• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Right now, I'm not too worried about appearance like I used to be. Appearance ALWAYS comes second as I have learned so stuff like people won't go in, until I'm done mapping. Which that's what I'm doing now.. just mapping towns and stuff. Yes, Route 1 was removed a long time ago. I'm going to redo it. I'll probably first post an update this weekend.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
Barry i never saw a project even nearer to yours . really really anyone cant ever wait for the demo to be released. best of luck for youe best game.

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years
this is amazing, unbelievable dude keep ti up i cant wait to see the screenies (only seen pallent) it rocks dude keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
Barry how much did you complete your great project can you please update . will you release demo i m not pressurising you just wanted to know the great game to be released by great person on which day .thnx

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Sorry guys XD I'm slow at stuff. But I'm got my wonderful spriter Kyledove there for me =D He's the man.. and.. right now in Spain XD I don't want to say just what I've got done but I have done plenty. I'm actually waiting for the final PokePC before releasing ANY playing because it seems to be a promising engine.

I know I said the weekend and stuff.. like three weeks ago or something XD Then eh, also, due to the idea of Kyle, I plan to make the towns a much more realistic size. Ok, have to go now.

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
That's what alot of people thought about PO before it became frigteningly inactive then eventually shut down.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
There are plenty of differences. It's a little difficult for an Online engine to be made without a team working everyday together in a company getting paid so they are willing to work and finish it by a certain date.

Of course the PokePC team isn't an official company, nor do they get paid but it's a game engine much like what RM2K3 can do but meant for Pokemon, whereas Pokemon Online was.. well.. Online which would be harder to develop.

Also.. keep in mind that future gaming seems to be pointing at online play. The idea isn't out for all Pokemon Games. My bets are on within a few more Pokemon RPGs, you'll be playing in a region with real people with different servers to access from your gameboy where you'll have around 1000 people to play with.

If you mean the PokePC, lol, I trust that it will get done. It will just take a while. The guy has been going for around two years now. If nothing else, he'll release something that I might be able to use.

The video will be made in RM2K3. I just need permission to use some stuff and I'll be set for that. Then as far as the game.. as I said.. PokePC ;)

I'll have the REAL Pallet Town here soon. Hehe. I'll see what I can do... right now I have all the sprites, just mapping a realistic size of the town, compared to the charset, then also using the buildings from various screenshots of Pallet Town from the Pokemon series. That's generally how mapping of the whole region will take place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back