• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
  • there is one reason why i dont think it was zel. He said he doesn't approve of and never does cheat so i dont think thats it. I dunno tho, i may be wrong

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Well the most important part of the Red Gyarados vid is the OW. We've stated that maybe he got the chance of 1/1892 for getting a shiny gyarados. So the OW is now what I'm puzzled about.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • oh, alright then. But still, im very confused. Obviously, its chaotix playing because of the chao. So maybe he encountered the gyradoes and it was shiny. But still, that wouldnt change the overworld sprite

rune the 1st

......................... .....
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2008
    He used gold's sprite as in sprite the old one or as in the character's?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I think they mean fail, and the guy obviously cheated for the pokeballs so why wouldnt he cheat for shiny gyarados while he was at it.

whoops I posted that before I saw marz post

We don't really care how he encountered the Shiny Gyarados because there's the possibility of 1/1982 We want to know about the OW (OverWorld) Sprite.

He used gold's sprite as in sprite the old one or as in the character's?

The player's character.

Narutonoor

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • You can gameshark this hack, the gameshark fire red codes still work, I used the catch trainer pokemon hack and the 5000xp per battle code off gameshark.com , I mean I needed a fire type pokemon and couldn'd find one so I stole the one dudes magmar in the underground basement before the exit to the basement of the super store in goldenrod. Fire punch ftw?!

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I had that overworld sprite on my shiny gold file.

Really?? It's supposed to be your character...

Zel, did you put give the Red Gyarados a sprite in v3.5?? I didn't play it so I wouldn't know.

Chaotix

Love to test
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2020
    Really?? It's supposed to be your character...

Zel, did you put give the Red Gyarados a sprite in v3.5?? I didn't play it so I wouldn't know.

i've been playing 3.5. i've never played the other betas, so i wouldnt know if the Gyarados OW was different in them.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    i've been playing 3.5. i've never played the other betas, so i wouldnt know if the Gyarados OW was different in them.

WHOA! So zel actually made a Red Gyarados OW! How come he didn't tell us?

Chaotix

Love to test
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2020
    maybe he forgot? didnt he say he was on hiatus or something till the 27th or 6th or something? I saw that on the first post.

rune the 1st

......................... .....
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2008
    And here is where the walk through walls cheat comes in.......I won't play the game until it's full I'll just skim it like I always do.....yet the strong pokemon always get the better of me....

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
  • This is a trully amazing hack, gold was my fav game out of all of them! But to play it with 3rd gen graphics is amazing. I love what youve done with the game so far and cant wait to see what new features your going to add to kanto!

Keep up the great work man!

jj_olli

It's coming...
    Years
  • Hey guys, do youknow, when zel is going to be back?
    I want to play Beta 4, that game will be great.:classic:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have a problem with the game - it doesn't work on my pc :(
    I have a clean firered rom, the ips-file and an ips program, but when I start the game, then the copyright/credits of Nintendo appearse and then a blue screen and nothing happens after that.
    What did I do wrong?
    Can someone upload the "overwrited" firered-version for me?

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2013
    Do NOT double post, and, read the first post. Tabitha, I understand it's great you're telling him, but it's better off telling him to look at the first post. It contains all the info you need, and it was also important for him to have read the rules.

Also, it shouldn't be that hard. Get a clean Fire Red rom, download the IPS patch. NAME THE GBA ROM AND THE PATCH THE SAME THING, if you haven't, and then play. This was also stated in the first post, where zel gave a link to the 'how to play hacks' thread.

Years
  • Also, it shouldn't be that hard. Get a clean Fire Red rom, download the IPS patch. NAME THE GBA ROM AND THE PATCH THE SAME THING, if you haven't, and then play. This was also stated in the first post, where zel gave a link to the 'how to play hacks' thread.

I'm sorry that I made problems, but I tried to use the tips from the thread "before playing a hack", but it didn't solve the problem :(
    My question is, if some could upload a patched version and not the ips-patch, because it didn't work on my pc. I can't say why, because the original rom (firered) is playable, but when I patch this rom with other ips-files it doesn't work either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back