• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
YOu sure you're naming the IPS file and the gba file the same name?

Yes. I copied the file-name of the patch and put it into the name of the gba-file, so that the gba-file has the name ShinyGold_X_byZel_v3_5.gba and the name of the ips-file is ShinyGold_X_byZel_v3_5.ips. They're both in the same directory and I tried this with two different firered-roms. One of them makes a blue screen after the copyright/credits and the other one makes a white screen.

Zowayix

hi
Years
Maybe you should try this:
Get VisualBoyAdvance.
Get a clean FireRed ROM.
Get LIPS (Lunar IPS, Google it.)
Get the ShinyGold IPS patch on the front page.
Now use LIPS and choose Apply IPS Patch, select the ShinyGold IPS file.
Now select your clean FireRed ROM.
Now use VisualBoyAdvance to open the patched FireRed ROM, and it should work.
It worked fine for me.
I have never tried to patch a FireRed ROM by renaming it, so I don't know if what you're doing actually works.
Is it against the rules to post a link to the site where I downloaded Lunar IPS from?

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
glitch

I never seen it but my friend saw it, he click the team rocket in slowpoke well and his game frozed. Zel, Can you explain why?

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2007
ive been looking for a while and i ve been wondering if you can catch the starters in the wild. can you? Thanks please list as many as you have found.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
BACK! Without news because I could only get free for a while from my studies, before going to sleep
Ignoring a few stuff I can only answer to the following posts:

Zel, I was just playing the johto games, and well you know the routes before Victory Road, I think it's like Route 26 or 27, there weren't enough trainers to my taste. Could you maybe... add some trainers there?

Don't forget we'll have the events with Amelia and Ashlee at those Routes so you have two extra battles, and you'll have a third battle (this one optional, be careful with this one), so I think that's enough.

Also, itd be nice to have some stronger wild pokemon to gather some exp. too, maybe on vic. road

Well, not stronger, but more varied, so you can train different pokemon easily. You have different pokes showing up in the different floors at Victory Road.

However, I asked Zel about the pokemon that were more common in or were exclusive to Silver, and he said that he would put them in the same locations as in Silver, but they'd be pretty rare.

I'm confirming about this (in case it got lost before)

hey zel, just an idea, but can you add some double battles with you and carlos and then maybe silver and ashlee? that'd be cool. Just an idea, maybe like in the entrance of mt silver or somethin cause they are all tryin to get in to battle red. It'd be a good warm up.

Do you mean a 2vs2 battle (that's not possible with FR, they just made that in Emerald). Or do you mean a 1vs2 battle (that's possible but usually rivals don't get along well, so it's hard to imagine them tagging for battling, they have their personalities, after all)

Hey, Chaotix about the YouTube video link you have in your sig, that can't be zel's game since zel doesn't have the Red gyarados programmed in yet, or even the OverWorld for it. How did you get that video?

I didn't put a Shiny Gyarados code, he said he just kept reloading till the Shiny Gyarados appeared (lucky he got it, anyway)
And, about the OW, I put the S.Gyarados and Ampharos sprite (you didn't played B3.5 so you didn't noticed it, didn't you wonder why I erased the line in my Glicthes List that used to say "There are some OWs that don't correspond what they should be")

I have a problem with the game - it doesn't work on my pc :(
I have a clean firered rom, the ips-file and an ips program, but when I start the game, then the copyright/credits of Nintendo appearse and then a blue screen and nothing happens after that.

Go to the options in your emulator: Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128k
If that doesn't work get another FR rom (the best place: GOOGLE!)

Does anyone know what zel's gonna do to fix the problem of beating the Elite Four and showing up in Pallet Town? I guess he could take New Bark and switch it with Pallet.

Hehe... Exactly the way I did it the next day I finished the whole E4 thing... Was it that obvious? JOJO!

Pues zel, vaya k te está yendo bien por aqui...
Muchisimos fans, toda una leyenda, Ah, y por cierto, me subiran el Warn si no posteo en Ingles?
Saludos!

Pues tenes que postear en ambos idiomas Lex, a pesar que no manejes bien el Ingles...
Beep-beep (translating mode by Zel v3.1): Well, you need to post in both languages Lex, even when you don't deal well with English...

That's it, well, unfortunately I can only do stuff on my nights (I need to keep studying, just in case), but if I have to wander around forums and posting, then I don't have time to do things on the hack, so I'm "between the sword & the wall". So, please be easy on me... Please?

Also, forgive me for lacking on my usual sense of humor... Sometimes it's not possible (I guess you all study, so you can imagine)

:tired:
:knockedou

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
It might be not quite on topic, but I've got Pokemon Diamond Japanese on my flashcard and am playing it. The thing is, I keep getting the similar feeling when playing it as I have with ShinyGold/Crystal (original):)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Nice Zel, I was wondering when you would come back and check on us. I hav'nt found any new glitches, I'll tell you if i do. It's turning out great keep up the good work.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
This is coming along very nicely! One question: Although it may not be a priority, is there any chance that you'll ever try to change the world map? I can't stand having to walk all the way to some town so I can Fly where I want to...

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 9, 2011
Hey Zel, I just wanna say very well done, this is a fantastic game, and very well put together, even though I've only reached Violet City (technically Azela town but I'll get to that in a sec) so far the game is looking second to none, however so far I've found one major problem, when you have to face Team Rocket in slowpoke well, neither of the first 2 rockets challenged me, and when I went to talk to either of them the first Rocket (the one who Kurt scares) talked jargon, and when I spoke to the Second Rocket(the female on the hill top) the game crashed, I hadn't saved in a while so took me straight back to the gym in Violet (that almost made me cry T_T) just thought I'd mention it so you can rectify the problem, other than that so far no problems, and one hell of a game, CONGRATULATIONS.

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
Years
Hey Zel, I just wanna say very well done, this is a fantastic game, and very well put together, even though I've only reached Violet City (technically Azela town but I'll get to that in a sec) so far the game is looking second to none, however so far I've found one major problem, when you have to face Team Rocket in slowpoke well, neither of the first 2 rockets challenged me, and when I went to talk to either of them the first Rocket (the one who Kurt scares) talked jargon, and when I spoke to the Second Rocket(the female on the hill top) the game crashed, I hadn't saved in a while so took me straight back to the gym in Violet (that almost made me cry T_T) just thought I'd mention it so you can rectify the problem, other than that so far no problems, and one hell of a game, CONGRATULATIONS.

I believe it is a known bug in ShinyGold V3.5. It was fine in V3 and I think a couple of posts back (or maybe pages) Zel had sorted this.

Pokemon_X

Trainer
Years
I have a problem with the game - it doesn't work on my pc
I have a clean firered rom, the ips-file and an ips program, but when I start the game, then the copyright/credits of Nintendo appearse and then a blue screen and nothing happens after that.
What did I do wrong?
Can someone upload the "overwrited" firered-version for me?
if what Zel already mentioned doesn't work try finding a newer version of VBA.
I had the same problem when i played with VBA v. 1.1, then i tried it with VBA 1.72 and halleluja. iIt worked.

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
Years
Dont try to use the female trainer. Right now her sprites are messy because of the palette change. (Still haven't changed her, by the way...)

On the first page is a list of all current questions/issues with ShinyGold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back