• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★The Water Park★ [Water-Type Fan Club]

Pokemon of the Week for the week of: July 2, 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    What is your opinion towards Remoraid's actual evolution (to Octillery)?
    I don't even... No. Just no. I have no idea how this happens! Why does a little trout thing become an octopus?? I mean, what! My brain hurts :(

Thoughts on Keldeo, the newly confirmed 5th generation water-type legendary?
    Hmm... That's a good question o.o I've never really thought about Keldeo since I don't like the idea of event legendaries, but putting that aside I can't see any problem with it. It's kinda cute based on the images I've seen and it's looking like it'll be one of those strong, powerful but naughty Pokemon like Mew. And as far as I know there's an event coming out for Keldeo accompanying the release of BW2 that lets you obtain a level 5 Keldeo that you can use in replacement as your starter? If so then I'll certainly consider doing this because I bet a Water/Fighting type would be very interesting to use!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • To this day I still don't understand how a silly fish like this

would evolve into this.

To me it's like a derp version of Magikarp > Gyarados...or Feebas > Milotic. xD

On the subject of Keldeo...I am excited to see another water/fighting type. There aren't that many water-types with that combination, especially legendaries iirc. I can't wait for the Keldeo event if that happens! Would it be nice to have a legendary as a starter? :P

Tomorrow I'll be posting about a cool activity we're gonna be doing, since I'm in the mood for summer!~ It's gonna involve ART! :3 Stay tooned!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    On the subject of Keldeo...I am excited to see another water/fighting type. There aren't that many water-types with that combination, especially legendaries iirc. I can't wait for the Keldeo event if that happens! Would it be nice to have a legendary as a starter? :P
    Sorry I'm probably being a bit derpy but there's another? I don't remember this ;;

Edit: SFJGHJLG OHHHH POLIWRATH NVM xD But yeah Poliwrath is the opposite of awesome imo. And yet I still end up using one all the time in HGSS :o I never saw a reason to evolve Poliwhirl into Politoad though? (Other than Drizzle in online battles) Poliwrath has much better stats and better moves, plus somehow manages to look better than that weird green toad thing. So I don't understand why people evolve it into Toady? Someone please answer this for me :D Also its method of evolution confuses me even more but let's not go into that :p

Isn't kinda weird that King's Rock only effects Water types?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Have I answered the riddle yet? It's Wooper! Wooper, along with its evolution, Quagsire, are the first water/ground type Pokemon that were introduced first in Pokemon. It was also the first water-type Pokemon in Silver that I caught. ;)

Okay, sorry for the wait, buuut we finally have our event! :)

The Water Park Art Event

Time to get to creativity, yes? :D Draw a picture that reminds you of summer, and be sure to include water-type Pokemon in them! It can be a sunset on the beach, the swimming pool, an island in the middle of nowhere, anything that your imagination can take you. This is in celebration of the first week of summer.

If you live in the southern hemisphere, where its winter, you can still particpate in this too! Just pretend it's Summer. ;)

You can use Photoshop, Paint, or any art program you use to draw/make your art! And yes, you can use Pokemon sprites to decorate your picture! Be creative, and perfectioness won't be a problem! Do the best you can. :) Share your art here!

Have fun, guys!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Ahh yay, competition! I can't wait to draw my entry; I'll get right on it tomorrow :D I'm not sure what to draw though... What ideas have everyone else had? I'm planning on including my top 5 favourite Water types in a classic beach party/pool party kinda setting, but other than that I'm pretty stumped! What about you guys?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    UGH
    I'm a bad club member. ;;
    Sorry for my inactivity lately. I still love Water-types, I just need someone to use Spark on my butt to post in here!

That little guy's new form is decently cool. The attack he must learn in order to get it is nice, his Special Attack is beast, his Speed is awesome, and I love his movepool, except for the lack of Ice Beam, but, we all can't be perfect. I'm actually thinking of making a water-type only team for my play though on White 2, and he'll probably make an appearance in my team.

I won't personally be taking place in the contest, but I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! ^u^

Cid

Years
  • So much like Jellicent♀. I haven't posted here for weeks! D:
    And I'd love to join the Art Event, if only I had the skill and time. Maybe I will, but I don't know for sure.

Initially I didn't really react in any significant way when I first saw it. It looked like a cross between Manaphy and Sky Forme Shaymin, and although being a Water-type and a Fighting-type was a plus, we already had Suicune. Soon I found out it was also its own character from The Three Musketeers so that caused me to like it a lot more. Being based from d'Artagnan sounded cool, but it still didn't look very interesting, until B2W2 decided to give it a new form.

Apparently Resolution Forme Keldeo doesn't get boosted stats, so that's disappointing. Aesthetically though, I like it. So yeah, even though I like Suicune a lot more that it, I find Keldeo neat enough on its own.

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
    Years
  • Thoughts on Keldeo, the newly confirmed 5th generation water-type legendary?
    Never thought of Keldeo confirmed as a water-type legendary musketeer, it's good to have a dual-type water legendary. At first I thought Keldeo is going to be an Ice-Fighting type, guess I was wrong. The stats of Keldeo... well, it's good some are the same from the 3 other Legendary Musketeers and its Sp. Atk is great and Keldeo's Usual Forme was a bit disappointing at first well he's the youngest of the Legendary Musketeers, but the Resolution Forme made him look like he's prepared for battle.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Thoughts on Keldeo, the newly confirmed 5th generation water-type legendary?

I don't really like it. A water-type horse sounds a little strange to me. And, I'm very disappointed with its new form (there are too many new forms in these games!), it's a little ridiculous I think... When I first saw it I thought it was cute, I didn't really mind about it, but now, its new form takes its cuteness off in some ways :/ Actually, we could have done without it.
    Then, as I said above, its water type doesn't really suit it :pink_tongue: But I won't complain about that, at least it's original, a water-musketeer-horse.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Y'know, the more I bash and hate on Keldeo, the more fond of it I become. xD

I'm actually diggin' its Resolution Form, to be honest. It looks a lot more mature, the move Secret Sword is pretty cool on its own, and Keldeo isn't half bad stat and type wise. Water/Fighting-type, learns Hydro Pump and Focus Blast, Secret Sword, Work Up, Hyper Beam, Calm Mind; it's a pretty cool duck. (GET IT? Duck, water, water-type?)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Updating, updating, updating! :3 Hi guys!

New Pokemon Of The Week poll is up! You have three choices to choose from, and this week we're going to include legendaries. :D Kyogre, Suicune, and Manaphy!

Also, to give you something else to do while some of you do the art event (will post mine sometime soon, *just* started working on it. xD) New riddle is up on the first post! Be sure to PM me the answer! :)

Gonna go ahead and start a new topic. I don't think we discussed items here, have we?
    Do you use any water-type boost items? (Mystic water, water gem, Sea incense, etc.)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Do you use any water-type boost items? (Mystic water, water gem, Sea incense, etc.)
    When i remember I have them, yes. :'D
    I love me some Mystic Water, though. LOVE that you get a free Castform holding a Mystica Water in Emerald, and I love that any wild ones come with it, also, so that's pretty boss. B]

As for the PoW: KYOGRE. Legit. The king of all Water-type Pokemon. One of the highest base Special Attacks of all Water-type Pokemon, has the ability DRIZZLE, which we all know is amazing for Water-type attacks and Pokemon, plus, HE'S A CUTE BLUE ORCA. <3

@ the riddle: >u>

Years
  • Do you use any water-type boost items? (Mystic water, water gem, Sea incense, etc.)

I always equip a Mystic Water to my Water-types so I can hit harder with Surf. My Golduck in SoulSilver and my Samurott in Black hold it.

I voted for Manaphy for POTW cos it's soooooooo cute. It has the distinction of being the only Pokemon aside from Volbeat and Smeargle that learns Tail Glow and it has a signature move.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Do you use any water-type boost items? (Mystic water, water gem, Sea incense, etc.)

Nope, and to be honest, I don't recall ever using any boost items. The only items I ever used where stuff like potions, ether, and stats boosting items outside of battle, so I never really used anything that would make my Pokémon any stronger in-battle. Seems like there were so many aspects of the games that I missed out on.

Suicune as PotW, no doubt about that. Always loved Suicune's design, and I still remember my first encounter with it. So magical ;')

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Aww I want Suicune to be the Pokémon of the week :pink_love:

Yes I do sometimes, but not in wifi battles and so on. It's just that, before the league for example, I always give items to my Pokémon to increase their power, even if it's just a little bit. So, as I always have a water type with me, I mainly give it water-type boost item, principally the mystic water but if I haven't it I don't mind if I give it a water gem or else.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    Hello

I'd like to join please.

Name: Drgons90
    Two Pokemons: Swampert(ily) and Pelipper
    Why do you like water-types?: Aside from liking psychic types, i like water types because they aren't just common and easy to find, water moves are cool(surf)
    Topic Answer: Not much. I don't know where to get a Mystic water in DPPt, or BW. Only in RSE where you can get a free castform with mystic water.
    Admission fee paid: One pokedollar(and pokemarts sell potion that is almost useless for 300...)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Welcome Drgons90! Great to see a new member join our water park! I'll add you on the list when I get the chance later. :3 Just let me know if I forget haha.

Mystic Water is the main boost item I use for my water-types. I gotta have it all the time! Without it, my water-types are kinda ...poor in battles.

I've used Sea Incense twice, and only twice. It does the same as Mystic Water but the problem is that you have to buy it. /is cheap.

The Pinkie Pie

Party Rocker Pony/Trainer
    Years
  • Name: The Pinkie Pie (Call me Pinkie. :3)
    Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): Blastoise and Slowbro
    Why do you like Water-Types? Because a certain Water-type Pokemon was my first Pokemon ever (that being a Squirtle)! Plus I love the variety Water-type Pokemon have.
    Do you use any water-type boost items? (Mystic water, water gem, Sea incense, etc.) I do use the Water Gem and the Mystic Water in game. Other than that, not really. :/
    Admission Fee Paid: One PokeDollar

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • HEY THERE PINKIE PIE! Welcome to the Water Park. :3

A lot of us have been using Mystic Water during the games. Maybe it's because it's free in game? Cheaper that way? It's nice that it's one of those items given in game for free.

Anyways update on the poll! Suicune and Manaphy are tied!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Welcome PinkiePie! c: Hope you love it here as much as I do! Meganium90 does an awesome job, so I know you'll love her.

As far as the mystic Water thing goes: I love that they're free for the most part, but I always thought Sea Incense was free, too? I always got mine for free as an item on the ground in every game I got it. o3o

AND NO. SOMEONE VOTE FOR KYOGRE MORE, NOW. ;;
    C'mon, he's the king of the sea! DRIZZLE. OMG.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back