• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Ignorning half the posts on this page. xD
Well, Riho, I joined here when I had no shinies, but later that afternoon I was running through Cerulean Cave and found Shiny Machoke; which is funny because I wasn't hunting a shiny at that time. For Shiny Poochyena, it came a whole three months after, it was in October and I was half asleep in bed training my Emerald team up just north of Slateport, and I saw an orange poochy and was like "Yah, prob my eyes just foolin me or something, but I outta catch it anyways", thankfully it turned out to be shiny.

And welcome to you Lt. Surge! ^.^

And to answer Kim's question: I'm not doing much right now, but I want to beat both my games which is starting to get boring, hence me no SH. I want to be able to shunt for Ponyta, catch two shinies of them. One to keep as MoonGallop and the other to be NightSmoke. Then after that I might breed castform or something. Yes I'm aware I could do both right now, but I wanna beat the games first. /=

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
WOOTER I welcome you to the treecko safari Kim , plz keep all pokeballs inside your pouch untill the end of the ride where shiny treecko will be on your left and unobtainable shiny poochyena will be on your right

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Don't forget the obtainable shiny Zigzagoon, found inconveniently close to the shiny starter. They seem to flock around shiny Torchic's more because Torchic can cook some Oran and, very rarely, Sitrus berries for the shiny Zigzagoon to eat.

XxXRiho

Unbe-frilling-leivable.
Years
Ks--> really!!! Good to know! :} Thank you, that is encouraging! I will hopefully be getting my Emerald & start shiny hunting very soon!!! Watch out, people! LOL. XP hehe.

G'Night, Everyone!! :}
<3

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
currently working on shiny zapdos. i would do moltres first, but sadly i caught him before i learned about the soft-reset and etc. on making shiny legendarys.

if you really want rare shiny pokemon you should go to shiny hell ... I mean the safari zone thats where you get all the bragging rights ... or become just another statistic DUN DUN DUN!!!!!

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
I'm back everyone!

No new shinies but I still have half of my break left. For the time being I'm going to concentrate on Hitmonlee, and then I may take a small break from hunting once I've found it, or I may avenge the Dratini I lost. On a side note the Saffron Dojo may be in danger if my luck is bad. If I find shiny Lee and it has one of the 8 forbidden natures (ones that decrease Atk or Speed) I may get my Ho-oh to set fire to the whole building.

Oh, and congrats to anyone who caught a new shiny while I was away and hello to any new members.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Don't. Ever. Hunt. In. The. Safari. Zone.
(Or are we calling it Shiny Hell now?)
Seriously - don't do it ever because it will only end in tears and possibly self-mutilation.
The first time I ever saw a shiny (aside from the Gyrados in the Lake of RAGE!) was a Ryhorn in the Safari Zone - and it ran away from me. And then I threw my SP across the room.
It's not worth it - if you want a Safari Shiny you should hatch for it. That's what I've been doing for over a year now for Tauros. So it's obviously a good plan of action!

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Don't. Ever. Hunt. In. The. Safari. Zone.
(Or are we calling it Shiny Hell now?)
Seriously - don't do it ever because it will only end in tears and possibly self-mutilation.
The first time I ever saw a shiny (aside from the Gyrados in the Lake of RAGE!) was a Ryhorn in the Safari Zone - and it ran away from me. And then I threw my SP across the room.
It's not worth it - if you want a Safari Shiny you should hatch for it. That's what I've been doing for over a year now for Tauros. So it's obviously a good plan of action!

NO GUTS NO GLORY . i caught two safari pokemon >.> ... so yeha you knowI don't have to prove I have guts by going back XD think of me as a verteran Ive done my fighting so I get a get out hail free card for the next XP

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I am never going to risk hunting in the safari zone. I would hate to see the shiny then have it run away from me.
Shido i guess you got lucky.

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
NO GUTS NO GLORY . i caught two safari pokemon >.> ... so yeha you knowI don't have to prove I have guts by going back XD think of me as a verteran Ive done my fighting so I get a get out hail free card for the next XP
Son, I thought I taught you better than that! :P Hah!

Today I am hunting shuppets, dusclops and the occasional chimecho.. wish me luck! I'll take any one of those.. even another shuppet.. I can evolve one! I'm also resetting for Treeko.. fun stuffs! *STAY AWAY unobtainable poochyena!*

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Son, I thought I taught you better than that! :P Hah!

Today I am hunting shuppets, dusclops and the occasional chimecho.. wish me luck! I'll take any one of those.. even another shuppet.. I can evolve one! I'm also resetting for Treeko.. fun stuffs! *STAY AWAY unobtainable poochyena!*

shuppets dusclops and chimecho OH MY!! XP you'll get one muahah the power ghost compells YOU !!! hey maybe we will get treecko at the same time and they can be playmates :)

im surprised I havent run into a shiny pooch yet XD I ran into four during my 3 kip hunts . but either way VIVA LA SHINY TREECKO!!!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I went for a shiny chimecho a while ago but it was rare i found a normal one so a shiny would be extremly rare so i stopped that and moved on.

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
I went for a shiny chimecho a while ago but it was rare i found a normal one so a shiny would be extremly rare so i stopped that and moved on.
Oh I don't expect by any stretch of the imagination that I will get a shiny chimecho.. It would be nice, but I'm not expecting it, lol. I think that's a definite hatchable there. Anyone out there actually FIND a shiny Chimecho? besides Aaryn that is? Btw, he found a shiny chimecho in less than 2 days, isn't that amazing?
Kim

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
welp I tried breeding chimecho and i gots nada and I went buttmonkey crazy hatching for it . oh well . you are way over de for a shiny Kim so im prettty sure you will get a chimecho due to luck needing to make up for lost times

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
Years
Well since today is a school holiday i'm going to hunt for some shines. Only problem is that I don't really know what to go for. In my FR version i'm SR'ing for a shiny squirtle, but I think i'm going to give up really soon. I think in my sapphire version i'm going to go for a anorith.

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
Well since today is a school holiday i'm going to hunt for some shines. Only problem is that I don't really know what to go for. In my FR version i'm SR'ing for a shiny squirtle, but I think i'm going to give up really soon. I think in my sapphire version i'm going to go for a anorith.

I have been meaning to ask this of everyone, so I will ask you and include everyone in the question.. Do you find it easier/funner/less boring/faster/all or none of the above to sr than to just run around hunting random shinies? I find it incredibly boring... but well worth the reward when you finally get what you are sr-ing for I guess. How many of you would actually RATHER sr than hatching or randomly encountering?
Kim

Back