• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Barry said:
    I use RMXP.

Here is Pallet Town again. But even more detailed. Kyledove made the Lab and Windmill. He also made some other maps edits.

Now before you freak out saying there isn't a river in Pallet... there is. In the first episode, it show a river with a bridge across. The river leads to the sea. I wanted that river in there for a reason. It has to do with the first Episode of Pokemon. Anyway, I think after I do the movie up to Episode 82, I'll turn it into a game so that all of the graphics and stuff will go to more use than just a movie. The movie will I guess show it all off. Ignore the water still because it isn't quite right. It's getting there though.

NewPalletTown.png
    Yeah my bad.. I forgot all about that river.. It looks way kool now :)

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    I'm a bit unsure about this next map. I will deffinately be changing it some in the future. Route 1! I added the stuff at the right because it shows where Misty is fishing. I had an indepth conversation about where to put this with Kyle. It's hard to fit the anime and the game together.

Route 1
    Both paths at the top are just a few tiles from Viridian City. However, the path to the right comes into the east side of Viridian so you can see that it's about to turn.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Everything's alright, but the waterfall seems off. Try replacing some of the water tiles.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Well the waterfall needs to be at the top of a cliff so just add one tile either side. everything else looks great..! As I said before i'm not into the show but this game will be pretty sweet.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Route 1
    has been updated. There is the picture. Click it. There will be even more updates on it tomorrow. In the mean time, i am going to post Viridian City later today. With a few edits. Nothing to major as of yet.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    jasonresno said:
    Hey Barry can you link me to your tilesets?
    jasonresno: It's just the chipset that rm2k3kid made. He posted it and some autotiles in the resource thread. That or the help and request thread. If it was in the help thread, it was without the last 3 pages or so. At least from when I got it. Though I made edits to it so don't expect everything to be the same.

Everyone: I will not distribute any graphics from the game in any form other than screenshots. Sorry. It's not really something for everyone to use. Though some people will want the graphics and stuff, this will make this game much more original because nobody else will have it. That's a good thing. :D

Edit: For comparision with this building I made. Now at the time, I hadn't seen all of this building so there is some differeces. Little ones. Ones that will be changed. However, keep in mind that the colors arn't the same for this image in the episode was from Oak's TV. Later in the episode, it shows a picture that I used that only showed 5 doors and part of the dome. I had no idea there were doors all around. Enjoy:
    pokeleague.png

bscap000.jpg

I really wish I'd had a screen of the entire thing so I could see that the top was bigger and all that. Though I thing I did great on the shape considering I was limited.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I think that the waterfall could still be improved. Make the waterfall start a few tiles lower and make the cliff that it's coming down from a little higher.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Sorry for not updating today. I've been Mapping a lot of the game though. Expect one giant map of everything I've mapped so far coming either tomorrow at this time or sometime on Thursday. Otherwise, I don't think I will update besides then. You can expect a lot of mapping in it though. And I'm not rushing this because the mapping is going well. So are the custom sprites.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    I've changed my mind again and have decided to only tell you what I've gotten completed so far so that when I release a demo, it will come as a surprise. I guess the current giant screens are just previews. I will give screens of the game, just not the giant maps. Maybe a few once in a while.

Maps Completed:
    -Pallet Town
    -Route 1
    -Viridian City
    -Route 2
    -Route 3
    -Route 5
    -Route 22

Also remember that I am coming up with all kinds of systems not in the official Pokemon so that this game will give you the real Pokemon experience.

Last edited:

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Well I'm not going to update for a while. This is deffinately not dead though! Trust me. I'm also going to turn this into a hack (the game, not the movie). So I'll update about the movie here and make a hack topic in the hacking place eventually, after I make enough progress. I'm working my butt off though for it so don't think it's dead :)

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    jasonresno said:
    Alright just glad its still alive

(btw nice sprites)
    Indeed.. very still alive =P and when I said I wouldn't update for a 'while', I meant a LONG while. lol.. I actually kind of forgot about this and stumbled apon the thread and decided it's time to start it up. I've got friends who can sprite for me, I can do my part of coding and can use this as a chance to improve sprites.

It's a waste to start a new thread and as the owner of it, I believe I can revive it. Ok, consider this back online. I'll do my best to get you some screens soon! =D

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • well, seems like an intresting game, so it's following the series huh?
    My game is a bit the same, but you control Jesse and James and their efforts through the anim?!:P
    Keep up the good work!

Silon

Amber for Ever!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    Route 1 image is gone... D:

And the game looks great! Add some towns people walking around and stuff. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back