• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
well, did you change the starting position of the player? if so thats your problem.
put back on the intro map. then change were the event transfers you to. ( the event is in the top right corner, and the transfer player part is at the very bottom)

Thanks! It worked. I'm happy that someone was on to help me, so kudos to you. :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
ok, i checked the note's file, and couldn't find any information, so can someon tell me what the "Function code of the move. A hexadecimal value." is? and where can i find them? becuase i made like 24 new moves and don't know how to find this for them.

edit: Never mind, figured it out.

Last edited:

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
I want to know how to make an arranged wild pokemon because
like at the end you have to battle a wild lugia when you talk to it

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
someone could teach me how to detail a battle, that even after losing the game continues normally.
(As the battles against rival)

Please. i need much!!!

this has already been answered!
make the start over point in the trainer event so it brings you back even if you lose.
... <_<

just a suggestion, spend more than a week before you make a thread.

I go back several pages back and found not... Please post here again.I search for this much more than a week...

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
When will the next version of POKEMON starterkit be released? Besides, I already claimed that there's a serious problem when connecting two map with water landscape and I have to re-use the Surf technique to surf on the water again when stepping into another map. Will this issue be settled in the next version?

Ridley

Beware of Meta Ridley!
Years
this has already been answered!
make the start over point in the trainer event so it brings you back even if you lose.
... <_<

just a suggestion, spend more than a week before you make a thread.

Yeah, I wanna get kind of a lot done before I make thread so I can have a lot of screenies too :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
ok I have read the note files like 6 times
I can not find the follwoing
- what is the btfiles
- is it possible to add new ability I could not find out how
- can you add new types. and how
- and to delete certain pokemon what would you do. would you delete the the data in the pokemon pbs file and then image or what
- can some help me with adding moves. The notes said somehting about a function code, and how other effects are but does not say how to program ones with them

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The BT files contain information on the trainers and Pokémon in the Battle Tower.

As for making new types, abilities and moves, first, learn RGSS.
Then edit the PBTypes and PokeBattle script sections.

If you're just looking for the function codes, they're in the Ruby/Sapphire section on poccil's website.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
A new version was released today.

May 2, 2008

* Restructured game system for more extensibility
* Implemented roaming Pokemon mechanism (Latios, Raikou, etc.). See PokemonRoaming to learn how to set it up. This component is optional.
* Improved Poke Radar. The Poke Radar component is now optional.
* Fixed animation bug where animation didn't reverse
* Added two functions to game editor
* Implemented in-game trade events (see example in Pokemon Center)

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years

May 2, 2008

* Implemented roaming Pokemon mechanism (Latios, Raikou, etc.). See PokemonRoaming to learn how to set it up. This component is optional.

Great updates! Too bad I know nothing about how to upgrade it and I'm gonna stick with the older version...

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do i make an event like this:
If switch 098 is on, all Pokémon(number 1- 151 are automatic transfered to the box)???

How???

Years

May 2, 2008

Could u put the modifications on your website? I mean all the functions u have added and modified and where they are, so that we dont have to look in all the scripts to find them.

It will be easier for us to update our version of pokemon essentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back