• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things you believed were true, as a kid

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I used to believe in just about every creepypasta there was when I was about 10 years old. Like ones about this guy, the Tails Doll.

Spoiler:

Back then, I read so much stuff about people being killed by humming a song related to it, but now I see it as kinda cute. A mesmerising kind of cute. I just remember being unable to sleep, yet really wanting to perform some kind of ritual to summon it. Weird stuff.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
    I believed that those white smoke from factories was highly toxic stuff (instead of condense)

So I even went on different routes on my bike if I got close to one of those. ;) I cost me quite a bit of time.

Last edited:

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
    Not me, but my sister in law used to believe that the grease spots in the road were kids didn't look both ways before crossing the street >.>

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Back then I thought I can walk and float on the air directly just like in several martial arts movies, then I learned the hard way that this isn't the case in real life, when I was on primary school. "Do not try this at home (or school, in this case)", indeed.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The first thing off the top of my head is that my mom told me it was illegal to have on the light inside of the car during the night. She said it could blind the driver and get us pulled over. And I believed her. I only found out like a year or two ago that she made it up so that I wouldn't leave it on in the car lol. I still don't turn it on though because it left such an impression on me...

And lbr, it's annoying when it's on.

Drogan

Master of the Cannons
    Years
    When I was a kid, I believed Mountain Dew shrank... umm... for those who know, yeah.

I believed as a kid that adults had the world figured out, that everyone around me knew how to navigate life.

Boy, was I wrong.

This one too!

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    It's really stupid but I had no idea what black friday was and I thought it was something similar to black history month or MLK day, it was simply a matter or no one actually explaining it to me, I eventually figured it out as I got older and my parents would leave for deals.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    That eating toast would make your hair curly and eating carrots would improve your eyesight.

I've ate a lot of carrots in my lifetime and can confirm that this is false. In fact, it only got worse :/

Back