• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
poccil used to link to it every update, but he stopped. Fortunately, he still uploaded the file, so all I had to do was change the date in the URL to see the newest one.

Thanks, poccil, for not forgetting about us who like to add stuff on to the SK! That's what it's for, right?
Oh, and I think the bitmap cache bug I had was fixed in the new version (or at least I'm not getting it).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Could u put the modifications on your website? I mean all the functions u have added and modified and where they are, so that we dont have to look in all the scripts to find them.

It will be easier for us to update our version of pokemon essentials.

stop asking for this and check out the website.

if you did, you would know that the notes file on her website tells you the new features of each update.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Actually, it doesn't. -_-
I don't think it's been updated for a while, and even so, doesn't say the individual script sections which were changed, and how, which people who have edited the scripts (such as myself and imtheomega) may need to know. That information is contained in the file I linked to.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
poccil, this is an idea i thought of while playing pokemon yellow (which i seem to be loosing at for some reason, wow am i out of practice)

1)ghost apear as shadow monsters unless a variable/switch is on (like the scopelence in pokemon r/b/y

and also, are you going to add the slot machines?

Last edited:
Years
stop asking for this and check out the website.

if you did, you would know that the notes file on her website tells you the new features of each update.

Well well well...

It's been a long time I've remarked that u like to say to people that they are wrong by answering this sort of things.

If u had read, u would see that I were asking him to post it on his website and so that I visit it and obviously I read the notes.
All the modifications are NOT in the notes file. So please, when u say something, think twice before posting and saying people they are wrong.

By the way, Wichu, how do u found it was to this link? U asked to poccil or do u found it by yourself and if u found it by yourself, where do u found it on the website?

Like I said, the adress of the file is pokestarter/changed-2008-05-02.txt. Do u just use the adress and modify it every time there is an update?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Well well well...

It's been a long time I've remarked that u like to say to people that they are wrong by answering this sort of things.

If u had read, u would see that I were asking him to post it on his website and so that I visit it and obviously I read the notes.
All the modifications are NOT in the notes file. So please, when u say something, think twice before posting and saying people they are wrong.

By the way, Wichu, how do u found it was to this link? U asked to poccil or do u found it by yourself and if u found it by yourself, where do u found it on the website?

Like I said, the adress of the file is pokestarter/changed-2008-05-02.txt. Do u just use the adress and modify it every time there is an update?

I do wish to apologies, your right, i was kind of angry, and upset, if you wish to know why , then read my journal, http://yaoimutt.blogspot.com/ The same guy called again yesterday. so please forgive me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I'm using a slightly older version of Pokemon Essentials. When you restore your Pokemon in a Pokemon Center, the screen just fades and they're restored. In the new version, there's an animation like in the games where the Pokeballs appear on the machine. Does anyone know what I edit so that my old version will use this animation? I've already copied the events from the new version, but I need the new script too. Thanks in advance.

Oh, and if someone knows how to edit the text box in the evolution script, please tell me.

Last edited:

Ionic

God of nothing
Years
Only happens with certain attacks

errorin1.jpg

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
To fix this, replace line 515 of the script section PokeBattle_AI:

Old version:

Code:
   if opponent.lastMoveUsed>0 && 
      (opponent.level-attacker.level).abs<=6

New version:

Code:
   if opponent.lastMoveUsed>0 && 
      (opponent.level-@battlers[index].level).abs<=6

Years
I'm using a slightly older version of Pokemon Essentials. When you restore your Pokemon in a Pokemon Center, the screen just fades and they're restored. In the new version, there's an animation like in the games where the Pokeballs appear on the machine. Does anyone know what I edit so that my old version will use this animation? I've already copied the events from the new version, but I need the new script too. Thanks in advance.

Oh, and if someone knows how to edit the text box in the evolution script, please tell me.

The answer to your first question was given previously in the thread :

@Gamekrazy :

Like I said to phoenixprime in private :

Download this : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O67MEM7R

The images must go in characters, the audio file in ME. And since the only problem seems to be the images, u dont have to replace the scene_map in your script.

yaoimutt said:
I do wish to apologies, your right, i was kind of angry, and upset, if you wish to know why , then read my journal, http://yaoimutt.blogspot.com/ The same guy called again yesterday. so please forgive me.

No problem, I understand ;).

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I have done all of that, but still it doesn't work. It just keeps doing the same thing. Are you sure you that's the right script? Or maybe the fading script needs to be deleted.. but where is it?

Years
I have done all of that, but still it doesn't work. It just keeps doing the same thing. Are you sure you that's the right script? Or maybe the fading script needs to be deleted.. but where is it?

Hum, have u replaced the event like in the new versions? There must be 2 events for the pokeballs and u must also replace the event for the nurse, so that she will walk to the left.

If u have done it, I cannot say like that where it comes from, sorry, not knowing the version u are currently using.

And I could not help u more for the moment, my computer has crashed and I cannot use it anymore for the moment. I will have to wait two days more to have it back from repair.
(Hopefully I had saved all my files :p.)

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Excuse me, I have some questions to ask about the Partner Trainer event. How does this event work out? I mean, a partner trainer will battle together with you no matter whether you're facing an one-on-one or a two-on-two battle? Besides, I've viewed the Project of POKEMON True Story and I doubt whether it's possible to make a partner trainer that travel behind the protagonist just like PICACHU does to ASH?

I'd appreciate it very much if anyone of you could answer both questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back