• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★The Water Park★ [Water-Type Fan Club]

Pokemon of the Week for the week of: July 2, 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
  • If you encounter Magikarp by fishing or Basculin by fishing and from whirlpools, what are going to do?

Well, I don't usually have the time nor the patience, to watch a Pokémon that I without a doubt don't want to catch, spend a few hours using up all its Splash PP, and finally struggle itself to death. So the easiest method out of this is usually just to run away. Which is what I usually do.

Cid

Years
  • In Black & White, have you taught your water-type starter the move Hydro Cannon? How do you like the move?

Not in B/W, no. I think I have taught my Blastoise back in FireRed but yeah. I liked the move in-game, though. It's very useful to get in a few immensely powerful hits into the more bulkier enemies that the league usually pits you up against. Competitively, not so much. I wouldn't want that recharge turn to be set-up bait or to cause an easy revenge kill.

If you encounter Magikarp by fishing or Basculin by fishing and from whirlpools, what are going to do?

I liked pre-release Basculin. And I use Gyarados quite often. But unless I want it on my team, then I'll most likely run away. Or if I can use a PP or two and the situation gives me a type advantageous move to use on the get-go then I'll knock it out. Yep. :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • If you encounter Magikarp by fishing or Basculin by fishing and from whirlpools, what are going to do?

Well, I don't usually have the time nor the patience, to watch a Pokémon that I without a doubt don't want to catch, spend a few hours using up all its Splash PP, and finally struggle itself to death. So the easiest method out of this is usually just to run away. Which is what I usually do.

That would totally take a bit longer...and it's a waste of time. But I'd love to try that sometime. It'd be torture for the magikarp. xD

I believe Splash has 40 PP? 20? I don't remember. In the meantime it'd be a perfect time to freshen up your Pokemon's stats. xD

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    In Black & White, have you taught your water-type starter the move Hydro Cannon? How do you like the move?
    No, because I can't find where they teach it to you. ;;
    I would for my Empoleon and Blastoise if I could find it! Man I'm pathetic.

If you encounter Magikarp by fishing or Basculin by fishing and from whirlpools, what are going to do?
    I catch it. I love Magikarp and Basculin. <333

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    In Black & White, have you taught your water-type starter the move Hydro Cannon? How do you like the move?
    Blastoise
    Just wanted to throw this in, Blastoise is the perfect Pokemon because of his dual cannons connected to his shell for Hydro Cannon. Just wish that was only his move and some other Water type moves would be taught to the other Water starter Pokemon. lol That's what I think.

What are some of your favorite activities you like to do with your water-type Pokemon?

Keeping tabs, we would swim all day, throw frisbee, swim some more, play a little game of tag or something, then eat on the picnic, then swim some more for deja vu. This would go from Breakfast to Lunch to Dinner probably. And probably sleep in the water :P Then we'd come back the next day doing the same thing. Honestly I wouldn't bore myself doing this. I LOVE SWIMMING & being in the water!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years

I seldom catch Magikarp. Only when I have terrible need for a water-type Pokemon and I have exhausted other possibilities and must resort to Gyarados. Basculin, however, I have not tried catching yet. I just run away from them as I really don't like them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • One more day to get your answers in if you haven't done so! @ the riddle :3

Also, new Pokemon of the Week poll will be up in juuuust a sec. You have 3 choices: Azumarill, Gorebyss, and Empoleon!

No, because I can't find where they teach it to you. ;;
    I would for my Empoleon and Blastoise if I could find it! Man I'm pathetic.

I catch it. I love Magikarp and Basculin. <333

I never met anyone that likes both Pokemon. I respect that. :D

They should probably make Hydro Cannon a signature move for Blastoise. Yes?

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Also, new Pokemon of the Week poll will be up in juuuust a sec. You have 3 choices: Azumarill, Gorebyss, and Empoleon!

They should probably make Hydro Cannon a signature move for Blastoise. Yes?
    It would make sure for Blastoise to actually have that signature move of his own. The other 4 starters would, what, spit water out of their mouth for Hydro Cannon? It should be Hydro Spit instead for the other 4 LOL

I gotta go with Gorebyss for this one!

Cid

Years
  • With that logic, Water Gun would be Water Spit. :))
    But seriously, Hydro Cannon would be an awesome signature move for Blastoise.

Azumarill obviously. One of my favourite Pokémon from Gold, plus Huge Power makes it even more awesome. :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • brb renaming that move Hydro Spit. :P

OKAY. Answer for this current riddle is Remoraid! Remoraid evolves....into an octopus Pokemon, Octillery. When I was young, I thought Remoraid evolved into a Mantine. Has anyone thought of that too? This is going to be our next topic for discussion!

Empoleon and Azumarill are tied! Poll ends Sunday if anyone hasn't voted yet. :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Empoleon wins, woo!

And thanks Megan! :'D
    There just hasn't been a water-type I disli-- NVM GOLDUCK. But other than that, the others I like a lot. c:

@ Sector Revenge:
    Actually, Empoleon creates a ball of hyper concentrated water in FRONT of its mouth, making it a cannonball shaped orb, and then fires it at the opponent with massive speed and force. It was shown in the anime from Barry's Empoleon. c:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Gonna catch a few things. New riddle is up and posted. :3

And just a reminder we do have a topic up and running, actually! (The one about Remoraid's evolution (THERE YOU GO OLLI LOL)).

Current Discussion Topic:
    Has anyone thought of Remoraid evolving into a Mantine? What is your opinion towards Remoraid's actual evolution (to Octillery)?

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Has anyone thought of Remoraid evolving into a Mantine? What is your opinion towards Remoraid's actual evolution (to Octillery)?

No, never thought of that. I knew there was a link between both Pokémon, but the fact that Remoraid could evolve into Mantine seemed totally unlikely to me.
    And, I pretty like the Pokémon Octillery. The only Octopus of Pokémon history. It's not especially strong, nor especially good looking or anything, but there's something I like in this Pokémon. I'm satisfied that Remoraid evolves into it instead of Mantine. It's better this way.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Haven't been here in a while...

Has anyone thought of Remoraid evolving into a Mantine? What is your opinion towards Remoraid's actual evolution (to Octillery)?
    I always thought it was a wacky, but awesome evolution. It means the evolutionary family has more variety. As for evolving into Mantine, I've never thought of that, I guess it would be just as weird as Octillery.

Squirtle Is Life

Casual Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2012
    Hi everyone! I'm new and I found this thanks to Vaporeon7 :D

Name: Squirtle Is Life
    Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): Squirtle and Mudkip
    Why do you like Water-Types? Well, lots of reasons I'm a fan of the element water in general. When, I was little and my big brother got me playing the pokemon games my first choice was squirtle since then I have favored all the water, I'm a fan of swimming so I feel I relate to water types! And, I almost always choose the water type starters in almost every game unless i'm starting a new game and have already beat it I will get someone else! And, I could go on for a long time of why I like water types!
    I'm glad to be here :D

Years
  • Name: Flameheart7

Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): Dash(Empoleon) and Clyde(Floatzel).

Why do you like Water-Types? Water is such a clean and refreshing element, and Water-Types usually have great designs and are elegant.

Topic Answer: I enjoy the flexibility of Remoraid's evolution line. If you want a certain stat-set, then you can choose to either have Octillery or even a Mantine. I always thought it was weird for a fish to evolve into an octopus though.

Admission Fee Paid: One PokeDollar! (:

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Welcome Squirtle and Flamey! ^____^

Ahh, I need to revive this water park! It's so dirty and green. IT NEEDS LIFE. BRB CPRING.

CLEAR! *zzz*

Just a reminder that there's a riddle y'all want to answer. If you know the answer to it, you can PM me. I'll give everyone till Tuesday to do so!

In the meantime, Imma go ahead and start a brand new topic here: Thoughts on Keldeo, the newly confirmed 5th generation water-type legendary?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Thoughts on Keldeo, the newly confirmed 5th generation water-type legendary?

Well, it may only just have been confirmed, though people have known of its existence for a very long time. Though as for my opinion on it, I don't really know what to say. I pretty much like its design, being all colorful, and fitting well into the theme of a water unicorn. I also like how its based on yet another mythical creature, as Dragons are the only ones atop of my mind that we've seen made into Pokémon. Otherwise, not much to say. I don't know anything about its moveset, how it battles, etc, other than it has a signature move.

Years
  • Thoughts on Keldeo, the newly confirmed 5th generation water-type legendary?

After doing some research, I've found that I really like Keldeo. Its Resolution Forme looks very cool, due to the fact that the new forme gives Keldeo a more "heroic" look. Keldeo has a pretty standard/basic moveset for Water-Types. However, because Keldeo is also a Fighting-Type, it can learn some pretty cool moves, such as Close Combat and, of course, Sacred Sword.

Overall, I think Keldeo will be a great addition to the Water-Type family, and an even better addition to the ever-growing group of Legendary Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back