• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My New Wi-Fi Competitive Team... (I think. :P)

Years
Hey, so, I am fairly new to competitive battling, so this team might suck hard, but here they are. :)

Tyranitar w???
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Stream
Moves:
Crunch
EQ
Stone Edge
Fire Punch
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Speed

Lucario w/Expert Belt
Nature: Modest
Ability: Steadfast
Moves:
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
EV's: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Swampert w/Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Torrent
Moves:
Hammer Arm
Stone Edge
EQ
Waterfall
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def

Metagross w/Occa Berry
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Clear Body
Moves:
Thunderpunch
Zen Headbutt
Rock Slide
Ice Punch
EVs: 252 Atk, 228 Speed, 28 HP

Dragonite w/ Yache Berry
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves:
Fire Punch
Outrage
Thunderpunch
Dragon Dance
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Electivire w/ Shuca Berry
Nature:Adamant
Ability: Motor Drive
Moves:
EQ
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Magnet Rise

Please rate my team constructively. If you need more info, I'd be glad to provide it. :)

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
Years
Hey, so, I am fairly new to competitive battling, so this team might suck hard, but here they are. :)

Tyranitar w???
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Stream
Moves:
Crunch
EQ
Stone Edge
Fire Punch
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Speed

Lucario w/Expert Belt
Nature: Modest
Ability: Steadfast
Moves:
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
EV's: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Swampert w/Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Torrent
Moves:
Hammer Arm
Stone Edge
EQ
Waterfall
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def

Metagross w/Occa Berry
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Clear Body
Moves:
Thunderpunch
Zen Headbutt
Rock Slide
Ice Punch
EVs: 252 Atk, 228 Speed, 28 HP

Dragonite w/ Yache Berry
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves:
Fire Punch
Outrage
Thunderpunch
Dragon Dance

Electivire w/ Shuca Berry
Nature:Adamant
Ability: Motor Drive
Moves:
EQ
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Magnet Rise

Please rate my team constructively. If you need more info, I'd be glad to provide it. :)

first and foremost, you gotta remove the reducing berries. Electivire likes expert belt, dragonite would like LO (life orb) and metagross with lum berry instead.

this looks like a pure offensive beatdown style kind of team, given that every pokemon you posted all have attacks and no support WHATSOEVER. so im gonna try and help with that. do you know if you are going to use this team for Wifi battles or for shoddy?

Tyranitar loves being adamant nature to abuse that monstrous atk stat, but jolly works too if your looking to outspeed things, but i believe its going to fall short on OHKOs, so Choice Band as an item would help, and switching out Fire Punch to pursuit, loads of things are deathly afraid of tyranitar, so nabbing them on the switch is going to hurt

oh boy, a special lucario ^^; you gotta drop psychic and dark pulse, in favor for shadow ball and vacuum wave. dragon pulse isn't going to be doing much either, so just have close combat in case you face off a blissey. Hidden power ice works wonders here, as its your counter for when Gliscor comes in to ruin your parade.

Swampert could use a tad bit of work, and is going to be your lead on this team, since tyranitar can be saved for late game beatdowns. Hammer Arm is a terrible move on the mudfish IMO so stealth rocks are a must, as it will help lower your opponent's health to KO range. you can keep stone edge, but you might want to consider placing roar for shuffling and checking out the rest of your opponents pokemon. also you might want to take a few EVs out of atk to place in defense, it takes physical hits extremely well.

Metagross is an awesome sweeper, but your not gonna be doing much with that set. Meteor Mash > Zen Headbutt because of the chance to raise atk 1 stage. Tpunch is kinda redundant when you have Electivire sporting STAB on Tpunch, So EQ would be great here. Instead of rock slide, you can put in agility for the agiligross set and outspeed your counters, namely magnezone, infernape, and Heatran, all which hit your team pretty bad.

Naughty Dragonite means you can have Fire Blast > Fire Punch. it does a lot more to skarmory, but your pretty much set there, standard DDnite.

Electivire looks ok, i've heard of magnet rise being useful, but i guess a more experienced battler will tell you otherwise.

that's my two cents on the whole team though.

Years
This will be a wifi team. :) And also, for the choice band, is choice band a really good item? I've seen plenty people to equip it, but it leaves them with only one move, which kind of hinders the moveset. Sorry if this is a noob question. :)

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
dont listen to that guy, trust in yourself, & dont use life orb, the reason people lose is CUZ of life orb, the more life it drains,the easier it is to take it out, just watch killer nacho, pokemon who carry life orb usually get knocked out the moment a priority move is used.

i say toss dark pulse for extremespeed, so you have a priority move, then youll see how easily life orbed pokemon get owned
life orb may be a powerful item,but it sucks, anyone who cares bout their pokemon can see that, it drains your life fast, its like an anti-leftovers with double the cost, and always leads to the its downfall.
ive learned that in every battle ive had i took out the life orbed pokemon the fastest, and my life orbed pokemon (only used it twice) was the first to go down.

next your dragonite needs to lose outrage& get dragon claw, less powerful, but its more reliable, doesnt lock you into it for several turns& you run no risk of hurtin urself further if you use life orb, or hurtin urself at all.

and lastly:

i like your strategy hit them hard& fast so while they waste their time on support moves youve already knocked out half their team ^_^ its very similar ot mine lol

revelp8

Years
This will be a wifi team. :) And also, for the choice band, is choice band a really good item? I've seen plenty people to equip it, but it leaves them with only one move, which kind of hinders the moveset. Sorry if this is a noob question. :)

Its all about prediction. read a few logs that are posted here and you'll see why ;)

dont listen to that guy, trust in yourself, & dont use life orb, the reason people lose is CUZ of life orb, the more life it drains,the easier it is to take it out, just watch killer nacho, pokemon who carry life orb usually get knocked out the moment a priority move is used.

LOL. dunno how you battle but LO is used for the win. ;)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Volroc, your rate was meh, sorry but it was. Basing your competitive knowledge from youtube battlers really isn't good considering like 99% of them blow. There are literally 5 good ones. People like Syberia is who you should be watching. If your pokes dies faster because of Life Orb, you were using them wrong trust me.

Life Orb is the best item in the game bar Leftovers, if you cannot grasp that concept and further more go on to say "dont listen to that guy" when you are inexperienced yourself then you shouldn't be rating teams. ;/

Also Outrage is so much better than Dragon Claw on that set. Dragonite is used to clean up late game, locking yourself in is a non issue then when all your counters/dragon resists are gone which is easy considering only steel resists it (which Fire Punch and Earthquake [which should be over ThunderPunch] take care of and getting walled by crap like Swampert and Gyarados late game sucks ass.

Speaking of which use Jolly, nite needs the speed considering its slow as heck.

anyone who cares bout their pokemon can see that

That is moot in competitive battling unless its for Return to be powered up.

Moving on.

@revelp Why would you use CC on a special Lucario ? Its not like Blissey can take Aura Sphere's since more and more are going back to Bold.

Please just use LO or Specs on it.

Metagross wants Adamant.

Anyway there are alot of problems here. You lack Stealth Rock, this is a must on competitive teams it secures so many ko's you wouldn't believe.

Next, your sets are kinda off. I see you're new, so go here for a little tweaking.

Next it looks like you slapped 6 random pokemon together and called it a day, nothing works well together here very well at all. Not very good offensively and lacks checks/counters to several stuff so its kinda flimsy defensively too.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=205008

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=209090

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4658759&postcount=6

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3263797&postcount=1

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4337551

Read those, all of them will help you sort out this team.

Last edited:

revelp8

Years
Volroc, your rate was meh, sorry but it was. Basing your competitive knowledge from youtube battlers really isn't good considering like 99% of them blow. There are literally 5 good ones. People like Syberia is who you should be watching. If your pokes dies faster because of Life Orb, you were using them wrong trust me.

Life Orb is the best item in the game bar Leftovers, if you cannot grasp that concept and further more go on to say "dont listen to that guy" when you are inexperienced yourself then you shouldn't be rating teams. ;/

@revelp Why would you use CC on a special Lucario ? Its not like Blissey can take Aura Sphere's since more and more are going back to Bold.

Please just use LO or Specs on it.

Well i figure he's not going to have a good hidden power on it anyways, so i figure a mixed set would work well. that or use Flash Cannon :T

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Flash Cannon would be ok actually, it nearly OHKO's Gliscor and OHKO's Salamence with SR up with Choice Specs.

Back