• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: Advanced Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensual

This should be good.
Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    great work on the map of littleroot, I always found Littleroot Town to be ridiculously tiny considering Birch's lab. Same with ANY of the towns with a lab. But Littleroot was absurdly miniscule.

Yeah, my goal is too make the in-game locations as similar to their anime counterparts as possible. Littleroot town in the anime is surprising large compared to the games lol. You would think it was a city honestly.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Yeah, my goal is too make the in-game locations as similar to their anime counterparts as possible. Littleroot town in the anime is surprising large compared to the games lol. You would think it was a city honestly.

Well the anime tries to reflect the games in a realistic light, Littleroot Town looks a fair bit like my hometown in fact and it's hardly a city either.

Though the fact Littleroot Town has a harbor does bring that into question a bit. Then again there's a lot of small towns along the Gulf of Mexico with harbors in addition to major cities.

But yeah Metapod did exactly that with Ash Gray and it worked very well and it makes me eager to try this out.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    this map looks awesome, the tiles as well! they made me interested in this project. i wish you all of the luck!

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Progress! I've barely made any actually :( Beginning work on this again, but I won't make any release promises this time. I kinda work on this off and on as it turns out, hahaha. Here's the in-progress map on Littleroot Town (Still working on harbor, buildings, scenic stuff, etc). Route 1 and Oldale Town are up for preview next!

On another note, I've started on another project, so development on this one will probably be a little slower this year.

Pokemon: Advanced Generation

Well the anime tries to reflect the games in a realistic light, Littleroot Town looks a fair bit like my hometown in fact and it's hardly a city either.

Though the fact Littleroot Town has a harbor does bring that into question a bit. Then again there's a lot of small towns along the Gulf of Mexico with harbors in addition to major cities.

But yeah Metapod did exactly that with Ash Gray and it worked very well and it makes me eager to try this out.
    Yeaah, I think it all depends on where you live. In Australia, a city is considered a city when it has a population of more than ~30,000 people. In the US, I think its all based on the political side of things. It's kind of odd if you ask me lol.

this map looks awesome, the tiles as well! they made me interested in this project. i wish you all of the luck!
    Thanks, man! GL with your project as well!

My body is so ready for this
    hahaha, good to know!

Last edited:

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Alright, update time! I like to think I improved while on hiatus, so I decided to start from scratch; tiles, mapping, sprites, scripts... everything. The focus this time around was to create spaces that both resembled their anime counterpart and felt like locations out of a canon Pokemon game. Here's some screens:

I apologize for the lack of updates, but I'm on Summer break now, so I've had (and will hopefully continue to have) time to work on this project. I'm gunning for a demo covering the first three episodes of the anime some time soonish.

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • Alright, update time! I like to think I improved while on hiatus, so I decided to start from scratch; tiles, mapping, sprites, scripts... everything. The focus this time around was to create spaces that both resembled their anime counterpart and felt like locations out of a canon Pokemon game. Here's some screens:

I apologize for the lack of updates, but I'm on Summer break now, so I've had (and will hopefully continue to have) time to work on this project. I'm gunning for a demo covering the first three episodes of the anime some time soonish.

WAIT, YOU'RE ALIVE?????!!!!?!?!?! lol But cool. :) :) :)

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    WAIT, YOU'RE ALIVE?????!!!!?!?!?! lol But cool. :) :) :)

Yep lol! I took a little break because school was kicking my arse.

Also, I've been getting messages about the Ash sprite. It's only temp until I can find the time to import some HGSS style sprites into the game :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I like what I see. And good move on the maps. Ash Gray has a few issues with regards to its mapping where some of the events which if memeory serves were in different cities, smashed them together into the same city. Celedon City was the worst offender I think, last I checked the first ever episode starring Hypno and Drowzee wasn't in Celadon at all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Yo! Just about everything up until Petalburg City is mapped, so I'm focusing a little on events now!

Passing by the Ruins of Oldale.

Segment of Route 102.

Cool Keep it up Bro Can't wait for the release BTW its a Awesome Hack

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back