• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • No one greeted Illusione-Tempus aka me back hahaha. Then again not many A&M people knew I name changed to Milotic.

Who else was I discussing that we'd be changing our themes when DigiTri came out?

I think that was me lol.

Still need to watch the movie first so brb :v

EDIT: And I'm done, time to switch up my theme hahaha.

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • One Punch Man isn't amazing for me, but it's gone from something I felt was kinda meh to something I'm starting to enjoy. Maybe it's because I started reading Hero Academia first and this kinda feels like a different vibe. Didn't really start to like it until the Superhero Certification episode. Latest episode I actually did quite like though.

Aside from OPM I'm watch a lot this season. Haikyuu!!S2, NorgamiS2, Kindaichi S2 and new World Trigger high on the list as usual - surprising loving Young Black Jack currently. Still watching Shigenki no Vampire A.k.a Owari no Seraph season 2, Starmyu and Dance with Devils -whyamistillwatchingthis.

And the latter, Subete, looks like it is one of those gripping murder mystery animu - the impressions I've been reading of it online haven't been negative at all.

Subete I'm watching is just okay for me. It's not bad, but it's not amazing and I really love mystery/detective anime. Only problem for me is the slow pacing and that there's a lot of talking. Maybe it's that I prefer the "solve it in 1-4 episodes" than having a series on a single case or that I've watched a lot of Locked Room mysteries and maybe it's because I'm watching Kindachi at the same time. It has it's ups and downs of excitement and slow boring bits I guess.

No one greeted Illusione-Tempus aka me back hahaha. Then again not many A&M people knew I name changed to Milotic.

Legit came back and got confused because a lot of people changed their usernames xD

Last edited:

Candy

Years
  • I guess I'm going to have to rely on streaming services to catch up on my anime 'cause I have no more space in my harddrives. ;~;

Legit came back and got confused because a lot of people changed their usernames xD

I was also Candy before Milotic hahaha. Managed to snag both names so I am happy. :v

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • No one greeted Illusione-Tempus aka me back hahaha. Then again not many A&M people knew I name changed to Milotic.
    Hey Candy, 's good to have you back!

You know, after you left us. Probably forgot us. Didn't even text A&M to let it know you were okay ;_;

Really, though, it's good to see all the old/not-so-old faces again. The DCC's been far too quiet, recently.

GO FOR BOTH. @OPM. The manga is GORGEOUSLY drawn and definitely does deserve a read. You cannot pass on it, definitely. There are certain sequences in the manga that'll blow you away. Just downright insane sequences.

But that doesn't mean you can skip on the anime. The OPM anime is one of the best adaptations to have come out in recent years. PLEASE, PLEASE follow both. I'm practically begging you so consider it!

You might wanna give the new Gundam and Subete ga F ni Naru a shot. Haven't seen either myself but a friend who's following them has been enjoying them a lot. Gundam, this time, is going for the edge factor it seems - edgy cruel MC and whatnot. He's loving it. And the latter, Subete, looks like it is one of those gripping murder mystery animu - the impressions I've been reading of it online haven't been negative at all. So yeah, might wanna check them out.

I'd urge you to watch both Noragami Aragoto and Haikyuu S2 but you'll HAVE to catch up with their previous seasons first. Both are excellent shows and definitely deserve a watch. Their second seasons have been blowing things outta the water so far. <3
    I could follow both the OPM anime and manga. The interest is definitely there, and I am curious to see how things will translate. Plus I'm a huge animation and direction nerd so I'd be totally down, anyway. Plus its Madhouse. How the hell am I supposed to pass that up?

As for Gundam, I've been looking at that since pre-release and do want to watch it, but the prospect of an edgy protagonist is pretty off-putting. 00 had an edgy protag, too, and I still haven't touched that one. orz I suppose I'll give it a look, though. If the concept's interesting maybe that'll dull the edge. That in mind, I suppose there's nothing to say that an edgy protag is inherently bad, and considering what it's about it kind of comes with the territory. It's a matter of how sharp that edge is, which I suppose I'll have to see.

Subete ga F ni Naru has been glaring me in the face on Crunchyroll, so I'll probably do another runthrough of episode ones and include it in there. I know next to nothing about it, but I suppose that'll make it more interesting (?).

I might watch Haikyuu, though. Mentioned that I liked what I saw in the first episode of season 2, so I might go back and watch the original. As for when, I don't really know, but I'm definitely interested. Noragami, though...we'll see. I read part of the first volume of the manga. I didn't dislike it or anything but I- well, I didn't really read enough to get a clear image. I'll give the first episode or so of the original a peek and go from there.

And I'm just wracking up the Gintama episodes. Haven't watched in weeks (Afro having been the last duology I watched). Part of the reason is because it gives me something to do, but also because I'm legitimately scared of the arc to come.

Candy

Years

• Who were you again? xDDDDD

*rips off Satoshi's Onii-san status*

Hey Candy, 's good to have you back!

You know, after you left us. Probably forgot us. Didn't even text A&M to let it know you were okay ;_;

Really, though, it's good to see all the old/not-so-old faces again. The DCC's been far too quiet, recently.

You can blame the UG for semi-ditching you guys hahaha. Actually I still lurk once in a while.

I never forget, just that I haven't been catching up on the Anime seasons since falling into severe depression last May. I mean I could try to follow the topics but since I'm currently out of season it's not really an option. ._."

Also manga volumes prices have increased again over here... Welp, I'll just grab series I really like from now on.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I never forget, just that I haven't been catching up on the Anime seasons since falling into severe depression last May. I mean I could try to follow the topics but since I'm currently out of season it's not really an option. ._."

Also manga volumes prices have increased again over here... Welp, I'll just grab series I really like from now on.

I kinda noticed your absence. Stay strong, you rock 8D

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • You can blame the UG for semi-ditching you guys hahaha. Actually I still lurk once in a while.

I never forget, just that I haven't been catching up on the Anime seasons since falling into severe depression last May. I mean I could try to follow the topics but since I'm currently out of season it's not really an option. ._."

Well it's good to have you back, at least for the time being.

But you don't really have to be up with the new season to include yourself in the conversations. Other than OPM and Digimon Tri, the recent conversations include Hunter X Hunter, how Baccano! is best watched in Klingon, Toei being the shittiest of the ****, and how Hindu Push-ups are the lewdest thing ever conceived. As well as what to watch this season.

So things are pretty much free rein.

---

On a slightly related note...you guys should start Osomatsu. And not on Crunchyroll, since the company that animates the show pulled episode 1 and edited episode 3. I've only seen the first two episodes so far, and really, the first episode would have sold me on the show altogether if it wasn't clear that that wasn't what the whole show was gonna be like, but if you like Comedy in the way of Gintama, you'll probably like this show a lot. And also like Gintama, it'll probably get cancelled at least once. Considering how the first episode was pulled from broadcasting (and why)...that should give you some idea.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years

I think that was me lol.

Still need to watch the movie first so brb :v

EDIT: And I'm done, time to switch up my theme hahaha.
    Dude, no wonder. Y'all keepin' changing names and shizz. Makes it very confusing. ;___; I myself haven't exactly been here all that much but your absence definitely was felt. Since you and zappy came back, the section seems a little more lively. <3;

Welcome back. :)

As for Gundam, I've been looking at that since pre-release and do want to watch it, but the prospect of an edgy protagonist is pretty off-putting. 00 had an edgy protag, too, and I still haven't touched that one. orz I suppose I'll give it a look, though. If the concept's interesting maybe that'll dull the edge. That in mind, I suppose there's nothing to say that an edgy protag is inherently bad, and considering what it's about it kind of comes with the territory. It's a matter of how sharp that edge is, which I suppose I'll have to see.

Subete ga F ni Naru has been glaring me in the face on Crunchyroll, so I'll probably do another runthrough of episode ones and include it in there. I know next to nothing about it, but I suppose that'll make it more interesting (?).

I might watch Haikyuu, though. Mentioned that I liked what I saw in the first episode of season 2, so I might go back and watch the original. As for when, I don't really know, but I'm definitely interested. Noragami, though...we'll see. I read part of the first volume of the manga. I didn't dislike it or anything but I- well, I didn't really read enough to get a clear image. I'll give the first episode or so of the original a peek and go from there.

And I'm just wracking up the Gintama episodes. Haven't watched in weeks (Afro having been the last duology I watched). Part of the reason is because it gives me something to do, but also because I'm legitimately scared of the arc to come.
    Yeah, it is nice to see more and more of familiar faces. I wish we almost have all the regulars here back now, I think. Apart from Laptrap, that is. I miss that guy. :(

Yeah, understandably so. If the edge ends up being too stronk, it'll just end up shitting over all your hopes and expectations. But edge pulled off well can very well result in an entertaining ride. And that's what I'm hoping for from this series.

Subete, now that I've seen it, is a series that I'd call decent at best right now. I marathoned all episodes at once so I didn't exactly feel it but...the show's pretty damn slow. The pacing is slow. You might not really like it. :p

HAIKYUU IS AWESOME SO PLIS WATCH THAT ASAP. THEN WE CAN FANGIRL OVER THE DEVELOPMENTS AND WHATNOT EACH EPISODE TOGETHER!!!!

Ah, Gintama. I'm pretty damn pumped for the next arc. Its gonna be great if adapted properly. <3; And it IS true - once you catch up, the void of not having more Gintama to indulge in definitely can be felt. :p

Toei being the shittiest of the ****, and how Hindu Push-ups are the lewdest thing ever conceived.
    Toei being **** is a topic that's ever-relevant so its okay to bring that up anytime. And lewd stuff = good stuff. So hindu-pushups automatically become relevant, too.

Candy

Years
  • Dude, no wonder. Y'all keepin' changing names and shizz. Makes it very confusing. ;___; I myself haven't exactly been here all that much but your absence definitely was felt. Since you and zappy came back, the section seems a little more lively. <3;

Welcome back. :)

dero dero hiii I miss you too. Sorry for name changing all the time hahaha. <3

You should be glad that you're not my Skype friend 'cause I change my name there all the time. I can get people to testify.

Well time to order my list of anime that I need to prioritize watching hahaha. idk Haikyuu or Noragami or DRRR! first oh god I'm sooo out of date. ;~;

derozio

Years
  • But I've heard the rest of the episodes are tame in comparison. The ones who watched the first episode were blown away by how absolutely insanely OTT it was but the later episodes see the show getting into a more, idk, proper form of comedy?

I'm sitting this one out for now. I'll marathon it once it ends. Or download the whole thing and then watch at my own pace. Not really in the mood for keeping up with a lot of on-going stuff anyway. The only series that legitimately excites me anymore these days is Haikyuu S2. Rest I'm enjoying but...not really excited for. :(

Edit: Offtopic - also holy **** the kisses in fate kaleid are insane. I saw a clip on youtube today and they look absolutely hentai-grade XD; Even better, in fact. Makes me want to watch the show :B

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • But I've heard the rest of the episodes are tame in comparison. The ones who watched the first episode were blown away by how absolutely insanely OTT it was but the later episodes see the show getting into a more, idk, proper form of comedy?

I'm sitting this one out for now. I'll marathon it once it ends. Or download the whole thing and then watch at my own pace. Not really in the mood for keeping up with a lot of on-going stuff anyway. The only series that legitimately excites me anymore these days is Haikyuu S2. Rest I'm enjoying but...not really excited for. :(
    Yeah, the first episode is intentionally totally out in left field, definitely a hook that contrasts with the rest of the show. That's actually why I recommended episode one specifically; I knew that that one alone would at least spark some enjoyment even if the others didn't.

With this in mind, I'm on episode three and I have to say that the comedy's the same from start to...where I am. It's often ruthless and self-deprecating (intentionally), often poking fun at popular culture and Osomatsu's place in 2015 (not just as an anime, but in terms of how the viewpoints, gags, and idealisms that it existed with in the 60s don't/persist now). It's some of the most fun I've had with a comedy in a few seasons (disregarding Gintama, of course) and I at least recommend checking it out.

But yeah, I don't know if "tame" is the right word. Osomatsu has no chill, and part of episode 3 was cut from broadcast as well. Because Osomatsu doesn't give a ****, just like Gintama-kousempai. It doesn't go to where episode one does, but...I'll just keep things vague and say the comedy's the same.

derozio

Years
  • Welp, I guess I know what I'm picking up to watch next as soon as I'm finished with Black Lagoon (first half almost done!). Thanks for the recommendation and clarification, macho. :3

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I'll see where episode three goes, then!

Offtopic - also holy **** the kisses in fate kaleid are insane. I saw a clip on youtube today and they look absolutely hentai-grade XD; Even better, in fact. Makes me want to watch the show :B
    I've seen the clips and webms as well. Pretty bonks.
    I started reading the manga a while ago. Should catch up with it so I can go watch the show. The anime definitely intensifies the kisses, judging from what I've read and seen so far and been able to compare.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back