• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently breeding?

Years
  • I'm currently working on Bulbasaur. So far I have bred all of the moves, nature, and ability into the female, but still need to get a female with 6IVs. The actual goal is to get a shiny, but 6IVs would be nice too :)

Nature:Timid
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Egg Moves:
    - Giga Drain
    - Grass Whistle
    - Petal Dance
    - Magical Leaf

After Bulbasaur (or if I take a break from it) I am going to work on Charmander. The thing is... I am dreading that, as I'll have to breed two versions of it. One that wants to be Mega-Charizard Y and another that wants to be Mega-Charizard X. Each version will want different egg moves, and I'll want a shiny of both to boot (to complete my Mega-Evolve shiny collection).

Thankfully, I've already completed my shiny Squirtle quest.

That'd going to be a nice bulbasaur:) Good luck with all of those quests.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Hm, today, someone kindly gave me a houndour in a moon ball, with the egg move destiny bond, it's female too! :)

So I think i'm going to start breeding houndours :>
    Moon ball Houndour is pretty. :D
    Because being unique is overrated, I have started breeding a Froakie (Greninja). I don't battle online but I have wanted to play around with one of these for a while and finally have a foreign ditto (shiny!) and the Oval Charm (woo eggs!) which makes breeding more exciting and quicker!
    Lol Froakie is a very commonly bred Pokémon. :P What nature and/or egg moves are you doing? And yes, Dittos and the Oval Charm makes breeding easier.
    I'm currently working on Bulbasaur. So far I have bred all of the moves, nature, and ability into the female, but still need to get a female with 6IVs. The actual goal is to get a shiny, but 6IVs would be nice too :)

Nature:Timid
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Egg Moves:
    - Giga Drain
    - Grass Whistle
    - Petal Dance
    - Magical Leaf

After Bulbasaur (or if I take a break from it) I am going to work on Charmander. The thing is... I am dreading that, as I'll have to breed two versions of it. One that wants to be Mega-Charizard Y and another that wants to be Mega-Charizard X. Each version will want different egg moves, and I'll want a shiny of both to boot (to complete my Mega-Evolve shiny collection).

Thankfully, I've already completed my shiny Squirtle quest.
    Are you trying to breed shinies for every mega? That will take a very long while. D:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Are you trying to breed shinies for every mega? That will take a very long while. D:
    Yes, but the goal will keep me playing X/Y for a while yet, and not spending money on Facebook games or MMOs :)

I already have a shiny Ampharos from a horde (even though her nature isn't ideal, and only one IV), and my Squirtle. I also have a Chespin and Treecko; if they ever get mega-evolutions I am set.

I'll gladly use 6IV Pokemon that I've bred, though, to play with mega-stones; until I hatch shiny versions of course :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Yes, but the goal will keep me playing X/Y for a while yet, and not spending money on Facebook games or MMOs :)

I already have a shiny Ampharos from a horde (even though her nature isn't ideal, and only one IV), and my Squirtle. I also have a Chespin and Treecko; if they ever get mega-evolutions I am set.

I'll gladly use 6IV Pokemon that I've bred, though, to play with mega-stones; until I hatch shiny versions of course :)

Good luck with that then you'll need it.

Pokémon can make you spend a lot of money too though. D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Buying the games, buying systems to play on, ARs, Powersaves, save dongles, cases, more games, internet to have wifi, etc. Loads of money can go into Pokemon actually.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I'd have Internet anyways, so I don't count that as an expense. Why the need for power-saving?
    To back up saves and to make breeding much much easier. It's optional though, as is most of what we buy, but if you get into Pokemon big time it can suck all the money out of you if you're not careful. D:

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Lol Froakie is a very commonly bred Pokémon. :P What nature and/or egg moves are you doing? And yes, Dittos and the Oval Charm makes breeding easier.

No egg moves as the set I've looked up is made up from TMs he can learn. Going for a Timid Protean with perfect IVs except for Attack (Sp. Attack move-set).

I now have 2 Timid Froakies with the perfect IV spread... except Torrent. ><

I have a 4(5?) IV Female Timid Protean Froakie holding Everstone breeding with a foreign 6IV Ditto holding Destiny Knot. I believe this is the best setup I can get to breed what I want, yeah?

I'm new to breeding but have been reading up as much as possible on it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    No egg moves as the set I've looked up is made up from TMs he can learn. Going for a Timid Protean with perfect IVs except for Attack (Sp. Attack move-set).

I now have 2 Timid Froakies with the perfect IV spread... except Torrent. ><

I have a 4(5?) IV Female Timid Protean Froakie holding Everstone breeding with a foreign 6IV Ditto holding Destiny Knot. I believe this is the best setup I can get to breed what I want, yeah?

I'm new to breeding but have been reading up as much as possible on it.
    If you have any Froakies laying around with egg moves, it wouldn't hurt to add them on in case you decide to change something later. A 6 IV female would be best, but what you have now works, it just takes longer to get the right IVs to pass on.

I finally got a 5 IV female HA Fennekin!! :D But now I don't know whether to go for 31/odd/31/31/31/30 or 31/even/30/31/31/31 for HP Ice...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2014
    i have a question: how do you quickly check the ivs of your pokemon after hatching? a guide somewhere said 'use 4 rare candies' and that level 5 is good enough to get an idea and there are calculators online. but i dont get how you just have 4 rare candies to give to every baby you ever make what the ♥♥♥♥.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • i have a question: how do you quickly check the ivs of your pokemon after hatching? a guide somewhere said 'use 4 rare candies' and that level 5 is good enough to get an idea and there are calculators online. but i dont get how you just have 4 rare candies to give to every baby you ever make what the ♥♥♥♥.
    Not sure, but I can see at level 1 if they have a bad stat quite easily. After hatching a bit, you can see if they have bad HP, for example, and not bother testing it at the Judge.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Not sure, but I can see at level 1 if they have a bad stat quite easily. After hatching a bit, you can see if they have bad HP, for example, and not bother testing it at the Judge.

I usually hatch five at a time then fly to the judge. It works pretty well, I'd say...

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    i have a question: how do you quickly check the ivs of your pokemon after hatching? a guide somewhere said 'use 4 rare candies' and that level 5 is good enough to get an idea and there are calculators online. but i dont get how you just have 4 rare candies to give to every baby you ever make what the ♥♥♥♥.

There's an IV judge in the pokecenter of the town you gain access to after beating the E4 (forgot name D: ). If you ask him to judge a pokemon for you he'll tell you if any stats have 31 or 0 in them.

Years
  • Went back and bred some more froakie, timid with protean and toxic spikes. Working on leveling up my shiny greninja and decided I might as well get some eggs out of it. After that, I might work on pumpkaboo or flabébé to help complete my shiny forms collection.

Back