• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    What? Really confused. Ganon is in Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds, and he's now in Hyrule Warriors. I have nothing against King K. Rool but even Yoshi's standalone series is more up to date then the DK series itself. Again, I respect any love you have for King K. Rool as a villain and even the DK series but you have to look at reality man.
    Ganon did not appeared in Skyward Sword, and Hyrule Warriors is not main Zelda title; it is a spin-off title that isn't canon to the timeline. The DK franchise was given very poor treatment in this installment of Smash despite being revived Brawl and Smash 4's time gap. Other than a new stage, it got no newcomers nor new remixes of different songs from the series but instead different variations of the same song, the DK Swing. The reality is that it's an insult to the fans of the franchise, and they're planning to use Smash's Club Nintendo Forms to fill it out as a reason why they weren't able to enjoy this game (remember the phrase "the customer is always right").

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Ganon did not appeared in Skyward Sword, and Hyrule Warriors is not main Zelda title; it is a spin-off title that isn't canon to the timeline. The DK franchise was given very poor treatment in this installment of Smash despite being revived Brawl and Smash 4's time gap. Other than a new stage, it got no newcomers nor new remixes of different songs from the series but instead different variations of the same song, the DK Swing. The reality is that it's an insult to the fans of the franchise, and they're planning to use Smash's Club Nintendo Forms to fill it out as a reason why they weren't able to enjoy this game (remember the phrase "the customer is always right").

I don't know what to say man, it's not the fact that King K. Rool hasn't appeared in a MAIN DK game (or Ganon for that matter) It's that he hasn't appeared in a game period.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I'm going back to my point that For Glory is an awful competitive environment. It can't be expected that having only one stage only isn't going to give certain characters advantages. Ganondorfs get extreme side-b chains, characters can spam projectiles, and characters that use platforms for follow-ups can't do so.

I'd be fine if it was Battlefield, but Final Destination was chosen instead, and it's much worse than Battlefield. Did the devs expect the meta-game to develop around one (relatively unbalanced) stage?

Sorry I continue to rant about For Glory, but I'm frustrated about it. It's awful, and if they would just make Battlefield available then it would vastly improve.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I'm going back to my point that For Glory is an awful competitive environment. It can't be expected that having only one stage only isn't going to give certain characters advantages. Ganondorfs get extreme side-b chains, characters can spam projectiles, and characters that use platforms for follow-ups can't do so.

I'd be fine if it was Battlefield, but Final Destination was chosen instead, and it's much worse than Battlefield. Did the devs expect the meta-game to develop around one (relatively unbalanced) stage?

Sorry I continue to rant about For Glory, but I'm frustrated about it. It's awful, and if they would just make Battlefield available then it would vastly improve.

Meh, it's a HUGE advantage for Marth to have platforms, especially in that form. There is no neutral stage, and that's why we have to figure out our opponents weaknesses no matter what advantage they might have.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Meh, it's a HUGE advantage for Marth to have platforms, especially in that form. There is no neutral stage, and that's why we have to figure out our opponents weaknesses no matter what advantage they might have.
    There is no neutral stage, which is why we allow multiple stages. It allows for counterpicks and striking so that sets are as fair as possible. Besides, Final Destination is a lot less neutral than Battlefield, so if we have to have only one stage, why can it not be Battlefield?

The most preferable option, however, would still be to have both Battlefield and FD available on For Glory.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Huh, I didn't think that they had thought up the idea of 8-Player Smash as early as Melee. Though it's easy to see why they never implemented it until now. Nintendo consoles have never exactly had the best hardware specs, kinda doubt that the Gamecube could've handled 8 characters on screen ('specially 8 pairs of Ice Climbers).

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years

Hyrule Warriors is Canon. Even though it's a spin-off doesn't mean it's not part of the series. The timeline wouldn't be complete without Hyrule Warriors anyway.
    Just like DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball. Even though it's a Volleyball game, doesn't mean it's not relevant to the actual series, and doesn't tie up with the game.

Oh and Ganon was in Skyward Sword, it's just that they gave him a different name in the game.
    Just look up "Demise Skyward Sword" and tell me it doesn't look like Ganon.

P.S. Just pointing out some stuff wrong with your statement.

New discussion is starting. :)

What other alternate costumes should they add? Should they take it from other games or make their own?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I would like more alternate costumes for Robin, ones that use some of the other hairstyles you can use in Awakening.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I just want Wario to have have more than 8 colours. :| Specifically bring back this one
    Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Oh and a proper Blood Falcon alt.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Hyrule Warriors costumes for all the Zelda characters, and Robin in a hood. Those are NEEDED, not wanted.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I would like to see more alt. costumes that are in reference to other outfits some of the other fighters also wore in their source material such as PJ Toon Link and Mario's tuxedo from the Super Mario All-Stars cover.

Hyrule Warriors is Canon. Even though it's a spin-off doesn't mean it's not part of the series. The timeline wouldn't be complete without Hyrule Warriors anyway.
    Just like DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball. Even though it's a Volleyball game, doesn't mean it's not relevant to the actual series, and doesn't tie up with the game.

Oh and Ganon was in Skyward Sword, it's just that they gave him a different name in the game.
    Just look up "Demise Skyward Sword" and tell me it doesn't look like Ganon.

P.S. Just pointing out some stuff wrong with your statement.
    It was confirmed by the developers that Hyrule Warriors isn't canon to the main Zelda timeline. Also, just because Demise was Ganondorf's earliest incarnation doesn't mean he's technically in the game. That's like saying Ganondorf was technically in the first Zelda game in his Ganon form, even though he wasn't grouped with Link and Zelda in the same year in All-Star mode, but in 1998, where the Ganondorf we all know today actually debuted.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    It was confirmed by the developers that Hyrule Warriors isn't canon to the main Zelda timeline. Also, just because Demise was Ganondorf's earliest incarnation doesn't mean he's technically in the game. That's like saying Ganondorf was technically in the first Zelda game in his Ganon form, even though he wasn't grouped with Link and Zelda in the same year in All-Star mode, but in 1998, where the Ganondorf we all know today actually debuted.

What? And, what?? The only thing confirmed by the developers is that Hyrule Warriors was MADE to continue the Zelda timeline. And Ganondorf was in Skyward Sword, and he was in the first Zelda game. Nothing you say can change that fact.

Also just wanted to say that I understood less than 20% of what you just said... It would be helpful if you posted again in English so we could all read it.

Last edited:

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    What? And, what?? The only thing confirmed by the developers is that Hyrule Warriors was MADE to continue the Zelda timeline. And Ganondorf was in Skyward Sword, and he was in the first Zelda game. Nothing you say can change that fact.

Also just wanted to say that I understood less than 20% of what you just said... It would be helpful if you posted again in English so we could all read it.

Holy crowbars. What he said was in english, Aven. With the whole Hyrule Warrior's debate, it is a mixed situation between the Legend of Zelda developers. Some have stated that they were FOR the game to be included in the timeline, but developer leader Eiji Aonuma had stated that he was unsure if he should include the game into the official timeline due to the fact it was not by Nintendo themselves, more or less, an non-timeline (non-canon) spinoff. This has been stated many times, and as such, its an on going debate.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Holy crowbars. What he said was in english, Aven. With the whole Hyrule Warrior's debate, it is a mixed situation between the Legend of Zelda developers. Some have stated that they were FOR the game to be included in the timeline, but developer leader Eiji Aonuma had stated that he was unsure if he should include the game into the official timeline due to the fact it was not by Nintendo themselves, more or less, an non-timeline (non-canon) spinoff. This has been stated many times, and as such, its an on going debate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyrule_Warriors "the game is a collaboration between Koei Tecmo and Nintendo, and is part of both Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda series and Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors series." Watched over as it was made by Eiji Aonuma himself you can't say this isn't a Nintendo game. Even so, we're discussing how King K. Rool hasn't been in a game period since 2008.

Last edited:

Cura

Years

Wikipedia - Plot Section said:
    "The game is set in Hyrule, outside of the official Zelda timeline."
    The opening statement is all the proof I need to know. The statement is, that this argument of it being official or not is still on-going. From what I have seen, read, and gain to understand, Team Ninja was just walking on it to Nintendo's requirements. Also; it still doesn't stop the fanbase from debating between the two ideas.

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
    Pinkie-Dawn said:
    "Also, just because Demise was Ganondorf's earliest incarnation doesn't mean he's technically in the game.
    That's like saying Ganondorf was technically in the first Zelda game"

New favorite quote. ♥ It's just so funny.

Cura

Years
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyrule_Warriors "the game is a collaboration between Koei Tecmo and Nintendo, and is part of both Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda series and Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors series." Watched over as it was made by Eiji Aonuma himself you can't say this isn't a Nintendo game. Even so, we're discussing how King K. Rool hasn't been in a game period since 2008.

I love the fact you edited your post, just to make it look like I was talking about something else. Also, this statment:

Even so, we're discussing how King K. Rool hasn't been in a game period since 2008.

If you look at the previous posts, the topic is about different color schemes for characters. Not about King K Rool. Now, on the topic of color schemes, I'd love to see some Toon Link skins appearing with skins similar to normal Link's. Or maybe, his Outset Island outfit similar to how after you complete Wind Waker and restart your game, you get the 'invisible' hero clothes.

"They are literally light as air!"

Back