• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things you believed were true, as a kid

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • The blanket fairy.

For those that have never heard of this, it was a type of 'fairy' that would take away your security blanket when you reached a certain age. It was sort of like the tooth fairy because once you had your security blanket taken away, you were left with a prize of some kind. I think my parents came up with this for me because I was more than likely to be upset if they just took it away normally.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • That rhinos were born when werewolfs popped unicorns (side effect of reading too many fantasy books I guess {XD}).

Did anyone else believe that or anything similar? ^_^

Pika Pika :chu:

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • I literally used to think every human on earth was born with male reproductive organs, and slowly through-out your life a select few of us would develop the female counterpart. I remember being about 4 and asking the guy my mom was dating at the time when he grew his... well, y'know. Female parts. That was also the day I learned it didn't work that way. Idk I think it was a product of being raised solely by a woman for most of my childhood years but that's beside the fact - I still find it hilarious.

Until I was about 20 I also believed keeping your eyes crossed for too long would make them stick like that. A little embarrassing when my girlfriend informed me otherwise.

pkmin3033

I used to believe that if the wind changed direction whilst I was pulling a stupid face it'd be stuck that way. Of course, I look in the mirror now and think that might just have been preferable to what I've ended up with, haha.

I also used to believe that if you burped and farted at the same time you'd explode. In my defence, I wasn't the only one - a lot of my school friends were worried about that. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    I believed that Santa Claus was real :) And even when I understood that all gifts were from my parents I still believed in the magic of this holiday :)

hhDude

Freeky Deeky
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2017
    That girls didn't fart.

I don't know why, maybe I never heard a girl fart as a kid, or overheard my mom tell my sister "girls don't fart it's not ladylike" or something.
    Then I heard it happen one day in elementary school and I was just so offended and shocked.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • That the sun/moon was following me everywhere whenever we'd go for a ride in the car; that the moon itself was made out of green cheese; that all employees slept/lived in their workplaces; that Santa was actually Jesus in disguise (I don't know how that one came about, either); that puppets used on shows like Sesame Street were real animals/people (though I actually did know in the back of my mind that they weren't; I just didn't want to believe they were fake)... the list probably goes on.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    That the sun/moon was following me everywhere whenever we'd go for a ride in the car; that the moon itself was made out of green cheese; that all employees slept/lived in their workplaces; that Santa was actually Jesus in disguise (I don't know how that one came about, either); that puppets used on shows like Sesame Street were real animals/people (though I actually did know in the back of my mind that they weren't; I just didn't want to believe they were fake)... the list probably goes on.

How did you know I wasn't stalking you?

Nope, but I used to believe that user Nah is a girl...

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    The afterlife surely exists. Evil people go to hell and Good people go to heaven. There is no in-between.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • When I was in kindergarten, since all I ever heard was that girls didn't have "peepee"s like boys and sat down to urinate, I thought girls peed from thier butts.

It made a lot of sense at the time.

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I had this strong belief when I was eleven that The Doctor from Doctor Who was regenerated each time on an on-and-off line of homosexual and heterosexual.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • My dad got me to believe that you could change the radio station in your car by sneezing. He even did it in front of me to prove that it worked! Of course, years later, I found out he had pressed a button on the steering wheel of the car and that was what actually changed the radio station. Guess I was a pretty gullible kid when I was younger lol. XD

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • When I was a little kid and still had to go to Church with school and stuff. I actually thought that the bread thingy was a piece of Jesus' body and the wine was actually his blood cause they say that in the story but mean it figuratively. And I didn't get how they hadn't ran out of it after 2000 years.

Other than that, the usual santa/easter bunny stuff.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    did anyone else think that the tv channels would pause when you turned it off? I was extremely upset when I realized that it doesn't and I missed my damn show because of it

Back