• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spyro: Year Of The Dragon [Videos]

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I couldn't remember the name of it, but this is one of the few levels that I can actually recall playing quite vividly (the other is a space-y one with Agent 9... I imagine you'll get there eventually!). Nice to see it without having to resort to memory. And keep up the longer videos! They're the best ones. :D

Yes. I know what level you mean. Yeah we'll get there in time.
    And YES SIR! (oAo)7

Those thiefs are a pest! I could never catch them... well I could but it always took several attempts, keep bringing the videos (:

Haha I love chasing the thieves. Ever since spyro one it was always one of my favorite things!

And will do!

I still remember a lot of the classic Spyro games, Year of the Dragon had a good storyline and was the first Spyro game to have other playable characters (Sparx, Hunter, Sheila, Sgt. Byrd, Agent 9 and Bentley).

I liked Agent 9 cos he's a monkey and I like monkeys.

And two particular minor characters (Handel and Greta from Gateway to Glimmer) made an appearance again.

Yes. And Gateway to Glimmer is called Ripto's Rage where I'm from so when I do an LP of that (big request) that's what I'll be calling it. And I agree. It was pretty awesome.

And Agent 9 is one of my favorites too. He's freakin insane.

I like Bianca from Spyro 3, I've always liked her... oh and Bentley!

Bianca, Shiela and Agent 9 always ranked among mine... Bentley was an awesome character but I would have loved a bit more speed and jumping on him. He lives in the mountains after all.....

But episode 11 time!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • New episode n___n

I always struggled on that Shelia level, the hardest out of them IMO.
    Btw, after Spyro 3 I suggest you do Spyro 2... that is if you are planning on doing more.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    New episode n___n

I always struggled on that Shelia level, the hardest out of them IMO.
    Btw, after Spyro 3 I suggest you do Spyro 2... that is if you are planning on doing more.

Glad that makes ya happy. ^-^

I do intend to do more. :3 And it will be 2. Even though there is one orb challenge I know I will struggle with. I have gotten like 5 requests for it so I figured hey why not. And that IS the hardest shiela challenge... Why did he have to go AROUND the house? Why did the other one think about it?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • For me personally, I wasn't as big a fan of this episode, unfortunately. I appreciate that the level is hard and kinda annoying, but there were numerous occasions when I was practically yelling at my laptop screen to just stop talking (or yelling) whenever you got bitten by a piranha or a bomb went off in the Sheila level. Up until now, your frustrations were an endearing feature of these LPs, but I just couldn't sympathise with you on this occasion, unfortunately.

However, your Tigger shout-out was all kinds of wonderful. That made me smile a lot. :D

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    For me personally, I wasn't as big a fan of this episode, unfortunately. I appreciate that the level is hard and kinda annoying, but there were numerous occasions when I was practically yelling at my laptop screen to just stop talking (or yelling) whenever you got bitten by a piranha or a bomb went off in the Sheila level. Up until now, your frustrations were an endearing feature of these LPs, but I just couldn't sympathise with you on this occasion, unfortunately.

However, your Tigger shout-out was all kinds of wonderful. That made me smile a lot. :D

I apologize. next episode will have less yelling with my stupidity. I just wasn't feeling this episode because I hate this level so much. XD So I usually didn't know what to say so yeah. RANDOM YELLING. Oh well. I LOVE the next level so that shouldn't be a problem next time.

And I had to. Really.... with that kinda bouncing? XD

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I love Spyro 2, I just recently completed it 100% all orbs and gems, hard but fun!

Indeed. I have completed all three of the original Spyros. :3 There are a couple challenges in 2 I am not looking forward to but whatever.

Two episodes today!
    Thought I'd make up for not recording over the weekend. Mr Cat Dog, I honestly tried to tone down on my frustrated outbursts but.... in episode 12 that doesn't really happen and I apologize in advance.

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Don't worry about it. Your outbursts in and of themselves were never the problem; what annoyed me was more to do with how shrill they often ended up becoming in that one episode a few days ago. Thankfully, you were back to being your endearing self on this one, which was great to hear. Look forward to more videos. (And Bentley is awesome!)

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've never fully completed Spyro 3, I've collected 100+ eggs and defeated the Sorceress but not all Eggs & Gems I'd like to one day. Spyro 1 on the other hand, hardly ever played it really.

Years
  • I've never fully completed Spyro 3, I've collected 100+ eggs and defeated the Sorceress but not all Eggs & Gems I'd like to one day. Spyro 1 on the other hand, hardly ever played it really.

I'd completed all 3 original Spyro games, but it was actually my mother that did some challenges.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Okay so this video was done in honor of twisted's birthday, so it is SUUUUUPER long cause he loves my long episodes. Problem is I didn't catch the entire audio slip up, and am too annoyed to fix it yet. So just keep annotations up and be ready to mute when the video prompts (so also pay attention). Not even kidding. I'll fix it soon enough. But until then... episode 14....

Spoiler:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Episode 15 time! No more sound issues but I became quite the spacecase. XD
    Trollsuuuuuubs

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • This LP has really gave me the motivation to play this game, 88 eggs!

I love Evening Lake, Midnight Mountain & The Firework Factory level.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    This LP has really gave me the motivation to play this game, 88 eggs!

I love Evening Lake, Midnight Mountain & The Firework Factory level.

YEAH! Go for all the eggs! And all the things! You can do it!
    Firwork factory= a level with matrix references

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've got it for PS1 but I can play it on the PS3, currently at the second home world can't remember the name.

I loved the Dragon challenge on Firework Factory.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Well, I actually played the game myself so I seem to know a lot.

I think they were playing it too, and just had a slip up. I apologize, but the way you said that was slightly disrespectful, in my opinion. I don't mean anything by this at all, simply mentioning it.

Buuuut now for Episode 16! Encountering kitties and being interrupted by my own cat....
    Spoiler:

Back