• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Offensive and Defensive combo's and Lures and all that good stuff. Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=205008

A continuation of this thread.

Basically people said this has helped them and asked me if i could make another thread in regards to this since it IS a big part of team building. So here it is i guess.

Id like to make a sticky of all of these complied if i get enough haha.

Any Latias/Any Salamence + Magnezone

Old standard combo. Trap steels with Maggy and then spam Outrage, Draco etc. Very simple but effective.

CB Luke + SD Scizor

Takes prediction to use, but if you use Stone Edge/Crunch early game to soften up fighting counters a number of which are shared with SD Scizor (Gyarados, Zapdos, Rotom etc)then Scizor can clean up late game.

Toxic Spikes + Sub Petaya Empoleon + CB Tar

Set up Toxic Spikes early game and watch things struggle. T-Spikes eliminate like 98% of all Sub Petaya Empoleon checks and CBTar can Pursuit the ones they wont kill or wont kill quickly enough (see Latias, Scarf Rotom and Blissey). Blissey also cant Protect or heal on your Pursuit with T-Spikes up. You can also Pursuit Tentacruel as he absorbs T-Spikes. Toxic Spikes also cripple Swampert for Tar.

Sub/Pain Split/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball LO Gengar + Latias.

Another little fun combo. Sub on the switch and lol as ScarfTar, Blissey, Scizor cringe and all get punched hard in the face by this set. Then Latias can sweep when they are all weakened.

HP Fire Tinkerbell Celebi + Mixmence

I love this combo truth be told. Thunderwave your initial check which will usually be something like Latias, Scizor or another steel such as Forry, Skarm, Heatran Jirachi, ScarfTar or Blissey. We cant do anything about Blissey (which is easy to remove anyway) but the other Mixmence checks are utterly owned. Watch Mixmence decimate everything with its counters paralyzed or lured in and owned by Celebi.

Mix Mamoswine + CB Scizor + CroGyara

Blizzard 2HKO's Rotoms with SR up, Skarm and Celebi who are all usual Mamo and Gyara "checks" and Mamo owns them all. Stone Edge also nails other Gyarados, and Mamo also lures and hurts bulky waters badly with STAB EQ. Scizor removes/check Mence (BP + Pursuit mind games and can also eliminate Scarf Rotom, and Starmie to an extent). U-Turn also wears down down things like Zapdos. This is also great with T-Spikes to wear down waters.

Wish Mence/Latias + Forry + Swampert

Resists every type in the game. Mence/Latias provides Wish support for Forry and Pert and Forry and Pert set up hazards.

What offensive and defensive combo's do you have ?

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Defensive Rotom-H and DD Babiri Tar (+Gliscor)

Rotom-H comes in first and cripples fighting types/ Scizor with Will-O-Wisp or provides paralysis support with Discharge, allowing Tar to come in much easier, set up a Dragon Dance, and sweep. Rotom can also provide Reflect support if needed which helps further to cushion physical attacks, and absorbs fighting attacks from stuff like Luke/Machamp. Gliscor works well with this combo because Luke can still be a problem if it doesn't switch in on a WoW or parahax from Discharge, and Gliscor likes the Sand Veil Evasion Boost. Gliscor can also wear down bulky waters with Taunt/Toxic, and bulky waters can be a pain for Tar as well.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Dont see what Rotom does in this combo. It seems useless lol because i mean Luke isnt going to come in on Rotom and can just switch.

Taunt/Toxic Gliscor + Babiri Tar is much better since its semi decent then as you actually beat Tars counters and they wont switch lol. I.e lure in Swampert and Waters.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Choice Band/Scarf Tyranitar + Life Orb Gengar + Choice Scarf Magnezone
    This trio is designed to help Gengar annhilate teams with it's moves which provide great coverage. Band/Scarf Tyranitar can just Pursuit Gengar counters as most of them don't like Pursuited. That gives Gengar some breathing space to sweep, but Tyranitar and Gengar share a counter which will stop them from sweeping: Scizor. Magnezone's purpose is: Revenge killing Scizor. Magnezone can also dent some other Steels like Metagross, Jirachi, Forretress and Skarmory if Gengar fainted.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Dont see what Rotom does in this combo. It seems useless lol because i mean Luke isnt going to come in on Rotom and can just switch.

Taunt/Toxic Gliscor + Babiri Tar is much better since its semi decent then as you actually beat Tars counters and they wont switch lol. I.e lure in Swampert and Waters.

Well really what else Rotom-H can do outside of burn support is set up a Reflect if it has it like I said earlier as well as provide some para support with Discharge, also takes Bullet Punch for Tar better than Gliscor iirc and has an immunity to fighting.

Also another combo I have...

Physical Mixape and New Mixmence

Physical Mixape with CC/ Grass Knot/ Stone Edge/ Overheat does a great job at beating Pert, Blissey, non-Scarf Jirachi, Steels, etc. which Mence really struggles against if you want to play conservatively with it and save Outrage for late game. Mence not only balances out the physical part of Infernape with its multiple Special attacks but also can smash bulky waters so Infernape can take them out, just like Ape can do the same for Mence. This duo works extremely well if you have something to take out ScarfRachi, which really can destroy this combo if it doesn't switch in on an EQ/ Fire Blast/ Overheat. ScarfTran does well with this combo because it can switch in on any of ScarfRachi's attacks with ease and force it out, and also can give Mence a switch in if something tries to attack it with EQ or EP. A more offensive special wall like Snorlax or Latias can also do well with this team because of its ability to absorb the majority of special attacks coming Ape's or Mence's way.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You posted that combo before in the other thread. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now.

Also you seem to be missing the concept. THEY HAVE TOTALLY DIFFERENT COUNTERS. Great, Ape forces the aforementioned Pokemon to switch out, awesome! Then what ? This isn't luring anything, nor is it opening up sweeps by wearing on similar counters. Both sets of counter can just keep coming back in and walling each individual Pokemon with ease.

That is not what this thread is about. This thread is about opening up sweeps via lures and things that wear on the same counter so another Pokemon can break through this hole when the counter is weakened (see the op for examples) or if defensively, defensive synergy i.e SkarmBliss.

That and it also loses to Starmie and Latias. i.e it isnt going to work anyway lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the spirit to keep this alive.

MOAR Combo's

Ill go a little outside the box with this one.

Dual Screens (Usually Azelf) + Pure Baton Pass Gliscor(Taunt/RP/SD/Baton Pass)+ Receiver Metagross (Zen/EQ/T-Punch/Meteor Mash @ Lum or Expert Belt)

This combo is one of the more broken one in Pokemon if you can pull it off. With Gliscor ev'd to to make all non stab Ice beams (252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Speed @Timid) a 3hko under light screen, passing boosts to Metagross is rather. The EVs allow Gliscor to hit 265 Speed, enough to outpace Adamant Gyarados before a Rock Polish and Timid Choice Scarf Gengar after. With +2 +2 Very little wants anything to do with Metagross especially behind the screens.

+2 Expert Belt T-Punch OHKO's Skarmory most of the time with SR up and Zen Headbutt decimated the Rotoms, with EQ and MM giving it amazing coverage vs everything else. With +4 Att absolutely nothing stops Metagross.

Calm Mind Baton Pass Celebi + Heatran.

This is fun when you can pull it off. Make sure Blissey/Skarm (phasing) is out of the way then go crazy nailing things with your boosted Heatran and laugh as Surfs do like 3 damage to you. CeleTran come also has great synergy.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • DD Taunt Gyara, LO Jolteon, and CB Scizor

The first two form GyaraJolt, which means that they have plenty of opportunites to switch in thanks to Volt Absorb/ Ground Immunity. Gyarados can easily deal with anything trying to set up hazards thanks to Taunt, whilst Jolteon smashes bulky waters (primarily Swampert) with Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Grass, and also takes care of Rotom-A with Shadow Ball. There are 3 things that decimate this combo, however: Tyranitar, Latias, and Flygon. Scizor can deal with the former two with U-Turn or Bullet Punch(provided no Babiri Berry, but then Jolteon can pick off weakend Tar in that case)/Pursuit, and if it catches Flygon on an Outrage it 2HKOes with Bullet Punch, while Flygon can only do anything if it Fire Blasts Scizor, which equals free DD setup for Gyara. Special Walls like Blissey and Lax can also be kind of annoying unless Gyara gets up a couple of DDs. Scizor can easily decimate both of the fatties with Superpower, giving more breathing room for Gyarados and Jolteon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    Shed Shell CBmimic Scizor + subtoxic heatran
    i just recently invented this set for scizor but its great bait for magenzone so heatran can take the hp-fire and set up sub while they switch into bulky water type or gliscor and toxic from behind the sub and if the idiot stays in i just fire blast. Scizor help cover bulky waters after toxic and eq. Not a garauntee win but its a work in progress

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years
  • How's this for a combo?

Taunt&SR gliscor+ Trick room&Macho brace bronzong + CB Brave T-TAR rampage

Gliscor,with 252 spd&att, taunts& SRs.U-turns to bronzong(levitate),who TRs,&starts Gyro ballin,&explodin.If any fire type turns up, T-TAR KOes.Gliscor also rounds up aftr TR ends,as a revenge killer.

To DARK AZELF, sorry for " BUMPING IN THREADS OVER A MONTH OLD ".
    Didn't realize at 1st that this was outdated.
    Still, how's the combo?

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • lol... great bump.

that combo is way too slow though. it requires a lot of set up and to be honest i really dont think trick room is good unless a poke who can use TR can sweep with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back