• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So, does that mean that we suggest, and if it's plausible, you do it? As long as it's within Pokemon parameters?

Interesting... I have to think. Give me a nano..

-Krobe

Years
  • The debug menu is only activated by playtesting. When you compress the game data (File-->Compress Data) or something like that, the debug menu will be deactivated.

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
    Years
  • Hello!

How Can I fix This:

Exception: ArgumentError
    PokeBattle_Battle:141:in `pbThrow'
    PokeBattle_Battle:141:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1639:in `pbRegisterItem'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2393:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2352:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2407:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2341:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2341:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:722:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:721:in `logonerr'

It happens when I throw a Pokeball at a Wild Pokemon.
    Is anyone going to help me?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    So, does that mean that we suggest, and if it's plausible, you do it? As long as it's within Pokemon parameters?

Interesting... I have to think. Give me a nano..

-Krobe

sort of, i think it's more of the stuff that she/he likes. for instance, if you check a way earlier post (like on page 20 or something) i suggested (buy accident) that the weather effects of the maps be put into the meta file (actually, i asked if that was what i was supposed to do, and apparently it wasn't, but poccil thought it would be a good idea. =D)

Is anyone going to help me?

i don't think anyone knows how to help you, you might want to pm poccil, because that is an error i have never gotten before.

Last edited:

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
  • well, if its to do with the pokeball, from what i gather of the error, it says you have a 3 in 2 chance of capture, seeing as 3 DOSENT fit into 2, i think thats what causeing the error?
    But then again, im no scripter :/

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
  • All I need now is a title.........
    Maybe a should draw one
    Paint dosen't Work Well With a Microsft word
    thing since Entei is a picture with some with around it any ideas?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    All I need now is a title.........
    Maybe a should draw one
    Paint dosen't Work Well With a Microsft word
    thing since Entei is a picture with some with around it any ideas?

try pixia. it's a really good free art program, it's the art program that most people use to make manga. i havent used it in a long time, so i don't know if it is even still up, just google it and see for your self.

or if you sketch the picture out, and put base colors on it, (what colors you want) i can make it in photoshop for you. but only if it's a title screen, because i can't sprite for the life of me.

and poccil, can i make a suggestion? can you make another terrain tag, one with reflect but no pokemon battles or surfing, you know, a terrain tag for puddles.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Hi guys:

I don't know what's wrong with this since I've modified the metadata.txt with this but none of the highlighted setting works:

PlayerA=PkMnTRAINER_Male,Red,onbike,trback,Avatar-Red6,Avatar-Red2,Avatar-Red6
    PlayerB=PkMnTRAINER_Female,Crystal,onbike,trback,Crystal,Crystal,Crystal
    StorageCreator=BILL

Is there anything wrong with Avatar's charset? If so, why the pics in the POKEMON-Raptors version work so well? I also changed the StorageCreator to Bill but it still show as Someone's PC... What's the matter with this? I'd appreciate it very much if anyone of you could help...

Years
  • Hi guys:

I don't know what's wrong with this since I've modified the metadata.txt with this but none of the highlighted setting works:

StorageCreator=BILL

Is there anything wrong with Avatar's charset? If so, why the pics in the POKEMON-Raptors version work so well? I also changed the StorageCreator to Bill but it still show as Someone's PC... What's the matter with this? I'd appreciate it very much if anyone of you could help...

U have to ask yourself the good questions... Before u put BILL as the storagecreator, there was LANETTE. And it also showed Someone's PC. So, do u think the problem come from the name? ;)

And for the pics, I dont know, try perhaps to rename the pics...

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Hi guys:

StorageCreator=BILL

for the bill thing, you should really read the note file, it says in there that "someones pc" will show up until you say weather or not the main character has actually met the pc creator.

as for the other ones, take out the "Avatar-" part. and if you actually have the charset named with that, remove it. because i think the - will mess it up.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • for the bill thing, you should really read the note file, it says in there that "someones pc" will show up until you say weather or not the main character has actually met the pc creator.

as for the other ones, take out the "Avatar-" part. and if you actually have the charset named with that, remove it. because i think the - will mess it up.

Thanks a lot for your answer, I already get it work. However, there's another problem with the surfing pic that when I entered another map, the protagonist will jump first and then the surf pic disappears(I have to use surf again to make him/her able to continue the journey on the sea. What can I do with this? I'd appreciate it very much if you could help.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Thanks a lot for your answer, I already get it work. However, there's another problem with the surfing pic that when I entered another map, the protagonist will jump first and then the surf pic disappears(I have to use surf again to make him/her able to continue the journey on the sea. What can I do with this? I'd appreciate it very much if you could help.

lol, well, that would be an actual bug. the only way to fix that is to pm poccil, and tell them about it. that way it get's fixed for the next version. ^.^

Years
  • Alright this is probably a simple question but I need to know none the less.

Alright so you got a team together and someone else is making maps for you, how do you go about get his map into your game?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Alright this is probably a simple question but I need to know none the less.

Alright so you got a team together and someone else is making maps for you, how do you go about get his map into your game?

actually, a lot of people ask this, there are 3 difrent ways to do it, but this is the one that i always do it. :

open 2 rmxp's (the program lets you open it twice, so it's easy)

in one, open your project, in the other, open the project with the maps.
    then right click a map (in the map tree), click copy, then go to your project, right click the map tree in your project, and click paste. do this for each map.

there are other ways to do it, but this is the only one that i have found that doesn't have a single problem.

Years
  • actually, a lot of people ask this, there are 3 difrent ways to do it, but this is the one that i always do it. :

open 2 rmxp's (the program lets you open it twice, so it's easy)

in one, open your project, in the other, open the project with the maps.
    then right click a map (in the map tree), click copy, then go to your project, right click the map tree in your project, and click paste. do this for each map.

there are other ways to do it, but this is the only one that i have found that doesn't have a single problem.

Alright makes sense.

But if someone else makes the maps, do they upload them, then I download them or something?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Alright makes sense.

But if someone else makes the maps, do they upload them, then I download them or something?

yes, they zip the folder, then upload it, you download it, then unzip it. unless you know of another way to get them :D

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Does anyone know how to change the y postion of pokemon in the battle system, like not the txt file, but in the script because I changed the screen size and the pokemon needs to be higher in the battle system, so if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated, I have been trying all day and I haven't got anywhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back