• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: Advanced Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I hope emerald is the rom base, due to the EV berries. It's just counter-intuitive to use any other rom base anymore for 3rd gen hacks IMO. It also brings the benefit of the battle frontier saga too.

And I sure hope there's a phys/special split enabled because half of the Hoenn pokemon are virtually useless otherwise.

Years
  • I hope emerald is the rom base, due to the EV berries. It's just counter-intuitive to use any other rom base anymore for 3rd gen hacks IMO. It also brings the benefit of the battle frontier saga too.

And I sure hope there's a phys/special split enabled because half of the Hoenn pokemon are virtually useless otherwise.

He said he ported it to Emerald, already, so, don't fret ;)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    GRRR! I had a big suggestion to the game and the computer decided to bug out on me and thought I hit the back button n my browser!!!! Now I have to type my long-ass idea all over again AND I WAS ABOUT TO HIT THE POST BUTTON!!!!!!!!!

OK...Starting from the top....Considering Hoenn technically ended with the battle frontier saga might it be possible to implement a rip through Kanto for Scott's Battle Frontier challenge like how Ash did for the anime? Considering May's last apperance as a main character was in the episode Combusken evolved into Blaziken after the Kanto Grand Festival it's worth noting. Besides a number of story events were quite important in Kanto as Ash's Phanpy evolved into a Donphan who went on to be a big help against Lucy's serpent pokemon, Grovyle evolved into Sceptile but was left powerless to stop Team Rocket due to heartbreak, which was only resolved after meeting with Spencer, which lead to him learning Solar Beam. And the pyramid king Brandon, his arc was important character development for Ash as his possession by the king of pokelantis was a harsh lesson regarding Ash's desire to meet HO-OH.

also I was thinking that for some of Ash's pokemon might it be possible to delay certain evolutions due to the importance of a particular episode? Because like in the case with Sceptile evolving from Grovyle he did so out of pure anger, but his heartbreak left him powerless to do anything and May's Torchic didn't evolve into Combusken until a little ways before they arrived in Fortree City for Ash's 6th badge.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Wow. Very interesting indeed. You were not the first to think of a Pokemon Advanced Gen hack, but you are the first to make it come true.

Actually i'm very interested in seeing how you operate Ash getting Gym Badges and May getting Ribbons. How are you going to handle that? Since most of the text and starting locations is going to be completely different to Ash's, are you planning to make a separate game for May? This all in one seems somewhat impossible. Well, only time will tell. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Years
  • Wow. Very interesting indeed. You were not the first to think of a Pokemon Advanced Gen hack, but you are the first to make it come true.

Actually i'm very interested in seeing how you operate Ash getting Gym Badges and May getting Ribbons. How are you going to handle that? Since most of the text and starting locations is going to be completely different to Ash's, are you planning to make a separate game for May? This all in one seems somewhat impossible. Well, only time will tell. Good luck on your future endeavors.

This seems like a good idea!
    Make another ROM Hack for May...

But I think it will consume time...

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Okay, quick update. I was a little swamped with school, so I hardly made any progress in October and November. My last exam is tomorrow, though, so I'm going to get back into the swing of things and hopefully have something out this month :)

I can't believe I haven't seen this before. I was gonna do a remake of the Hoenn anime arc myself, so I watched through the whole season xD. I have a pile of plans for the game that never came to use, but I could certainly help you with ideas for events, since I already had every single episode of the game covered (waaaay too much time in my hands)
    As fro the Screenshot you just posted. Oh God. When I was thinking of making my own, this is exactly how I imagined it being. It looks beautiful.
    That's it, if you need anything just pm/vm me ;)
    hahaha, its been a while since I watched it myself, so everything seems so new to me. Oh, and thanks for the offer! I'll definitely run some ideas by you soon.

Yay!! Finally!! Been waiting for this hack to came out...haha~ anyway, good luck on your hack dude!!
    Thanks, man!

I just noticed you're using PKSV
    Pls don't, no one uses it anymore, so if you come across a problem no one will be able to help you
    Yeah, I'm using XSE now. I like PKSVUI, but XSE is a little more convenient as it turns out.

This should be awesome. :D
    I hope so! Thanks!

GRRR! I had a big suggestion to the game and the computer decided to bug out on me and thought I hit the back button n my browser!!!! Now I have to type my long-ass idea all over again AND I WAS ABOUT TO HIT THE POST BUTTON!!!!!!!!!

OK...Starting from the top....Considering Hoenn technically ended with the battle frontier saga might it be possible to implement a rip through Kanto for Scott's Battle Frontier challenge like how Ash did for the anime? Considering May's last apperance as a main character was in the episode Combusken evolved into Blaziken after the Kanto Grand Festival it's worth noting. Besides a number of story events were quite important in Kanto as Ash's Phanpy evolved into a Donphan who went on to be a big help against Lucy's serpent pokemon, Grovyle evolved into Sceptile but was left powerless to stop Team Rocket due to heartbreak, which was only resolved after meeting with Spencer, which lead to him learning Solar Beam. And the pyramid king Brandon, his arc was important character development for Ash as his possession by the king of pokelantis was a harsh lesson regarding Ash's desire to meet HO-OH.

also I was thinking that for some of Ash's pokemon might it be possible to delay certain evolutions due to the importance of a particular episode? Because like in the case with Sceptile evolving from Grovyle he did so out of pure anger, but his heartbreak left him powerless to do anything and May's Torchic didn't evolve into Combusken until a little ways before they arrived in Fortree City for Ash's 6th badge.
    I was thinking about this not too long ago. Im a little worried about how much I can actually throw into a single rom considering the limitations (unless I'm missing something). I was considering just splitting everything right before Kanto into a seperate rom, assuming there's a way to port Pokemon from one rom to another. I definitely want to include that segment, though, yeah.

Regarding the evolution thing, that would be a little difficult I imagine. I'm sure I'd have to resort to ASM there, but Im a little rusty when it comes to that. this hack was meant to be a learning experience, but maybe I should make an effort to learn a little ASM after all.

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING
    IS THIS REAL LIFE <3
    It's totally happening :)

Wow. Very interesting indeed. You were not the first to think of a Pokemon Advanced Gen hack, but you are the first to make it come true.

When I hopped into this, I was thinking I could just use the checkgender command when it came to seperating events between the two characters, but now I'm thinking I'll just resort to making two separate roms.

Thanks!

Looks real nice but those Ruby, Emerald Tiles : Ughh i dont like them i reconmend a custom tileset

hahaha, I'm workin' on it! Thanks.

This seems like a good idea!
    Make another ROM Hack for May...

But I think it will consume time...
    I may just end up doing that actually. For now, I'm just going to focus on Ash, though.

Years
  • Are You Gonna Include This too : Pokemon: Advanced Challenge (Season 7)
    Pokemon: Advanced Battle (Season 8)
    Pokemon: Battle Frontier (Season 9)

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    I like the new update! If you want, I can work out some banners for your hack!
    Feel free to make any banners, man :) I'd appreciate it.

Oh, I forgot about this. Good luck, this has potential!
    Thanks!

Are You Gonna Include This too : Pokemon: Advanced Challenge (Season 7)
    Pokemon: Advanced Battle (Season 8)
    Pokemon: Battle Frontier (Season 9)
    Yep, all three seasons will be included!

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Update time! I'm debating whether to go for a full Alpha (will probably cover up until the first gym) or just post the demo some time this month. I'm kind of leaning toward the former so that there's more than just a couple minutes of gameplay.

Progress! I'm just about finished with mapping Petalburg City and route 104. Scripting is finished for the first two episodes! I'm starting to work on Ash's backsprite and the titlescreen. I'm thinkin' all of that will be done before the end of December.

Here's a screenshot of Outer Littleroot where Prof. Birch's lab is located in the anime.

F97ZCcx.png

wow! amazing :) its hoenn region adventure hah XD im waiting this to release .. keep it up :)
    Thanks so much! :)

Years
  • Update time! I'm debating whether to go for a full Alpha (will probably cover up until the first gym) or just post the demo some time this month. I'm kind of leaning toward the former so that there's more than just a couple minutes of gameplay.

Progress! I'm just about finished with mapping Petalburg City and route 104. Scripting is finished for the first two episodes! I'm starting to work on Ash's backsprite and the titlescreen. I'm thinkin' all of that will be done before the end of December.

Here's a screenshot of Outer Littleroot where Prof. Birch's lab is located in the anime.

F97ZCcx.png

I say go straight for the Alpha and pic looks awesome

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
    Years
  • Update time! I'm debating whether to go for a full Alpha (will probably cover up until the first gym) or just post the demo some time this month. I'm kind of leaning toward the former so that there's more than just a couple minutes of gameplay.

F97ZCcx.png

no prblem :) it is cool and amazing more adventurous ^_^ ..goodluck

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    great work on the map of littleroot, I always found Littleroot Town to be ridiculously tiny considering Birch's lab. Same with ANY of the towns with a lab. But Littleroot was absurdly miniscule.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back