• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: "Pokémon Naranja" 2005 Hack of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
But

In one case the game assumed I did not even have Lapras, so it was good I had a backup.

Years
guys i found a huge bug. i just beat the first leader [the chick ridin the blastoise] and i won and whatnot and surfed back to the main island. i surfed right around the area of the cruise ship and then i walked back to the grass and i get some wording thats in spanish, but its the script that you get when you try to go into sand before u have lapras. basically what the bug is, is that i am far past the point where u get lapras and what happens is i go to the pokemon center and tracy talks to me like it was my first time there, then i go to where u first get lapras and tracy stops me and says i have to get access. so basically i got the first badge and when i go back to the first island, it acts like i just started the game. just letting u all no

You mean the first island?

Go to the south of the island, there's water there. Then look for a gap between the rocks on the left side, that way you can go (back) to the route.

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
Do you remember deactivating their machine before? You get it from the same place. If it's not there, then your game is suffering from a common glitch.

Which means you have to wait till the next Beta, or start a new game (which I recommend)

Years
hi all this hack is awesome but i'm stuck like most ppl and i already did searching but the answers don't work, i'm stuck at the point where you need to get the battery for the power plant and then u fight cassidy and butch. People said you just click the switch to take the battery but i get the messages that other people are having such as "battery already taken" or something like that, it just doesn't work.

Some people said that entering the cheat codes might work but the thing is i'm playing this on Vbag (a GBA emulator for UIQ 3/Smartphones), and the emulator doesn't support entering gameshark code yet so i can't enter it. I think i can play it on VBA and then save it and then trasnfer the file to my phone and load it from there but i don't think Vbag supports game with cheats activated in it so i don't think that works.....

Years
could someone answer my questions plz? And 2 bugs i found that others haven't listed are:

1. If u look at ur Trainer card, i.e u open up the menu and click ASH or watever name, and u see ur badges and money etc and u look at the picture, Ash is wearing his hat properly but during battle his hat is worn backwards.

2. I find it hard to find my way and progress through the game because the entry points aren't shown properly. In the proper game, you'll know exactly where the entry points are and where to enter, it shows it very clearly but in this game who the hell knows u have to enter a forest of tress which can be any other tree? It's hard to play if u don't know where to go.

3. And also, i'm a bit disappointed at the english translation, most of it doesn't make sense, even though i understand it but it's screwed up and most stuff are still in spanish. Can't u guys use Google Translate to do that and then do a bit of editing?

Last edited:

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
Ok, no need to double post.

First of all, I'm not really sure why that happens, I think it's a glitch that happens in Pallet Town or something.

Second of all, it's suppost to be that way. If you watch the Show, then when Ash battles a pokemon, he turns his cap around.

Third of all, what do you mean?

Fourth of all, it's not fully translated. It's pretty hard to go from Spanish to English, so the only thing I can say is live with it for now.

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
i think he is talking about the crystal cave where there are warps that arent obvious, am i right, if im not please correct me

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
I'd like to ask a small question. May I ask what that thing is that fills the map with trees? Just curious, because it looks like a bird that poops out trees! :P

Oh, and if you want me to be more specific, it's the place right after the starting town, once you leave that big ship.

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
I'd like to ask a small question. May I ask what that thing is that fills the map with trees? Just curious, because it looks like a bird that poops out trees! :P

Oh, and if you want me to be more specific, it's the place right after the starting town, once you leave that big ship.

its the zepillin thats all i know sorry

Years
i'm talking about entry points, e.g. when u enter a house or cave etc. For entry points like Pokemon Centre and Marts, you know exactly how to "GET INSIDE" because u see the door or the Mart stand/stall.

But for entry points like forests, it's hard to tell where you go, the Onix cave is obvious so i'm not talking about that cuz u can see the cave entrance with the dark hole, but e.g. when you surf down to the little island you have to enter between the tress to go inside the forest where you find Meowth and Jessy, know wat i'm talking about? U have to go inside the tree on the little island to enter the forest.

But how will people know you have to enter the tress? There're so many, it's like a secret passage, nobody will know where to go or how to enter if the entry points aren't shown correctly or obvious. Another example is when you exit places you'll see a little arrow and you usually know where the exits are as it shows a rectangular mat and when you stand on it you see the exit arrow, but for this game when you enter the forests or exit you don't see it, some places you do but not in forests, which makes it hard to find out how you enter places and where you go because it might as well just be the background, it's like trying to walk into a building with no door but maybe you have to enter it from the back. Get my point? Or should i take screenshots?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years

Haven't you checked it more carefully, Esmas? That "thing" as you call it is none other than Celebi :D
(Don't ask me what's it doing on the game or what does it have to do with the series, 'cause I don't remember Celebi showing up on the Orange series. Most likely it was something Sergio put to show the "update tilemap" feature :laugh:)

Well, well, looks like Sergio hasn't shown up here in a few days, which is pretty rare, considering he put some new screenshots about the hack at Whack a Hack. If he doesn't show up these days I'm gonna post them here (at least, so you can have something new to talk about) in any case you guys know how to locate WAH

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Ah, sorry. To me it looked like a big, shadowy blob of black gooiness. Eh, oh well. I guess now I know, and I still have no idea what the Celebi has to do with the Orange Islands. I hope it gets revealed on the next Beta!

Years
after i described wat i was talking about the entry point, nobody seems to answer it despite after so many posts after i posted it..........oh well.

BTW, i haven't seen anyone asking this nor have i seen ppl talking about it but u can get Bulbasur (can't spell but it's just a fukn name) in the forest where u fight Jessy and also where u catch Vileplume. To find it, just surf south from where Vileplume is (on the little land in the middle of the lake) and u'll find there's only 1 grass patch on the land, u can't walk into it so just click it and u'll encounter Bulbursor.

EDIT:

This is a very annoying bug and must be fixed, the trainers are all screwed up, e.g. a swimmer in the ocean turns out to be an electric guy or watever it's called, a chick on the beach turned out to be a hiker and everything is screwed up. Genders, hair and clothes, types, etc. All screwed. Even the day care centre, u talk to the chick outside and it turns out to be a man, wtf?

Last edited:

lightor

Banana Pie Co.
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2008
f

Urr....... Have you ever intended to sell it?
cause i have it on gameboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back