• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Black and White

spasticbuddha

"You can't ignore my girth"
Years
briiiiiiiiiiing!

ugh...wha?

briiiiiiiiiiing!

...oh crap, the alarm!

A thin arm slowly emerged from a mountain of blankets that covered the queen sized bed, and inched toward the alarm clock nestled on the bedside table. A tired, disheveled head creeper out of the warm bundle and looked at the clock.

"Uh....how is it so late already?" Josh mumbled incoherently to no one in particular. He gradually lifted himself out of bed and stumbled over to the bathroom mirror, grabbing some clothes along the way. He dressed quickly, slipping on a plain black t shirt, black hoodie, and one of his seemingly countless pairs of cargo pants.

Adorned with more pockets than a backpack warehouse, and a necklace with half a dozen pokeballs attached to it, Josh looked quite strange indeed. However, he couldn't care less; in his mind, practicality beat style any day.

He finally shook the sleep out of his eyes and looked at himself in the mirror, bringing a hand up to smooth out his hair when he realized that his hair never looked any different whether he had woken up or had been through a windstorm.

As the fog of exhaustion finally cleared from his mind, he perked up, remembering why he had bothered to get up in the first place: he was getting his first Pokemon today! Josh double checked to make sure he hadn't left anything, and headed out the door of the hotel he was staying at, leaving the maid to clean up the mess.

----

Josh had only been in Nuvema town for two days, but he already loved the place. Quiet and tranquil, with a temperate climate and an awesome beach view, the town was everything he enjoyed. Excited though he was, he walked slowly through the small streets, enjoying the cool air and scenery. Eventually, he came upon a large building and smiled; he had arrived at the lab.

-----

"Hey, ah, is anyone here?" Josh asked to the seemingly empty room. "Oh, hello! My name is Professor Juniper! You're quite late, you know." A woman said, stepping out from behind some machinery. Josh looked at the woman wearing a tank top, short skirt and tennis shoes, and let out a chuckle. "Something tells me that's not exactly standard scientist apparel, professor..." he replied with a smirk. "So, where's my new best friend at?"

"Well, several trainers beat you here, but I still have a few Pokemon here. How about this one?", the professor asked, opening the closest ball. Light shimmered out of the red and white orb and settled on the floor in front of them.

A small, furry, vaguely rodent like creature sat on the floor looking up at Josh. "Wow....I've seen more intimidating balls of dryer lint....". He clearly wasn't impressed. "Oh come now, Josh, minccino is a very popular Pokemon! You're lucky to have one!", the always upbeat professor said. "Eh, at least it's not a trubbish, I guess...." Josh said quietly, picking up his new Pokemon. The energetic ball of fur looked up at him, as if studying the new trainer. After a few moments, minccino smiles and pressed against Josh's chest, apparently trying to hug him.

"Awww....how cute! You two seem to be getting along great already!" Juniper exclaimed with a smile. "Haha yeah, at least he'll help me meet women" Josh replied with a slight smirk.

"Well, before you two head out, I should give you your map, pokedex, and some spare pokeballs", Juniper said, handing him the supplies. Josh deposited the pokedex and map on two of his seemingly endless pockets, but rejected the pokeballs, pointing to his necklace and saying "no thanks doc; I already have five spares and I don't plan on getting more than six Pokemon." He attached his minccino's empty ball to the empty slot on his necklace, filling it with six balls.

"Well, what do you say we hang around town a while before we head out on our adventure?" Josh asked the bundle of cute in his hands. Minccino smiled at him and climbed onto his shoulder to ride on.

"Thanks for everything professor! I won't let you down!" Josh yelled as he walked out the door, not bothering to wait to see how she responded.

Years
-insert fog horn onomatopoeia-

Neil's sapphire eyes flashed open, but he continued to rest on his back in the quaint ship cabin. The speaker in the corner of the room above the white leather loveseat gently buzzed.

"Welcome to NuvemaTown
, and to Unova. It's been a pleasure to accompany you all, and I hope you enjoy your stay," the captain's deep voice hummed before silence fell like a veil over the teenager's room. He assumed most of the other passenger's were crowding the deck, luggage in hand, ready to exit the luxurious ship. At that thought, a pang twisted in Neil's stomach, but whether it derived from his feelings of anxiousness or homesick was up in the air.

After nearly a half an hour of collecting his belongings which he had needed out over night and double checking the room for anything he may have forgotten, Neil made his way up to the main deck where the exit ramp branched off of. He stopped at the top of the ramp, which reminded him of a plank, his hand nervously clenching the rope-railing. The little town was before him, nestled in a clearing in a forest of pines, small houses mostly dotting the area, though one larger, refined building stood out behind everything else. And Neil knew that was his destination.

He was glued to the spot, though. A few people straggling behind the rest, like himself, weaved around the young man and made their way onto Unova, but Neil's legs were held at the edge by anchors. But then his cheek tingled with the most soothing sensation. A new, crisp breeze had picked up over the gentle sea and suddenly Neil felt confidence bubbling in his gut, and a taste of inspiration peppered his tongue. So he effortlessly walked down the ramp without a hint of shame, backpack slung over his shoulder and mini-suitcase in hand, craving adventure.

After walking straight to the Pokemon lab which Neil had earlier identified, he hesitated at the electrically sliding doors, before locking his intentions on getting a Pokemon. He stepped forward and the doors slid open. As he trounced in with once again revived confidence, someone yelled:

"Whoa there!" A girl practically leaped out of Neil's path, catching herself on the wall. Blushing, he froze once more. Apparently his confidence had blinded him to oncoming traffic.

"Sorry sorry, my bad! I'm really sorry!" he slurred with a pleading tone, wanting to face-palm his flushed face. But upon glancing at his victim, Neil could literally feel his jaw drop.

This girl was flipping gorgeous. Her dark hair ended at her shoulders in elegant ringlets, which nicely complemented her expertly tanned complexion. She had eyes of ice in the middle of her flawless face. From what he could see, her bod was hoppin' as well. On her shoulder was a yellow puff thing, with multiple eyes and legs- a Bug type, no doubt. The girl's captivating eyes rolled, emanating her sass.

"Christ calm down. No damage done, we're all good aren't we?" the hot chick rapidly questioned, turning the pity on him as she inquired about his state, though in a very rude and roundabout manner. Neil stared silently for a moment, and her perfect eyebrows rose impatiently.

"Yeah yeah. Look I really should've been watching wh-"

"Save the sputtering apology, won't you? I haven't got the time." She then proceeded to force her way past him and out the doors, which were still being held open since Neil was near enough to the sensor.

"Wait a second!" he called, watching this girl attempt to leave on such a bad note. "Please," he added kindly after she ignored him. The girl stopped and turned. "Look, we got off on a rough foot, can we just redo this?" Neil couldn't figure out why he was trying to hard for a girl who clearly had no interest in him. Instead of commenting, her eyebrows again rose, insisting that he continue. Shrugging, he proceeded to introduce himself.

"I'm Neil," Neil stated with a little, innocent smile. She smiled back, but mockingly.

"And I'm late." Shocked and offended, the boy subconsciously stepped backwards, and the doors slid shut with flawless timing as the late girl finally departed with no intentions of being interrupted again.

So it was with destroyed confidence and heavy steps that Neil entered the Professor's lab. Juniper, a fairly young, jolly woman with dazzlingly green eyes welcomed the boy to the new region and showed him to his options in a circular machine. There was at least a dozen spots around the circumference, but only about six Pokeballs remained.

"I've been reading up on your bio, and I think this little guy will keep you company nicely," she said professionally, and grabbed a Pokeball out of the machine before opening it. A red ray sliced the air in the room and a little white-yellow-and-black squirrel appeared, cheeping happily, and leaped over to Neil, looking up with enormous black eyes. "This Emolga is particularly affectionate, though maybe a bit clingy. What do you say? Does he look like a good match?"

Neil swayed a bit, his head light as a balloon. A permanent partner, that's what he needed.

"He's perfect." The professor smiled, though her new "pupil" remained resolute like a gargoyle.

"Excellent, then here is a Pokedex that I'd like you to try to fill. Just point it at a Pokemon, like so, and it registers its data." She pointed the machine at the Emolga, and the machine read, in an automated voice:

"They live on treetops and glide using the inside of a cape-like membrane while discharging electricity."

"Also, here are some Pokeballs so you may enhance your team, and this is a map of the region. Good luck!" the woman quickly spewed, hastening the conversation as another teenager entered the room. Taking the cue, Neil left the lab and stretched in the sunlight bathing Nuvema Town, a companion nestled on his shoulder.
brilliant introduction! really enjoyed the part where he got rejected by the girl. :P

-Neil obtained a Level 10 Emolga
-Neil obtained a Pokedex
-Neil obtained a Town Map
-Neil obtained five Poke Balls

Nuvema Town and Alex

'Ladies and gentlemen, we've arrived in Nuvema Town, remember to take everything with you, everything you leave in the ferry will be lost', A woman voice said through an intercom. A chubby boy wearing a black vest stood up he grabbed his black backpack and put it on his back, next to him stood a small pink pokemon.

'Mun, Munna', The pink pokemon said. 'I know, it's cool isn't', the boy said. The two of them left the ferry and made their first step in Unova and Nuvema Town. ' Yeah, we've finally arrived in Nuvema town our journey is about to start', The boy cried excited. 'Where are we supposed to go now', he grabbed a list out of his left pocket and read it. 'Wake up...get on the ferry...go to the lab of professor Juniper', The boy read. 'Munna let's go and find professor Junipers....'. BOINK.

'Can't you watch out', A boy shouted to Max. The boy was light skinned had brown hair, he wore a blue polo and had black jeans. 'What do you mean, you bumped up to me remember', Max shouted back. 'Hmpfh, whatever', The boy said and he walked away. 'What was that all about', Max thought in himself and he walked to the town and started searching for the Lab. After half an hour he arrived he went inside.

'Alex I'm happy you want to help me', A female voice said, as Max came closer he saw the boy who bumped up to him talking to the professor. 'Ooh hello, you must be Max, my name is Juniper, professor Juniper', The professor said while greating Max. 'Ye-yes Ma'am', Max stuttered. Juniper moved her head towards Alex ' Wait for Max, you guys can start your journeys together'. Max and Alex faces both transformed both angry. 'Sure', Alex said with a fake smile on his face. 'Max to make a long story short I would really appreciate it if you would help complete this pokedex for me', Juniper said while showing Max the pokedex, it was a red box with a black button on it. ' The pokedex is an encyclopedia, every time you meet a pokemon it's info will be stored in the pokedex', Juniper explained. 'In order to catch the pokemon you'll need this though', She said and handed Max the pokedex and five pokeballs. ' And here is a town map, you can use it whenever you get lost'. 'Thank you professor', Max said happily, he had a huge smile on his face. 'You're welcome now go, have fun, I'll connect you as soon as possible, you both', Juniper told the boys. The boys walked away, both looking to each other angrily, as soon as they got out of the lab Alex started talking to Max. ' Pathetic, a boy like you getting such a responsibility'. Max was surprised. ' I bet you can't even win one pokemon battle', Alex continued. 'I accept the challenge', Max replied. 'Allright then meet me at route 1 and we'll settle this', Alex said and he walked away.

'What a jerk', Max said to Munna. 'We're going to take that guy out'. 'Mun, Munna', Munna cried. 'That's the spirit Mun', Max smiled and he walked to route 1

(OOC: I made this on my blackberry so, I apologize for any grammar mistakes)
great intro, although yes, see if you can type your next posts up on a computer. :)

-Max obtained a Level 10 Munna
-Max obtained a Pokedex
-Max obtained a Town Map
-Max obtained five Poke Balls

Angel hissed at Gene and his Snivy. "If you think your so tough, why don't you and I have ourselves a little battle on route 1. What do you say Gene?", She asked. "I'll be waiting on Route 1 for you. Don't leave me hanging", and with that she turned away. She saw more kids come out with pokemon. One had a Munna and another had a Tepig. She tossed her head, her silky hair flying everywhere. Her first impression of the people here was not a good one, and she didn't feel inclined to go and introduce herself. Not after what had happened the first time. She finished her orange juice and packed away her feathers. She got up and started walking. The boy with the Munna had run into another boy on the way off the ferry. She shook her head. She scooped up NightStar and carried him. She was wearing her backpack, so all she needed to do now was walk. She saw the boy with the Munna heading her way. She put NightStar on her shoulder and put her hair up in a high pony-tail. NightStar curled around her neck and fell asleep. She stopped after walking for 10 minutes. This is where she and Gene would have their battle. It was a nice, flat area. "Rest and gain strength, my baby. I'm certian you'll need it. Don't under-estimate V. I suspect that he has more than he's shown us", she said, petting the cat.
you don't have to be everyone's rival, you know :P oh well. I'm looking forward to the battle.

briiiiiiiiiiing!

ugh...wha?

briiiiiiiiiiing!

...oh crap, the alarm!

A thin arm slowly emerged from a mountain of blankets that covered the queen sized bed, and inched toward the alarm clock nestled on the bedside table. A tired, disheveled head creeper out of the warm bundle and looked at the clock.

"Uh....how is it so late already?" Josh mumbled incoherently to no one in particular. He gradually lifted himself out of bed and stumbled over to the bathroom mirror, grabbing some clothes along the way. He dressed quickly, slipping on a plain black t shirt, black hoodie, and one of his seemingly countless pairs of cargo pants.

Adorned with more pockets than a backpack warehouse, and a necklace with half a dozen pokeballs attached to it, Josh looked quite strange indeed. However, he couldn't care less; in his mind, practicality beat style any day.

He finally shook the sleep out of his eyes and looked at himself in the mirror, bringing a hand up to smooth out his hair when he realized that his hair never looked any different whether he had woken up or had been through a windstorm.

As the fog of exhaustion finally cleared from his mind, he perked up, remembering why he had bothered to get up in the first place: he was getting his first Pokemon today! Josh double checked to make sure he hadn't left anything, and headed out the door of the hotel he was staying at, leaving the maid to clean up the mess.

----

Josh had only been in Nuvema town for two days, but he already loved the place. Quiet and tranquil, with a temperate climate and an awesome beach view, the town was everything he enjoyed. Excited though he was, he walked slowly through the small streets, enjoying the cool air and scenery. Eventually, he came upon a large building and smiled; he had arrived at the lab.

-----

"Hey, ah, is anyone here?" Josh asked to the seemingly empty room. "Oh, hello! My name is Professor Juniper! You're quite late, you know." A woman said, stepping out from behind some machinery. Josh looked at the woman wearing a tank top, short skirt and tennis shoes, and let out a chuckle. "Something tells me that's not exactly standard scientist apparel, professor..." he replied with a smirk. "So, where's my new best friend at?"

"Well, several trainers beat you here, but I still have a few Pokemon here. How about this one?", the professor asked, opening the closest ball. Light shimmered out of the red and white orb and settled on the floor in front of them.

A small, furry, vaguely rodent like creature sat on the floor looking up at Josh. "Wow....I've seen more intimidating balls of dryer lint....". He clearly wasn't impressed. "Oh come now, Josh, minccino is a very popular Pokemon! You're lucky to have one!", the always upbeat professor said. "Eh, at least it's not a trubbish, I guess...." Josh said quietly, picking up his new Pokemon. The energetic ball of fur looked up at him, as if studying the new trainer. After a few moments, minccino smiles and pressed against Josh's chest, apparently trying to hug him.

"Awww....how cute! You two seem to be getting along great already!" Juniper exclaimed with a smile. "Haha yeah, at least he'll help me meet women" Josh replied with a slight smirk.

"Well, before you two head out, I should give you your map, pokedex, and some spare pokeballs", Juniper said, handing him the supplies. Josh deposited the pokedex and map on two of his seemingly endless pockets, but rejected the pokeballs, pointing to his necklace and saying "no thanks doc; I already have five spares and I don't plan on getting more than six Pokemon." He attached his minccino's empty ball to the empty slot on his necklace, filling it with six balls.

"Well, what do you say we hang around town a while before we head out on our adventure?" Josh asked the bundle of cute in his hands. Minccino smiled at him and climbed onto his shoulder to ride on.

"Thanks for everything professor! I won't let you down!" Josh yelled as he walked out the door, not bothering to wait to see how she responded.
great intorduction! I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in your next post.

-Josh obtained a Level 10 Minncino
-Josh obtained a Pokedex
-Josh obtained a Town Map
-Josh obtained five Poke Balls

Last edited:

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Gene laughed even harder when the girl challenged him to a battle. This is to funny first he finds out that the trainers here are going to be morons and now he gets to test V's strength great! He would go to route one and quickly beat the girl and then scout out the other trainers. Gene looked to V who was resting on his shoulder and gave him a devilish smile.
"Alright V our first battle will be with that Purrloin don't underestimate our enemy always expect the unexpected and don't hold back," X said in a serious voice. His words sounded like words of encouragement and V jumped off Gene's shoulder and made a small noise. V was fired up and so was Gene but before he was going to go fight this girl and totally destroy her he wanted to see the other trainers.

He watched one boy run out of the Pokémon lab with a Tepig another with a Emolga. Gene laughed a bit when he listened in on the boy with the Munna's conversations with another person. Another battle uh? After gene would defeat Angel he would go and watch the other making sure his Snivy paid attention to how the others fought. None of the other trainers impressed him they all seemed like they would just get in his way of making it to the top but whatever if they got in his way he'd just knock them down. Gene walked for a few moments with V besides him before they stopped with Angel in view. This was it his first battle and it would probably be easy.

"Alright Angel! I'm ready for our little battle now!" Vel shouted to his opponent a confident look on his face.

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
Angel had closed her eyes, enjoying the sunshine on Route 1. It was very pretty here, lots of flowers, trees, grass, everything. She heard Gene and opened her eyes. She smiled. "About time. I thought you'd never show up", She teased. She set NightStar down, much to the cat's annoyance. She gestured to Gene and V. "Your move first. I never attack first. It's against my battle style.", She said calmly. NightStar braced herself, ready for the attack. Nightstar hissed at V. "Now, now NightStar. Behave yourself. No matter how this turns out, I'll be very proud of you. As long as you do your best, it doesn't matter to me wether you win or lose.", She said, petting the cat."Purr-loin", NightStar purred.

Years
okay, there's something that wasn't in the original rules which I didn't to mention:

when having a battle with another player in the RP, you must organise a joint post through PM so the thread doesn't get cluttered with attack followed by attack of a pokemon.

carry on. :)

Years
With Carl finally gaining his starter Pokemon and his tools to begin his journey, there was nothing in his way of stopping him. So, without further ado, Carl cheerfully walked out of the Pokemon Lab and walked down the path heading towards Route 1.
Everything was still looking the same. Trees, trees, and more trees. However, as the afternoon was passing by, the sunlight reflecting over the trees was beginning to ware off slightly. Carl wasn't bothered though, all he wanted to do right now was to just head on off to the first gym. During Carl's walk, he spotted the girl who he saw before, who rudely commented towards him. Carl tried his best to avoid eye contact, but that didn't stop her. Once their paths crossed, she sniggered. Carl turned around.
"You got something to say to me?" he didn't take too kindly to people who insult him, especially if he doesn't know them.
"Yeah." she bowed her head, "You're not going to stand a chance out there. I can tell just by looking at you."
"Excuse me?!"
"You heard me. I'm going to be the best. And once I'm the champion, you're going to have to face me if you ever want to take that title away from me." part the way through she was speaking, Carl shook his head.
"Don't bet on that." he kept his cool.
"Don't be so sure. It won't be long until the name Hayley Sandford becomes familiar to you. That's me, by the way." she introduced herself.
"Oh, really? I'm Carl Banks, and you're going to be hearing my name a lot as well. Maybe all the gym leaders will tell you about me and the way I battled them so well once you get started." Carl began arguing, turning his head back away from her.
"Oh, I'm just getting started right about now. You think you're a better trainer than me, why don't you battle me? We'll see who the real trainer is." Hayley told him, with a smug expression on her face.
"Of course, I don't mind. Got nothing to lose. Unlike you, who claims to have the reputation of a queen." Carl wasn't afraid of her at all. In fact, this was what he wanted. It'd be nice for Tepig to get started on a battle at this stage.
"Okay then, bring it!" she didn't seem too scared either. Straight away, she clicked her finger in front of Carl's face, and then both of them walked a few paces backwards, then turning around again.
This was Carl's first ever battle. Maybe not Hayley's, but it was definitely going to be a battle to remember for Carl, hopefully for the right reasons. While Hayley was determined to prove that she was going to be the better trainer, Carl was as well, but it didn't look as if he was anywhere near as bothered as Hayley was. She was arrogant, and didn't like being told what she could and couldn't do. Carl's realistic personality clashed with Hayley's cocky, self-centred personality.
"Alright, come on out, Tepig!" Carl took the small Poke Ball out of his bag, tossed it to the ground and then caught it back, Tepig came out of the Poke Ball, looking fierce. It saw Hayley, and immediately sensed that it was the rival, and pushed it's body back while small sparks of fire shot towards the ground from it's nostrils.
"Ha! A Fire-type? Oh, this battle should be easy. Show them your stuff, Tympole!" Hayley had took the Poke Ball from her red bag and had also thrown it to the ground, releasing Tympole. Small, scrawny faced and it had no legs. To keep up on the ground. It had to flop it's translucent orange tail above the ground. However, Carl noticed something unusual.
"Wait, isn't Tympole meant to have a blue tail?" Carl questioned, remembering this from his research.
"Nope. However, this Tympole is special, like me. Only Tympole is a shiny Pokemon, I received it as my starter Pokemon off Juniper. Isn't it adorable?" she did reveal her soft, girly side a little.
"Uh... not really." Carl said. Hayley humphed, not feeling impressed with Carl, and folding her arms. Carl had enough of the small talk, and wanted to get the battle over with. Thankfully, he could remember what he had studied during his research and knew the moves which Tepig had available.
"Okay, enough! Tepig, kick this off with Tackle!" he pointed to Tympole, and Tepig has launched off it's hind legs to charge at Tympole.
"Jump!" Hayley had quickly interruped the attack, commanding Tympole to move quickly, which it did - it's tail bounced off the ground a couple of metres and did a little backflip, Tepig charging right through the space where Tympole was and missing. It stopped and turned back.
"Okay, quickly! Try again!" Carl shouted. Fortunately, Tepig had heard, and had took a revenge shot at Tympole, who was struck off the ground and knocked forward. The attack didn't appear to hurt too much, but Tympole had recoiled for a second right before it got back up.
"Ugh! How dare you! Tympole, use Bubble while it's still close! Hayley wasn't happy at Carl's strategy. As soon as Tympole had heard Hayley's command, it had turned back quickly and had released many small, crystal clear bubbles from it's mouth, which travelled quite quickly.
"Run away from that, Tepig!!" Carl had interrupted the attack, just like Hayley before. Tepig wasn't too fast though, and while it was trying to run further away from the bubbles, they had caught up and smacked into Tepig's body. Because Tepig is weak to Water typed attacks, it did hurt a tad. However, after a shake, Tepig was ready to carry on.
"You're going to have to do better than that, dear." Carl bowed his head and chuckled, noticing that Tepig was barely affected.
"Don't worry. I can. Just you watch! Use Round!" straight away, Hayley had commanded Tympole to attack again. Tympole began to open it's tiny mouth, which appeared to be a whole lot bigger once opened. Then, it began to dance about on it's tail, and then sing an enormously loud tune. This noise made Tepig shake, trying to hold the noise away from it's ears. Even Carl and Hayley had their fingers in their ears, trying to block it out.
"Oh no you don't! Tepig, use Yawn!" Tepig had also opened it's mouth, then beginning to stretch out and yawn out a wave of drowzy energy, which had transferred all the way over to Tympole, who had suddenly ended it's attack. It's tail began to flap slower, and it fell closer to the ground.
"Pfft, is that the best you've got? Sleep? Ha! No worries. You just rest, Tympole!" normally the average trainer would be scared of sleep. This had Carl confused.
"What? Isn't sleep a bad thing?"
"Oh, you'll see." Hayley closed her eyes and smiled, in the confident manner she normally uses.
"Uh... yeah. Right. Tepig, use Ember!" Tepig had shot out a couple of sparks from it's nose, before then shooting a barrage of flares out a couple of seconds later. These flares had ended up hitting Tympole's body, which was just laying there on the ground, it's tail feebly slappng the ground, sleeping.
"Okay, now Tympole, use Sleep Talk!" so, this was the plan that Hayley had up her sleeve. Carl gasped in shock, he wasn't expecting this. Tympole had flapped it's tail for a bit, and had then began to open it's mouth again,
"Tyyyym-" breathing in air, "-poooooooole!" shooting out high pitched waves from it's mouth. This was Supersonic, and Carl knew what effects this could have on Tepig.
"Oh no! quick! Avoid that!" immediately, Tepig oinked and jumped out of the direction of the waves, causing no effect.
"Ugh!! Come on!" Hayley wasn't taking Carl's tricks so well. Meanwhile, he was really enjoying this battle, making her look like a fool. On the other hand, he did understand that she was pretty smart, using a move like Sleep Talk.
"Tepig, use Tackle!" Tepig didn't have many attacking moves at this moment, so this would have to do.
"Tepig, tepiiiig!", it took off from it's hind legs and charged towards Tympole, who was still fast asleep.
"Tyyyym!" once Tympole was hit, it screamed for a couple of seconds as it flew in the air, then hit the ground again and going back to sleep.
"Okay, use Sleep Talk again!" Hayley was still confident that this would work, and as Tepig was close, it could be even more accurate. It had appeared to have woken up for a second once again.
"Tyyyympole!" Tympole had then shot out a cannon of small bubbles towards Tepig, who was turned around until it had noiced them. The bubbles struck a shocked Tepig, who jumped and fell onto it's back.
"Yes! You should have seen this coming, fool." Hayley had ruled herself out as the winner, although she didn't know that the battle wasn't over yet. Matter of fact, Carl was still winning, and he had took advantage of this.
"That doesn't matter. Come on Tepig, use Ember and make it a strong one!"
"Teeeeeeepig!" Tepig hurled back it's throat, and had then shot out hundreds of little balls of fire which headed across the air, and to a started Tympole who woke up to the shock of scorching fireballs. Now it had looked rough, and didn't look like it could do much more.
"No! Tympole!" Hayley didn't like how this battle was turning out, and it was about to be over.
"Okay, let's round this up! Use Ember one last time, Tepig!" Carl had smiled in ecstacy, he was almost there.
"Te-" Tepig had retained it's neck backwards, and had then shot out another bunch of small fireballs "-piiiiiiig!"
"Tympole!!" the ember had struck Tympole, who couldn't take any more and had fell back to the ground and didn't get back up. It had became cross-eyed, meaning that it was knocked out, meaning Carl's Tepig had won the battle.
"Yes!!" Carl was in the mood of his life. His first ever battle, and it was a win. All that research he had carried out before he had began his journey had paid off. With a smile on his face, he headed over to Tepig to pet it. Tepig had also had a big grin on it's face, as their bond was just beginning to develop. Carl took the Poke Ball back out of his bag. "You did a great job, Tepig! Return!"
"It's alright Tympole, you'll do better next time. Return." Hayley, in disappointment, had returned her Pokemon and tried not to look back at Carl. She didn't like the reminder of how she had lost, especially after how confident she was.
"Now what?" Carl said, looking at her, feeling satisfied with himself. Hayley looked, and then straight away, ran off towards Route 1. Carl laughed.
"Haha! See you, definitely wouldn't want to be you!" he shouted, smiling.
Now that he had won his first battle, he was certainly ready to go, Hayley was the perfect practice from him, the rivalry which had just develloped between them was enough to fuel him up to create a strategy for Tepig and eventually, win. His work in Nuvema Town was done, and he had also began to walk over to Route 1, slowly.

-Tepig had grown to Level 12.

CrossJHero

Kiriya White......
Years

Lance had just arrived in Nuvema town via a plane to Sinnoh, and a ferry to Unova so that he could get a new start in a new place. As he got off of the ferry he noticed that Nuvema didn't have a port so he was pretty much getting off at a beach near by the town. Lance saw that the place was a small town, and he laughed at the fact that it was a popular stop, and that there was no port or even a proper dock. Lance had planned that he would spend some time learning about the pokemon of the region.

"This must be the professor's place." Lance said as he looked and saw only one building that stood up. He slowly walked in and then looked around to see his competition. Then he saw Professor Juniper, she seemed like a nice woman and Lance smiled at her and she smiled back.

"My name is Professor Juniper! You're quite late, you know." A woman said, stepping out from behind some machinery. Josh looked at the woman wearing a tank top, short skirt and tennis shoes, and Lance let out a chuckle saying, "You seem a bit young to be a Professor."

"Yes, well I am quite young for my profession I get that all the time, but now to your own issues. Several trainers beat you here, but I still have a few Pokemon here. How about this one?", the professor asked, opening the closest ball. Energy emanated out of the red and white orb and settled on the floor in front of them.

"Hm, a Pidove! I know you two will be great friends." Juniper exclaimed with a smile. All Lance was hoping was that the Pokemon was at least good enough for battle.

"Well, before you two head out, I should give you your map, pokedex, and some spare pokeballs", Juniper said, handing him the supplies. Lance took all of the supplies and said, "Thank you."

"Let's get acquainted Pidove. I wonder how much potential you have?" Lance said as he put Pidove on his shoulder.

"Thanks for everything professor! I'll make sure that your time wasn't wasted on me." Lance said as he strolled out, when he got out he used his Pokedex and checked his partner.

"Alright, a Pidove, you'll make a good partner says here you are a male and you know Gust, Growl, Leer and Brave Bird." Lance said as he smiled at his partner's attacks, itching to watch a good battle so he could know what and what not to do, as he began strolling around town."

Years
Lance had just arrived in Nuvema town via a plane to Sinnoh, and a ferry to Unova so that he could get a new start in a new place. As he got off of the ferry he noticed that Nuvema didn't have a port so he was pretty much getting off at a beach near by the town. Lance saw that the place was a small town, and he laughed at the fact that it was a popular stop, and that there was no port or even a proper dock. Lance had planned that he would spend some time learning about the pokemon of the region.

"This must be the professor's place." Lance said as he looked and saw only one building that stood up. He slowly walked in and then looked around to see his competition. Then he saw Professor Juniper, she seemed like a nice woman and Lance smiled at her and she smiled back.

"My name is Professor Juniper! You're quite late, you know." A woman said, stepping out from behind some machinery. Josh looked at the woman wearing a tank top, short skirt and tennis shoes, and Lance let out a chuckle saying, "You seem a bit young to be a Professor."

"Yes, well I am quite young for my profession I get that all the time, but now to your own issues. Several trainers beat you here, but I still have a few Pokemon here. How about this one?", the professor asked, opening the closest ball. Energy emanated out of the red and white orb and settled on the floor in front of them.

"Hm, a Pidove! I know you two will be great friends." Juniper exclaimed with a smile. All Lance was hoping was that the Pokemon was at least good enough for battle.

"Well, before you two head out, I should give you your map, pokedex, and some spare pokeballs", Juniper said, handing him the supplies. Lance took all of the supplies and said, "Thank you."

"Let's get acquainted Pidove. I wonder how much potential you have?" Lance said as he put Pidove on his shoulder.

"Thanks for everything professor! I'll make sure that your time wasn't wasted on me." Lance said as he strolled out, when he got out he used his Pokedex and checked his partner.

"Alright, a Pidove, you'll make a good partner says here you are a male and you know Gust, Growl, Leer and Brave Bird." Lance said as he smiled at his partner's attacks, itching to watch a good battle so he could know what and what not to do, as he began strolling around town."
nice to see lance starting off simple! :)

-Lance obtained a Level 10 Pidove
-Lance obtained a Pokedex
-Lance obtained a Town Map
-Lance obtained five Poke Balls

I'll probably be posting route 1 tomorrow, for those ahead.

spasticbuddha

Years
Josh and Minccino spent a few hours wandering around town, getting to know each other before they headed out on their adventure. Most of that time was spent in a small secluded park not far from the lab, sitting on a bench and watching the people and Pokemon go by. There weren't many people in the small seaside village, but the few that were there were certainly very eccentric. The pair saw no less than three clowns, and one man proudly wearing pink jeans.

While Josh's mind was reeling as to where exactly one would procure a pair of pink jeans, Minccino decided to try a new method of transportation. Instead of riding on Josh's shoulder, the chinchilla climbed to the top of his head, sitting and grabbing two clumps of his hair to keep from falling off. Josh found this new behavior very annoying at first, but quickly changed his mind when a group of girls came up to him, raving about how cute his Pokemon was.

"Well Fuzzball, it looks like you might actually be useful for something!", Josh said jokingly with a smirk as he imagined Minccino scowling down at him from atop its cranial perch. Josh always found it amazing how all Pokemon were capable of understanding human speech, no latter how unintelligent certain species *cough, slowpoke, cough* seemed. The two were on their way to the town gate, ready to head out into the unknown. Josh recalled Juniper saying that several new trainers had gotten their Pokemon earlier than he had today, and wanted to see if he could find at least a couple to travel with. As luck would have it, he saw a pair of trainers, one male and one female, in what looked to be an argument far off into the distance on route 1. Josh thought he could make out the distinct shape of a purrloin beside the female, but he couldn't be sure.

Just as he was about to race off after his new potential companions, he heard a rustling noise from behind him. Spinning around quickly, a pokeball Unchained from his necklace already in hand, Josh was disappointed to see that it was a girl standing behind him, and not a Pokemon for him to catch.

The girl looked to be about his age, and just an inch or so shorter than him. She was extremely thin, almost unhealthily so, with very pale skin and long black hair. She was wearing clothes with shades of black that matched so perfectly, it was hard to tell where her tank top ended and her jeans began. Her face was attractive; not supermodel quality mind you, but more than enough for one to want to take a second look. She had a large amount of (black, surprise surprise) eyeliner on, that served to accentuate her eyes more.

The girl said nothing, instead just staring at Josh for what started at five, but grew to more than thirty, seconds.

Okay, Josh, now would be a good time to walk away the voice of reason in his mind told him. This chick is beyond creepy. If you don't get out of there now, you'll end up in pieces in this girl's basement. Unfortunately for logic, Josh resisted the urge to run away screaming and broke the silence, saying simply, "uh.....hi?"

"Oh! Omigod, I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to just stare at you like that, I just....I'm not good with people, I guess...", the girl exclaimed sheepishly.

"Uh, it's fine....so....why were you following me like that?" Josh replied. Another awkward silence overcame the two, though this one was nowhere near as long. "I just....I wanted to ask you...I mean, oh nevermind..." the girl stammered. so maybe this girl is just a bit shy, but I'm still kinda getting a serial killer vibe from her. You sure you don't wanna just walk away? Josh's logical side chimed in helpfully. "OK, so what's your name? Mine's Josh" he asked. "Crystal..." the girl responded gingerly.

Attempting to find some common ground to break the ice with this odd person, Josh noticed that she had a pokeball hanging from a strap on her jeans. "Are you a trainer, Crystal? Do you want to battle?" He asked, to which she quickly replied "no, all I have is a roggenrola, and she just hatched from an egg, so she's not ready for battle yet....my brother's a Pokemon breeder..." she responded, showing a small glint of happiness.

"Well, me and my Minccino here were about to set off on the archetypical Pokemon adventure, and were looking for someone to travel with, and you seem to be doing the same so....Care to join?" Josh inquired.

"No, I can't....I'm off to go visit someone right now...." Crystal said, turning away and starting to walk back into town. "oh, that's fine, I understand!" Josh replied, not buying her story as she was clearly headed out of town a moment ago. After a few seconds she turned around and meekly said "I....I hope to see you again sometime....", and returned back to walking into town. "Uh, sure....sounds good!" Josh called out to her before she disappeared.

"Well that was weird...." Josh told Minccino. "Eh, Let's just get this adventure started!" He said, turning back to the route. The two arguing trainers were gone. "Well, looks like we're on our own for the timme being, little guy!" He said with a shrug as they walked out into the wilderness.

-----

OoC: haha I defy you rk9 and your suggestion to make my rival all self confident and arrogant by making Crystal the polar opposite of Gary! :P

Last edited:
Years
Josh and Minccino spent a few hours wandering around town, getting to know each other before they headed out on their adventure. Most of that time was spent in a small secluded park not far from the lab, sitting on a bench and watching the people and Pokemon go by. There weren't many people in the small seaside village, but the few that were there were certainly very eccentric. The pair saw no less than three clowns, and one man proudly wearing pink jeans.

While Josh's mind was reeling as to where exactly one would procure a pair of pink jeans, Minccino decided to try a new method of transportation. Instead of riding on Josh's shoulder, the chinchilla climbed to the top of his head, sitting and grabbing two clumps of his hair to keep from falling off. Josh found this new behavior very annoying at first, but quickly changed his mind when a group of girls came up to him, raving about how cute his Pokemon was.

"Well Fuzzball, it looks like you might actually be useful for something!", Josh said jokingly with a smirk as he imagined Minccino scowling down at him from atop its cranial perch. Josh always found it amazing how all Pokemon were capable of understanding human speech, no latter how unintelligent certain species *cough, slowpoke, cough* seemed. The two were on their way to the town gate, ready to head out into the unknown. Josh recalled Juniper saying that several new trainers had gotten their Pokemon earlier than he had today, and wanted to see if he could find at least a couple to travel with. As luck would have it, he saw a pair of trainers, one male and one female, in what looked to be an argument far off into the distance on route 1. Josh thought he could make out the distinct shape of a purrloin beside the female, but he couldn't be sure.

Just as he was about to race off after his new potential companions, he heard a rustling noise from behind him. Spinning around quickly, a pokeball Unchained from his necklace already in hand, Josh was disappointed to see that it was a girl standing behind him, and not a Pokemon for him to catch.

The girl looked to be about his age, and just an inch or so shorter than him. She was extremely thin, almost unhealthily so, with very pale skin and long black hair. She was wearing clothes with shades of black that matched so perfectly, it was hard to tell where her tank top ended and her jeans began. Her face was attractive; not supermodel quality mind you, but more than enough for one to want to take a second look. She had a large amount of (black, surprise surprise) eyeliner on, that served to accentuate her eyes more.

The girl said nothing, instead just staring at Josh for what started at five, but grew to more than thirty, seconds.

Okay, Josh, now would be a good time to walk away the voice of reason in his mind told him. This chick is beyond creepy. If you don't get out of there now, you'll end up in pieces in this girl's basement. Unfortunately for logic, Josh resisted the urge to run away screaming and broke the silence, saying simply, "uh.....hi?"

"Oh! Omigod, I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to just stare at you like that, I just....I'm not good with people, I guess...", the girl exclaimed sheepishly.

"Uh, it's fine....so....why were you following me like that?" Josh replied. Another awkward silence overcame the two, though this one was nowhere near as long. "I just....I wanted to ask you...I mean, oh nevermind..." the girl stammered. so maybe this girl is just a bit shy, but I'm still kinda getting a serial killer vibe from her. You sure you don't wanna just walk away? Josh's logical side chimed in helpfully. "OK, so what's your name? Mine's Josh" he asked. "Crystal..." the girl responded gingerly.

Attempting to find some common ground to break the ice with this odd person, Josh noticed that she had a pokeball hanging from a strap on her jeans. "Are you a trainer, Crystal? Do you want to battle?" He asked, to which she quickly replied "no, all I have is a roggenrola, and she just hatched from an egg, so she's not ready for battle yet....my brother's a Pokemon breeder..." she responded, showing a small glint of happiness.

"Well, me and my Minccino here were about to set off on the archetypical Pokemon adventure, and were looking for someone to travel with, and you seem to be doing the same so....Care to join?" Josh inquired.

"No, I can't....I'm off to go visit someone right now...." Crystal said, turning away and starting to walk back into town. "oh, that's fine, I understand!" Josh replied, not buying her story as she was clearly headed out of town a moment ago. After a few seconds she turned around and meekly said "I....I hope to see you again sometime....", and returned back to walking into town. "Uh, sure....sounds good!" Josh called out to her before she disappeared.

"Well that was weird...." Josh told Minccino. "Eh, Let's just get this adventure started!" He said, turning back to the route. The two arguing trainers were gone. "Well, looks like we're on our own for the timme being, little guy!" He said with a shrug as they walked out into the wilderness.

-----

OoC: haha I defy you rk9 and your suggestion to make my rival all self confident and arrogant by making Crystal the polar opposite of Gary! :P
great post, nice to see the introduction of a new character, hopefully we'll see crystal later on in the RP!
and that's fine :P it's a bit different having a rival as quiet and calm as crystal.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Chapter 1
"It should be here somewhere," I muttered as I looked at my postcard where there was an address on the back. I had just gotten off the ship from Ekruteak City about an hour ago and spent the whole hour to eat. There were many small restaurants and grocery stores here and there were also many little cottages dotted around town. There were trees that surrounded the town of Nuvema and beyond this town was this region's route 1.

I wheeled around to look at the cottage just next to me and looked at the address and looked ahead in confusion. Before me was an empty lot. I knew this was the wrong place, the lab couldn't be an empty lot could it?

"Time to back track," I sighed.

----

I had finally found the Nuvema Town Pokemon Lab. The address was really backwards in this town. The zip code went first and then came the house number and street name. Someone had to tell me how to read my postcard. It was utterly embarrassing. The lab itself wasn't as big as the one in New Bark. I only had seen pictures of it, but it seemed much bigger than this lab.

Nuvema Town's lab was only a one story building with an orange roof. The one in Newbark was a two story building with a brown roof. I wheeled myself to the door, but before I could knock a woman had opened the door. Her hair was a strange shade of orange and it was in at thick ponytail that stuck up. She looked less professional then Prof. Elm. She wore earrings, a short skirt, tennis shoes, and a tank top.

"Joshua I presume?" She asked, "I'm Prof. Juniper."

"Yes," I said awkwardly. She looked down at my legs and I noticed her flinch.

"I didn't think you would be in a wheel chair," Prof. Juniper stated, "Are you sure you can be a trainer like that?"

I flinched in response. I always hated this, people worrying for me or putting me down just because I was in a wheelchair. It seemed like she was doing both and that made me feel worse. I stomped the feeling down and replied, "Just like my parents said, your region doesn't discriminate."

She ignored my statement and opened the door wider, "Here, here, come in."

Prof. Juniper walked further into her lab, allowing me to wheel inside. There were a lot of file cabinets and computers in this lab. Books were piled on top of the cabinets and I assumed hard files were in the cabinets. She stopped at one of the computers and began typing.

"So a Zorua," Prof. Juniper said, raising her voice. She then went through another doorway and came back with a Poke'ball in her hand, "Go Zorua!"

A white light came out of the ball that was thrown in the air and once the white light began to dissipate, the Pokemon's image was visible. It looked somewhat like a Vulpix instead it was black and only had one tail. When the Pokemon saw me, it had a panic attack and hit behind a chair.

"Zorua, c'mon meet your new trainer," Prof. Juniper urged, but the Vulpix like Pokemon wouldn't move.

"Here, let me try," I offered. I wheeled myself closer to the chair and smiled, "Hey can you come out from behind that chair?"

No response.

"Hey my name's Joshua and I'm your new trainer," I introduced, "I'm not going to hurt you. It's going to be alright."

A head had come out.

"You don't have to be afraid," I comforted, "I'm not going to put you down."

The Pokemon's whole body came out from behind the chair and walked up to my wheelchair. Fear was in the Pokemon's eyes, but hesitantly it jumped on my lap.

"It must like you," Prof. Junipe exclaimed, "It took awhile for her to get use to me."

"She's just shy," I told her, "It seems she doesn't have much self-confidence."

"Yeah, she doesn't,"

I began to run my fingers in her soft fur, "You look like a Lulu, is it okay for you to be called by that name?"

"Ru!"

"I'll take that as a yes," I smiled. Prof. Juniper had gone pushed her hand into her lab coat pocket and took a few items out. The first five were the standard Poke'balls, something I was fairly familiar. The next thing however, did not look familiar at all. It was a rectangular looking cellphone, but there were no buttons to press numbers with. It was the nice combination of the colors of silver and black.

"These are your Poke'balls," She stated holding her right hand out. I took it and placed it across the strap that went across my right shoulder to my left waist.

"And this is a Poke'dex," Prof. Juniper said while holding out her left hand. I looked at it strangely. This was a Poke'dex? It didn't even look like a Poke'dex. It looked really ridiculous. Who in the right mind would model it after a cellphone?

"How do you use it?" I asked. Prof. Juniper let out a sigh in response.

Years
Chapter 1
"It should be here somewhere," I muttered as I looked at my postcard where there was an address on the back. I had just gotten off the ship from Ekruteak City about an hour ago and spent the whole hour to eat. There were many small restaurants and grocery stores here and there were also many little cottages dotted around town. There were trees that surrounded the town of Nuvema and beyond this town was this region's route 1.

I wheeled around to look at the cottage just next to me and looked at the address and looked ahead in confusion. Before me was an empty lot. I knew this was the wrong place, the lab couldn't be an empty lot could it?

"Time to back track," I sighed.

----

I had finally found the Nuvema Town Pokemon Lab. The address was really backwards in this town. The zip code went first and then came the house number and street name. Someone had to tell me how to read my postcard. It was utterly embarrassing. The lab itself wasn't as big as the one in New Bark. I only had seen pictures of it, but it seemed much bigger than this lab.

Nuvema Town's lab was only a one story building with an orange roof. The one in Newbark was a two story building with a brown roof. I wheeled myself to the door, but before I could knock a woman had opened the door. Her hair was a strange shade of orange and it was in at thick ponytail that stuck up. She looked less professional then Prof. Elm. She wore earrings, a short skirt, tennis shoes, and a tank top.

"Joshua I presume?" She asked, "I'm Prof. Juniper."

"Yes," I said awkwardly. She looked down at my legs and I noticed her flinch.

"I didn't think you would be in a wheel chair," Prof. Juniper stated, "Are you sure you can be a trainer like that?"

I flinched in response. I always hated this, people worrying for me or putting me down just because I was in a wheelchair. It seemed like she was doing both and that made me feel worse. I stomped the feeling down and replied, "Just like my parents said, your region doesn't discriminate."

She ignored my statement and opened the door wider, "Here, here, come in."

Prof. Juniper walked further into her lab, allowing me to wheel inside. There were a lot of file cabinets and computers in this lab. Books were piled on top of the cabinets and I assumed hard files were in the cabinets. She stopped at one of the computers and began typing.

"So a Zorua," Prof. Juniper said, raising her voice. She then went through another doorway and came back with a Poke'ball in her hand, "Go Zorua!"

A white light came out of the ball that was thrown in the air and once the white light began to dissipate, the Pokemon's image was visible. It looked somewhat like a Vulpix instead it was black and only had one tail. When the Pokemon saw me, it had a panic attack and hit behind a chair.

"Zorua, c'mon meet your new trainer," Prof. Juniper urged, but the Vulpix like Pokemon wouldn't move.

"Here, let me try," I offered. I wheeled myself closer to the chair and smiled, "Hey can you come out from behind that chair?"

No response.

"Hey my name's Joshua and I'm your new trainer," I introduced, "I'm not going to hurt you. It's going to be alright."

A head had come out.

"You don't have to be afraid," I comforted, "I'm not going to put you down."

The Pokemon's whole body came out from behind the chair and walked up to my wheelchair. Fear was in the Pokemon's eyes, but hesitantly it jumped on my lap.

"It must like you," Prof. Junipe exclaimed, "It took awhile for her to get use to me."

"She's just shy," I told her, "It seems she doesn't have much self-confidence."

"Yeah, she doesn't,"

I began to run my fingers in her soft fur, "You look like a Lulu, is it okay for you to be called by that name?"

"Ru!"

"I'll take that as a yes," I smiled. Prof. Juniper had gone pushed her hand into her lab coat pocket and took a few items out. The first five were the standard Poke'balls, something I was fairly familiar. The next thing however, did not look familiar at all. It was a rectangular looking cellphone, but there were no buttons to press numbers with. It was the nice combination of the colors of silver and black.

"These are your Poke'balls," She stated holding her right hand out. I took it and placed it across the strap that went across my right shoulder to my left waist.

"And this is a Poke'dex," Prof. Juniper said while holding out her left hand. I looked at it strangely. This was a Poke'dex? It didn't even look like a Poke'dex. It looked really ridiculous. Who in the right mind would model it after a cellphone?

"How do you use it?" I asked. Prof. Juniper let out a sigh in response.
nice intro, also different to see it laid out in first person. that's okay though. :)

-Joshua obtained a Level 10 Zorua
-Joshua obtained a Pokedex
-Joshua obtained a Town Map
-Joshua obtained five Poke Balls

seen as most people have finished nuvema town, it's about time to open route 1:

Route 1

300px-BW_Unova_Route_1_Spring.png

The route connecting Nuvema Town to the town up north, Accumula Town. This route is rather similarly laid out to Nuvema Town. Quiet, peaceful, and hundreds of trees at the sides. There is also a big, deep blue lake, although hardly anyone ever travels across, ever since the ferries were cancelled. As well as this, there is tall grass which lies in the path of Route 1, and in order to reach Accumula Town, one must cross this grass with the chance of encountering a wild Pokemon. For your character, this will be a whole new experience.​

Things to do in Route 1:
-> Battle/Catch wild Pokemon
1.png

This is optional, you don't have to encounter a Pokemon if you do not wish to. Normally in a Route or a cave, you may encounter a wild Pokemon on your travels. You could wither run from this Pokemon, or take it on. Once you do, you could either train your pokemon up on this eild Pokemon, or attempt to catch this wild Pokemon and let it join your team.
However, some Pokemon are rarer than others. The more rarer the Pokemon, the more detail you must have in your post if you wish to catch it. Also, the Pokemon could be shiny if you wish, then the Pokemon would be a whole lot rarer. For example, a comman Pokemon will be rare, and a rare Pokemon will be almost legendary. If your post isn't detailed enough, then the Poke Ball re-opens and you get another shot to give a more detailed capture. If that fails, then say 'Bye bye!' to that Pokemon and you never see it again.​

Pokemon available on Route 1:

Common:

Spr_5b_504.png

Patrat
Type: Normal
Ability: Keen Eye/Run Away
Level: 7-9
Attacks: Tackle, Leer, Bite, Bide (Level 8+)​

Spr_5b_506.png

Lillipup
Ability: Vital Spirit/Pickup
Attacks: Leer, Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Bite (Level 8+)​

Uncommon:

Spr_5b_531.png

Audino
Ability: Healer/Regenerator
Attacks: Pound, Growl, Helping Hand, Refresh​

Rare:

Spr_5b_495.png

Snivy
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow
Attacks: Tackle, Leer, Vine Whip​

Spr_5b_498.png

Tepig
Ability: Blaze
Type: Fire
Attacks: Tackle, Tail Whip, Ember, Odor Sleuth (Level 9)​

Spr_5b_501.png

Oshawott
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent
Attacks: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun​

-> Battle Trainers
char3.jpg

This is also optional. You may encounter some other trainers on this Route, and what better way to train your Pokemon than have a battle against a fellow Pokemon Trainer? It'll also give your Pokemon more experience than battling a wild Pokemon, so if you wish to level your Pokemon, this would be a good idea. Remember, the more detailed your battle post, the more your Pokemon levels!​

Last edited:

spasticbuddha

Years
After their bizarre encounter, Josh and Minccino continued along the seaside trail heading towards the next town on their journey. Figuring that they would never catch up to the trainers they saw earlier, the trainer and Pokemon moved at a leisurely pace through the lush woodland, watching their surroundings change as day gradually transformed into evening. All was quiet in the forest, save for the occasional chirp of pidove and the gentle buzz of kerrablast.

The two were taking a quick break by a small river they had discovered, when Josh suddenly felt a small object hit the back of his head. He closed his eyes and let out a quiet sigh, thinking it was Minccino playing a prank on him. When he opened his eyes, he saw his furry friend playing with a stick a short distance ahead of him. Realizing it couldn't have been Minccino that had hit him, he spun around to find a small green Pokemon standing on a tree trunk, staring at him.

The Snivy was very diminutive, even smaller than Minccino, but it packed a very large quantity of personality in that small frame. The small green serpent was vaguely banana shaped, and stood on two stubby little legs that looked like they could barely support it. It had equally short arms, which it had crossed over its chest, with one hand gripping an acorn tightly. It had an unusual tail, with a tip that was shaped like a leaf, perhaps to camouflage itself from predators. It's yellow eyes had narrowed into slits, and its mouth curled up in the smallest of smirks. Once it knew Josh was looking at it, the Snivy uncrossed its arms and began tossing its acorn up in the air, its smirk spreading wider, almost as if it were proud of itself for that prank.

Josh ignored the creature's ridicule to ponder why it was there in the first place. Snivy was a starter Pokemon; along with the other starter Pokemon they were quite rare in the wild, bordering on endangered really.

More strange than the creature appearing was the way it behaved. Josh knew from others' accounts that wild Pokemon behaved in one of two ways upon encountering a human. They either a) ran away out of fear, or b) attacked. This Snivy was doing neither; it just stood on its stump, smirking at him almost as if challenging him.

"So, you wanna battle? Is that what you're getting at?" he asked the cocky reptile. Josh didn't think the Snivy's smirk could get any wider, but upon hearing Josh's question it miraculously did, filling almost it's entire face. It hopped down from it's perch and stood a few feet in front of Josh, waiting for him to make the first move. Josh called Minccino to come over, and smiled as the fuzzy rodent scampered over to his feet.

"So, whadaya say, Furry? You ready for your first battle?" Josh inquired. The change of expression on Minccino's face from aloof contentment to determined angst was more than enough confirmation for him. Meanwhile, the Snivy had crouched down in a battle position, it's face displaying the fact that it thought itself invincible.

Josh had to smile, realizing how similar his personality was to the banana snake. Without warning, he suddenly shouted "Minccino, use pound now!". He felt no need to give the Snivy any warning; after all, it was invincible, right?

Minccino pounced in the air with the grace its light body afforded it, crashing down on top of the Snivy before it could react. It reached out a paw and smacked the serpent across the face before hopping back, awaiting Snivy's move.

Being a defensive Pokemon, Snivy shrugged off the attack and leapt forward to attack. Instead of tackling Minccino as Josh expected it to, the snake instead backed off at the last possible second while uncoiling a thin vine from somewhere on its body.

"Look out, it's about to vine whip you!" Josh shouted to his furry companion. Minccino reacted instantly, leaping away from the Snivy, kicking up dust and gravel as it did so. It almost escaped unscathed, but Snivy's vine was faster than it, smacking against the chinchilla's oversized ear. Minccino tumbled away off balance, and lay still on the ground.

Josh was dumbfounded; surely his Pokemon couldn't have fainted that easily! Snivy cautiously approached, and gently prodded the Pokemon's immobile form with its foot. Suddenly a soaking blue tail flipped up, violently uppercutting the smug Pokemon. Minccino leapt to its feet and smiled; it wasn't done for yet!

Josh was shocked; he had no idea a Minccino could learn aqua tail, and certainly had no idea where his learned it. He was quickly brought back to reality when he realized that water attacks did little to grass Pokemon. Indeed, Snivy looked more annoyed than harmed, and charged again at Minccino.

"Alright, time to finish it off! Dodge its tackle and pound it!" Josh commanded. The rodent did as he commanded, deftly avoiding the tackle while bringing its paw up to smack the head of the snake.

Unfortunately for the Snivy's pride, this was all the punishment it could take. It seemed barely able to stand, waddling gingerly across the earth. Josh Unchained a second pokeball from his necklace and got ready to throw it. "Well, you may not be so tough now, Snivy, but if you stick with me, I'll make a fighter out of you yet!" he exclaimed as he gently tossed the orb towards the exhausted Pokemon. The ball opened, releasing a red beam that encompassed Snivy, before retreating back into the ball as it clicked shut. Snivy protested, causing the ball to shake as it attempted to activate the final lock to keep it from escaping.

Years
After their bizarre encounter, Josh and Minccino continued along the seaside trail heading towards the next town on their journey. Figuring that they would never catch up to the trainers they saw earlier, the trainer and Pokemon moved at a leisurely pace through the lush woodland, watching their surroundings change as day gradually transformed into evening. All was quiet in the forest, save for the occasional chirp of pidove and the gentle buzz of kerrablast.

The two were taking a quick break by a small river they had discovered, when Josh suddenly felt a small object hit the back of his head. He closed his eyes and let out a quiet sigh, thinking it was Minccino playing a prank on him. When he opened his eyes, he saw his furry friend playing with a stick a short distance ahead of him. Realizing it couldn't have been Minccino that had hit him, he spun around to find a small green Pokemon standing on a tree trunk, staring at him.

The Snivy was very diminutive, even smaller than Minccino, but it packed a very large quantity of personality in that small frame. The small green serpent was vaguely banana shaped, and stood on two stubby little legs that looked like they could barely support it. It had equally short arms, which it had crossed over its chest, with one hand gripping an acorn tightly. It had an unusual tail, with a tip that was shaped like a leaf, perhaps to camouflage itself from predators. It's yellow eyes had narrowed into slits, and its mouth curled up in the smallest of smirks. Once it knew Josh was looking at it, the Snivy uncrossed its arms and began tossing its acorn up in the air, its smirk spreading wider, almost as if it were proud of itself for that prank.

Josh ignored the creature's ridicule to ponder why it was there in the first place. Snivy was a starter Pokemon; along with the other starter Pokemon they were quite rare in the wild, bordering on endangered really.

More strange than the creature appearing was the way it behaved. Josh knew from others' accounts that wild Pokemon behaved in one of two ways upon encountering a human. They either a) ran away out of fear, or b) attacked. This Snivy was doing neither; it just stood on its stump, smirking at him almost as if challenging him.

"So, you wanna battle? Is that what you're getting at?" he asked the cocky reptile. Josh didn't think the Snivy's smirk could get any wider, but upon hearing Josh's question it miraculously did, filling almost it's entire face. It hopped down from it's perch and stood a few feet in front of Josh, waiting for him to make the first move. Josh called Minccino to come over, and smiled as the fuzzy rodent scampered over to his feet.

"So, whadaya say, Furry? You ready for your first battle?" Josh inquired. The change of expression on Minccino's face from aloof contentment to determined angst was more than enough confirmation for him. Meanwhile, the Snivy had crouched down in a battle position, it's face displaying the fact that it thought itself invincible.

Josh had to smile, realizing how similar his personality was to the banana snake. Without warning, he suddenly shouted "Minccino, use pound now!". He felt no need to give the Snivy any warning; after all, it was invincible, right?

Minccino pounced in the air with the grace its light body afforded it, crashing down on top of the Snivy before it could react. It reached out a paw and smacked the serpent across the face before hopping back, awaiting Snivy's move.

Being a defensive Pokemon, Snivy shrugged off the attack and leapt forward to attack. Instead of tackling Minccino as Josh expected it to, the snake instead backed off at the last possible second while uncoiling a thin vine from somewhere on its body.

"Look out, it's about to vine whip you!" Josh shouted to his furry companion. Minccino reacted instantly, leaping away from the Snivy, kicking up dust and gravel as it did so. It almost escaped unscathed, but Snivy's vine was faster than it, smacking against the chinchilla's oversized ear. Minccino tumbled away off balance, and lay still on the ground.

Josh was dumbfounded; surely his Pokemon couldn't have fainted that easily! Snivy cautiously approached, and gently prodded the Pokemon's immobile form with its foot. Suddenly a soaking blue tail flipped up, violently uppercutting the smug Pokemon. Minccino leapt to its feet and smiled; it wasn't done for yet!

Josh was shocked; he had no idea a Minccino could learn aqua tail, and certainly had no idea where his learned it. He was quickly brought back to reality when he realized that water attacks did little to grass Pokemon. Indeed, Snivy looked more annoyed than harmed, and charged again at Minccino.

"Alright, time to finish it off! Dodge its tackle and pound it!" Josh commanded. The rodent did as he commanded, deftly avoiding the tackle while bringing its paw up to smack the head of the snake.

Unfortunately for the Snivy's pride, this was all the punishment it could take. It seemed barely able to stand, waddling gingerly across the earth. Josh Unchained a second pokeball from his necklace and got ready to throw it. "Well, you may not be so tough now, Snivy, but if you stick with me, I'll make a fighter out of you yet!" he exclaimed as he gently tossed the orb towards the exhausted Pokemon. The ball opened, releasing a red beam that encompassed Snivy, before retreating back into the ball as it clicked shut. Snivy protested, causing the ball to shake as it attempted to activate the final lock to keep it from escaping.
good enough catch post, I think. congratualtions. :)

-Josh caught a Level 7 Snivy

CrossJHero

Kiriya White......
Years
After strolling around the town for a short while, Lance and Pidove went along the seaside trail heading towards the next town on their adventure. Figuring that working too hard to get to the next town would be too tedious, the duo decided to take a rest, watching their surroundings change as day gradually transformed into evening. The multicolored sunset was a sight to see, and it was mostly quiet with the exception of the sounds of the forest pokemon.

The two were taking a break near a clearing that the duo recently found in the forest, and Lance closed his eyes just to wake up a few moments later with water squirted in his face, and as he was about to retaliate when he remembered that his pokemon was naive and he decided to relax, but when he opened his eyes in a few moments he saw Pidove picking at a tree with his beak. As he realized that it couldn't have been Pidove that had hit him, he spun around to find a small white pokemon standing near a lake that was about six feet from him.

The pokemon was an Oshawott, the Oshawott was very small about the size of Pidove, but it packed a certain energy into that small body. The pokemon stood on two legs which could obviously barely support it. It had averagely proportioned arms, which it had crossed over its chest. The Oshawott was looking at him mischeviously. Once Lance looked Oshawott began showing off its water gun skills, and it was an effort to anger Lance at the prank that was pulled.

Lance remembered some facts on the pokemon that he read about while walking on Route 1 trying to get acquainted with his new possesions. Oshawott was a starter pokemon, very rare and very hard to get, as far as his knowledge knows, the pokemon is nearly endangered.

The pokemon in front of Lance was very cocky, because there were two generic pokemon reactions upon meeting a human:
a) ran away out of fear, or b) attacked. This Oshawott was shooting some more water in his face, smirking at him almost as if challenging him.

"So, you wanna tussle? Is that what you want?" the Pokemon got asked. It came out of his habitat and went to Lance , waiting for him to make the first move. Lance called Pidove to his side as he smiled do.

"Pidove, are you ready for your first battle?" Lance asked. Suddenly, Pidove changed from an innocent bird type pokemon to a fierce predator just from its demeanor. Meanwhile, the Oshawott had jumped back getting into a position in which it would be closer to the water.

Lance said, "Choosing your strengths. Hm, it makes sense."
Then almost immediately, he shouted "Pidove use Gust!" He didn't feel the need to hold back because, well, this was a test run.

Pidove began flapping its wings and began hovering, while blowing intense winds at Oshawott. Oshawott then shot back with a torrent of water, being the pokemon that it was.

Oshawott then jumped out and rammed Pidove, knocking it out of the air and to the ground. Pidove then quickly got up and then without warning turned red. Pidove rose off of the ground in it's red form and at lightning speed rammed Oshawott, and that knocked Oshawott way off balance.

Lance leaped backward in surprise at the fact that Pidove could attack like that, and the attack must've been Brave Bird, but he was still dumbfounded at the sheer power of the attack, but then he saw the one drawback. Pidove suffered some damage too, and was struggling to shake it off.

Oshawott quickly ran in, and tried using another water gun. But then Pidove used another Gust, and it knocked Oshawott off balance and into a tree.

But, Lance remembered that flying damage was light on water pokemon. Oshawott, already annoyed that this battle had gone on as long as it has then came to ram or tackle Pidove.

"Pidove, please try and manage another Brave Bird, this is probably the end!" Lance ordered. Pidove suddenly lit up red, levitated in the air and quickly soared and hit Oshawott.

This attack seemed to be the table turner for Lance and Pidove. It seemed barely able to stand, trying not to fall forward, but back into the water. Lance said, "You have talent, when you come with me, then you'll become one of the best ever!" he said into the air as he threw the Pokeball at Oshawott. The ball opened, releasing a red beam that turned Oshawott into white energy, and then compressed itself, before retreating back into the ball as it clicked shut. Oshawott was still trying to get out of the Pokeball, and was resisting the ball, causing it to wiggle a bit.

killer-g

S to the o
Years
The journey begins

Max and Mun walked to the North of Nuvema Town, towards route 1. 'Entering Route 1, Leaving Nuvema Town' a sign said. They continued walking, but soon it turned night.

'I'm starting to get tired now and I haven't seen Alex anywhere yet as well, I guess it's time for a sleep', Max mumbled. Max put his black backpack on the ground and took a tent out of it, he set the tent up with the help of Munna. After a quarter of an hour the tent was set up, it was a blue tent, it also had a pokeball symbol in the middle of it, that was also where the tent opened. Max put his pajama on, entered the tent and lay down, falling asleep immediately.

Max suddenly woke up, it felt as if the tent was moving, he opened the tent and searched for the cause of the movement of the tent. It was an orange pig, he had some highlights of black, his ears were black and just before his behind he also had a black color, he had a curly tail which ended with a orange ball. Max grabbed his pokedex and his pokeballs. Max pressed the button in the middle of the pokedex, it said:

Tepig, the Fire Pig Pokémon. Normally, fire shoots out of Tepig's snout, but it shoots out smoke instead when it is feeling ill.

'So a Tepig', Max said, he was more happy than mad. ' I have always wanted one, and this is my chance to catch it' The Tepig had stopped pushing and was about to charge Max, he moved his back paw back and forth as if he was warning Max. ' Mun, wake up, it's time for your first battle', Max said enthusiastic. Mun stood up and ran outside, he started observing his opponent looking at him from up all the way down.

The tepig started running angrily toward Mun. ' Dodge Mun, dodge! ', Max yelled, but it was too late Mun was caught of guard, and crashed onto a nearby tree. Tepig immediately fired ember out of its snout. ' Psywave ', Max commanded, Mun stood up and fired a purple wave toward the ember, ember was made harmless. ' Psywave again '. Again a purple wave was fired, this time it struck the fire pig and it was sent away flying up in the air. 'Mun use your yawn'. Munna opened his small mouth and yawned, 5 pink bubbles came out of his mouth and struck Tepig.
Tepig used his ember again, but this time he used it continuously not giving Munna the chance to dodge and Munna was sent of flying again.

'Mun, wait he will fall asleep soon now, hold on just a little bit', Max told Munna, Max was full of adrenaline and was impressed by the small pigs' power. The tepig jumped and fired his ember again, but this time he fell asleep after the first two fire balls were shot. 'Use your psywave to catch it', Max commanded, an unusual command, but Munna did what Max said anyways, the wave formed a sort of mattress and caught the Tepig before falling and Munna gently put him on the ground ' Okay it's my time to catch him now, Pokeball GO!!', Max yelled as he threw the pokeball in the air, the pokeball opened and a white beam appeared out of it, swallowing Tepig in it, the pokeball moved, from left to right from left to right and .......

The journey begins

Max and Mun walked to the North of Nuvema Town, towards route 1. 'Entering Route 1, Leaving Nuvema Town' a sign said. They continued walking, but soon it turned night.

'I'm starting to get tired now and I haven't seen Alex anywhere yet as well, I guess it's time for a sleep', Max mumbled. Max put his black backpack on the ground and took a tent out of it, he set the tent up with the help of Munna. After a quarter of an hour the tent was set up, it was a blue tent, it also had a pokeball symbol in the middle of it, that was also where the tent opened. Max put his pajama on, entered the tent and lay down, falling asleep immediately.

Max suddenly woke up, it felt as if the tent was moving, he opened the tent and searched for the cause of the movement of the tent. It was an orange pig, he had some highlights of black, his ears were black and just before his behind he also had a black color, he had a curly tail which ended with a orange ball. Max grabbed his pokedex and his pokeballs. Max pressed the button in the middle of the pokedex, it said:

Tepig, the Fire Pig Pokémon. Normally, fire shoots out of Tepig's snout, but it shoots out smoke instead when it is feeling ill.

'So a Tepig', Max said, he was more happy than mad. ' I have always wanted one, and this is my chance to catch it' The Tepig had stopped pushing and was about to charge Max, he moved his back paw back and forth as if he was warning Max. ' Mun, wake up, it's time for your first battle', Max said enthusiastic. Mun stood up and ran outside, he started observing his opponent looking at him from up all the way down.

The tepig started running angrily toward Mun. ' Dodge Mun, dodge! ', Max yelled, but it was too late Mun was caught of guard, and crashed onto a nearby tree. Tepig immediately fired ember out of its snout. ' Psywave ', Max commanded, Mun stood up and fired a purple wave toward the ember, ember was made harmless. ' Psywave again '. Again a purple wave was fired, this time it struck the fire pig and it was sent away flying up in the air. 'Mun use your yawn'. Munna opened his small mouth and yawned, 5 pink bubbles came out of his mouth and struck Tepig.
Tepig used his ember again, but this time he used it continuously not giving Munna the chance to dodge and Munna was sent of flying again.

'Mun, wait he will fall asleep soon now, hold on just a little bit', Max told Munna, Max was full of adrenaline and was impressed by the small pigs' power. The tepig jumped and fired his ember again, but this time he fell asleep after the first two fire balls were shot. 'Use your psywave to catch it', Max commanded, an unusual command, but Munna did what Max said anyways, the wave formed a sort of mattress and caught the Tepig before falling and Munna gently put him on the ground ' Okay it's my time to catch him now, Pokeball GO!!', Max yelled as he threw the pokeball in the air, the pokeball opened and a white beam appeared out of it, swallowing Tepig in it, the pokeball moved, from left to right from left to right and .......

Last edited:
Years
After strolling around the town for a short while, Lance and Pidove went along the seaside trail heading towards the next town on their adventure. Figuring that working too hard to get to the next town would be too tedious, the duo decided to take a rest, watching their surroundings change as day gradually transformed into evening. The multicolored sunset was a sight to see, and it was mostly quiet with the exception of the sounds of the forest pokemon.

The two were taking a break near a clearing that the duo recently found in the forest, and Lance closed his eyes just to wake up a few moments later with water squirted in his face, and as he was about to retaliate when he remembered that his pokemon was naive and he decided to relax, but when he opened his eyes in a few moments he saw Pidove picking at a tree with his beak. As he realized that it couldn't have been Pidove that had hit him, he spun around to find a small white pokemon standing near a lake that was about six feet from him.

The pokemon was an Oshawott, the Oshawott was very small about the size of Pidove, but it packed a certain energy into that small body. The pokemon stood on two legs which could obviously barely support it. It had averagely proportioned arms, which it had crossed over its chest. The Oshawott was looking at him mischeviously. Once Lance looked Oshawott began showing off its water gun skills, and it was an effort to anger Lance at the prank that was pulled.

Lance remembered some facts on the pokemon that he read about while walking on Route 1 trying to get acquainted with his new possesions. Oshawott was a starter pokemon, very rare and very hard to get, as far as his knowledge knows, the pokemon is nearly endangered.

The pokemon in front of Lance was very cocky, because there were two generic pokemon reactions upon meeting a human:
a) ran away out of fear, or b) attacked. This Oshawott was shooting some more water in his face, smirking at him almost as if challenging him.

"So, you wanna tussle? Is that what you want?" the Pokemon got asked. It came out of his habitat and went to Lance , waiting for him to make the first move. Lance called Pidove to his side as he smiled do.

"Pidove, are you ready for your first battle?" Lance asked. Suddenly, Pidove changed from an innocent bird type pokemon to a fierce predator just from its demeanor. Meanwhile, the Oshawott had jumped back getting into a position in which it would be closer to the water.

Lance said, "Choosing your strengths. Hm, it makes sense."
Then almost immediately, he shouted "Pidove use Gust!" He didn't feel the need to hold back because, well, this was a test run.

Pidove began flapping its wings and began hovering, while blowing intense winds at Oshawott. Oshawott then shot back with a torrent of water, being the pokemon that it was.

Oshawott then jumped out and rammed Pidove, knocking it out of the air and to the ground. Pidove then quickly got up and then without warning turned red. Pidove rose off of the ground in it's red form and at lightning speed rammed Oshawott, and that knocked Oshawott way off balance.

Lance leaped backward in surprise at the fact that Pidove could attack like that, and the attack must've been Brave Bird, but he was still dumbfounded at the sheer power of the attack, but then he saw the one drawback. Pidove suffered some damage too, and was struggling to shake it off.

Oshawott quickly ran in, and tried using another water gun. But then Pidove used another Gust, and it knocked Oshawott off balance and into a tree.

But, Lance remembered that flying damage was light on water pokemon. Oshawott, already annoyed that this battle had gone on as long as it has then came to ram or tackle Pidove.

"Pidove, please try and manage another Brave Bird, this is probably the end!" Lance ordered. Pidove suddenly lit up red, levitated in the air and quickly soared and hit Oshawott.

This attack seemed to be the table turner for Lance and Pidove. It seemed barely able to stand, trying not to fall forward, but back into the water. Lance said, "You have talent, when you come with me, then you'll become one of the best ever!" he said into the air as he threw the Pokeball at Oshawott. The ball opened, releasing a red beam that turned Oshawott into white energy, and then compressed itself, before retreating back into the ball as it clicked shut. Oshawott was still trying to get out of the Pokeball, and was resisting the ball, causing it to wiggle a bit.
Once the ball had began to wiggle a couple of times, it should have clicked to seal the Pokemon inside. Instead, the strong Oshawott had bursted out of the Poke Ball in a red ray, not accepting the capture just yet.

sorry, it'll take a little more than that. :P

The journey begins

The journey begins

...the ball had burst open, with Tepig shotting out and standing firm, resisting capture. However, Max was determined to catch it.

same goes for you. it needs that bit more detail.

--

Following the meeting of Carl and his rival Hayley, he was now ready to explore the Unova region, starting his travels by passing Route 1, with the confidence by his side as he won his first ever battle, a Pokemon who his Tepig also had a disadvantage against which made it even more satisfying, and this would just be the start for him.
Beginning the path to Route 1, Carl could already notice Accumula Town in his sights, with a rather tall building overlooking the path. It was still a fair distance away though, and the route was covered with trees and vegetation, the afternoon sky giving a peaceful atmosphere, just like Nuvema Town. There was hardly much noise either, just the sounds of shaking grass and the odd echo of a trainer, practicing on wild Pokemon. Carl got bored easily as he began to walk down the route, and decided to bond with his Tepig.
"Let's have some fun. Come out, Tepig!" Carl tossed the ball up in the air, and Tepig had bursted out, looking energetic and refreshed after a small rest after the battle.
"Tepig! Te-pig!" it smiled at Carl as it stood up.
"Let's go for a walk, shall we?"
"Tepig!" it nodded in response, and then they both continued walking along the footpath, lodged in between crowds of trees.
Once they began to walk down, a figure came running up towards Carl, which he could then make out to be a girl, with short black hair and a casual blue outfit and sneakers, with a silver necklace. She ran up to Carl and began to shout something.
"Excuse me!" she shouted, waving her arms, "Do you have any water? It's like a desert in here!" she pointed to her mouth, gasping.
"Yeah, sure." Carl dug into his bag, and took out a crystal clear bottle of water, which this girl then took off him and had a sip, which turned out to have been half of the whole bottle.
"You're a life saver." she smiled, and handed the water back to him.
"Haha. You're welcome." Carl smiled back at her, feeling slightly timid. The girl then looked down to Tepig.
"Oh, you're a Pokemon trainer too? Cool."
"Yep, I am. Started today. I come from Hoenn as well, so it took quite some time to get here. I can't wait to get started!" Carl slipped into an enthusiastic mood, with the girl then chuckling.
"Nice! My name's Lucie Selbourne, by the way. That's Lucie with an I E as well, just so you know." she introduced herself to Carl, with him doing the same.
"I'm Carl, Carl Banks." this conversation was going great so far, they knew that they could be close friends. "So, are you a trainer too?"
"Yeah. I got my starter Pokemon yesterday off Juniper, although me, being foolish, forgot to get my Pokedex and Town Map. I got started a bit later than others." she sighed, "Plus I haven't even battled yet. I've done my research although I wish I could get started. So far, I've not even seen my Pokemon since I received it."
"Well how about we have a battle, right now? I'm ready." Carl suggested, looking as if he had the energy to take another battle and win once again.
"I'd like that, but I need to get my Pokedex first. I'll meet you in Accumula Town, yeah?" Lucie smiled, taking a couple of steps forward towards Nuvema Town. Carl turned his head back.
"Oh, of course. Can't wait!" they both gave each other a smile, and then Lucie continued to walk off.
"See you, Carl!" Lucie waved and then carried on walking.
Meeting someone new was normally a difficult thing to do for someone as shy and quiet as Carl, so this was a great experience to meet someone as cool and nice as her. There may have even been a bit of a crush going on, as the chemistry between them had kept her in his mind, and by the sound of things, Lucie had felt the same way. Could this mean romance? Time will tell.
Carl and Tepig strolled along the footpath towards Accumula Town, in the peaceful environment, then eventually they had both heard a small rustling coming from the tall grass which laid at the side beside the trees and other vegetation. Interested, Carl looked over and Tepig had began to crawl over to the grass. Seconds later, the head of a small, green snake with big, red eyes had popped up above the grass and noticed Carl and the Tepig, then beginning to notice Carl, and then simply ignoring him. This Pokemon had interested Carl, so he took out his Pokedex to examine this creature.
"Snivy, the Grass Snake Pokemon. Snivy is very intelligent and calm, and being exposed to sunlight makes it swifter." it had explained, leaving Carl even more intrigued. He put the Pokedex back in his pocket, and had then decided, why not give it ago? He had the thought that it would make a great addition to his team, and this would be a great time to make his first ever capture.
"Awesome! I want that!" Carl exclaimed, Tepig then looking up to him, then back at Snivy, who it could only see vaguely.
"Tepig!" Tepig's head and eyes had lowered, trying to concentrate so it could battle. However, first, Carl had to get Snivy's attention. By doing this, Carl shouted.
"Hey! Snivy!" he tried not to sound aggressive, so that it wouldn't flee. Unfortunately, it looked over, and did just that, heading off into the trees. However, Carl wasn't going to just leave it. Instead, he was going to use Tepig's moves to give him the advantage to seek it out.
"Okay, Tepig. Use Odor Sleuth and find Snivy!" Carl had commanded. Making not much noise, Tepig had snorted once and then continued to snort against the ground, picking up the scent from Snivy, then heading through the grass and into the trees, Carl following Tepig.
Eventually, Tepig had ran over to one big oak tree with big bushy leaves and many branches. In this tree, Carl could easily see Snivy rustling against the tree, and called it out.
"Come on out! I'm not going to hurt you, I just want you to join me!" he wasn't the best with charming the Pokemon, especially since he was only just a beginner. Snivy poked it's head out of the tree and had then closed it's big eyes, and jumped out of the tree with confidence. It had landed right on it's feet, opened it's eyes back up and had looked Carl precisely in the eyes and grinned. It clearly wanted a battle, and wasn't afraid.
"Sni" it had said confidently, in a rather sleek voice. Carl guessed that this must have meant Yes, so they both were ready to take it on.
"Okay, then let's do this, Tepig!" he said excitedly, Tepig then nodding and staring at Snivy, and vice versa. Now that they were ready to battle, they could commence. Carl was on the verge of his first capture, and he was sure that nothing could go wrong if he did it right.

Last edited:

CrossJHero

Kiriya White......
Years

Lance said as he grunted out of anger, "Grr, I won't let you get away. Pidove, Gust! Then follow up with Brave Bird if you can."

Oshawott then fell over backwards on its backside the moment that it felt at the sudden gust of air thrown at it, then suddenly Pidove began shimmering red, and the air around Pidove began to heat up and as Pidove began flapping its wings, more and more energy was put into each flap, and then Pidove gathered that energy and slammed into the chest of Oshawott at a high speed which caused an Oshawott shaped crater to form in the ground, although Pidove was suffering some damage to its wings it was still able to fly, although lopsided and slowly, but Pidove was still able to fly, Oshawott was hurt and somewhat disoriented, but then Pidove flapped its wings, slowly, but with power, and the staggering movements proved that Pidove was losing energy, and quickly too, but Pidove gathered energy and while giving up altitude, it was able to throw another gust of air at Oshawott.

Lance then said while trying to formulate a plan, "Use Leer continually Pidove! Then mix in some growling too, that should weaken Oshawott's stats."

Oshawott then got up, and tried climbing up a tree, only getting about three feet up the tree as it then leaped up into the air using two trees as stepping stones and ledges, and using it's whole body as well as gravity to assist it. Pidove was rammed with Oshawott's full body and the wind was knocked out of Pidove, as Pidove lost its energy and fell out of the air with Oshawott, after the wild pokemon whipped its small excuse for a tail at Pidove to try and weaken it further, although there was no visual effect. Lance saw that the red-eyed gaze and the constant growling from his pokemon was working, so Pidove kept on giving that red-eyed leer towards Oshawott causing it to falter for a second out of fear instead of using water gun and instead it fell to the ground on its back, with Pidove noticing the advantage and quickly began flapping its wings and sending a strong gust of wind after Oshawott, which pinned Oshawott to the ground although Oshawott was already fatigued, and it was showing on both pokemon, but Pidove was able to resume its leer at Oshawott, and Oshawott could not hold back the signs of fatigue such as labored breathing, and slower movements. Pidove then forced itself to get back up into the air as it was trying to evade Oshawott.

Oshawott then sent a torrent of focused water crashing on Pidove making water gather in Pidove's feathers, causing Pidove to lose balance and tumble towards the ground but eventually, Pidove was able to open it's wings, and release the heat from its feathers, also getting rid of the water from its wings using the wind, but then folded its wings and became as thin as a pin so that Pidove would be in a nosedive, while Lance hoped that Pidove could redirect the momentum from the fall into hitting Oshawott.

Lance screamed, "Use Brave Bird again, twice in a row if you can, while using a gust to pin Oshawott down to keep it from moving.

Pidove then opened its wings and flapped its wings causing a very powerful wind to be emitted, making Oshawott move onto its back, but Oshawott was able to shoot another torrent of water at Pidove making Pidove go into a daze, but Pidove was able to regain focus and began glowing red, and making its body thin as it could again, and made its target the middle of Oshawott, the attack hit Oshawottin the chest as Pidove flew back out of sheer pain and was barely able to stand the small scratches and the overstretched muscles beginning to bulge and show with every breath that Pidove took.

Lance picked up the ball capsule from the floor, and held the ball saying, "Oshawott. I have a newfound respect for you, and thus, you must be on my team so that your talents are not wasted."

Lance threw the ball, and it opened right above the nearly fainted pokemon, which was transformed into white energy and sent into the pokeball, but Oshawott still had a bit of energy inside of its body at least enough to resist its current predicament.

Oshawott was severely trying to resist the change of habitat, and thus now, the ball was shaking violently as Oshawott was confined again trying to escape, Lance was watching the ball anxiously, waiting for the click that would mean that his efforts would not have been in vain.

Last edited:
Years
Lance said as he grunted out of anger, "Grr, I won't let you get away. Pidove, Gust! Then follow up with Brave Bird if you can."

Oshawott then fell over backwards on its backside the moment that it felt at the sudden gust of air thrown at it, then suddenly Pidove began shimmering red, and the air around Pidove began to heat up and as Pidove began flapping its wings, more and more energy was put into each flap, and then Pidove gathered that energy and slammed into the chest of Oshawott at a high speed which caused an Oshawott shaped crater to form in the ground, although Pidove was suffering some damage to its wings it was still able to fly, although lopsided and slowly, but Pidove was still able to fly, Oshawott was hurt and somewhat disoriented, but then Pidove flapped its wings, slowly, but with power, and the staggering movements proved that Pidove was losing energy, and quickly too, but Pidove gathered energy and while giving up altitude, it was able to throw another gust of air at Oshawott.

Lance then said while trying to formulate a plan, "Use Leer continually Pidove! Then mix in some growling too, that should weaken Oshawott's stats."

Oshawott then got up, and tried climbing up a tree, only getting about three feet up the tree as it then leaped up into the air using two trees as stepping stones and ledges, and using it's whole body as well as gravity to assist it. Pidove was rammed with Oshawott's full body and the wind was knocked out of Pidove, as Pidove lost its energy and fell out of the air with Oshawott, after the wild pokemon whipped its small excuse for a tail at Pidove to try and weaken it further, although there was no visual effect. Lance saw that the red-eyed gaze and the constant growling from his pokemon was working, so Pidove kept on giving that red-eyed leer towards Oshawott causing it to falter for a second out of fear instead of using water gun and instead it fell to the ground on its back, with Pidove noticing the advantage and quickly began flapping its wings and sending a strong gust of wind after Oshawott, which pinned Oshawott to the ground although Oshawott was already fatigued, and it was showing on both pokemon, but Pidove was able to resume its leer at Oshawott, and Oshawott could not hold back the signs of fatigue such as labored breathing, and slower movements. Pidove then forced itself to get back up into the air as it was trying to evade Oshawott.

Oshawott then sent a torrent of focused water crashing on Pidove making water gather in Pidove's feathers, causing Pidove to lose balance and tumble towards the ground but eventually, Pidove was able to open it's wings, and release the heat from its feathers, also getting rid of the water from its wings using the wind, but then folded its wings and became as thin as a pin so that Pidove would be in a nosedive, while Lance hoped that Pidove could redirect the momentum from the fall into hitting Oshawott.

Lance screamed, "Use Brave Bird again, twice in a row if you can, while using a gust to pin Oshawott down to keep it from moving.

Pidove then opened its wings and flapped its wings causing a very powerful wind to be emitted, making Oshawott move onto its back, but Oshawott was able to shoot another torrent of water at Pidove making Pidove go into a daze, but Pidove was able to regain focus and began glowing red, and making its body thin as it could again, and made its target the middle of Oshawott, the attack hit Oshawottin the chest as Pidove flew back out of sheer pain and was barely able to stand the small scratches and the overstretched muscles beginning to bulge and show with every breath that Pidove took.

Lance picked up the ball capsule from the floor, and held the ball saying, "Oshawott. I have a newfound respect for you, and thus, you must be on my team so that your talents are not wasted."

Lance threw the ball, and it opened right above the nearly fainted pokemon, which was transformed into white energy and sent into the pokeball, but Oshawott still had a bit of energy inside of its body at least enough to resist its current predicament.

Oshawott was severely trying to resist the change of habitat, and thus now, the ball was shaking violently as Oshawott was confined again trying to escape, Lance was watching the ball anxiously, waiting for the click that would mean that his efforts would not have been in vain.
much better. :)

-Lance obtained a Level 8 Oshawott

Back