• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
  • Hi,

Does someone know how to modify the scripts of rpgmaker? I dont mean the scripts we can access with the Script Editor, but the scripts like the scripts of the commands of the events.

Actually, I need to take a look at the stopwatch script because I have a little bug : it doesnt desappear when the timeleft is equal to 0 :/ .

Ps : I use rpgmaker xp.

To edit the event scripts, look under "Interpreter". Those are the scripts that run events.

How do i add a new trainer. Is there anyway to make it so they have a rival if its a girl its the boy and if your a boy its the girls.

To make new trainers, you edit some of the out-of-game files. Look in the instruction manual included with the kit. Then, use a simple conditional branch to decide whether the rival will be a boy or girl, depending on the initial choice of character.

Maybe in the next release make a GBS (Global Battle Station)
    Or can someone help me make it?
    but in this thread so everyone knows

Honestly, the next step up from a GBS or GTS is a full-blown MMO. In other words, it is extremely difficult, and most people would have a great deal of trouble implementing it if it was available. That won't stop someome from trying to, though.

how do you make a trader event?
    (sorry if the question is asked already)

Honestly, it should be fairly simple to figure out. You make an event that asks if the player wants to trade the Pokemon. If they choose yes, you use a script to check to see if they have a certain Pokemon (I believe a similar example would be the scripts to check moves for HM actions), then to take it away and give a new one to the player. Most of that should be fairly easy to do if you read the manual and check out the predone events. (I'm not sure it's still there, but I think that there used to be an example of a trade event in the kit. ^_^)

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
    Years
  • Honestly, it should be fairly simple to figure out. You make an event that asks if the player wants to trade the Pokemon. If they choose yes, you use a script to check to see if they have a certain Pokemon (I believe a similar example would be the scripts to check moves for HM actions), then to take it away and give a new one to the player. Most of that should be fairly easy to do if you read the manual and check out the predone events. (I'm not sure it's still there, but I think that there used to be an example of a trade event in the kit. ^_^)

Why should I ask if I do now how to do this?
    And no there isn't any predone trade event.
    so if you know how 2, please give me a usefull answer :D

Glitchfinder

Years
  • Why should I ask if I do now how to do this?
    And no there isn't any predone trade event.
    so if you know how 2, please give me a usefull answer :D

If there isn't a predone event, you need to do 3 things, using script calls.

1. Check to see if they have the Pokemon. I believe that there are some things that already have similar checks in the kit. (One check that is somewhat similar is that of an HM event, that checks for a move)

2. Take the Pokemon away from them. That should just be a simple edit of the add Pokemon script. (I think, it's been a while since I messed with this kit in-depth)

3. Add the new Pokemon to their party.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    How do i add a new trainer. Is there anyway to make it so they have a rival if its a girl its the boy and if your a boy its the girls.

on the adding a new trainer thing, you should really read the note.html file before you post here, it says you can have up to 4 diffrent trainers,

to add a trainer, go to the pbs folder, click on metadata, at the very top of the file you will see
    Code:
    [000]
    PlayerA=PkMnTRAINER_Male,Red,onbike,trback,Red,Red,Red
    PlayerB=PkMnTRAINER_Female,Crystal,onbike,trback,Crystal,Crystal,Crystal
    StorageCreator=LANETTE
    Home=25,11,6,8
    TextSkin=rstextskin.png

to add a new character, just put in the information (read the note.html file for more info on how to do this.

Now, for your how to change the gender of the rival, when the player chooses there gender, put in a control-switch for if they choose a boy, and a control switch for if they choose a girl, then when ever you have a rival event, put in 2 event pages, one for if the boy switch is on, one for if the girl switch is on.

I'm getting this weird error...It was working fine before until today...I even extracted again and tried using one with nothing edited by me yet and still same error...Here is what it says:

Code:
    Exception: Runtime Error
    Message: Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/pictures/border.png
    BitmapCache:195:in "load bitmap"
    BitmapCache:250:in "picture"
    SpriteResizer:471:in "refresh"
    SpriteResizer:479:in "bordername="
    SpriteResizer:497:in "setScreenBorderName"
    Main:28:in "MainFunction"
    Main:22:in "pbCriticalcode"
    Main:36:in "MainFunction"
    Main:40
    Main:39:in "loop"

Hope you guys can help me! :)

this part : Graphics/pictures/border.png

says that you are missing a graphic, the border.png graphic.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to include the feature in the pokemon summary screen where the location and level you met the pokemon you are viewing is located...?

i think poccil just added in the pokeradar feature. it shows where a pokemon can be found.

Maybe in the next release make a GBS (Global Battle Station)
    Or can someone help me make it?
    but in this thread so everyone knows

that is in the server feature, (you do mean where people that have your game can go and fight eachother right?) just read the server set up file.

Last edited:

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
    Years
  • If there isn't a predone event, you need to do 3 things, using script calls.

1. Check to see if they have the Pokemon. I believe that there are some things that already have similar checks in the kit. (One check that is somewhat similar is that of an HM event, that checks for a move)

2. Take the Pokemon away from them. That should just be a simple edit of the add Pokemon script. (I think, it's been a while since I messed with this kit in-depth)

3. Add the new Pokemon to their party.

I still don't get it..
    can you tell me the exact code to take a pokemon away?
    and to make a traded pokemon from an other trainer instead of your own?
    thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    I have recently added an event for in-game trades. It will be part of the next version of Pokemon Essentials.

Glitchfinder

Years
  • I have recently added an event for in-game trades. It will be part of the next version of Pokemon Essentials.

Now that I think about it, haven't you answered the in-game trading question before? If so, I think it's time for someone to start archiving all the applicable support for your starter kit. In other words, I think someone should go through this thread, find all the answered questions, see if the answer still applies, and then add it to a new FAQ.

Years
  • That isn't very feasible.
    Not only are there over 70 pages of posts where the majority of the pages are riddled with crap, but the probability that people would actually read this FAQ is close to none.
    Instead of focusing on getting every question compiled into a FAQ you should go with the most common (and logical) questions and then go from there as they are asked.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    someone could teach me how to detail a battle, that even after losing the game continues normally.
    (As the battles against rival)

Please. i need much!!!

Ridley

Beware of Meta Ridley!
    Years
  • It's working! :) I had some extra files in the RPGXP folder like extra .dll and stuff.
    Cuz I accidentally extracted the Pokestarter to RPGXP folder and it wasnt in folder so got extra stuff and I had no idea what to delete...Anyways I just reinstalled RMXP and its fine now...I might make a thread about my new game in a week or so...Dunno...Thanks for the help! :)

Atomic Reactor

someone could teach me how to detail a battle, that even after losing the game continues normally.
    (As the battles against rival)

Please. i need much!!!

this has already been answered!
    make the start over point in the trainer event so it brings you back even if you lose.
    ... <_<

Anyways I just reinstalled RMXP and its fine now...I might make a thread about my new game in a week or so...Dunno...Thanks for the help!

just a suggestion, spend more than a week before you make a thread.

Years
  • I'm sorry to be so noobish, but...

When I delete all the maps and make a new one, the game doesn't work. It pops up with an error message, and plus it shows no character.

Atomic Reactor

Rageman: Ok, first, you deleted the intro page. which makes you have a character, and you need that.
    what you should do is re-download the SK and just merge all the maps so there in one folder type thing so they dont take up so much space. You should keep those maps. they have a lot of pre-made events that you may need.

Years
  • Rageman: Ok, first, you deleted the into page. which makes you have a character, and you need that.
    what you should do is re-download the SK and just merge all the maps so there in one folder type thing so they dont take up so much space. You should keep those maps. they have a lot of pre-made events that you may need.
    I didn't delete the intro, just everything past the first map after the intro. So, can detail to me what I can do so I can make a playable game please?

Atomic Reactor

well, did you change the starting position of the player? if so thats your problem.
    put back on the intro map. then change were the event transfers you to. ( the event is in the top left corner, and the transfer player part is at the very bottom)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back