beta.
    What is the big deal with OWs? I probably will have them in the next beta. If someone makes a complete set for me.

is the main sprite the sprite in ruby and sapphire?
    Coz its in ur sig
    Urgh, isn't it obvious its a different hack.

Looks great, but I hate mareep.
    PS: the starter circle is not right.
    I don't care.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Hey good to see you online. Question.Beta is how long? ANd when it come out. not noob asking but curiousity. Also this is looking great. Also i think i found a way to pass through palrose(i think name is that) gym.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Hey good to see you online. Question.Beta is how long? ANd when it come out. not noob asking but curiousity. Also this is looking great. Also i think i found a way to pass through palrose(i think name is that) gym.
    Uhh not sure, 5-6 hours? Its 5 badges long. Pass through? Do you mean get to the leader? Or do you mean you can walk through it? (permission error?)

Back