• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things you believed were true, as a kid

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • 90% of the brain is developed by the age of 5 (or so says a popular ad). But is it developed enough to understand the happenings of the world around it? Of course not.

A child has his/her own perspective of seeing things, which are not always true.

So what were the things you believed were true, as a kid, only to realize they weren't, when you grew older?

Pika Pika :chu:

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
  • I always thought the tooth fairy was real, as a kid.
    As I never could find where my tooth ended up and there was always money for them later on, under my pillow. That was wasn't so much a fantasy, as it was a child's imagination being healthy.

As time goes on, you're are left to pick up the pieces of a reality, that was fun while it lasted.
    Though could spell complications later in life.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Only men had intercourse with women.

Nowdays and since 5ever, everyone can do everything on everything now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That Ash Ketchum actually was 10 years old.

He's totally a midget, come on.
    ....when I was ten I thought he was attractive. I had a few posters on my wall of him and used to stare at them, thinking how attractive he was. :(

I hope other people were attracted to Ash.

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    I believed that people were naturally empathetic to all types of different people, and weren't just focused on race or sexuality, but also accepting different personality types and quirks.

Oooh, boy, guess how that turned out.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The usual Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy stuff lol, I know my belief in Santa ended young but idk when I realized the others weren't real.
    I also used to believe there actually was a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i vividly remember as a kid seeing an interview with the cast of the first harry potter movie and losing my mind after being told the characters from the books/movie weren't actually people in real life and i was just seeing actors

literally pointing at the tv and asking how harry potter was there and being shocked when my mother said 'that's... that's daniel radcliffe.'

Sirfetch’d

That teachers slept in the school building. Everyone believed this, right?? I don't know anyone who didn't, haha.

You are the first person that I have ever met who believed this :s

When I was younger I always thought that doctors were immune to getting sick :c

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Santa Claus; Easter Bunny; babies were delivered by storks; Super Saiyans; football only existed in my country; movies were real; teachers lived in the school and doctors in the hospital, and probably some other stuff I can't remember.

Back