• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • I love tweaking my registry, organizing different things and changing values where necessary. It's too easy. :P

Don't you hate it when the substitute study hall teacher wants to ride your ass at the end of the day in sixth hour about what you're doing on the computer because a bunch of jackasses from the hour before brought up NSFW content on YouTube? She didn't have a word to say in me in second hour. :<

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've done a variety of tweaks to my computer before (most of them being theme-related), but have never gotten into any sort of a big trouble. I did face some minor ones, but those were easily fixed with system restore. :]

Years
  • I usually make changes to my registry if I know what I'm doing. One change I made that I really like is that I show the Windows version on my desktop. I dunno why, but I just like that setting lol

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • I use the Registry Editor mostly for organizing my file extensions for the shell, ever since they got rid of the file type editor that was in 5.1 and earlier. Looking back I'm glad they did, since the way that thing in Folder Options worked made the keys and their values really disorganized… x_x

Plus it's a lot better since I can use IcoFX for browsing indexes in binary files, and I get to control exactly how I want the registry keys too look, which albeit isn't terribly meaningful (as long as you don't set the name of a shell action key with uppercase letters (e.g. Open instead of open), it's still important for me and my sanity. :p

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Hey guys may i ask a quick question?
    We have a picture.
    We save it as .bmp it takes 1MBYTE
    We save it as .jpeg it takes 80KBYTE
    Which is smaller according to size and which should we use in an application so the application can be run faster?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    We have a picture.
    Which is smaller according to size and which should we use in an application so the application can be run faster?
    .jpeg is smaller, it condenses more, thus leading to less quality if its not mostly one color.

I wish I was smart as you guys lol, I don't even understand half the talk you put out.
    I may have downloaded something bad and now I'm locked out by a administrative password. I have a password disc so I could try messing with that, bleh..

Years
    We have a picture.
    I'd recommend saving as png if you can. It's not as lossless in quality as JPG is, but it's a larger filesize. BMP is essentially lossless, but bitmap (BMP) doesn't preserve transparency.

Years
  • Its not about me its for a test.
    Well no need to go on the offensive side there :3 you asked a question, and it got answered.

To be honest, I always try to save in PNG format if I can to preserve quality. If the image is too large, that's when I go to JPG, but then I go to Photoshop, which allows for you to customize the compression of a JPG.

Years
  • I guess i did sound a bit rude.Sorry about that.
    So is the correct answer the .jpeg for both questions?
    If you don't mind the compression and how lower in quality the image looks, then sure you can try jpg. However, if you want higher quality but lower size, then try png.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Tomorrow can't come sooner, as I'll be collecting my freshly-reimaged laptop tomorrow morning first thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Sometimes I wish I had gotten batteries for my previous two laptops, that way I could still use those effectively. Both of them have had batteries go bad.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • I'm really hoping on getting this summer job at Wendy's and working the dinner shift Friday and Saturday nights during school, as to pay for my computer that I'm wanting. It's going to be so nice. :D

Years
  • Meh, I've been feeling lazy about turning on my laptop as of late. I guess I should turn it on though, especially if I want to apply this month's Patch Tuesday updates. :P

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Meh, I've been feeling lazy about turning on my laptop as of late. I guess I should turn it on though, especially if I want to apply this month's Patch Tuesday updates. :P

Enjoy your new Windows Store experience.

I like how Microsoft tries to improve Windows 8.x every time they could. 8.1 is certainly very usable on a desktop.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Enjoy your new Windows Store experience.

I like how Microsoft tries to improve Windows 8.x every time they could. 8.1 is certainly very usable on a desktop.

When you change in guard from a businessman who studied nothing about IT to another company man who did, things do tend to get better as the CEO functions in the mind of a tech user and not a business school dropout and Arts bachelor's holder.

tl;dr Nadella >>> Ballmer tbqh

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I still haven't even stepped foot into the Windows Store yet, believe it or not.

There's a good chance that there will be some apps made free by deals with the app vendor and your computer manufacturer. Try checking it out and see if there's something similar to "Company Name Picks".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back