• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ash and Pikachu Show! (Season 2)

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
  • The Ash and Pikachu Show-Season 2

ANP #026: Pika Power!

(Cue OP-On Our Way-as the song plays, we see various shots of the Pokemon cast in the backstage area, getting ready for a show: Misty walks past one member of the lighting crew, making her trip and drop her paints, which color some of the notes on Brock's sheet music. He tries to clean the music, only to get walloped by a basketball in the face (thrown by May) Pikachu runs past all of this, down a hallway, and through a door with a star on it marked "Ash". He cries "Pika!" and points at a clock, which is ticking dangerously close to "Show Time!" Ash notices the time on the clock and ducks behind a screen to get ready, when he finishes, he's now decked out in a red top hat (with the same design as his cap) and tails. Ash then runs head on at the camera and makes a flying entrance onto a stage as the song concludes)

Female announcer: And now, it's time for the Ash and Pikachu Show!

(Pikachu climbs onto Ash's shoulder and smiles as the title card flies in from the right, a short clip of "On Our Way" in the background)

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene clad in a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses)

Brock: I hope you enjoyed the summer, 'cause we're in for a year of insanity! (smiles as the scene fades out over one last hit of music)

(Applause as Ash runs onstage to greet the crowd)

Ash: Thank you! We're going to kick this season off by focusing on my longtime partner, Pikachu!

(applause as Pikachu runs onstage next to Ash and waves to the crowd)

Ash: Just to be more specific, we're going to be focusing on his greatest Gym battle: when he faced Lt. Surge. (A picture of Lt. Surge unfurls next to Ash)

Pikachu: Pika pika pi pika chu! (gives Ash an annoyed shock)

Ash: All right, I'll stop talking and start the projector... (mild laughter as Ash walks to the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"Electric Shock Showdown", part 1)

(Backstage...Misty is checking various boxes)

Misty: Now I know the prop crew has another pad of drawing paper here someplace...(she checks more boxes, but to no avail)

May: That's nothing compared to losing a box of golf balls before going to Petalburg Highlands...best golf course in Houen, Dad said, so I decided to play a round for myself...

Misty: Oh, really? (closes up the box she's looking through and listens as May begins her story)

(On Our way interlude as the title card appears: "'Par for the Course' starring May" May's face appears in the round part of the a in her name)

(Flashback-May is listening as Norman talks to her)

May(voiceover): It started when Dad told me Petalburg Highlands was holding a "Ladies Day" promotion. So naturally, I wanted to go play a round. (At this, May drags Norman out the door, down a few streets, and into a sporting goods store)

Misty(voiceover): Okay, sounds simple enough...

May(voiceover): The only hard part was keeping my team under control in the store. (May and Norman stand in the middle of one aisle, embarrassed, as Combusken delivers a kick into a stack of tennis shoes. Beautifly flits about, a trail of sports team bandannas behind her, Skitty chases various balls around, Munchlax attempts to consume a soccer ball, Squirtle fires an arrow into a target, and Eevee juggles some ping pong balls)

Misty(voiceover): So after getting your crew under control, you got balls, clubs, a bag, the works, right?

May(voiceover): Eventually we got what we came for. (May and Norman exit the store with several packages. Munchlax, meanwhile is consuming anything edible that's lying on the sidewalk. His footprints spell "The End")

(end flashback)

Misty: Sounds interesting...maybe you'll tell me more next show. (resumes looking for a pad)

May: I will! It gets interesting once we get on the course! (Misty smiles, then resumes looking) Until then, you guys can watch more of Pikachu's battle. (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Electric Shock Showdown", part 2)

(We join Ash onstage, where Brock is tuning his guitar)

Ash: Now...since we have a new season, that also means Brock has new songs to sing for you....(mild applause) starting with this one.

Brock: Take it, guys...

(music begins)

Brock: Never know what's 'round the bend
    We go up a hill and down again
    And when there's trouble we'll get through
    We always have and we always do

Nothing in the world can bring us down
    No, not us
    We'll spread a little sunshine all around
    There's never enough

All we wanna do is have a good time
    Havin' lots of fun with all these friends of mine
    All we wanna do is celebrate
    Ev'rytime we've been together it's been great
    Looking for adventure, big and small
    Just being with a friend like you is all we wanna do

All my friends are here with me
    And things are good as they can be
    (Oh, yeah)
    Travel places near and far
    But home is always where we are

Travelin' the world is what we do
    Because
    Ev'rywhere we go there's something new
    For us

Do you wanna come along?
    Just be prepared for anything
    Get into the flow! Get ready to go!
    Get ready to spread your wings!

Yeah!

And all we wanna do is have a good time

Just being with a friend like you is all we wanna do!
    (applause as Brock bows)

Pikachu: Pika! Pika!

Ash: That was an appropriate song, Brock...

Brock: I wrote it to celebrate the strong friendship you and Pikachu have.

Ash: Really? Thanks...

(Some "Aww"'s are heard as Ash and Brock hug)

Pikachu: Pika pi?

Ash: Okay...now, the exciting conclusion of Pikachu's battle. (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Electric Shock Showdown", part 3)

(We join Ash and Pikachu onstage)

Ash: Well...was that a great battle, or what? (enthusiastic cheers)

Misty(offstage): Found it! (Misty comes onstage with a new drawing pad)

Ash: Save the comic for next show, Misty...we're almost out of time!

Misty: It's okay! I had cartoonist's block tonight, anyway. (mild laughter)

Ash: See ya next time! (he and Misty wave goodbye)

Pikachu: Pika! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. "On Our Way reprise plays as the credits roll.)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
  • ANP #027: He is the One Named Ash Ketchum

(Cue OP-On Our Way-as the song plays, we see various shots of the Pokemon cast in the backstage area, getting ready for a show: Misty walks past one member of the lighting crew, making her trip and drop her paints, which color some of the notes on Brock's sheet music. He tries to clean the music, only to get walloped by a basketball in the face (thrown by May) Pikachu runs past all of this, down a hallway, and through a door with a star on it marked "Ash". He cries "Pika!" and points at a clock, which is ticking dangerously close to "Show Time!" Ash notices the time on the clock and ducks behind a screen to get ready, when he finishes, he's now decked out in a red top hat (with the same design as his cap) and tails. Ash then runs head on at the camera and makes a flying entrance onto a stage as the song concludes)

(Pikachu climbs onto Ash's shoulder and smiles as the title card flies in from the right, a short clip of "On Our Way" in the background)

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene in his normal clothes and sunglasses)

Brock: If Sailor Moon fights evil by moonlight, why can't she do it by daylight too? (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(We join Ash onstage)

Ash: Thank you! Let's give the Transporter a whirl this time... (starts over to the Transporter, where Brock is messing with the buttons again) GAH!!! (rushes to stop Brock, but hits the ENTER button by mistake as he falls to the floor, entering the coordinates on the way down)

Transporter: Coordinates entered: 030792. Destination: Silver Millenium. (The portal appears, just as Misty rushes onstage to see what's going on)

Misty: What happened?

Ash: In an attempt to stop Brock from entering coordinates, I accidentally entered them myself...and it's contacting the Sailor Moon universe!

Misty: Please hope you didn't summon a youma... (steps aside as the 4 Inner Senshi, Moon, and Luna arrive, piled in a heap.)

Moon: Where are we? Last thing I remember was being sucked into this blue light...

(Mercury summons her VR Visor)

Mercury: We appear to have landed in a crowded theater while a show was in progress...(scans the transporter) That computer there is what summoned us here...due to human error.

Venus: We got called here where this cute little mouse lives (pets Pikachu) due to THAT?

(At this, May rushes onstage, piqued by the talking)

May: Oh my...all five Senshi! Here?

Ash: Blame Brock for entering the coordinates....(weakly stands up) Welcome to the show, girls...(applause as the Senshi wave to the crowd. Moon is especially thrilled about being on TV)

Moon: I'm on TV! And that mouse is a hidden camera, right? (picks up Pikachu and shouts in his face) HI, MOM!!!

Pikachu: CHU!!! (shocks Moon)

Ash: Careful around Pikachu, girls...he will shock you if you harass him.

Mars: Tell that to Meatball-head...(laughter as we look on a shocked Moon)

Brock: A cartoon for our lovely ladies? (wheels out the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"Raye's Day in the Spotlight")

(Backstage, the Senshi explore the various rooms, with Ash as their tour guide)

Ash: Here's the drawing board...Misty's pencils are magic, so whatever she draws comes to life! (Misty smiles as she sits down before the board)

(Just then, Brock appears before Moon, heart eyes and all)

Brock: I'd defend you from any old youma, my lovely one!

(an ice blast is seen)

Mercury(voiceover): Shine Aqua Illusion!

(a fire blast is seen)

Mars(voiceover): Burning Mandala!

(a thunderbolt blast is seen)

Jupiter(voiceover): Sparkling Wide Pressure!

(a chain made of hearts appears)

Venus(voiceover): Venus Love Me Chain!

(When we see Brock again, he's frozen on one half, small fires dot him, thunderbolts criss cross his upper half, and the Venus Love Me Chain is wrapped around his legs)

Brock: Ow... (hops off)

Misty: Thanks, you guys... (Luna climbs on the drawing board to watch as Misty goes to work)

(On Our Way interlude plays as title card appears-'Back to the Drawing Board' with Misty". Misty's face appears in the o in "Board")

(A white screen appears, presumably to simulate a blank piece of paper.)
    (Brock is drawn on the screen in his normal clothes)

Luna(voiceover): I wonder how our character would fare as a Sailor Senshi?

(The pencil draws a transformation stick at Brock's feet)

Brock: Onix, Pokemon power! Make Up!

(Cue transformation sequence)

(When Brock emerges, he's now in an elaborate gray vest and matching pants)

Misty(voiceover): Here's a youma for you, Sailor Onix. (the pencil draws a Tyranitar-like monster)

Brock: Jewel Blaster! (various gemstones emerge from Brock's hands and rain on the monster)

Luna(voiceover): Good work, Sailor Onix! Now use your Strata Bolt attack!

Brock: Strata Bolt! (a spear of rock pierces the monster)

(The monster gets mad, chasing Brock into the real world!)

(a dust cloud ensues as the Senshi look on)

(Finally, Brock emerges from the cloud (in his normal clothes) and grabs an eraser)

Brock: Onix Rocky Eraser! (erases the monster)

Moon: Luna, why can't I have a magic eraser?

Mars: It would make some battles end quicker... (pets Pikachu)

Pikachu: Chu? (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Much Ado About Babysitting")

(We join Ash onstage as the Senshi emerge from backstage--Brock is nearby, tuning his guitar. May is prepping the Transporter)

Moon: That was fun!

Ash: We have one last thing for you before you return...take it Brock.

::guitar intro::

Brock: Will you miss me when I'm gone?
    Will you remember all the good times we've had?
    The hardest thing about leaving is saying goodbye.

We'll always be the greatest of friends.
    I'll miss you more than I can say.
    And when I'm blue, I'll just dream about you.
    I'll be only a memory away....

(guitar solo)

And when I'm blue, I'll just dream about you.

You're something special to me.
    Friendship is something that money can't buy.
    And if you need me, you know that I'll be there for you.

And when you dream, I'll be there for you.

And when you dream, I'll be there for you.
    I'll be only a memory away-i-ay.... (applause as Brock bows. He waves goodbye as the portal with the Senshi inside closes up)

Brock: Farewell, my lovely ones! May you always keep fighting for love and justice!

Misty: Here, watch this... (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Food Fetish")

(We join Ash and the gang onstage)

Ash: Well, we're about out of time...

May: Meeting the Sailors was nice!

Brock: She is so beautiful...(admires a picture of Moon)

Ash: See you next time!

Pikachu: Pikachu! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" plays as the credits roll)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
  • ANP #028: I Wanna Be a Hero

Cue OP-On Our Way-as the song plays, we see various shots of the Pokemon cast in the backstage area, getting ready for a show: Misty walks past one member of the lighting crew, making her trip and drop her paints, which color some of the notes on Brock's sheet music. He tries to clean the music, only to get walloped by a basketball in the face (thrown by May) Pikachu runs past all of this, down a hallway, and through a door with a star on it marked "Ash". He cries "Pika!" and points at a clock, which is ticking dangerously close to "Show Time!" Ash notices the time on the clock and ducks behind a screen to get ready, when he finishes, he's now decked out in a red top hat (with the same design as his cap) and tails. Ash then runs head on at the camera and makes a flying entrance onto a stage as the song concludes)

Brock: Attention supervillains: Please refrain from taking over the world while the show is in session. (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(applause as Ash runs onstage and waves to the crowd)

Ash: Thank you! Tonight--(spots Brock messing with the buttons again) Uh-oh!

(Misty runs onstage, concerned)

Misty: What's happening?

Transporter: Coordinates entered: 081405 Destination: Earth 619

Misty: What universe is that?

Ash: Beats me...

(Six people appear and two appear to have light blue skin, webbed hands and dark green eyes. One is a male wearing a dark green and gold uniform with a black manta ray symbol. The other is a green haired lady wearing purple and pink. The rest include: A blonde woman in a blue and gold uniform, a Redheaded woman with a uniform like Jenna's but it has a miniskirt and a midrif. The other two are a tanned man with a red and white uniform and giant white bird-like wings. The last is a man in a blue and white uniform. He is of African American descent and he begins to speak.)

Marcus: What a way to get to one of your, gigs, 'quita!

Aquita: Marcus, I didn't plan this!

Ash: Who are you guys?

Jenna: Hang on guys. (holds hands up) We're the Starbolts, a division of the Agents of S.T.A.R. My name is Javelin. We're superheroes.

Crystal: Pfft, Nice first contact, Blondie. Guy with the vest over there's cute. (waves in Brock's direction) Hiyah Sugah!

Brock: Hello there, my lovely one! (laughter)

(Crystal walks over and puts hand around Brock)

Crystal: Why hello there. (smooch on the cheek) What do you say we ditch the losers and find a nice place to (whisper in Brock's ear)

M'anta: Okay, Crystal..you can turn off the act! (pulls her away.) Sorry about that, Brock. Oh and name's M'anta J'arrsti. I'm prince of my world.

Aquita: Yeah. I'm his older sister, Aquita (feels Mateo behind her)That guy with the wings is Mateo.

Mateo: Hola. How are you guys?

Aquita: And last we have Marcus.

Marcus: (runs up to Misty at superspeed) Hey there, red. How's it going? I'm the fastest man alive. Check this out! (runs and comes back with flowers)

Misty: Thank you...I think. (takes the flowers and sniffs them)

Ash: Let's start the cartoon...

(CARTOON-"The Superhero Secret", part 1)

(The Starbolts watch, wide-eyed, as Ash rewinds the reel)

Marcus: What in the world was that?! *jaw drops*

Jenna: Umm..you do realize we don't act like that when we do stuff.

M'anta: I would hope not. Is that guy like ripping off a comic character?

Mateo: Yeah, amigo. Totally rips off Batman.

Crystal: Pfft loser was so fat..It's a wonder he FIT in that uniform.

Jenna: Crystal..mind your manners would you.

Crystal: Like I care. (crosses arms)

May: That's nothing compared to my first trip to Petalburg Highlands

Marcus: Petalburg Highlands? What's Petalburg?

M'anta: I have no clue. Why's that yellow animal looking at me funny? (instinctively sparks a bit)

Ash: Pikachu's just curious about you, okay?

M'anta: Okay. (powers down and picks up Pikachu)

May: Here's my trip to Petalburg Highlands...(the Starbolts listen intently)

("On Our Way" interlude as the title card appears: "'Par for the Course' starring May" May's face appears in the round part of the a in her name)

(Flashback-May is struggling to put on a golf shirt)

May(voiceover): It started by getting the dumb shirt on...half the ones we bought were either too small...(we see May with the shirt bunched around her) or too big (May is buried in the shirt, making it hard for her to see.)

Ash(voiceover): You had a shirt that fit, didn't you?

May: Yeah...but having Eevee in it with me didn't help! (laughter as May struggles to get a shirt on; some results include Eevee peeking in the headhole, May's head in an armhole, May's and Eevee's heads in one armhole, and May's and Eevee's heads in opposite armholes)

Brock: So we got dressed and on the course... (a remote appears and fast fowards the flashback, stopping at a shot of May preparing to tee off on the first hole)

May: Then I had to tell Eevee the ball wasn't supposed to be fetched! (laughter as May tees off...but Eevee brings the ball back. May tees off again...but Eevee brings it back again...May sighs in frustration as Eevee brings the ball back--the words THE END appear on the ball)

Jenna: Interesting way to play golf.

Aquita: That Earth sport's really confuses me.

M'anta: I know what you mean, 'Quita. Give me hoverball any day.

(Ash just sighs and starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"The Superhero Secret", part 2)

Mateo: Okay, could this "Gligarman"guy be any more dense? How is he supposed to fight bad guys and seriously..Team Rocket talks too much.

Aquita: Easy, amasa (peck on the cheek) Don't get worked up.

Crystal: Oh would you two find a room?!

Ash: Break it up, girls! (pulls Aquita and Crystal apart.) Now...we usually have a musical number at this time...

Aquita: Music? Allow me!

(music begins as Aquita appears in a spotlight)

Aquita: Mmm hmm..Ooh yeah!
    When you look to the sky they're there.
    Anytime anywhere..they seem to not have a care.
    But, you should know..
    That inside you there's a hero, too.
    Just waiting to be born!

(music picks up and Aquita twirls around to face the audiance and moves to the music as the band keeps up with the Pop style song with drums, guitars and keyboards upping the pace)

Heroes! They're all about savin' the world!
    Any time. Any place. Have you heard?
    You can be a hero too. Just believe in your heart.
    It's a great place to start!
    And you can someone's hero, too!

(Aquita continues to dance as Mateo comes on stage too and she starts dancing around him and continues to sing as he dances as Aquita dances around him. The spotlights shift around as Aquita starts to sing again.)

It doesn't matter if you have wings.
    All you need is a special thing.
    Your heart will know and guide you so because that's how the heroes know...
    They've made a difference in our lives.
    You just need to let yours out and start to shout
    "I can be a hero, too!"

(Mateo grins and takes to the air around the stage and flies around as blue lights dazzle around him. Funny thing is..HE's generating them. Aquita smiles and the band continues to play a fast beat and slows down.)

If you find the world is caving in.
    And you want to be someone's friend.
    All you need to do is look inside and be the hero too!
    Just look inside and fill your heart with pride!
    You can be a hero for all time!

(Aquita starts her big finish by clapping her hands and tapping her foot to the beat again.)

(The last word "Too" extends for a few seconds and Aquita bows as the other Starbolts take the stage and bow too.)

Ash: I think Brock has a song for Mateo and Aquita... (spotlight appears on Brock (guitar in hand) and the band)

(music begins)

Brock: If you wish, upon a star, your dreams will come true...
    Why should you wait for them, when they'll always come back to you?
    Dream big, trust in yourself, and you will go far...
    And when the big day comes, the joy will consume you!

A journey has begun, to search and find the meaning of true love
    All the stars, in the sky, guide me on my way!

This is my wish for you,
    I can't just live for now...I'm living for my dream!
    Show me now, that your love won't fade away! So don't rush it!
    And so, until my dream day comes, I'll think of you
    What lies ahead, and after a dream?

See the waves, and how they weave forever in time...
    Have you lost your touch, are you hiding in fantasy?
    Take your time, and think about whatever's in store...
    And when I need your strength, carry me in your arms!

When you are here with me, I feel like I am stronger every day!
    And our love, will increase, to maybe hundredfold!

This is my wish for you,
    Consume me in your love! Please spread it round the world!
    Show me that your strength is in your heart! And you're gentle,
    So, your love is really true; come let me see!
    I'll tell you just the way I feel! The flower of the sea blooms on!

[guitar solo]

Take good care of this...
    After the dream is gone, I'll always look at you,
    And remember the love that we shared, till forever!
    Then, I whisper my promise, my word of hope!
    The light will forever shine on!

This is my wish for you,
    I can't just live for now...I'm living for my dream!
    Show me now, that your love won't fade away! So don't rush it!
    And so, until my dream day comes, I'll think of you

(Aquita and Mateo dance to the song and look deeply into each other's eyes. Jenna and M'anta do the same but the camera's on Mateo and Aquita. They applaud when the song ends. Pikachu, meanwhile, hops over to the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"The Superhero Secret", part 3)

Aquita: So, the girl becomes the hero?

Jenna: All right! WOO!

Crystal: Eh..I give her three days before some freak pops her or something.

Marcus: Always looking to the bright side aren't ya?

Mateo: Least the supervillian wannabes are gone. Seriously, Ash..Why do those mroons give you trouble? If it was me, I'd have zapped them the first time thry tried to steal from me and toss their loser butts in the slammer.

Ash: So, what are your powers, exactly?

Jenna: I can shoot fire from my hands, control wind, water and heal people.

M'anta: I have bio electric powers and flight. And like all Aquans I'm telepathic and I can breathe underwater.

Aquita: I can use a sonic scream. Plus, I have my natural Aquan abilitiies. We're not from anywhere around here.

Marcus: I run at speeds up to the speed of sound, baby! Yeah!

Mateo: And he's got a mouth to match..(laughter as he shakes his head) Obviously, I can fly on these wings and I have a conduit on my ring finger to release my energy blasts.

Crystal: Ah can create all kinds of Crystalline weapons, cutie. (kiss)

Brock: ::guitar riff::

Ash: I gathered as much.

Misty: So who's the bad guys you fight?

Jenna: We fight Terra Nova. They are a group that hate (holds M'anta's hand) aliens like my boyfriend here.

M'anta: They killed my father. (eyes sparkle with electricity.) My friends and I'll take them down.

Mateo: They're also after anyone with metahuman DNA like myself and everyone who calls themselve a protecter of the innocent. Some gig huh? We try to fight and some people can't take it.

Marcus: Yeah but we'll stop them. We have a great mentor and everything.

Ash: Good luck!

Jenna: Thanks. You're lucky you don't have to deal with them.

Brock: How do you know when there's trouble? ::guitar riff::

M'anta: News reports or intel. The Agents of S.T.A.R. is a an organization funded by the US government. We respond to distress calls or any danger happening through reports.

Brock: I see...::guitar riff::

May: How many Starbolts are there?

Jenna: There's twelve of us. I know it seems like a big team, but, we split into rotating groups to handle things.

Mateo: Yeah, you managed to nab us six when we were at the base. The others were out on a mission

Ash: Aquita, I noticed M'anta and Jenna nand you and Mateo holding hands a lot. Isn't it odd dating an alien?

Aquita: Not really. You'd be amazed to learn that we're genetically compatible. In fact..I'm pregnant with Mateo's baby. (light applause)

Mateo: (blush) Yeah. We're having a kid and dealing with all kinds of stuff.

M'anta: It's interesting to say the least. Luckily, my dad was an open guy despite being king. I'm wearing his armor to honor him.

(A bagpipe drone is heard, getting everyone's attention. A spotlight appears on Brock, in full Highlander attire, playing "Amazing Grace" on a set of bagpipes. Wild applause ensues when the song concludes)

Mateo: Interesting song...

Ash: It's a scared song here on Earth. It's usually played when someone important dies.

Aquita: I sang the Independance Day song when my dad's funeral came.

Jenna: To think, this all started when we were sixteen! (laughter) One day we didn't have powers and the next we're fighting to protect Earth. I have this deep connection with M'anta and well, that's how we clicked.

(a cell phone beep startles everyone)

Jenna: (picks up) Kevin? Kevin, can you read us?

Kevin: Yeah. Barely. We're trying to lock onto you with my transdimensional gateway. We've been trying to while we watched you. Crystal behaving?

Crystal: Puh-leaze! (rolls eyes)

Kevin: Well, we figured out how to get you home. Try to remain calm for a couple minutes.

Jenna: Okay, cuz. (closes.) That was my cousin, Kevin. He's the tech whiz on the team and creates psionic arrows. (suddenly the Transporter's portal opens. Ash waves goodbye as the Starbolts depart.)

Ash: Well, THAT was certainly different...we're out of time already.

Misty: See ya! (waves)

Pikachu: Pikapi! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" reprise plays as the credits roll)

THE END

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Years
  • ANP #029: Totodile Trouble

Brock: Eat your heart out, Totodile Hunter. (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(The crowd cheers as Ash jogs onstage and waves)

Ash: Thank you! We've got a great show for you tonight as always...

(Before Ash can say any more, the familiar Tetris theme starts playing in the background. A troupe of Totodiles dances onstage, apparently enjoying the music)

Ash: What's with the dancing Totodiles? (ponders this as the dancing Totodiles swirl and jump around him. Before long Misty arrives onstage, perplexed by the ornate figures the Totodiles create as they dance)

Misty: Either your own Totodile decided to thank you for featuring by creating copies of himself using Double Team, or he invited a few friends over...

Ash: He invited a lot more than a few! Maybe... (crawls through the mess of dancing Totodiles and starts the projector. The Totodiles abandon their dance and crowd around the screen to watch the cartoon)

(CARTOON-"The Totodile Duel")

(Backstage, Misty sets up the drawing board while the Totodiles applaud the cartoon)

Misty: Come to think of it, these little guys aren't that bad to have around...(looks down to see all the Totodiles crowded around her) Uh...

Ash: I think they want to watch you draw, Misty.

Misty: I'll draw if you guys behave yourselves! (goes to work)

(On Our Way interlude plays as title card appears-'Back to the Drawing Board' with Misty". Misty's face appears in the o in "Board")

Random Totodile: Toto! (the pencil draws a crude looking Totodile next to Brock, who promptly chomps Brock's hand)

Brock: Augh! (runs around the paper, the crude Totodile drawing in hot pursuit!)

Misty(voiceover): I'll save you! (the pencil erases the crude drawing) Now, this is how you draw a Totodile. (the pencil draws a nicer looking Totodile next to Brock, followed by the scene of a pond. The Totodile promptly jumps in the water, leaving Brock to chase after it.

Brock: Here goes... (holds his breath and dives in)

(After some swimming, Brock catches up to the Totodile, scoops it in his arms--and then he feels tightness in his throat.)

Brock(thinking): I'd better come up for air...(He swims to the surface and sets the Totodile on the bank. No sooner has he done this, does he discover there's a lot more Totodiles on the bank. They all dive in the water, making the splashes spell "The End")

(The Totodiles giggle as Misty draws the last scene)

Misty: You like that, huh? (the Totodiles nod)

Ash: If we hurry, we can hear Brock sing a song! (The Totodiles lead the charge onstage, where Brock is tuning his guitar)

Misty: Make it good...

Brock: I have just the song...

(guitar intro)

Brock: Close your eyes tonight and wish upon a shooting star!
    See it fly into a million points of light!
    Every promise, hope and prayer becomes a jeweled star!
    And I believe deep inside my heart that fate, will lead us on...

I've broken free from a cold wave of doubt...
    Yet, I don't know why I'm crying...
    And so I turn, looking away from everyone...
    Silently, I vanish in the night air...
    I'm searching endlessly for something that I lost!
    My heart is aching painfully!
    And as the falling rain consumes me, soothes me...
    I will never stop singing this song for you!

If the morning sun should come again and shine once more,
    Oh, how I'd want that sunny day eternally!
    If we meet again, my joy, my love, my everything,
    Would become like jewels, and everyone would know...of a miracle...

My heart is open, let my dreams come forth...
    Please, don't let anything surprise you...
    I can't stop now, for I have come so far today,
    And I must...remain pure, strong, and faithful...
    The item that I lost will remain in my sight!
    And may the world forever turn...

Close your eyes tonight and wish upon a shooting star!
    See it fly into a million points of light!
    Every promise, hope and prayer becomes a jeweled star!
    And I believe deep inside my heart that fate, will lead us on...

[guitar solo]

The item that I lost will remain in my sight!
    And may the world forever turn...

If the morning sun should come again and shine once more,
    Oh, how I'd want that sunny day eternally!
    If we meet again, my joy, my love, my everything,
    Would become like jewels, and everyone would know...of a miracle...

[guitar solo]

(The Totodiles lead the cheers as Brock breaks off for a long solo...Ash, meanwhile, slips to the projector and starts it. As if on cue, the Totodiles are magically before the screen again)

(CARTOON-"Love, Totodile Style")

(We join Ash, Pikachu, and one Totodile onstage)

Ash: Well...we're about out of time for tonight...

(some "Aww"s are heard from the audience. The Totodiles sniffle a little to hold back tears)

Ash: Hey, don't cry! We'll do this again tomorrow, same Pokemon time, same Pokemon Channel! (The Totodiles cheer) Until then, see ya next time! (waves)

Pikachu: Pika! (waves as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" reprise plays as the credits roll)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
  • ANP #030: Pokemon Works

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene in a blue Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses)

Brock: We've got laughs, we've got songs...you know, the works! (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(Applause as Ash runs onstage and waves at the crowd)

Ash: Thank you! Tonight, we're going to kick off a series of shows paying tribute to the Brains of the Battle Frontier--so join me in welcoming Noland to the stage. (leads the applause as Noland walks onstage and shakes hands with Ash)

Noland: A pleasure to be with you, Ash. (suddenly remembers someone and calls offstage) Here, Icy...

(Some oohs and ahs are heard as an Articuno appears onstage)

Noland: You remember Icy, don't you?

Ash: After Charizard battled her, how could I not forget? (Icy ruffles her feathers a little, prompting some laughter)

(Noland is about to say more when the girls come onstage, awed by the Articuno nearby)

Misty: I didn't know Articunos could be tamed!

May: Hi, Icy...remember me? (Icy lowers her hed, letting May pet her)

Noland: I'd say she does, May...

May: Misty, this is Noland, chief of the Battle Factory.

Misty: Pleased to meet you. (shakes Noland's hand)

Noland: The pleasure's all mine. (Icy presents a reel to Noland) Thank you, Icy...want to watch this and relive our battle, Ash?

Ash: Sure! (settles in as Noland threads the reel in the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"A Frozen Flame")

(May smiles as Noland ejects the reel)

Misty: So that's how you met Icy...

Noland: We've been together for a long time...I don't know what I'd do without her...

Brock: Hey, May...tell us more of your golfing adventure.

May: Okay...the first hole of Petalburg Highlands was a real headache...

("On Our Way" interlude as the title card appears: "'Par for the Course' starring May" May's face appears in the round part of the a in her name)

(Flashback-May is preparing to tee off on the first hole)

May(voiceover): After explaining to Eevee that the ball was not for fetching, I finally teed off without a hitch. (May tees off...the ball lands on the fairway)

(Beautifly fies over and perches on the ball as May arrives for her second shot)

May: The trouble started on my second shot... (May is about to take her second shot when some singing breaks her concentration. She looks up to see a Taillow perched in a tree, singing its heart out. Combusken trots up to the tree and says "Sh!", quieting the Taillow)

Ash(voiceover): So a Taillow distracted you?

May(voiceover): That's not even the half of it...(May takes her second shot...) Munchlax just had to have the ball for lunch as well! (Munchlax jumps up and swallows the ball mid flight. May storms up to him, and administers the Heimlich manuver, sending the slobber covered ball into the grass)

Brock(voiceover): Ick...

May: So after getting a new ball, the rest of the hole went with no problems. (May putts the ball in the hole, prompting applause from her team. We see May's scorecard as the flashback fades: -1.)

(We rejoin Ash and the gang onstage)

Noland: If the first hole was that interesting, I'm sure the other seventeen are, too!

May: They are, trust me... (threads a reel in the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"Charred For Life", part 1)

(We rejoin Ash, Noland, and Icy onstage)

Ash: Now...this is the musical part of the show...Brock has a great voice, so you're in for a treat! (steps aside as Noland and icy settle in)

(a disco beat begins as the lights come up on Brock(who is strumming away on his trusty guitar) and the band. Some oohs and ahhs are heard as a disco ball descends into the room as well)

Brock: Down around the corner
    A half a mile from here
    You can see them long trains run
    And you watch them disappear
    Without love,
    Where would you be now?
    Without love?

You know I saw Miss Lucy
    Down along the tracks...
    She lost her home and her family,
    And she won't be comin' back
    Without love....
    Where would you be right now,
    Without love?

Well, the Illinois Central
    And the Southern Central freight
    Gotta keep on pushin' mama,
    'cause you know they're runnin' late
    Without love!
    Where would you be now... now, now, now,
    Without love?

(the audience goes wild as Ash takes a harmonica from his pocket and joins in with Brock and the band)

Brock: Well, the Illinois Central
    And the Southern Central freight
    Gotta keep on pushin' mama,
    'cause you know they're runnin' late
    Without love!
    Where would you be now,
    Without love?

Well, the pistons keep on churnin'
    And the wheels go 'round and 'round,
    And the steel rails are cold and hard
    For the miles that they go down!
    Without love...
    Where would you be right now,
    Without love?
    Where would you be now?

(dance break-Misty dances over to the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"Charred for Life", part 2)

(We rejoin the cast, Noland, and Icy onstage. Icy is still dancing to the beat of the song from earller)

Ash: Well, we're about out of time for tonight...thank you for coming, Noland...

Noland: My pleasure...I didn't know you could play the harmonica so well...

Ash: I've had practice...(takes out his harmonica again) See ya next time!

Pikachu: Pika pi! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. A disco version of "On Our Way" plays in the background (complete with a harmonica) as the credits roll)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
  • ANP #031: Enter the Pikachu

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene in a blue Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses)

Brock: Everybody was kung fu fighting... (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(Applause as Ash runs onstage and waves to the crowd)

Ash: Thank you! We wanna continue our look at the Frontier Brains tonight...so we'll set our sights to the Battle Arena, where their leader may be beautiful, but she does pack a punch...literally! (mild laughter) That said, let's welcome Greta to the stage.

(an Oriental sounding tune drifts into the audience as Greta appears onstage in a swirl of cherry blossom petals. Applause ensues as Greta and Ash bow to each other)

Greta: It is an honor to be with you this evening, Ash.

Ash: The pleasure's all ours. (He's about to say more when he sees Misty examining a cherry blossom petal) What's the matter? It's only a flower petal.

Misty: Judging from all these lying around, I thought you were starting to show a martial arts movie, or something.

Greta: I don't know about a martial arts movie, but we can watch how our duel in the Arena played out. (forms a reel of film, threads it in the projector, and starts it)

(CARTOON-"Big Trouble in Little Kanto", part 1)

(Backstage, Greta observes Misty at the drawing board, where she's drawing characters reminescent of Japanese characters. As each character is drawn, it comes to life as the object it represents.)

Greta: You must be a natural at Mew calligraphy! All of these look nice. (gestures to the various characters on the paper)

Misty: Thanks...I didn't know it was this easy either. (draws another character, which comes to life as a Pikachu for a few seconds, then fades away)

Greta: It isn't as easy as it looks, Nincada...it takes years of devotion to do it well.

Misty: Not to mention a lot of fun if you draw them with magic pencils! (at this, Pikachu snatches one of the pencils and draws a ninja's headband on himself. He strikes a few fighting poses as Misty continues to work)

Misty(voiceover): I wonder how Brock would fare training under you? (the pencil draws a ninja outfit on Brock, then draws in a background of the Battle Arena.)

Greta(voiceover): Maybe your mystical pencil will tell us. (the pencil draws Greta facing Brock. They bow to each other.)

Misty(voiceover): Okay...first we'll start with the bamboo staff. (the pencil draws a bamboo staff in Brock's hand. He immediately starts to twirl it in various postions...but then he gets a little carried away with the twirling.)

Greta(voiceover): Now listen to me, Nincada...that's not a baton, that is a staff for battle...

Misty: I think you're a little late... (Brock flies overhead, using the spinning staff as a propellor)

(Later, Brock stands before a block of wood.)

Greta(voiceover): Now, try to break the wood with your feet.

(Brock runs up to the block of wood and tries to kick it, but the impact of the kick sends him flying...into a gong overlooking the Arena. Brock rubs his head in pain as "The End" appears in Mew characters.)

(Greta giggles as Misty draws the last scene)

Greta: I don't know if any of my trainees have done that before...usually they break the wood after two or three tries...

Misty: Forget wood breaking, your duel with Ash was more exciting! (threads reel into projector)

Greta: Oh yes, I nearly forgot about that...(settles in as Misty starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Big Trouble in Little Kanto", part 2)

(Ash arrives backstage just as the cartoon concludes)

Ash: If you'll come with me, we can relax to some guitar music...

Greta: This should be relaxing... (closes her eyes as she listens to Brock tune up)

Ash: Whenever you're ready, Maestro.

Brock: Oh.... (music begins) Oh...oh....oh....

Greta(over the music): Oh, he's singing my song!

Brock: Everybody was kung-fu fighting....
    Those steps were fast as lightning!
    In fact, it was a little bit frightening,
    But they fought with expert timing!

They were funky China men from funky Chinatown,
    They were chopping them up, and they were chopping them down!
    It's an ancient Chinese art, and everybody knew their part,
    From a feint into a slip, and kicking from the hip!

Everybody was kung-fu fighting...
    Those steps were fast as lightning!
    In fact, it was a little bit frightening,
    But they fought with expert timing!

There was funky Billy Chin and little Sammy Chung
    He said, "Here comes the big boss,

Ash, Greta, et.al: Huh! Hah! (they strike fighting poses)

Brock: Lets get it on!"
    We took a bow and made a stand, started swinging with the hand.
    The sudden motion made me skip, now we're into a brand new trip!

Everybody was kung-fu fighting...

Ash, Greta, et.al: Huh! (they strike fighting poses)

Brock: Those steps were fast as lightning!

Ash, et al: Hah! (they strike another fighting pose)

Brock: In fact it was a little bit frightening,

Ash, et al: Hah!

Brock: But they did it with expert timing!

Ash, et al: Huh!

Brock: Oh...

Ash, et al: Huh!

(The others continue to strike fighting poses as Brock continues singing the Oh.... Pikachu runs over to the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"Big Trouble in Little Kanto", part 3)

(We join Ash, Pikachu, and Greta onstage)

Ash: Well, we're almost out of time....

Greta: You know, you should have used Pikachu during our duel...he looks like a natural! (gestures to Pikachu striking fighting poses)

Ash: See you next time! (he and Greta wave goodbye)

Pikachu: Pi-ka! (he leaps at the camera, but the screen goes black at the point of impact. An Oriental sounding version of "On Our Way" plays as the credits roll)

THE END

Back