• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Big Sting: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • What type would you like to see paired with Bug-type?
    If we're talking what hasn't been already done, I would be up for seeing a Bug/Psychic-type. A lot of the early game bugs learn Psychic-type attacks early on (like Butterfree and Dustox), and there's Venomoth (which Sabrina uses in the Kanto games), so why don't we have an actual Psychic moth? Since we've gotten several facades for it we should get a real deal.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • On the topic, Dragon would be one type.

I thought Haxorus would be part bug when I saw it but I guess GF didn't want to go that path.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What type would you like to see paired with Bug-type?
    I know we already have a combination of bug-fire in Volcarona, but I feel it would be rather sweet if they were to introduce another!

Since we lack legendary bug-type Pokémon (only one I'm able to think of right now is Genesect, which has been sort of underrated for a while), I believe it'd be great if this were turned into one. Bug and fire is a very unique combination, at least in my eyes; if you ask me, it's perfectly suitable for legendaries. Most legendary Pokémon seem to focus on special side of offenses, but I'd like to see this one turn to be more strong physically.

Aside from that, I'm also hoping to see some bug-ghost Pokémon in future. Like Volcarona, we already have Shedinja, but it's pretty... unnoticed, unfortunately, so introducing another Pokémon with this typing would help, if you ask me. It'd be interesting to see how they take it!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2017
    What real life bugs would you like to see made into bug type pokemon?
    I'd quite like more centipede/millipede ones. Maybe a few more spiders?
    Oh! Or a snail! I love snails! =D

What type would you like to see paired with Bug-type?
    I'd like to see maybe bug/ghost more.
    In terms of stuff that hasn't been put with bug type before, I'm a huge fan of the idea of mixing bug either ice or fairy.
    Hell, if they do another butterfly or moth one again they can always do bug/fairy and base it off this cute little guy.
    tumblr_m9ovurbb5G1rpxjywo1_1280.jpg

Years
  • On the topic, Dragon would be one type.

I thought Haxorus would be part bug when I saw it but I guess GF didn't want to go that path.

You know, that actually wouldn't be much a bad idea. Haxorus does look reminiscent of a mantis to me now that you mention it. It can learn X-Scissor, which tacks even more onto that note.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I don't know how I skipped Dragon since I've wanted one of those since Gen IV when I got back into Pokémon "full time," but it's on the top of my list. Maybe subconsciously I just didn't want to say the same thing I always do :P

Is it me or does Vivillon give off a Bug/Fairy kind of vibe?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Sort of but you can't really eliminate any other of its typings. Bug / Flying is a staple for butterfly pokemon and while I do get where you're coming from, it wouldn't make sense otherwise. While fairies can fly, they don't necessarily have the ability to soar up in the sky as most of them are land creatures. If anything, it could be a fairy/flying but then you'd have the problem of it not being an insect anymore. So yeah, while it's a nice idea - I don't actually think it'd happen. :(

And actually, Haxorus could be the first bug/dragon! I think its got potential with the fangs and insect-like body. :D

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I rather have it bug and fairy lol we do have a lot of bug and flying but both fit it! It'd be so much cooler with fairy bug though but its powerful how it is. It also learns fairy type moves so ya haha. I kinda hope it gets a mega... Along with butterfree hehe

Wicked3DS

Years
  • It will stay Bug/Flying, that much I know, I was really just pointing out the design. Also I doubt the 6th gens will get megas until at least Gen VII, and I think that won't be for a little while yet.

Years
  • That is rather true, if Beedrill got a Mega then Butterfree and Vivillon might be due for one in the not so distant future.

But a question is, since Vivillon has so many forms, what would it take the form of if it did get a Mega Evolution?

Dedenne1

Years
  • That is rather true, if Beedrill got a Mega then Butterfree and Vivillon might be due for one in the not so distant future.

But a question is, since Vivillon has so many forms, what would it take the form of if it did get a Mega Evolution?
    of gem 6 pokemon get megas I think it would be in gen 8 which Is awhile away only because they didn't give any gen 5 pokes megas yet which will likely get them next gen. Butterfree I hope they do its only fair right? haha but In response to your question I think it would have the same mega coloring no matter what form or it would just have a different coloring when it megas due to its different forms ;)

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I'm gonna roll the ball on the Pokémon of the week here. If you're familiar with my other clubs, you know what this is. If you're not, this is what it is:

Spoiler:

Ariados!

Black/White Pokédex: It attaches silk to its prey and sets it free. Later, it tracks the silk to the prey and its friends.

Man, what a sneaky little spider that is.

I like Ariados. It's not a whole lot powerful, but it's really cool to me and it learns at least some good moves. It's not a typical Bug-type that will bombard you with status conditions (save for Poison obviously), but it likes to trap you in as a spider would. I actually haven't used one (at least since the G/S/C days, that would've been the only time), but I think I may when I start up HeartGold soon just to see what it's like.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Wouldn't say little.... that is not something id use to describe him.... uhhhhh
    omg if I saw that thing coming towards me in the pokemon world id scream and run scream and run just not risking nothing that thing is scary haaha
    I like ariados let me think umm koga has one on the hgss elite 4 and its annoying haha its not really a status effecting bug ur right hes more of x scissor attacker haha
    but this is pretty much the spider pokemon for me along with galvantula these two will scare u out of your mind both are more attackers and ive used galvantula but sadly haven't used ariados which I one day likely will haha. Does everyone else see ariados mainly in johto? that's where his home region is but I feel like that's where u will likely see and view him and I think hes the bug of johto haha atleast in my smart brain he is :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm a big Ariados fan, to be honest.

In my eyes, its design seems to be rather creative. The Ariados does have simplicity added here and there, but it's not too simple; to cover blank spots, it's got stripes surrounded in its body. Plus, its colors seem to match each other very well, which are yellow, purple, black, and dark pink. If Pokémon had existed in real life and we were to Ariados up-front, I'm sure not many of us would have trouble identifying it as poison-type, which it partially is, if I'm not mistaken!

As far as battling goes, its stats seem to be decent, but I believe there are still some room for improvements (particularly in Attack, Speed, and perhaps Special Defense). Though, I'm sure they will be able to fix this if they plan on giving Ariados an evolution at some point in future, or even some mega-form (personally, I prefer former, but I believe either would do).

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Even though I hate spiders in real life, I'm actually okay with this one. Its bite could probably be deadly if left untreated but could you imagine how well it'd stand up against enemies? For example, a bird tries to swoop down for an easy kill but then gets stuck in Ariados' sticky web. That's what makes it cool in a way - it can scare or trick even the toughest of enemies. Ariados: 1 Birds: 0

Bug of Johto? I wouldn't say so necessarily but I guess it'd be more common than a Heracross, haha. Also I like Galavantula better but Ariados isn't bad either. It's definitely a rather forgotten bug type amongst others though. :(

But yeah, who can forget Spinarak? Those eyes. :D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2017
    As I said in my first post here, I have horrific arachnophobia. That being said, Ariados is one of those Pokemon that I'd love to have if it were real. Ariados and Galvantula, in fact.
    I think it's a really underrated Pokemon, personally. Can't remember the last time I used one (Maybe the original Silver?) which is a shame because I really do adore both of the spider Pokemon we've got so far, I just think Galvantula kinda bests it in terms of stats. I'd love to see Ariados get a good speed boost and maybe be a physical sweeper to act as a counterbalance to Galvantula's special sweeping abilities.
    Mega Ariados, anyone? :3 I'd run it.

Years
  • I've never used Ariados, either. But its stats really got the short end of the cut here, if it was a little faster it might be more usable. )x Although i've used Galvantula in Generation V playthroughs plenty of times, and it got more usability in competitive battling this time around thanks to Sticky Web. If I were making a hack, I think Ariados is a Pokémon i'd boost the stats of.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I prefer Galvantula over Ariados, any day. While I agree that Ariados has a sleek-looking design (it does really fit Koga for some reason) it's stats make short work of it. I'm finding a hard time in including it in any team I make, even in-game teams.

But Spinarak deserved this evolution, mmm

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Arachnophobia all over the place! As far as Galvantula vs. Ariados is concerned, that's tough. I'm a big fan of the Bug/Electric typing and it is much better battling. Don't know, I've always liked Ariados though. Hmm...

Nakala Pri

Not such a big fan of Gavantula, but I keep an open mind. I love Joltik! =D

I never liked Ariados. It's stats weren't to marvelous and the design was awful, in my eyes. But I do love Ledian! :P I almost used it once, in Pokemon X, but it was pretty weak. xD I'll try and use Leavanny this time on Pokemon Black 2 but it's weaknesses is a huge problem. You can't fight against Rock because they'll squish the Bug side of you and not to mention you can't fight Whimsicott for fear of Gust. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back