• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Hi guys.

If I was to extend my rom to 32 would I have more offsets? How much more would I have? And also what tool do I use to extend the rom?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
ok, i'm just wondering if there were any way possible to like click on a closet in your bedroom, then change from the fr guy to the rs guy, or magma guy or something. I'm working with fire red and im new at hacking, please help

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hi guys.

If I was to extend my rom to 32 would I have more offsets? How much more would I have? And also what tool do I use to extend the rom?

Well, extending the ROM would give you so much extra space, you wont fill it for years.

And doing so is EASY, simply load it up, into XSE!
It's safe, AND easy, just click "Tools" and then "Extend ROM" Or something like that. At that point, you open up TONS of new space!

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Yeah thanks but I figured that out, there is one problem though. I tried inserting a hero sprite I edited the Red intro hero sprite and reinserted it but it didn't show it only showed the original. Is this because I expanded my rom?

Also how do I add more space for trainer data. The trainer program I have goes up to a certain amount. But I'm adding another region so Im going to need alot more trainers. Is there a way to insert more data for trainers?

Maco

learning the ropes...
Years
How would I change the starting position/map of the character immediately after the introduction/name-setting?
Again I've searched around for guides, searched in this thread and had a look around AdvanceMap but come up empty.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
How would I change the starting position/map of the character immediately after the introduction/name-setting?
Again I've searched around for guides, searched in this thread and had a look around AdvanceMap but come up empty.
There's a tool for that, called SMCA (previously SMEA) in HackMew's toolbox.
It's not fully functional though, as you can't change the Y position.

DonGGaMilo

Red Special Creator
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 9, 2017
how can i set up the flags,

example ) if 1 flag is set up, and 2 flags is started!

how can i do..? ( Poke Script )

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Ok, I have a quick question or two I need for my Pokemon Emerald Hack (mostly tool relateed).

1) I'm using Poke Edit Pro and I noticed that Zubat's Base XP is higher than alot of other pokemon. I've also noticed that Wild Zubat are worth an incredible amount of EXP when you defeat them compared to nearly all others. Does the Base XP on Poke Edit Pro affect EXP gains from defeating that pokemon? And if so, if I change the Base XP of a pokemon, will anything else be affected?

2) Where can I find the ini values for Pokemon Emerald for the Advance-Text tool?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
1) I'm using Poke Edit Pro and I noticed that Zubat's Base XP is higher than alot of other pokemon. I've also noticed that Wild Zubat are worth an incredible amount of EXP when you defeat them compared to nearly all others. Does the Base XP on Poke Edit Pro affect EXP gains from defeating that pokemon? And if so, if I change the Base XP of a pokemon, will anything else be affected?
Don't use PEP. It's buggy. Use YAPE. ;)
2) Where can I find the ini values for Pokemon Emerald for the Advance-Text tool?
There were about 3 threads created in the ROM Hacking section over the past few years about that. Use the search tool. http://www.pokecommunity.com/search.php

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Can somebody give me a link to the PokeCry program that comes with EliteMap? My computer won't let me download EliteMap because it thinks it's a virus.

Also, if that's not possible, can somebody just tell me the offset at where Seedot, Nuzleaf, and Shiftry's cries are located? Cuz I somehow screwed them up.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Don't use PEP. It's buggy. Use YAPE. ;)

There were about 3 threads created in the ROM Hacking section over the past few years about that. Use the search tool. http://www.pokecommunity.com/search.php

Well, Thanks for the new tool suggestion. I got YAPE now thanks to you and it's pretty cool. But it still doesn't help me with the problem I asked for. I don't understand how this Base EXP thing works. Thanks to the way YAPE is set-up I've almost eliminated my fear that Editing the Base EXP will affect how much EXP that pokemon will need in order to level up, but I'm still in the dark on a few small details.

Does editing Base EXP have anything to do with the amount of EXP the pokemon has or needs? (For Example it says Golbat has base EXP of 90, how exactly does that translate to EXP needed/gained?). You gave me a great new tool but didn't actually honer my question with an answer '_'

And the search thing, ok that's my fault for not checking that first. I'm just used to being on forums where the search function is either broken or simply sucks >.<

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Well, Thanks for the new tool suggestion. I got YAPE now thanks to you and it's pretty cool. But it still doesn't help me with the problem I asked for. I don't understand how this Base EXP thing works. Thanks to the way YAPE is set-up I've almost eliminated my fear that Editing the Base EXP will affect how much EXP that pokemon will need in order to level up, but I'm still in the dark on a few small details.

Does editing Base EXP have anything to do with the amount of EXP the pokemon has or needs? (For Example it says Golbat has base EXP of 90, how exactly does that translate to EXP needed/gained?). You gave me a great new tool but didn't actually honer my question with an answer '_'

And the search thing, ok that's my fault for not checking that first. I'm just used to being on forums where the search function is either broken or simply sucks >.<
The 'EXP data' field has two values.
Growth rate determines how much exp your pokemon needs to level up. There are only 6 fields (and I think that not all 6 of them work), but that'll do.
Base EXP determines how much exp a pokemon gives out. Max value here is 255. It has a formula that makes it increase per level, and it must involve multiplying the data, so that the more the base EXP, the bigger the increment per level.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I can never get this.

My world map won't insert correctly. This is what I get. (Look at attachments) Why does it do this. I've tried so many different things, and looked for a good tut, but I've never found a good, reliable one. And, don't tell me to use Cyclone, It doesn't work on my Computer. Thanks.

NTME, get it, use it, love it, like a sweet woman.

Years
How can I get the background color to be the first color in the palette? Now it just chooses a seemingly random color (mostly black). Please don't say I have to edit it manually and repair the whole tileset... 8-(

Maco

learning the ropes...
Years
How can I get the background color to be the first color in the palette? Now it just chooses a seemingly random color (mostly black). Please don't say I have to edit it manually and repair the whole tileset... 8-(

What program are you using? If it's photoshop, there is a post by HackMew maybe 3-4 pages back that tells you how to set the first colour.

Usually in other programs there is an menu option to see the colour table before saving the file. Then you just switch another colour in the palette with the first colour, then save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back