• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Day/Night System by AndryAndrew & HackLars - Version 1.1.0 released!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Yes, a tut... Mah, The only reason i didn't make a tut is that the ASM concept is very big... The only tut i've read in my life was for 8086 asm (not arm), and it was fifty pages long. I haven't so much time... And i'm not very well teaching...
But I think the only way to learn asm is trying, trying, trying, knocking the head against the wall... I spent about ten months to learn asm (and i know only THUMB and intel).
It's not easy, it's not rapid.
When you will able to make a routine similar our ones, maybe i will accept your insults.
And, what you mean with "you know just this bit?" ASM is a programming language, to make our routine we used all the instructions commonly used... The way the routine work depends by the ability of the programmer, only a bit by his knowing.

P.S. I'm not rude... You all started to diminish our work, i have to defend my position

I dunno, HackMew managed to make a nice little tutorial, that was easy to understand and comprehend, and I understood it, and I know that little bit of ASM now. YOU make it sound more complicated than it actually is, because when you get past the fact the whenever people try it, they fail, that it is not so difficult. I just like to have some guidelines to help me understand the basics of ASM, and then from then on I'll find my own way, and yet nobody seems to understand that writing a tutorial for ASM would not be so scary and hard, if you took it from a BIG subject, and split it up, into little parts...

And I never said I didn't like the tool, I was just pointing out some bugs, and defending M_X's tool, since personally, I think his is better at this point. You need to remove that silly "limiter" on the times are allowed to be, because the damn program will not let me set my own times for Morning, Day, Evening, and Night. And whenever I try to change some things, I get errors, and the program shuts down. It is not fit for public release in my eyes, you need to fix the problems.

Omega Arsenal, you have written a stupid message...Why do you want make a DaN System with a script when you can use my DaN System or Mx's DaN System?

I wasn't talking about R/S/E I am talking about FR/LG
I know how to make timed events, that only happen at a certain time, and everything, I have emulated a working clock for the game, (By working clock, I mean I can check what time it is in the game in a script, there is no actual VISUAL clock... but my clock does count the hours of the day, in both 24hour format, and 12 hour format, AND counts minutes, and seconds.) and time based events work flawlessly.
I simply need to incorporate the pallet changing. That will be the LARGES script ever written in RON hacking History I would imagine.... Probably a few scripts actually, but a total of over 9000 bytes. (Literally)
Now... unless you would like to incorporate my (Amazingly SIMPLE) clock with your tool to allow DaN in FR.... then I suggest you stop insulting me, calling my posts stupid, and overall making yourself look like an ass. Like I said, LEARN2PEOPLESKILLS

If you want make your DaN System with your script, you must open YOUR THREAD, you can't write it in this thread :D
So, you can't say that AndryAndrew is a n00b...YOU CAN'T

I was planning on it when I write it. Unless, like I stated above, you would like to work together on this... I don't know how nobody ever made the clock... And yeah, I can, I was calling him a n00b in terms of PEOPLE SKILLS, which you also need to learn to do. I at least TRY to be nice to people, but you seem to have a knack at making me mad.
Consider my proposal, the clock is easy... but can you make it run constantly? (I.E. Mid level pallet changes, and clock counting...)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2010
With Asm you can do everything in the HackRom, we will make the clock for FireRed like the Ruby's one.
You MUSTN'T SAY THAT THING (i look like an ass?, AndryAndrew is a n00b..)
When you'll post your topic with your WORKING DaN?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
With Asm you can do everything in the HackRom, we will make the clock for FireRed like the Ruby's one.

I have not even started writing the script!
I don't think I will now that I have thought of this special new way to do it.
XD
But what ever, if you don't want to work with me, then fine, I found a working way to make a clock in the game, if you don't want to help out with making the graphics and the clock an actual visual, then fine.
I found a way to make a working clock in the game, that can be used as a placeholder until you or M_X find a way to create a whole new one.
If you don't work with me, then I'll see if M_X would want to know my idea...
(And once again, I said he was a n00b with people skills, as are you, the fact that you are constantly trying to say I can't make this work, does make you look like an ass, regardless of what you may think.)

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Instead of talking about it how about you actually do it.

xyzmetal

The Metal Generation
Years
Does anyone have a toturial for this?!?! I have a translator, but like even with that I cant figure out how to apply the day/night effects to my ruby rom. i know wheret he save is, but like when i save something, what do i have to name the configuration notepad thingy and like where does it go????? heeellpppppppp!!!!

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
@Omega:
I definitely misunderstood you... Sorry, I'm not very good in English. So, you really found a way to use the clock in FRLG? I'm very interested, really... It's about a month i'm trying to read RTC and I haven't success in it... And I had understood that you haven't knowing in ASM... I mean that ASM is difficult for people who start from 0, and that despite a person know ASM, writing routines is different... I know C, but i can't write an operating system, can I?

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
@Omega:
I definitely misunderstood you... Sorry, I'm not very good in English. So, you really found a way to use the clock in FRLG? I'm very interested, really... It's about a month i'm trying to read RTC and I haven't success in it... And I had understood that you haven't knowing in ASM... I mean that ASM is difficult for people who start from 0, and that despite a person know ASM, writing routines is different... I know C, but i can't write an operating system, can I?

Don't insult me if I may seem a bit mean, but I think the whole, reading the RTC, is a bad idea... If you can end up doing it eventually, then great! But me, I had another idea you know... I already told M_X, and a few other people around PC. Now, I have to ask, why do you want my idea so soon... your tool has errors in it still, when you have perfected... or I should say, when you have fixed most of the bugs in your program, THEN you should ask... You should finish one part of it, before you work on a second part...

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Don't insult me if I may seem a bit mean, but I think the whole, reading the RTC, is a bad idea... If you can end up doing it eventually, then great! But me, I had another idea you know... I already told M_X, and a few other people around PC. Now, I have to ask, why do you want my idea so soon... your tool has errors in it still, when you have perfected... or I should say, when you have fixed most of the bugs in your program, THEN you should ask... You should finish one part of it, before you work on a second part...
Oh, it's only because i planned to expand the tool at FRLG before fixing bugs... But it's only curiosity... Because I thought about this a long time and i have no other ideas except RTC reading... Do you think it is better fixing bugs before proceeding?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Oh, it's only because i planned to expand the tool at FRLG before fixing bugs... But it's only curiosity... Because I thought about this a long time and i have no other ideas except RTC reading... Do you think it is better fixing bugs before proceeding?

Yes, it is much more important to take care of bugs BEFORE expanding the functionality of the tool.
Take it like this... would you rather have a tool that works great, or would you rather have a tool that is kinda buggy, and might work on some more stuff than the other version... Fix the bugs, that way, when you DO expand the tool, you will have less possible bugs to worry about.

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2010
We are tryn' to fix all the bug

Ok, now the routine work on:
Pokemon Ruby USA AXVE
Pokemon Rubis FRA AXVF
Pokemon Rubino ITA AXVI
Pokemon Rubin GER AXVD
Pokemon Rubi SPA AXVS
Pokemon Sapphire USA AXPE
Pokemon Saphir FRA AXPF
Pokemon Zaffiro ITA AXPI problem
Pokemon Saphir GER AXPD
Pokemon Zafiro SPA AXPS

I've translated the tool in this language:
Italian --> Me
French --> Jirachi260
English --> Jirachi260
German --> dark01
Spanish --> Sam

We are work to fix the bug of the routine, then we'll release the next version of the tool (1.1.0)

We have fix all the little bug (like grass and sand animation), now we are work to apply the new routine to all the ruby/sapphire version. Then we'll work on emerald.
In 3-4 days we'll post the version 1.1.0

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back