• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Majora's Mask 3D

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I've never played the original due to how I was intimidated by the 3-day time limit as a kid. Now that I'm older, I'm interested in playing it, but it requires an expansion pak for my N64, and while I got mine from DK64, it's been a long time, and I might've lost it somewhere. I've pre-ordered the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL, but I'm hesitant on planning to buy a physical copy of MM3D, because I'm not sure if it was mentioned that it'll have the remake pre-installed in the New 3DS XL's menu for me.

Last I checked, Nintendo's website says "Game not included" with the MM edition of the console, and specifically stated the Monster Hunter edition does come with the game pre-installed.

Yep, I believe they kept all of them except for the Forest Stage glitch, which prevented you from getting a Deku Nut upgrade if you missed it the first time around. In fact, there are even more glitches in the 3D version, but to my knowledge they're not really game-breaking unless you actually TRY to exploit them, haha.

Wow, didn't know you could play as Epona. xD Sounds pretty amusing, lol.

There are so many insane glitches in MM. So many.

I know it's sliiiiightly off-topic, but a lot of LoZ games have some of my favorite glitches. Seriously, it's like they purposefully leave in bugs that break the games in the best ways.

Like murdering the postman in Twilight Princess. He falls to his death, but -- presuming your game doesn't freeze up -- he still delivers your mail, even from beyond the grave! What a guy.
    12.%20tongue.gif

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • There are so many insane glitches in MM. So many.

...Okay, I think this glitch is over-the-top bizarre. O_O

Spoiler:

However, according to the wiki, the game can actually freeze upon executing the glitch, so Grezzo might remove it.

I know it's sliiiiightly off-topic, but a lot of LoZ games have some of my favorite glitches. Seriously, it's like they purposefully leave in bugs that break the games in the best ways.

The first thing that crossed my mind was the "Escape the Forest" glitch... and the next thing that hit me was:

Spoiler:

Like murdering the postman in Twilight Princess. He falls to his death, but -- presuming your game doesn't freeze up -- he still delivers your mail, even from beyond the grave! What a guy.
    12.%20tongue.gif

O_O Well, then. xD

I'm pretty sure I accidentally killed people the same way in Wind Waker... maybe the Killer Bees? ~_~

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Spoiler:
    You can also do another glitch with the same result as this by using Bombs in the Lost Woods. Basically, you have to time it right so that Link is holding a Bomb, jump through one of those holes in the ground, and as the warp event is triggered the Bomb must also explode and kill Link. You can look it up, but I've done it myself and I know it works. Not sure if it's any faster than the Gohma room glitch.

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    You can also do another glitch with the same result as this by using Bombs in the Lost Woods. Basically, you have to time it right so that Link is holding a Bomb, jump through one of those holes in the ground, and as the warp event is triggered the Bomb must also explode and kill Link. You can look it up, but I've done it myself and I know it works. Not sure if it's any faster than the Gohma room glitch.

That's another really neat one, actually. I normally don't keep up with speedruns, but the one in Gohma's room is the one used in glitch runs, fwiw. c:

I dunno if there's a fancy way to get bombs early (though I doubt it since child Link can't even use them in the first place) but getting a bottle from Kakariko before even entering the Deku tree is totally possible. lol.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    That's another really neat one, actually. I normally don't keep up with speedruns, but the one in Gohma's room is the one used in glitch runs, fwiw. c:

I dunno if there's a fancy way to get bombs early (though I doubt it since child Link can't even use them in the first place) but getting a bottle from Kakariko before even entering the Deku tree is totally possible. lol.

Spoiler:
    I think I actually did that version as well, I remember that Bottle quest! Glad they keep these cool little glitches in the remakes.

Meadow

Years
  • You can also do another glitch with the same result as this by using Bombs in the Lost Woods. Basically, you have to time it right so that Link is holding a Bomb, jump through one of those holes in the ground, and as the warp event is triggered the Bomb must also explode and kill Link. You can look it up, but I've done it myself and I know it works. Not sure if it's any faster than the Gohma room glitch.

I think I've seen that being done before, and it was pretty darn freaky, haha. That's something I could never accomplish even if I dedicated all of my time practicing it. {XD}

Glad they keep these cool little glitches in the remakes.

Yeah, I think Grezzo is pretty big on the nostalgia factor. From what I've seen, they tend to only take out glitches with adverse effects, but leave all of the other ones in (even if they sequence-break the living heck out of the game), haha.

EDIT:

I dunno if there's a fancy way to get bombs early (though I doubt it since child Link can't even use them in the first place)

Sorry if I'm totally misreading haha, but I thought that child Link HAS to be able to use bombs if he gets them in Dodongo's Cavern?

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Sorry if I'm totally misreading haha, but I thought that child Link HAS to be able to use bombs if he gets them in Dodongo's Cavern?

I really should have just stayed in bed today, haha. I'm too tired and I've just been feeling like
    emot-byodood_zpsb1798b68.gif
    all day.

I only remembered him being able to use the fancy bracelet from the Gorons to pick up bomb flowers, specifically -- I completely forgot the bomb bag is in Dodongo's Cavern. I swear, I am completely on top of things.
    rolleyes_zps4160928e.gif

Either way, that is definitely a much longer journey than getting the bottle, haha.

Meadow

Years
  • I really should have just stayed in bed today, haha. I'm too tired and I've just been feeling like
    emot-byodood_zpsb1798b68.gif
    all day.

I only remembered him being able to use the fancy bracelet from the Gorons to pick up bomb flowers, specifically -- I completely forgot the bomb bag is in Dodongo's Cavern. I swear, I am completely on top of things.
    rolleyes_zps4160928e.gif

Either way, that is definitely a much longer journey than getting the bottle, haha.

Haha, it's all good; I myself should totally know how that feels. xD

Anyways, I know this isn't exactly related, but I always loved how in Master Quest you could get the bomb bag as soon as you start the dungeon via the following exploit:

Spoiler:

The best part about it is that it isn't even a glitch, haha, as it's a skillful manipulation of the dungeon's wall. xD Oh! Speaking of Master Quest, that makes me wonder if Grezzo is gonna add in a second (and harder) quest in MM 3D. =/

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Haha, it's all good; I myself should totally know how that feels. xD

Anyways, I know this isn't exactly related, but I always loved how in Master Quest you could get the bomb bag as soon as you start the dungeon via the following exploit:

Spoiler:

The best part about it is that it isn't even a glitch, haha, as it's a skillful manipulation of the dungeon's wall. xD Oh! Speaking of Master Quest, that makes me wonder if Grezzo is gonna add in a second (and harder) quest in MM 3D. =/
    On the topic of Master Quest, I actually found OoT 3D Master Quest to be easier than the actual playthrough of the game. I'm talking about mainly the Temples, everything felt like you could progress much faster.

With the amount of time they've spent on Majora's Mask 3D and the fact that they've said it's more than a remake, I'd actually say it's likely there is a Master Quest in it that's more different from the main game than OoT's was.

Meadow

Years
  • On the topic of Master Quest, I actually found OoT 3D Master Quest to be easier than the actual playthrough of the game. I'm talking about mainly the Temples, everything felt like you could progress much faster.

With the amount of time they've spent on Majora's Mask 3D and the fact that they've said it's more than a remake, I'd actually say it's likely there is a Master Quest in it that's more different from the main game than OoT's was.

Yep, I agree. From the feel of it, I can infer that whoever designed Master Quest wanted the dungeons to be tougher on paper, while removing anything they considered to be pointless or tedious annoyances (like things that usually take forever to do, but require less brainwork... unfortunately, I'm too brain-dead at the moment to recall any examples). Heck, the reason I felt that Master Quest was more straightforward than the normal quest was due to the lack of said annoyances, haha.

Regarding MM 3D, I really hope so. The main reason why Grezzo threw Master Quest into OoT 3D is because it already existed as a GameCube special-edition thingy, but then again, you are correct that they spent an unusual amount of time on MM, so I would definitely hope for at least a "Hero Mode" or something along those lines.

I remember when I leaked this game back in July and not a single person seemed to believe me. Well oops.

WHOA! By any chance, are you referring to this...? I saw that article in July and I literally believed it, haha.

Meadow

Years
  • Yup, those were my photos! (The nail polish was someone else trying to reduce the glare on the screen lmao) It was the talk of the Electronics team for days beforehand.

O_O

Th-that's just awesome! I was honestly on the verge of giving up on MM3D until I ran into that article, haha. At any rate, thanks for doing that! (It really renewed my hype, lol.)

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Has anyone else been following the changes they've made to the original game? Some of them seem okay, but others seem like they're dumbing down the game - such as some of the changes to the bosses, the altered Zora and Goron controls, and things like that.

I'm still getting it, but I'm kind of skeptical about some of those changes. I'm sure I'll still play it and love it anyway. I've been wanting to replay MM for a few years now.

Sir Codin

You know, I'm going to be honest....I don't really like many of these changes.

In fact, I'm not even sure if I want this now.

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    You know, I'm going to be honest....I don't really like many of these changes.

In fact, I'm not even sure if I want this now.

^ That was my feeling when I read most of them. Like, I understand changing the HUD, I figured it'd basically resemble OoT 3D's. But, some of these changes.. Who were they made for?!

"The "Song of Double Time" lets Link to jump to a specific hour of the current day."

That sounds even more confusing than it was before, tbh. I get that they want it to be more of a "handheld game" and ergo, more palatable for shorter sessions.. but the time went fast enough to begin with, the days were never long enough, imo. Who thought they needed to change the song mechanics because waiting 3 minutes was 'too long.' lol

"Zora Link now swims at a slower speed, making navigation of tight underwater corridors easier. The original swimming mechanics are merged with the Electric Aura attack, which drains the Magic Meter when executed."

That was HARD for some people? How often did that even happen? Apparently I'm missing something because that's not one of the 'complaints' I remember having with MM. "Man, those tight corridors were really hard to swim through, I wish he could swim slower." And what about the race and the seahorse? Following the seahorse was hard enough to keep up with! D:
    Spoiler:

"The Ice Arrows can only freeze certain paths of sparkling water."

...Why. This one literally just ruins my fun, and why? Because someone had too much trouble figuring out how to use them or something? Why did they even.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • All of these complaints about the changes made in Majora's Mask 3D before the game is even out yet reminds me of the complaints on the changes made in HG/SS:

- Kris is replaced by Lyra
    - The grass patches are different
    - Whitney's Miltank had its lvl reduced by 1

This is why Nintendo and its second parties rarely listen to their fans, because they really have no idea what they want and bash the games they've been requesting for years.

Yukari

Eh, I'll still be getting it either way. I haven't played the original anyway since I don't have an expansion Pack, so I might as well play it now.

Meadow

Years
  • I haven't read about the changes yet, but umm...

"Zora Link now swims at a slower speed, making navigation of tight underwater corridors easier. The original swimming mechanics are merged with the Electric Aura attack, which drains the Magic Meter when executed."

wut

And either those god forsaken beavers better swim slower, too, or I deserve free Chateau Romani specifically to get that crappy bottle. /grumble grumble.

This. So much this. I'm usually not the type to complain about change, but the Zora Mask nerf is just ridiculous in itself.

Not gonna lie, I actually think the new Song of Double Time sounds very convenient, even if it takes a lot less skill. xD

Back