• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • If we were to do something like tweak characters' customized special moves, then there'd be no end to it. But with that said, if there are any glaring issues, we may address them.
    I'm guessing by the time the Smash community bans Diddy Kong from competitive play is when they'll take action.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm guessing by the time the Smash community bans Diddy Kong from competitive play is when they'll take action.
    Yeah not gonna happen.

Diddy is no where near metagame breaking, he's just annoying. Very beatable and not dominant, but annoying. He just needs to have some damn recovery time after dthrow thats like the one reason he's at the top. :V

Years
  • Favourite/Least Favourite Smash Bros. Stage?

So just as it says on the title, what's you favorite and least favorite Super Smash Bros. series stages and why?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • So just as it says on the title, what's you favorite and least favorite Super Smash Bros. series stages and why?

Just so you're aware since you're new: we prefer to only have one thread per game/series. So your topic has been merged into our very active Smash Bros. thread. :)

As for your question: Favorite stages might be Green Greens and Smashville. I love the Animal Crossing stage because K.K. plays his tunes in the back and I just loved it. Green Greens is just a classic favorite of mine. :>

Least favorite...maybe the Game n Watch stage. I never enjoyed it as much as I know others do. :(

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • I've always enjoyed Battlefield and Final Destination. Simple, easy to fight on. But my overall favorite is actually from the original Smash Bros for the N64. This stage is known as 'Metal Mario's Stage' by fans, but officially, its 'Metal Mayhem'. I know this stage is referred as a Battlefield clone with a different backdrop; but this stage has always stuck out for me. The music, the feel, the fight against Metal Mario, the first time an alternate form of Mario became a mini-boss. I loved this stage and I asked why was it only once? It was simple, yeah, but I'd love to see it again in HD or in 3D form of some kind (along with that music track).

My least favorite stage is Tabuu's Residence?! New Pork City!! Do not get me wrong, I love the Earthbound/Mother series, but this stage is just so damn confusing at times. I've had various times getting trapped at the bottom area of the stage and then that freaking Chimera. I would be recovering and tries to get back into the fight and THEN that thing appears right where I land. Every. Freaking. Time. The only thing I did enjoy about this stage is the music and the feel of the stage, its one of my favorite areas in Mother 3.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Favorite Stage: Either Shadow Moses Island, Mario Galaxy, or Boxing Ring. Shadow Moses Island had the Snake codecs, Mario Galaxy has the best My Music selection, and Boxing Ring has nice-looking details, especially the title names for each character in the Wii U version.

Least Favorite Stage: Pyrosphere, but it's not because the Ridley hazard is annoying, but the fact that it has spawned a large fan outcry for the most-wanted character being disconfirmed and demanding for Sakurai's head or to be replaced by a new director, regardless if playable Ridley isn't true to his character portrayal.

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
    Years
  • There are so many good stages that it is hard to pick a favorite. If I had to choose probably Gerudo Valley(because of the music) or Battlefield because it's such great stage for platform abusing for ZSS and others.

Also what is your opinion on Ganondorf? He was considered the worst character in the game, do you agree? I think he is pretty solid in this game.

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    There are so many good stages that it is hard to pick a favorite. If I had to choose probably Gerudo Valley(because of the music) or Battlefield because it's such great stage for platform abusing for ZSS and others.

Also what is your opinion on Ganondorf? He was considered the worst character in the game, do you agree? I think he is pretty solid in this game.

Definitely not. If we're going to start a war about what the worst character is, it'd have to be Sonic for me :p No offense to you Sonic fans or mains but he's just annoying to me and most of his specials are too similar.

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
    Years
  • I don't like Sonic but I feel like that he is a character that is difficult to use but if used right can be a nightmare to face. The people in smashboard complain that Sonic is an annoying character to play against and I agree so he is definitely not the worst.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Sonic is like one of the best lol

Also seriously the only similar moves he has are side special and down special, and even they have their differences in many ways. Do you want an invincible on start up dash that sets up follow ups or fast multihit damaging spin dash that deals a lot of damage if charged? That's just the gist of it, and it's not even accounting their BIG difference in the air. They're only visually similar, but even there you can tell the difference. Just play Sonic and you'll see.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I know, I know. All characters in Smash are good :p But in my opinion he would be my least favorite, not saying he can't be good or anything, just more annoying to me than a Diddy Kong xD

How about you guys though? Do you have anyone you never play as?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't really play much with the majority of the roster lol.

Sir Codin

I mean, c'mon, who can resist using his B-move, which I love to call "The Can O' Whoop-Ass"

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Sakurai Says He Has Has No Plans To Balance Super Smash Bros Further, But Will Be Working On Online https://wp.me/pLMz-opJ

Soooo, what we have is mostly what we're gonna get. 8D
    I actually really doubt this will remain true if once Sakruai realises that Diddy is unbalanced. Also, there wil lbe more glitches discovered, and they'll have to patch them.

He said he has no plans to make balance changes. That doesn't mean he's not ever going to. He will probably realise about Diddy soon, and notice some other characters on the side that need some changes (e.g I think Zelda deserves some buffs), but he might wait a little while to actually do a patch.

Characters I never play...
    Lucina (Marth is stronger)
    Mr. Game and Watch (Doesn't really click with me, but he's okay)
    Olimar (started using him a little recently)
    Mario (doesn't click with me, I'm used to Luigi)
    Little Mac (used to play him a lot, but he gets really boring and repetitive to play)

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years
  • Well yesterday, I got the Wii U version. I actually find it slightly harder than the 3DS version. This one has more features though, like event matches. My best character is Pikachu, so I've been mainly using him. I tried Smash Tour and I think it's Smash Brothers meets Mario Party. I've only unlocked a few characters though since I don't have a lot of time to play due to school.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Well yesterday, I got the Wii U version. I actually find it slightly harder than the 3DS version. This one has more features though, like event matches. My best character is Pikachu, so I've been mainly using him. I tried Smash Tour and I think it's Smash Brothers meets Mario Party. I've only unlocked a few characters though since I don't have a lot of time to play due to school.

It's supposed to be like Mario Party. Since Mario Party is supposed to be a board game and it's also supposed to be like a board game :p And I love Mario Party! <3

Back