• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Seriously , VOLCANION!!!
    That's the big scoop , Why the hell Game-freak haven't announcing the 3rd version while revealing the version mascot ?
    because most nintendo has other series to worry about right now
    th_N3DS_HyruleWarriorsLegends_illustration_01.jpg

2790577-mlpj.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

and cloud isn't even the biggest storm brewing at this point.

VlafPAeysgOmUxb-800x450-noPad.jpg

i don't know what nintedo was thinking, they normally treat the metroid series with more care then this.
    hell, they normally treat metroid with more care then they treat pokemon.
    honestly i hope nintendo & gamefreak do spend more time then normal working on the next main series pokemon game. the more time put into it, the better and bigger they can make it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Uh, Nintendo is merely the publisher of Pokemon, it's GF that develops it, though Nintendo does market it, so maybe they're deciding on when is the best time. Also, Both Nintendo and GF likely want to milk OrAs and XY some more.
    because most nintendo has other series to worry about right now
    th_N3DS_HyruleWarriorsLegends_illustration_01.jpg

2790577-mlpj.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

and cloud isn't even the biggest storm brewing at this point.

VlafPAeysgOmUxb-800x450-noPad.jpg

i don't know what nintedo was thinking, they normally treat the metroid series with more care then this.
    hell, they normally treat metroid with more care then they treat pokemon.
    honestly i hope nintendo & gamefreak do spend more time then normal working on the next main series pokemon game. the more time put into it, the better and bigger they can make it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    This is a little off-topic, but I honestly haven't heard of Federation Force until now, haha. It doesn't seem that they're going to be releasing the game for Wii U, though, which sucks.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • This isn't the first time they do this. Giratina-Origin was revealed three months before Platinum was revealed.

Hmm... right now as it stands, we're at 3 months since Zygarde Formes were officially revealed back in September. If somebody can refresh my memory, when was BW2 revealed after Black and White Kyurem's Formes revealed? Wasn't it about the same or a little shorter time?

With that said, we may or may not get an "out-of-the-blue" game reveal sometime for the remainder of this month. Remember guys, game reveals are extremely rare in CoroCoro and typically happen through another source. It is extremely likely that this new game will get another worldwide release like X/Y and ORAS have(I don't really care about a week's difference that happened in Europe, they all still released in the same month as everybody else, no big deal), so it would not make sense to announce the game in a Japanese-exclusive form of media. The fact that Zygarde Formes were revealed on the English website within hours after CoroCoro in spite of anime air dates is a huge indicator of a worldwide release.

If not sometime this month, then I think January or February are the next likely candidates for a reveal. Those two months have been huge for new game reveals in the past.

Years
  • Hmm... right now as it stands, we're at 3 months since Zygarde Formes were officially revealed back in September. If somebody can refresh my memory, when was BW2 revealed after Black and White Kyurem's Formes revealed? Wasn't it about the same or a little shorter time?

With that said, we may or may not get an "out-of-the-blue" game reveal sometime for the remainder of this month. Remember guys, game reveals are extremely rare in CoroCoro and typically happen through another source. It is extremely likely that this new game will get another worldwide release like X/Y and ORAS have(I don't really care about a week's difference that happened in Europe, they all still released in the same month as everybody else, no big deal), so it would not make sense to announce the game in a Japanese-exclusive form of media. The fact that Zygarde Formes were revealed on the English website within hours after CoroCoro in spite of anime air dates is a huge indicator of a worldwide release.

If not sometime this month, then I think January or February are the next likely candidates for a reveal. Those two months have been huge for new game reveals in the past.
    I think that Reshiram, Zekrom, and the Kyurem formes were treated the same way (being announced like 1-2 days before corocoro's official release irc) despite none of the Gen V games being released WW. So, don't assume, especially with OrAs having a quasi-WW release (even fan sites don't consider it one, unlike XY) in the major regions Pokémon is sold in.

Also, yeah B2W2 were announced at the same time in Pokemon Sunday or was it Pokemon Smash (?)

Years
  • This Thursday World Premiere of XY & Z movie trailer.
    Already? Wonder if we'll get a movie poster there, as Corocoro didn't have an initial poster unlike the other movies. Unless, if there are spoilers like new Megas for some of the characters. But, they could always add those in like with the legends that get new formes like Mewtwo Y was for the Genesect movie.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I mean, the trailer is going to be revealed during Oha Suta, and from the past, we know that Oha Suta likes to reveal new stuff. While I don't get my hopes up (as Oha Suta never revealed a new Pokemon game), they could still reveal something else.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Ok... now I'm definitely convinced that a game reveal can't be too far away now. How long after the 1st movie trailer do we typically get an announcement? Things seem to be moving pretty quickly as far as the movie and Volcanion is concerned.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Something seems off about those gaps...are those the international gaps? As the Japanese gaps are shorter. According to Joe the Gen V pairs were 17 months apart, not 21. Though, now that I think about it he might've been the one using the international dates since Japan had a no game year unlike us in the West.

These are the gaps of the japanese release dates. I may have confused them , but I am sure these are the gaps of the japanese release dates and I am to lazy to recheck them.

Edit: It seems the only one that was wrong was the gap between Gold/silver and crystal which is 13 months.
    I used http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_games_by_release_date to for the original release dates.

Years
  • Ok... now I'm definitely convinced that a game reveal can't be too far away now. How long after the 1st movie trailer do we typically get an announcement? Things seem to be moving pretty quickly as far as the movie and Volcanion is concerned.
    I'm starting to look into it, so far I've found Giratina and Shaymin's film info. Technically Wikipedia considers the teaser at the end of the Rise of Darkrai as the first trailer, but the next one (which is where we will be with Thursday's trailer for Zygarde and Volcanion's film) was shown at the end of 2007, much like this upcoming trailer. Meanwhile Platinum was revealed in May...so we might still be 5 months away...so it can still be far off...

Edit: Alright so Kyurem and the Sword Quad's movie was similar too, in that the movie's release date and tentative title were revealed in the January issue of Corocoro (which is released in December like our most recent issue), and Trailer in the same show at the end of the year. Only difference is that Kyurem's formes and Keldeo were revealed later than Zygarde forme's and Volcanion have. Now this should give some hope, on the same month Keldeo was unveiled in Corocoro (March issue) B2W2 were announced (February 26th) in Pokémon Smash.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Well isn't that interesting... the first two posters for the movie have shown up on Serebii, and guess who's on one of them? Zygarde Core. But is it the one that they encounter in the anime? I wonder if the movie may actually tie in with the Team Flare arc in the anime, that would be really interesting.

Years
  • Well isn't that interesting... the first two posters for the movie have shown up on Serebii, and guess who's on one of them? Zygarde Core. But is it the one that they encounter in the anime? I wonder if the movie may actually tie in with the Team Flare arc in the anime, that would be really interesting.
    I think it might, even though others find the idea to be a bad one (I mentioned it before in other threads). I think it'll be a great change in the formula.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    i just though of something, namely stadium/colosseum/battle rev
    going by japanese release dates, we've always seen at least 1 of these games that let you use your gb/ds game team on a tv to battle with each new nintendo console before the last game of the gen was released.
    on the 64 we had stadium before yellow with the transfer pack
    on the gamecube we had colosseum before emerald with the gc-gba link cable
    on the wii we had battle revolution before platinum with the built in wireless of both the wii & nds
    odds are we're gonna get one of this type of game for the wii u via use of wii u & n2/3ds wireless before the last main series 6th gen game(s). its one of those patterns that have not been broken like how SSBs has gotten 1 game per each console(and 3ds, but a lot of console games seem to be being ported to it) since 64
    ok, now pass me a tin foil hat

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • i just though of something, namely stadium/colosseum/battle rev
    going by japanese release dates, we've always seen at least 1 of these games that let you use your gb/ds game team on a tv to battle with each new nintendo console before the last game of the gen was released.
    on the 64 we had stadium before yellow with the transfer pack
    on the gamecube we had colosseum before emerald with the gc-gba link cable
    on the wii we had battle revolution before platinum with the built in wireless of both the wii & nds
    odds are we're gonna get one of this type of game for the wii u via use of wii u & n2/3ds wireless before the last main series 6th gen game(s). its one of those patterns that have not been broken like how SSBs has gotten 1 game per each console(and 3ds, but a lot of console games seem to be being ported to it) since 64
    ok, now pass me a tin foil hat

Actually, they did break that pattern with Gen 5. Gen 5 didn't get a home console game that was compatible with B/W/BW2.

I'm still betting on a January/February reveal for "Z" or whatever it is we get. With the fast-paced news of Volcanion and its movie, the marketing strategy has gotten even weirder if we thought it was already. Something tells me the next game is going to be different than what the fans are expecting. I think once that announcement is made, I'm gonna need a pair of Depends.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Actually, they did break that pattern with Gen 5. Gen 5 didn't get a home console game that was compatible with B/W/BW2.

They've broken all sorts of pattern with these games, actually; not just that. From how things seem at the moment, though, I feel they'll consider ignoring this and go back to their traditional ways.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back