• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ash and Pikachu Show! (Season 2)

PokemonTrainerLisa

Ash fangirl
Years
  • Yay!!

That was the best episode ever!!!! ^_^

*applauds Lightning Topaz*

Thank you so much for doing it for me.

It made me laugh so much, especially at the end.

And I loved Ash's line where he said, "Thanks...I do appreciate my human form.".

Hehe, that was hilarious.

LOL. XD

And by the way, I didn't say Lily appeared in the Orange Islands, I said she appeared back in Johto.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Maybe you can edit your post on here and on Bulbagarden by saying Johto.

And also, Brock was there when Ash first got turned into a Pikachu, but May and Max weren't (that's why I was surprised they weren't in this one).

That's another little mistake I noticed.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
  • Forgive me for mixing up my seasons...I was pretty sure that episode aired in the Island arc...

Today: Team Rocket bombards the show with commecials...but Ash and co. fight back! (also a field test for more mess)

EmeraldSky

Years
  • ANP #042: Too Many Words From Our Sponsors

(Cue OP-On Our Way-as the song plays, we see various shots of the Pokemon cast in the backstage area, getting ready for a show: Misty walks past one member of the lighting crew, making her trip and drop her paints, which color some of the notes on Brock's sheet music. He tries to clean the music, only to get walloped by a basketball in the face (thrown by May) Pikachu runs past all of this, down a hallway, and through a door with a star on it marked "Ash". He cries "Pika!" and points at a clock, which is ticking dangerously close to "Show Time!" Ash notices the time on the clock and ducks behind a screen to get ready, when he finishes, he's now decked out in a red top hat (with the same design as his cap) and tails. Ash then runs head on at the camera and makes a flying entrance onto a stage as the song concludes)

Female announcer: And now, it's time for the Ash and Pikachu Show!

(Pikachu climbs onto Ash's shoulder and smiles as the title card flies in from the right, a short clip of "On Our Way" in the background)

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene in his normal clothes and sunglasses)

Brock: Beware of imitations, accept no substitutes, batteries not included. (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(Applause as Ash runs onstage to greet the crowd)

Ash: Thank you! I just want to take a minute to let our sponsors know how much we appriciate them....

(Meanwhile, in a Team Rocket base, Jessie, James, and Meowth watch "The Ash and Pikachu Show" on a TV)

Jessie: There he goes, thanking the little people again...

Meowth: We could try and get recognition on da show again, but who knows what song da twerps have planned for tonight?

James: This time, how about we annoy the audience?

Meowth: Yeah! We could annoy da audience with commoicials! With a lot of commoicials, the audience won't wanna watch! We'll put so many commoicials on da show, the audience will leave...(we see the audience leaving the theater while the gang continues the show...) and den, it'll be time for "Da Team Rocket Show!"

(Meowth's dream sequence-A messed up version of "On Our Way" plays as various Rocket grunts get ready for a show, in a clever parody of our show's opening, culminating in James making a flying leap onto the stage in a purple top hat and tails, clearly parodying Ash. A female announcer calls "And now, it's time for the Team Rocket Show!" Meowth makes a jump into the air as the parody title card flies in from the right...but a familiar face pops up after the title card...)

Wobbufett: WAAAAA-BA-FETT!

Meowth: Who said you could be on da show? (shoos Wobbufett away)

James: Commercials...what a great idea! (grabs a few products and leads his comrades out the door)

(Back in the theater, Ash is winding up his sponsor spiel)

Ash: ...and so, to all our sponsors, I say, thank you! (a crash is heard) Huh?

(The lights come up on Team Rocket)

Jessie: To protect the viewers from devastation...

James: And broadcast our own show throughout our nation...

Jessie: To announce the the evils of truth and love,

James: To extend your knowledge far above...

Jessie: Jessie!

James: James!

Jessie: Team Rocket! Broadcast at the speed of light!

James: Surrender now, or see black and white...

Meowth: Meowth! Dat's right! And have we got a deal for you!

Ash: Huh?

Meowth: Presenting the Shlocko Pasta Pot 3000! (a pot with holes in the lid is seen) Now you won't have to worry about a mess when draining pasta, cause all da water comes out of da lid! (demonstrates over a sink, but the lid comes off, sending the pasta down the drain.)

Ash: That's really neat, but we really need to get on with the show. (shoos Team Rocket offstage and starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"The Poke-Spokesperson", part 1)

(Backstage, Ah talks to Misty)

Ash: What are we gonna do, Misty? Team Rocket's crashing the show with commercials for useless knick-knacks that never work...

James: How do you know that THIS doesn't work? (shoves a flashlight in Ash's face)

Misty: What's that?

James: This, my friend is the Acme EverBurn Flashlight! Guaranteed to never burn out or your money back!

Misty: Oh really? Then why do I smell smoke?

(James looks down and notices that his flashlight's in flames...he quickly darts backstage)

Misty: Now to draw something...(walks backstage to the drawing board..but Jessie stops her)

Jessie: Clutter cramping your space? Then you need some Shlocko Vacuum Bags! (holds up some large plastic bags in Misty's face)

Misty: Oooh... (stomps up to Jessie) How dare you interrupt my drawing time with a sales pitch? (continues to scream at Jessie as Ash sneaks over to the projector)

Ash: Due to technical difficulties, "Back to the Drawing Board' with Misty" will not be seen today...

Brock: Who said they were technical? (watches as Ash starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"The Poke-Spokesperson", part 2)

(Backstage, Brock enters the prop room in search of something to fight Team Rocket)

Brock: Let's see what we've got in here that would work is a Team Rocket repellent... (rummages through the props until he spots a bag full of green powder) Hmm... (studies the bag) Acme Powdered Slime Mix? Hmm...

(After making some slime and rigging a bucket of it over Team Rocket...)

Brock(to the audience): I saw this on TV once, guys, and you may remember it too...when Team Rocket says "I don't know" they'll get a nice surprise....

(Back onstage, Team Rocket is plugging another product)

James: ...is there anything this cannot do?

Jessie: I don't know....

(Brock yanks the rope to tip the bucket, sliming Jessie)

Jessie: Okay, who slimed me?

Meowth: I dunno...

(Brock triggers another bucket, sliming Meowth. May hands him another slime bucket, which Brock rigs to his apparatus. Ash and Misty continue making more slime)

Meowth: Dah! Now my fur's all green!

James: Where's the slime coming from?

Jessie: I don't know... (Jessie is slimed again)

May: This is fun! (delivers another slime bucket to Brock)

Meowth: Let's get out of here before we get even more messy! (Team Rocket flees out the stage door, to thunderous applause. Ash mops up the mess onstage before addressing the audience.)

Ash: Well, it's about that time....

May: What time?

Ash: I don't know... (braces himself for slime, but no slime comes) Hey, it doesn't work!

Brock: That's because Team Rocket's gone, Ash...

Ash: If Muk were here, he'd use Toxic!

(No sooner does Ash say "Toxic" does purple slime come falling onto him)

May: I think the prop crew found your apparatus, Brock.... (laughter as Ash storms backstage to clean up)

Brock: Looks like I'll be saying goodbye... (to the audience) Thanks for coming, and we'll see ya next time!

Pikachu: Pika pi! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" reprise plays as the credits roll. After the credits run, the curtain reopens and we see Ash, now clean.)

Ash: Note to self: Don't say Toxic. (Ash is slimed again, and the curtain closes to end the show.)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
  • ANP #043: Portrait of a Master

(Cue OP-On Our Way-as the song plays, we see various shots of the Pokemon cast in the backstage area, getting ready for a show: Misty walks past one member of the lighting crew, making her trip and drop her paints, which color some of the notes on Brock's sheet music. He tries to clean the music, only to get walloped by a basketball in the face (thrown by May) Pikachu runs past all of this, down a hallway, and through a door with a star on it marked "Ash". He cries "Pika!" and points at a clock, which is ticking dangerously close to "Show Time!" Ash notices the time on the clock and ducks behind a screen to get ready, when he finishes, he's now decked out in a red top hat (with the same design as his cap) and tails. Ash then runs head on at the camera and makes a flying entrance onto a stage as the song concludes)

(Pikachu climbs onto Ash's shoulder and smiles as the title card flies in from the right, a short clip of "On Our Way" in the background)

Brock: Wait a second...are you SURE it's time for the show? (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(Applause as Ash runs onstage and waves to the crowd)

Ash: Thank you...tonight we take a look at one of my other companions--more specifically, a Pokemon watcher that joined up with Misty and i while we traveled in the Orange Islands. (applause) So, please welcome Tracey to the stage. (applause as a spotlight appears at stage right, but nobody enters.

Misty(offstage): Did someone forget to tell him he's on?

(Backstage, a stagehand knocks at the door of Tracey's dressing room.)

Stagehand: Mister Sketchit, you're on!

Tracey: Be right there! (continues a drawing, oblivious to the knocking from outside)

(back onstage, Ash paces the floor)

Ash: Where IS Tracey, anyway? I asked the stagehands to tell him when he's on...

Pikachu: Pika! (darts backstage and down to the dressing room hallway, where he notices one door ajar. He darts inside and hops up on a desk facing Tracey.) Chupi!

Tracey: Huh? (puts his drawing away)

Pikachu: Pikapi pika chu! (leads Tracey outside and onstage, to light applause.)

Ash: Thanks, Pikachu...(to Tracey) What took so long?

Tracey: I had to finish this sketch of a Magikarp. (displays his sketch to the audience, making oohs and ahhs waft through the crowd)

Misty: Reminds me of the time we met that crazy Magikarp watcher...

Tracey: I remember that! What was that guy's name? (ponders this as Brock wheels out the projector)

Ash: Maybe this cartoon should help? (threads a reel in the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"The Wacky Watcher!")

(We see the inside of a radio's CD player, empty. Some hands that look like Ash's put in a red and blue CD, which plays a remix of "Gotta Catch'em All!" After a few minutes, the hands change the CD to a gold and silver one, which plays a remix of "Born to Be a Champion". After a few more seconds, the hands change the CD to a CD shaped like Pikachu's head, which plays a slightly glitched version of "On Our Way". A female annoucer says "You're watching 'The Ash and Pikachu Show'!" as the Pikachu shaped CD plays.)

(We return to the theater, where May is prepping the stage with a smaller stage. Ash and Tracey watch this, bemused.)

Ash: May, why the set change?

May: I thought I might try a little acting tonight. (admires her makeshift mini stage)

Misty: Acting? Sounds fun!

Brock: What light, through yonder window breaks? (laughter)

May: What window? (more laughter)

Tracey: What part can I play? (runs to help May)

(On Our Way interlude as the title card appears: "'Curtain Up' with May". May's face appears in the rounded part of the a in her name)

(We see Nurse Joy, Tracey, Ash, and Brock seated in a movie theater, while an adventure movie is in progress. Brock spots Nurse Joy setting a few seats over and decides to get her attention.)

Brock: Hey, Ash? (nudges Ash)

Ash: Yeah?

Brock: Ask Nurse Joy if she wants popcorn. (offers a popcorn bag to Ash)

Ash(to Tracey): Ask Nurse Joy if she wants popcorn. (hands off the bag of popcorn)

Tracey: Want some popcorn? (offers popcorn to Nurse Joy)

Nurse Joy: Why thank you. (eats the popcorn)

(A short while later, Brock decides to try to get Nurse Joy's attention again)

Brock: Ask Nurse Joy if she wants a drink. (offers a soda cup to Ash)

Ash(to Tracey): Ask Nurse Joy if she'd like a drink. (hands off the soda cup)

Tracey: Want a drink? (offers the soda to Nurse Joy)

Nurse Joy: Yes, please. (sips the soda)

(During the love scene, Brock tries to get Nurse Joy's attention again)

Brock: Ask Nurse Joy if she'd like this charm bracelet as a token of my love. (offers a bracelet with various charms on it to Ash)

Ash(to Tracey): Ask Nurse Joy if she'd like this charm bracelet. (hands off the bracelet)

Tracey: Would you like this charm bracelet? (offers the bracelet to Nurse Joy)

Nurse Joy: Why, thank you, Tracey...you shouldn't have. (puts the bracelet on. Laughter as Brock slumps in his seat, dejected)

(The scene changes to the cast seated at a dinner table. Ash puts some salt on his food, but notices that the pepper is on the other end of the table, by Pikachu.)

Ash: Pass the pepper, sombody....

(the request goes down the line until it gets to Misty, who's next to Pikachu.)

Misty: Pikachu, Ash wants the pepper.

Pikachu: Pikachu! (hands off a bottle to Misty, where it goes down the line until it gets to Ash. He winces at the bottle)

Ash: No, not BLACK pepper, just pepper.

(the request goes down the line again to Misty)

Misty: Pikachu, Ash still wants the pepper.

Pikachu: Pika! (hands off another bottle to Misty, where it goes down the line again until it reaches Ash. He winces at the bottle)

Ash: No, not CAYENNE pepper...

(the request goes down the line again to Misty)

Misty: Pikachu, Ash still wants the pepper...

Pikachu: Pika! (hands off another bottle to Misty, where it goes down the line again until it reaches Ash. He winces at the bottle)

Ash: No, not LEMON pepper...

Misty: Then what pepper DO you want?

Ash: The toilet pepper! (laughter and applause as the scene fades out)

(Back onstage, Brock and May are still laughing over Ash's "toilet pepper" joke)

Brock: Ha, ha...the toilet pepper...good one, Ash! (laughs some more)

Ash: And to think I made that punch line up! (light laughter)

May: I'm glad you guys had fun acting...(takes down the mini stage)

Brock: Let's do it again, sometime...like maybe next season? (applause)

Ash: Well, until then, watch this. (starts projector)

(CARTOON-"Tracey Gets Bugged!", part 1)

(We return to the stage to see Brock and the band.)

Ash: And now, time for a song...

Tracey: This oughta be good! (sits down to listen)

(music begins)

Brock: How I want you, I can't see you
    This feeling here, feels so lonely...
    I can't tell you, but I want to
    My chance, always keeps passing me by!

But still, but still,
    My wings are spread, and I will fly right to you!
    In the sky, marathon,
    Dreams are in unison with yours!

Now I'll catch you, catch you,
    Catch me, catch me, wait up!
    Look this way and tell me that you love me!

So, nice to meet you,
    Good to see you, I'm sure!

My feelings for you, let's take them to the stars
    And they're flying, flying, flying, to you!
    I, will, not, give, up!

Every day now, I am tired,
    I'm recharging my batteries
    However, with your smile,
    I'm up and at full power, I'm ready to go!

Oh please, oh please,
    I met you first, you are my first best friend!
    I will smile, look at you, be with you, and have fun!

Catch me, catch me, of course!
    Just us two, we're here forever.

So, nice to meet you,

I will not give in to anything at all!
    I am number, number, number, the one!
    I, am, so, in, love!

[dance break/guitar solo]

Catch me, catch me, wait up!
    Look this way and tell me that you love me!

So, nice to meet you,

My feelings for you, let's take them to the stars
    And they're flying, flying, flying, to you!
    I, will, not, give, up!

Catch me, catch me, of course!
    Just us two, we're here forever.

So, nice to meet you,

I will not give in to anything at all!
    I am number, number, number, number, the one!
    I, am, so, in, love!
    (applause as Brock and the band bow)

Tracey: Bravo!

Ash: Thanks, guys...and now, the conclusion of our cartoon... (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Tracey Gets Bugged!", part 2)

(We join Ash, Pikachu, and Tracey onstage)

Ash: Well, we're out of time for tonight...

Tracey: Thanks for letting me come tonight, Ash...I had fun! (some "Awws" go up from the audience as Ash and Tracey hug)

Ash: See ya next time! (he and Tracey wave goodbye)

Pikachu: Pika pi! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" reprise plays in the background as the credits roll.

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
  • ANP #044: Ash: Right Back At Ya!

Brock: Attention: Please keep your hands and arms inside the Warp Star at all times. (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(We join Ash onstage in a spotlight, pacing the stage)

Ash: Of all the times for the Transporter to go down for maintenence, the maintenence crew had to pick today!

(Misty rushes onstage, concerned)

Misty: Calm down, Ash...they said they'd be done in an hour!

Ash: But the show will be over long before they're done! (light laughter) I had planned to use the Transporter to call a guest character here, so now we don't have a show! (As Ash is talking, Brock enters with one of Misty's easels and sets it up.)

Brock: Forgetting something, Ash? (continues setting up the easel)

Ash: What's the easel for?

Brock: Since the Transporter's down for maintenence--

Misty: That's why Ash has been complaining for the last few minutes. (laughter)

Brock: Anyway...since the Transporter's down for maintenence, why not DRAW Ash's planned guest into existence? (brandishes one of Misty's pencils for emphasis)

Ash: Brock, you're a genius! (glomps Brock)

Brock: Easy there, Ash...(to Misty) You don't mind if I borrow one of your pencils, do you, Misty?

Misty: Just be careful with it and put it back when you're done.

Brock: Okay! (to Ash) Who were you planning on bringing here?

Ash: I was going to bring... (whispers the character's name in Brock's ear)

Brock: Oh, that's an easy character to draw! (approaches the easel) First, we draw a circle...(Brock draws a circle, then adds pudgy arms and feet to the circle) Then, we dot the eyes... (Brock adds some small eyes to the round creature) Add a great big smile...(he draws a smile on the puffball and colors it)

Misty: Hey, I know who you're drawing!

Brock: ...and presto! It's Kirby! (sticks the pencil behind his ear as his Kirby drawing steps off the paper and glances around at the audience, amazed.)

Ash: See all those people out there, Kirby? They came to see you. (gestures to the audience, Kirby looks at Ash, confused)

Misty: I think we may have to explain the concept of a "show", to the little guy.

Ash: Chalkboard...(May appears wheeling out a chalkboard. Ash picks up a piece of chalk and draws the stage, as well as a stick figure representation of himself.) This is a stage...it's what we're standing on right now. (Kirby nods to show he understands) On a stage, people get together and show off their talents...this is known as a "show". (Kirby smiles, pleased with the idea)

Misty: But we need to get ready before we start...so why don't you watch this while we do that? (threads a reel in the projector and starts it. Kirby smiles when he sees the title on the screen)

(CARTOON-"Kirby Comes to Cappy Town", part 1)

(We see a pair of live hands that look like Ash's at the controls of a spaceship. He sees an asteroid, and quickly hits a button marked "WARP DRIVE", making the outside view blur, giving the illusion Ash is traveling really fast. The spaceship zips by a planet shaped like a Pikachu head. A female announcer says "You're watching 'The Ash and Pikachu Show'!" as the Pikachu planet turns.)

(Onstage, Pikachu spots Kirby watching the cartoon. He sits next to Kirby, bemused as May appears wih her mini-stage)

May: So Brock really DID draw Kirby here! Cool!

Ash: We're still thinking about how to get him home to Dream Land when the show's over...

Brock: Erasing him wouldn't work...(Kirby's eyes tear up at the mention of the word 'erase') Hey, I'm not gonna erase you, little guy, we'll get you home to Dream Land as best as we know how, okay? (Kirby smiles again, and inhales Pikachu's popcorn bag, much to Pikachu's chargrin)

May: While we think about that, how would you like to watch us play pretend? (Kirby abandons Pikachu and the projector and settles before the mini stage)

(On Our Way interlude as the title card appears: "'Curtain Up' with May". May's face appears in the rounded part of the a in her name)

(We see Brock, in breeder's attire, reading a newspaper, all while Torchics frolic about in the background.)

Brock: I can't believe it! (reads the headline to the audience) "Torchic demand at record high"...I bet I'll have trainers coming to me in droves to adopt one of my Torchic pairs...(May and Misty, in the roles of young trainers, walk in the room as Brock is talking.) Well, hello, girls..what can I do for you today?

Misty: We heard that you're the guy to see when it comes to Torchics...

May: Yeah! We'd like to adpot a pair of our own!

Brock: All right, just take a look around until you find the pair you'd like. (May and Misty nod, then wander around the stage for a moment)

(a "1 week later..." card appears)

(Brock continues to read newspaper as Misty and May enter again)

Brock: Hello, girls...what can I do for you?

Misty: We came because one of our friends wanted to try raising Torchics herself....

May: But even though we told her it'd be a lot of work, she still wanted to try it!

Brock: All right, just take a look around until you've found the pair she'd like. (May and Misty nod, then wander around the stage again)

(another "1 week later..." card appears)

(Brock spots the girls as they enter again)

Brock: So how is your friends Torchic doing, girls?

Misty: We're not sure...

Brock: Huh?

May: She said to ask if she's either planting them too close or not watering them enough...she says they're not growing very fast! (laughter as Brock rolls his eyes)

(We see the cast doing various jobs at a construction site. Misty, the foreman, notices Ash fiddling with a flashlight)

Misty: What are you doing? Get back to work!

Ash: But I am working! I'm giving the other workers some light!

Misty: Just get back to work, okay? (leaves the site)

(Several hours later, Misty returns to discover Ash with the flashlight)

Misty: WHAT DID I JUST TELL YOU??

Ash: Okay! (sets the flashlight down and picks up a shovel. Just as he does, the other workers scatter)

Misty: What's the matter now?

May: We can't work in the dark! (laughter and applause as the scene fades out)

(Kirby howls with laughter as May takes down the mini stage)

Misty: Now see? Wasn't playing pretend fun? (Kirby cheers in agreement. Pikachu threads another reel in the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"Kirby Comes to Cappy Town", part 2)

Ash: Now, Kirby...(before he can say more, he sees Misty enter.) Yes?

Misty: I just checked in with the maintence crew...they say the upgrade time went faster than expected, and the Transporter should be ready in a few minutes! (applause)

Ash: Great!

Brock: Hey Kirby...I wrote a song for you. (Kirby glances at Brock, interested) Wanna hear it? (Kirby smiles) Okay!

(Brock appears in marching band attire and blows a whistle, starting a march beat. The others appear in similar costumes, the boys in matching marching band costumes, and the girls in pink cheerleader outfits with yellow stars on them.)

Brock: Every day, he's always sleeping,
    It's Kirby of the stars!
    Not what he appears, he's really strong!
    Is he really here?

Legendary hero, here to save us
    Legendary power, aiding him!
    Warrior! Of the Star! Save the day!
    You deserve a cheer, Kirby!

In the peaceful paradise,
    Someone here is crying, can you see their tears?
    Eat up all those nasty dreams!
    So they will not bother us again!

We are off to search for that smile
    That always will brighten our day!
    So breathe in the stars up in the sky!
    Unleash all their power in this darkest night!

Tiny little circle of pinkish hue
    It's Kirby of the stars!
    He can turn into anything he wants to,
    Is that really true?

Hero of legend, here to save us
    We count on you, Kirby!

[dance break-the cast parades around the stage, joined by lots of other Kirbies. During the second section, the girls do a twirling routine with Star Rods, then a line reforms onstage, with Brock and the original Kirby in the center.]

Brock: Tiny little circle of pinkish hue
    It's Kirby of the stars!
    He can turn into anything he wants to,
    Is that really true?

Hero of legend, here to save us
    We count on you, Kirby!
    (everyone poses, to some applause)

Transporter: Coordinates entered: 042792. Destination: Dream Land...

Brock: Here's your ride home, Kirby... (leads Kirby to the waiting Transporter as the scene fades out)

(CARTOON-"Kirby Comes to Cappy Town", part 3)

(Back onstage, Misty waves goodbye to Kirby as the portal closes)

Misty: I'm gonna miss the little guy...

Ash: Don't worry, Misty...we can see him in our dreams! (applause) We're out of time for tonight, so see ya next time!

Pikachu: Pika! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" reprise plays as the credits roll)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
  • ANP #045: Welcome to the Jungle

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene in a blue Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses)

Brock: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight... (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(Applause as Ash runs onstage to greet the crowd. Pikachu follows him, clad in safari attire)

Ash: Thank you! Tonight we finally continue our look at the Frontier Brains...we're going on safari to the Battle Palace! (applause) That explains Pikachu's attire. (mild laughter) That being said, we're having the Palace brain, Spenser, guiding us on our adventure. (applause as Spenser appears in a spotlight)

Pikachu: Pika! (runs over and nuzzles Spenser)

Spenser: Hello there, Pikachu...it's good to see you again.

Ash: I'm happy to say Sceptile remembers all his moves now...plus a few new ones! (applause)

Spenser: Which reminds me...I found this as I was cleaning the palace the other day...(presents a reel to Ash) I think that may be the recording of our battle.

Ash: Well, let's watch it! (threads the reel in the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"Ash, Ash, Ash of the Jungle", part 1)

(We see a pair of animated hands that look like Ash's clearing the way through a temple ruin in a jungle...after some clearing of foilage and stepping among ruins, the hands lift a Pikachu statue from a treasure chest. A female voice says "You're watching 'The Ash and Pikachu Show'!" as the camera focuses on the statue's smiling face)

(Spenser smiles as the projector switches off)

Spenser: Ah...I feel nostalgic already...

(Just then, May enters with the mini-stage)

May: Who's up for some acting?

Ash: I am! (hops up on the mini stage and poses for the audience)

Spenser: Your anergy hasn't changed since we battled, Ash...you're raring to go, just like you were that day...

Ash: Then why am I standing around looking all cool for?

Misty: Actually, I think you look silly that way. (laughter as Ash facefalls)

(We see the inside of a movie studio. Brock, as the director, is looking on a set of a Western town as the others, as the actors, mill about.)

Brock: Okay, guys! Places! (everyone rushes into position. May, the cameraperson, approaches Brock)

May: Uh sir?

Brock: Not right now, May...let's get this done first. "The Legend of Sheriff Ketchum", take 1...and...action!

(guitar riff as Kamon, playing the role of the villian, saunters onto the set)

Kamon(in his best Western drawl): Whar's that no-good, bow-legged, buggy eyed sheriff?

Ash(in his best Western drawl): Ah'm right hair, Nasty Jack! And you ain't welcome in this here town!

Kamon: Draw! (draws a fake six shooter. Ash does the same and fires a cork into Kamon's stomach, making him play dead)

Brock: And, cut! Not bad, but it needs to be a little more graceful, so let's try it again... (May tugs Brock's shirt sleeve) Yes?

May: Brock, this is urgent!

Brock: Can it wait? (May slinks to her position) Okay..."The Legend of Sheriff Ketchum", take 2...and...action!

(Ash and Kamon do the scene again, this time dancing like ballerinas)

Brock: (sigh) I didn't mean that kind of graceful....let's see some action this time! Take 3....

(Ash and Kamon do the scene again, only the action is in fast motion)

Brock: Take 4, and slow it down!

(Ash and Kamon do the scene again, but now the action is in slow motion)

Brock: Not THAT slow... (May tugs on Brock's shirt sleeve) What is it?

May: I have something to confess...I forgot to put film in the camera this morning. (everyone groans as the scene fades out)

(May walks onstage, but then realizes she forgot something)

May: Uh oh...

Misty: Whats the matter? (listens as May tells her, and gasps) Oh no!

Brock: What's the matter? (listens as Misty tells him) Oh no! Alert the media!

Ash: What's the matter, guys?

Everyone else: WE DON'T HAVE A SKIT!!!! (laughter and applause as the scene fades out)

(Spenser is laughing as the scene returns to the panicked group on the mini stage)

Spenser: You don't have a skit, do you? (laughs)

Ash: Just kidding, that WAS the skit! (applause)

Spenser: Let's watch some more of this then... (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Ash, Ash, Ash of the Jungle", part 2)

(We return to the theater to see the cast gathered around Brock, who is tuning his guitar)

Brock: I have help this time... (blows a pitch pipe to Ash, who hums the note back to show he's in tune)

Ash: I-di-di-di-i-di-di-di-di, lee-um-bumba-way...i-di-di-di-i-di-di-di-di, lee-um-bumba-way...

Everyone else: A-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh...

Brock: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight...
    In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight...

Misty and Ash: Ooooooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, lee-um-bum-bumba-way...Ooooooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, lee-um-bum-bumba-way...

Brock: Near the village, the peaceful village, the lion sleeps tonight...
    Near the village, the peaceful village, the lion sleeps tonight...

Everyone: A-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh, a-wim-o-weh...

Brock: Hush my darling, don't cry, my darling, the lion sleeps tonight...
    Hush my darling, don't fear, my darling, the lion sleeps tonight...

Misty and Ash: Ooooooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, lee-um-bum-bumba-way...Ooooooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, lee-um-bum-bumba-way...

Ash: I-di-di-di-i-di-di-di-di, lee-um-bumba-way...i-di-di-di-i-di-di-di-di, lee-um-bumba-way... (Ash continues singing as he starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Ash, Ash, Ash of the Jungle", part 3)

(We rejoin Ash, Pikachu, and Spenser onstage)

Ash: Well, it's about that time...

Spenser: I will say this...you sing very well, Ash.

Ash: Thanks...see ya next time!

Pikachu: Pika pi! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" reprise plays as the credits roll.)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
  • ANP #046: Just a 'Tad

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene wearing his normal clothes and sunglasses)

Brock: Pokemon tested, trainer approved! (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(Applause as Ash runs onstage to greet the crowd)

Ash: Thank you! Tonight we take a look at one of Brock's crazier Pokemon...(before he can say any more, a Lotad trots out onstage, to some applause) There you go. (gestures to Lotad as the crowd applauds)

Lotad: Tad! Lotad!

Ash: Huh?

Misty: Lotad says Brock's feeling bad, so he can't sing!

(an 'Aww' goes up from the crowd)

Ash: I hope you have a plan B for the musical number...

Misty: Don't worry, I think the audience knows who I asked to come tonight. (some cheers go up from the audience)

Ash: Well, tell them they're not on yet, okay?

Misty: Okay...I'll go take Brock his medicine... (heads offstage with some pills)

(After a few seconds, we hear a fit of coughing, followed by a moan)

Ash: Misty wasn't kidding when she said Brock was feeling bad....

Lotad: Tad...

Ash: It's okay, though, watch this! (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"The Lotad Lowdown!")

(We see some claymation Ash hands preparing to paint a picture. After some botched attempts, the hands throw all the paint on the canvas in frustration. A female announcer says "You're watching 'The Ash and Pikachu Show'!" as the paint runs together into the shape of a Pikachu face)

(We hear more coughing, followed by a scratchy voice asking "Misty, a drink, please" from offstage.)

Misty: I think Brock needs more juice. (takes a bottle of juice backstage)

Lotad: Tad? (gives a crude stick figure drawing of Brock to Misty)

Misty: Okay, I'll give this to Brock too. (returns backstage, just as May returns with the mini stage)

May: It's a real bummer Brock has a cold...we'll just have to act without him...

Ash: I know...he wanted to sing too, but I don't think the audience would like hearing (does a scratchy impression of Brock's voice) "Jenny, oh Jenny..." (fakes a bad cough) "Joy, oh Joy..." (fakes another bad cough, with mild laughter from the audience)

Brock(offstage): I heard that! (more laughter)

May: Let's get started, shall we? (steps up on the mini stage)

(We see Ash appearing to listen for something, but we don't hear anything.)

(Misty, Hiro, Kamon, Crystal, Brendan, and May all walk up to Ash)

Everyone else: What's going on?

Ash: Listen...

(Everyone listens for a moment, but no sound is heard)

Misty: I don't hear anything.

Ash: Just listen, okay?

May: I don't hear anything either...

Ash: It's been like that all day! (laughter)

(We see Ash and Crystal walking through a museum, admiring an exhibit on fountains)

Crystal: These fountains are so beautiful...

Ash: Agreed, especially these two over here...the ones of dancing girls. (Unbeknownest to Ash, the "fountains" are Misty and May in disguise)

Crystal: They almost look like they could come alive! (No sooner does she say that, do Misty and May come alive, playfully dancing and arcing water from their mouths like fountains)

Ash: You look at those while I go get some water... (No sooner does Ash say that, do Misty and May spit water at him)

Crystal: Tell me I didn't see that...

Misty: You didn't! (laughter and applause as the scene fades out)

(Ash steps off the mini stage, soaking wet.)

Ash: Does anyone have a towel? (laughter as Lotad gives Ash a towel, then starts the projector as Ash dries off)

(CARTOON-"Take the Lombre Home!")

(We rejoin Ash in the theater, now dried off and seated before the grand piano.)

Ash: And now, the moment you've all been waiting for... (cheers and applause) Please welcome back Peach and the Poketones! (cheers as Ash begins a slow beat and the Poketones appear in their semicircle)

Peach: When I take the floor
    As I've often done before,
    I feel a change come over me!

I get such a thrill
    It feels like time is standing still,
    And starlight is the only thing I see!

When it's only me and the music,
    I leave the world behind!
    (Only me and the music)
    When it's only me and the music
    I am free!
    I am poetry in motion!
    When it's only me and the music...

My heart starts to race,
    I go soaring into space,
    And music is the only thing I hear!

(Only me and the music)
    I am free!
    I am poetry in motion!
    When it's only me
    (only me) and the music!

(piano solo)

Peach: When it's only me and the music,
    (Only me and the music)
    When it's only me and the music
    I am free!
    I am poetry in motion!
    When it's only me and the music!
    (applause as the Poketones take a bow)

May: The Poketones were your plan B? Cool!

Misty: I've been yearning to see them again...

Peach: Thanks, Ash! (Ash takes a bow) And thank you all! (wild applause as the Poketones go backstage)

May: Let's watch this now... (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Once in a Mawile!")

(We join Ash, Pikachu, and Lotad onstage)

Ash: Well, we're almost out of time for tonight... (to Lotad) Thanks for helping us out tonight.

Lotad: Tad!

Ash: See ya next time! (waves goodbye)

Pikachu: Pika! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" reprise plays as the credits roll)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
  • ANP #047: Ash's Amateurs

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene wearing his normal clothes and sunglasses)

Brock: I suppose you're wondering why I called you here tonight? (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(Ash appears in a spotlight, relaxing in an egg chair)

Ash: Thank you....tonights show--

(Before Ash can say any more, Brock enters with several sheets of paper in his hand)

Ash: What's that?

Brock: It's a report I'm writing for school...(starts reading from his paper) "Like TV today, radio was big entertainment in the 1930's and '40's..."

Ash: That's interesting...

Brock: Just think about it, Ash...what would the show be like if we did it back then?

Ash: Hmm...

Brock: Well, I'm going back to work... (heads offstage, and Ash invites Pikachu into his chair)

Ash: Pikachu, what do you think the show would be like if we did it on the radio?

Pikachu: Pika pi...

(Pikachu's ears prick up when he hears a pencil scribbling backstage)

Pikachu: Pika...

Ash: It's just Brock doing some work... (yawns) and I'm tired...

(The scene begins to swirl as Ash slumps down in his chair, asleep. Some TV static appears on the screen, complete with the sound of an old radio tuning. May suddenly appears in the static with a clapboard)

May: Ash's dream sequence, take 1! (claps the clapboard. When the static clears, we see that everything has turned black-and white. Ash, now in a tuxedo and top hat, standing before a mike with the letters KNTO over it. Pikachu, wearing a mini version of Ash's top hat, sits on his shoulder. Ash bows and acknowledges the applause of the studio audience)

Ash: You're listening to the Ash and Pikachu Follies here on KNTO! (more applause) Okay... And now...

Offstage voice: I wanna be, the very best... (light applause as Gary, wearing an outfit similar to a farmer costume, appears on the stage. He produces an apple from his pocket, shines it, and gives it to Ash, with some applause)

Ash: Why, thank you. (Pikachu starts eating the apple)

Gary: I wanna be, the very--

Ash: Wait a sec... (he escorts Gary to center stage, where a larger KNTO mic waits) There...presenting amateur Gary! (applause)

Gary: I wanna be, the very best, like....(mild laughter as Gary tries to remember the next line) Uh, like...(more laughter) Like...(hides his face in embarrassment as the audience laughs)

Pikachu: Pikachu! (displays a "REJECT" sign to the audience. The cane appears and yanks Gary offstage)

Ash: Oh well...after that apple he gave me, I was hoping he'd give me enough for a whole pie! (laughter as the screen swirls again)

(We return to the present to see Ash curled up in his chair mumbling his quip about pie in his sleep. Pikachu is nearby, also snoozing as Misty enters with a plate)

Misty: Ash...

Ash(in his sleep): Enough for an apple pie...

Misty: Ash, wake up!

Ash: Huh? (sits up and rubs his eyes) Oh, Misty, it's just you...

Misty: Why did you fall asleep on the job?

Ash: I guess all the writing Brock was doing put me to sleep. (takes the plate from Misty) Mm, apple pie! Just like in my dream! (starts eating as the scene fades out)

Misty: Boys will be boys... (laughter as the scene fades out)

(We see a pair of animated Ash hands fiddling with a radio. One station plays a loud rock anthem, another station plays the Pokemon March, and another the Pokemon Lullaby. Finally, the station lands on one playing "On Our Way". A female announcer says "You're watching 'The Ash and Pikachu Show'!' as the camera zooms down to display a Pikachu face sticker on the radio)

(We return to see Ash curled up in his chair again.)

Ash: Ah, that pie was so good... (Ash reaches for a blanket nearby) Now to resume my snooze... (the screen swirls as Ash curls up in the blanket and goes back to sleep again)

(The audience applauds as we return to the flashback. Ash is by his mic again, while Pikachu is holding an "APPLAUSE" sign to the audience)

Ash: Okay! (the applause stops as Ash consults his script.) We now have...the Two Songstresses--Misty and May!

(more applause as Misty and May, both wearing flowing gowns, come onstage and wave to the crowd. Misty takes her place at the large mic, while May walks over to a nearby grand piano. Suddenly, May trips and falls on the piano keys, triggering laughter from the audience. Misty shoots an annoyed look at May, who blushes as she eases herself aboard the piano stool. When all is quiet, May begins to play a quiet riff, while Misty sings in the background. (we, the TV audience, interpret her words as "oohs") We look around the studio audience to see them quietly listening.)

Suddenly, Misty aims for a loud high note, with a piano hit to punctuate it, making the mic begin to sway. At the same time, May's pickup mic begins to shake as the constant hits keep jarring it. Before long, the audience has to struggle to keep from laughing as the girls chase around their respective mics; but the song is ultimately completed. The girls bow to the audience and to Ash before heading offstage)

Ash: Thank you, girls...we need to do something about those microphones. (light laughter) Anyway, next-- (Ash is interrupted by a shady figure walking onstage. Once the figure is settled at the mic, we discover that the figure is actually Gary in disguise. He brandishes a few Poke Balls at the audience)

Gary: I wanna be, the very best...like...um...(the audience laughs again) That does it! (hurls the Poke Balls to the floor, revealing an Umbreon, a Blastoise, and a Dodrio. The audience screams and dives for cover as the three Pokemon go on the rampage. Ash and Pikachu opt to hide behind Ash's podium. Pikachu is clearly panicked, as he is throwing various cue cards about as he scrambles to flee the angered Pokemon. The scene swirls as the carnage unfolds...)

(We return to the present to see Ash struggling with the blanket. May stands nearby, a little concerned.)

May: Ash? Is everything okay?

(Ash wakes up in a sweat, still panicked from his dream. He glances around, relieved that there's no rampaging Pokemon in the theater.)

May: What's the matter, Ash? Bad dream?

Ash: Yeah...Brock asked me to think about what the show would be like if we did it on the radio...and I fell asleep listening to him write...and my dream's been about that very thought!

Brock: What was all that thrashing around out there? (runs onstage to see Ash breathing hard from his dream.) Did my report give you a nightmare or something? (laughter)

Ash: Yeah...I dreamt that our show existed as a radio show...and Gary got mad for Pikachu rejecting his act, so he unleashed his Pokemon to destroy the studio!

Brock: Wow...(tucks Ash in again). Next time, dream that security dragged Gary away before he could do something like that! (laughter) Sweet dreams, okay? (heads backstage to tend to the printer)

Ash: Okay. (pulls the blanket over him and goes back to sleep as the scene swirls again)

(When we return to the flashback, the studio is more or less back to normal. Ash and Pikachu peek out from the podium, afraid)

Pikachu: Pika pi?

Ash: Is it safe to come out? (peeks out to discover the Pokemon gone and breathes a sigh of relief) Okay...(returns to his mic and script) We now have...amateur Brock!

(Brock peeks out from stage left, in a cheesy marching band outfit)

Brock: And his 50 piece band! (light applause) Come on, you guys! Foward, harch! (Brock parades onstage with what looks like an elaborate stage on wheels containing what looks like hundreds of instruments at once, plus a spot for a person to sit down. Pikachu is awed at the device, so much so he shows the cue card "OOH AND AH" which the audience does.)

Ash: Oh my...

Brock: Okay, guys...show time! (settles before the array of instruments and flicks a small lever, setting the whole apparatus into motion)

(the audience watches as Brock starts the song playing a trumpet, then plays the next line on a trombone. The third line is performed on a whistle, and the line after that gets played on a tuba. As Brock concludes the next line on a clarinet, the "conductor" turns the page and reminds Brock of his location in the music. The next section of the song is performed on a harmonica and guitar, before the machine decides to make Brock play all the aforementioned instruments at once. The audience applauds)

Ash: Talk about a one man band... (laughter)

Brock: Okay guys...let's get this show jumping! (adjusts a few more levers, increasing the tempo. Before long, a rousing dance tune begins, with instruments coming at Brock a mile a minute..but we start to see smoke rise from the eleborate device...)

Ash: Uh oh...Take cover everyone! (the audience scrambles for cover again as the machine starts to go haywire. The scene begins to swirl...)

(When we return to the present, we see Ash tossing and turning. The girls, Brock, and Pikachu are nearby, concerned.)

Misty: Ash...

Ash(in his sleep): Take cover! It's gonna blow!

May: Huh?

Brock: What's gonna blow?

Misty: ASH!!!

Ash: Huh...(glances around the theater, and breathes a sigh of relief that it's still standing.) Whew...that dream was so real! (climbs out of his chair and starts to center stage) I dreamt Brock invented a one man band machine, and played 50 instruments at once!

Brock: I did? There's no way I'd be able to do that...two instruments at once, maybe; but 50?

Ash: You did in my dream!

Brock: I don't have enough arms to handle that much! (mild laughter)

(Before Ash can start his good bye spiel, he hears a crash backstage, which sends him scrambling under the chair)

Misty: Looks like I'll say goodbye in lieu of Mr. Scardymeowth over here... (gestures to Ash quivering in fear under the chair) Thanks for coming to see us tonight, and we'll see ya next time!

Pikachu: Pika pi! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" reprise plays as the credits roll.)

THE END

Back