• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Big Sting: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • What's the most terrifying Bug-type to you guys and why?

Spoiler:

Tell me THAT isn't terrifying. Awesome, but terrifying.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I wont say its not terrifying...... If i had thought of Megas that would have done it.....
    Just omg its got so many spikes and sharp points its gonna hunt you down! That'd be first Shedinja second and either ariados or galvantula for 3rd. Prob galvantula

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Shedinja's already one of the two forms that branch off from Nincada though. I guess the evolution could work but that would also mean giving a possible new form for Ninjask which already looks like a perfect final stage pokemon.

While I think it could get a nice boost if it were to get a new form, it doesn't really need one at the moment. The mega idea isn't bad either but I'd actually prefer to throw this one over to its counterpart more. Plus Mega Shedinja with Wonder Guard seems a bit overpowered if a person doesn't have anything to stop it. :(

And Galavantula's scary? I actually think it's really cute so I'm curious how it's scary. D:

Also holy heck, I think M-Pinsir wins here. I was excluding megas from my answer but that one's just terrifying.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pinsir's mega-evolution is definitely rather terrifying, haha. Though, I believe this is more advantageous, as it helps showcase its strength and whatnot; with a scary appearance like this, we could instantly take into account that the Pokémon must be good in terms of offense, which it is! I've used Mega-Pinsir a couple of times before, and it seemed to have been pretty easy to utilize on the attacking-side.

Nakala Pri

Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Joltik, Leavanny
    Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: 'Cause they're under-rated and unique. 8D
    Answer to current topic: Which Bug-type would you like to see get a Mega Evolution?

I know Galvantula is OP enough but it'd be pretty rad to see a Mega. ;D Maybe he grows heaps big and his legs get all spiny and he gets a dark blue bolt on each leg. It'd be rad!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome to bug-type fan club, Airhead! It's nice to see you join; we're glad to have you here!

Yep, I agree with you on Joltik with being cute and whatnot; in my eyes, it's one of the most adorable bug-types out there. It's small, has got puppy-looking eyes… who wouldn't like it, to be honest? Haha. If it were up to me to create a cute bug-type Pokémon design, I don't believe I could have done any better.

As for its evolution, Galvantula, it's definitely powerful! Thanks to its ability, it could successfully strike moves such as Thunder without any problem at all, regardless of how low their accuracy may be; that's something. I don't feel there are many Pokémon out there that could achieve such a feat.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Airhead
    Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Joltik
    Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: 'Cause they're under-rated and unique. 8D
    Answer to current topic: Which Bug-type would you like to see get a Mega Evolution?

I know Galvantula is OP enough but it'd be pretty rad to see a Mega. ;D Maybe he grows heaps big and his legs get all spiny and he gets a dark blue bolt on each leg. It'd be rad!

Welcome! Mega Galvantula would be fantastic, that's a good idea. I never used one because I used Leavanny instead, but it's very cool.

Man, I just realized that with Scolipede, Leavanny, Galvantula, and Volcarona, they did a good job with Bug-types in Gen V.

Also you get two partners, not just one :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I love Volcarona; it's simply fantastic.

When it comes to appearance, its design suits the Pokémon quite well, I feel. It's a fire- and bug-type; how else would we imagine such a Pokémon to look? Haha. Not only this, but it's also rather good in terms of battling and whatnot; it's got great stats, as well as access to some quality moves. After one use of Quiver Dance, which gives it boost, it instantly becomes ready for some deep sweeping. I've used it before, and it's very easy to utilize!

Scolipede and Leavanny are great, too; although I haven't tried latter out much, unfortunately, former is like about--easy to utilize.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • As I mentioned on my signup, Gen V's Bug-types were a major overhaul compared to the Bug-types we were used to seeing in previous generations. No more crappy early evolving wastes with lame stats, just radically designed stuff with cool stats and moves that are completely original and even awesome. I have myself good Volcarona in both White 2 and X, and have used Galvantula in the Unova games several times, but Leavanny only once or twice I think.

Escavalier is also one I like quite a bit, since it has great stats all around, only one weakness, and an ability that prevents critical hits, which in one of my Black 2 playthroughs made it awesome with Iron Defense and Rest. XY gave it more toys to play with, so i'll have to breed another Karrablast there sometime.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2017
    Sign-up form:
    Name:
    FeralSlaaneshi. But Feral's fine. :3

Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon:

Joltik and Vespiquen

Reason(s) for liking Bug-types:

I just think they're really underrated and overlooked, similarly to poison types.

Answer to current topic:

Which bug types do you feel are the absolute best when it comes to competitive play and which ones are great but need better movesets?
    I'm not much of a competitive player, but if I was going to make a competitive bug team then Scizor would be the first one in there. I'd also throw in Volcarona because I have a soft spot for the butterfly/moth ones. :3
    As for bugs which I love but which I think just need a bit more polish, that has to go to Beedrill (I haven't seen Mega Beedrill yet so I'm not sure what that's capable of) or maybe Vespiquen. I think just one or two more outstanding moves or niches, maybe a bit of a buff to some stats, could really make them shine.

Random bit of trivia: I'm terrified of real bugs. I like butterflies and moths which is why I'm so drawn to them in game, but when it comes to anything else I freak out. But for some reason bug type Pokemon are amongst my favourite, and despite the fact I have really bad arachnophobia I absolutely adore Ariados and Galvantula.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Sign-up form:
    Name:
    FeralSlaaneshi. But Feral's fine. :3

Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon:

Joltik and Vespiquen

Reason(s) for liking Bug-types:

I just think they're really underrated and overlooked, similarly to poison types.

Answer to current topic:

Which bug types do you feel are the absolute best when it comes to competitive play and which ones are great but need better movesets?
    I'm not much of a competitive player, but if I was going to make a competitive bug team then Scizor would be the first one in there. I'd also throw in Volcarona because I have a soft spot for the butterfly/moth ones. :3
    As for bugs which I love but which I think just need a bit more polish, that has to go to Beedrill (I haven't seen Mega Beedrill yet so I'm not sure what that's capable of) or maybe Vespiquen. I think just one or two more outstanding moves or niches, maybe a bit of a buff to some stats, could really make them shine.

Random bit of trivia: I'm terrified of real bugs. I like butterflies and moths which is why I'm so drawn to them in game, but when it comes to anything else I freak out. But for some reason bug type Pokemon are amongst my favourite, and despite the fact I have really bad arachnophobia I absolutely adore Ariados and Galvantula.

Welcome! Mega Beedrill is pretty good after the stat boosts. Volcarona is pretty beastly I must say. I like the spider Pokémon as well. I don't really have arachnaphobia, but spiders do creep me out a little bit. Ariados and Galvantula are very cool though.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Ive already made a topic here but hey i got some questions ive been coming up with for all the clubs so......
    New topic!
    What real life bugs would you like to see made into bug type pokemon?
    Ill answer later i got some pokemon research to do!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    What real life bugs would you like to see made into bug type pokemon?

As long as we stray away from butterflies, then I'm fine with whatever. I'd like a firefly pokemon though! I'm not really sure how far they'd stray from the original insect but they could make it a bug/fairy and debut the typing. As far as evolutions go, they could probaby create a moth with a blue or yellowish glow? My only concern is that its first stage form turns into another Navi from Zelda though. :(

A praying mantis wouldn't be bad either. There'd be two typing routes to follow, some great stats and it'd be a unique addition to the world of bugs. Throw in a faint hint of inspiration from Kung Fu Panda and you're all set to go. :]

Dedenne1

Years
  • What real life bugs would you like to see made into bug type pokemon?

As long as we stray away from butterflies, then I'm fine with whatever. I'd like a firefly pokemon though! I'm not really sure how far they'd stray from the original insect but they could make it a bug/fairy and debut the typing. As far as evolutions go, they could probaby create a moth with a blue or yellowish glow? My only concern is that its first stage form turns into another Navi from Zelda though. :(

A praying mantis wouldn't be bad either. There'd be two typing routes to follow, some great stats and it'd be a unique addition to the world of bugs. Throw in a faint hint of inspiration from Kung Fu Panda and you're all set to go. :]
    Lol too many butterflies for you?
    I think volbeat is a firefly but I think we need a better one :p maybe even bug and fire? haha

haha that is a concern ive seen a great moth pokemon that's blue and ice and bug its super cool!

Prayin mantis hmm we have one don't we or do we not? I think I remember one I don't think leavanny is a prayin mantis wait is it scyther? I cant get a clear image in my head haha. you know theres bee caterpillars butterflies pillbugs spiders dragonflies but theres a lot more they could make is there a cricket one?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • What real life bugs would you like to see made into bug type pokemon?

Something fused with a Dragon.

I think less spiders and butterflies for sure. The first thing that comes to mind for me would be a praying mantis that would be like a Fighting-type. I imagine it to be something like Scyther (which is supposed to be like a mantis) combined with Gallade. We don't have any other than Heracross and I think it could be a lot more of a fighter look than a bug if you ask me.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Welcome to new members!

On the topic, I think a shield-bug would be awesome. It might be the defensive bug-steel we're looking for!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Ugh, I let this fall a bit dead over the past few days. New topic plz:

What type would you like to see paired with Bug-type?

Keep in mind this doesn't mean that you can't say a type that's been done before.

Water. Surskit doesn't really do anything since it's not a final evolution, so I think they could come up with something cool to fix that. Bug-type would nullify Water's weakness to Grass as well as give them a nice STAB to combat them with as well. I also would like to see a Bug/Dark-type as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Name: Cream
    Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: BEEDRILL and Ledian
    Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: I find them adorable and cool! There's such a variety of bug types and they're all super interesting in their own way. Somehow, they comfort me.
    Answer to current topic: Which bug types do you feel are the absolute best when it comes to competitive play and which ones are great but need better movesets?

Hmmm, probably Scizor? I've always had a pretty good time when using him competitively. I wish that my favorite bug, Beedrill, was better competitively. However, that might change because of his new mega!

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • ^M-Beedrill is the perfect glass cannon. Really really frail but very scary physical offensive prowess.

Too bad, def and spdef and even HP makes it really hard to be used.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    What type would you like to see paired with Bug-type?

Ice/Bug. I think it's one of the few types that haven/t been done yet? I'd like to also point out that if there are fire/bug types, then the former should work as well. I've even looked up a few ideas and some of them were pretty good! For example, someone proposed an ordinary bug type that branched off into two evolutions when exposed to 'extreme temperatures'. I'm guessing that's if the pokemon levels in a snowy or volcano area - it'll then evolve into either a bug/fire or a bug/ice. It was really clever, haha.

A bug/dark or bug/dragon would be great too! We need more powerful bug types and one of the two would be perfect. I think the latter could look pretty cool as well. For the other ones that haven't been done, bug/fairy is also something that I could see happening in the near future. Bug/normal's a tad boring though since well... bugs are already pretty normal creatures. :p

And yeah, I think water/bug could use an extra pokemon or two. Surksit wasn't too memorable of an addition, not to mention that its evolution changes typing anyway.

At M-Beedrill, I haven't been keeping up with the competitive side of things. What sort of moves can it use and how good is it compared to other megas?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back