• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

People's Standards are too high!

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I agree with what everyone has said on here; you'll find better luck if you put up Pokémon to trade yourself. In this way, I was able to trade Dialga for Ho-Oh (before ORAS came out) and even a Reshiram for Xerneas. As long as you ask for reasonable deals, you should get a trade within a day maximum. P.S. Don't ever trust someone when they say a Pokémon has xxx IVs or Ability. Try to find reputable traders on forums instead.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
Non-Legend for Non-Legend

Shiny for Shiny

Legend for Legend

That's how I trade.

Note: That they lie on GTS as well. The message may say 6iv or HA/EM but really its just a plane one.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
i see alot of people put in Pokemon and want Pokemon that can not be traded on GTS! Which is really Stupid on their Part.

Sometime I can find a reasonable trade but sometimes I am like Seriously you want Moltres for that Pidgey .... Wow how lame can that person be!!!

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
I agree, and I think it goes beyond the GTS as well. Often I see people asking for ridiculous trades, or the medium has a competitive Pokemon-only atmosphere. It's almost discouraging to see rows and rows of threads with titles such as "6IV Buffed Out HA 4 Egg Move Blastoise for 35 shinies!" (Exaggerated)

I don't see that here, but I see it around enough to where I simply just abstain from trading with other people. Maybe it'll change in the future, but I think online communities have greatly distorted my vision of a fair trade.

Getting back to the main topic, I think people put impossible trades on the GTS as a way of showing off.

Tamashi_Seishiro

Badoop Badoop Banana Bus!
Years
Well some people are totally desperate, they think anyone would buy that random Zubat! They aren't even removing it because they think someone is really kind enough to offer them a rare Mew for an ugly, cheap, just caught Zubat.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
I agree, and I think it goes beyond the GTS as well. Often I see people asking for ridiculous trades, or the medium has a competitive Pokemon-only atmosphere. It's almost discouraging to see rows and rows of threads with titles such as "6IV Buffed Out HA 4 Egg Move Blastoise for 35 shinies!" (Exaggerated)

Actually I seen it on here a week ago somebody that Wanted a few certain pokemon but wanted them Exactly with 6 Ivs each and have a certain trait, and then refused peoples offers.

I see a few that actually get on my Nerves in the Quick trade thread. I am like be more realistic and your offer could be actually met.

Years
Definitely stick to putting your own pokes in the gts for a good trade. I once traded a zapdos for a ditto on a whim. :/ I've actually had some really good trades in the online community.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 18, 2017
I think a major problem is how we see the GTS. There are two pages of people asking for Arceus offering Geodudes because obviously no one takes those deals, but also I don't think the people who ask for those pokemon ever take those offers down. I think they make those offers on the game they aren't playing with, their old X or Y game they don't touch now that ORAS is out, just to troll, or thinking if you give it enough time, someone is going to trade them.

Meanwhile reasonable trades go by much quicker, usually when I put up a pokemon on GTS, it's traded in ten minutes. You don't see the many reasonable trades being put up on GTS because they are gone by the time you get their, you just see the ten month old "Zubat for 6IV Arceus" trade that no one is taking, and the owner is never gonna take down, if they are even aware it's still up there. I do believe the vast majority of people who use GTS are reasonable and that 99.5% of the trades on GTS are fair, but the system is set up so that you will always see that .5% of BS.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
The GTS has been like that since Diamond and Pearl first came out, honestly. Although it is much worse now than it was then, but that's how it is. I only ever use the GTS to drop a Pokémon off and wait to get what I want, since I very rarely find what I'm looking for through searching. I do like that they added more filtered searching now, so you can find people looking for Pokémon that you do currently have.

Years
I got a level 90 attack form deoxys for a level 90 sylveon, and I have a shiny level 100 sylveon in my other game.

I also got a level 100 aggron for I forget what, and a level 50 or so aggron for a level 1 female purrloin.

I've had so many great trades I can't even name them, like a heatran for a zapdos, and a coballion for I forget what.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 16, 2016
You people don't get it ... These people are not desperate. Most people power save and give away legendary pokemon for starters etc.
It ruins the GTS for sure. Way too many hacked Pokemon aswell. It's best to stay away from such trades.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I think instead of searching a pokemon you want, there should be 2 filters.
You put up a pokemon you have, and then search for a pokemon.
If someone is giving away the pokemon you want, and wants the pokemon you put up, you cana see all those offers.

OR, it could only show offers for pokemon you have.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
I'd rather push luck in wonder trades tbh, however since I started building my dex up iv resorted to gts.I'll throw out some shinies I don't frequently use and I'll usually get a response. Currently have a shiny snorlax sitting in there for an ampharos if anyone is interested ;). But it gets old quick looking through what i DON'T have just to see a whole bunch of Genesect requests..honestly believe that a filter of some sort should be placed in sun/moon.

Years
I recently looked at the GTS in Pokémon Y version and I swear, everybody offering Diancie wanted Meleotta in return. Not unreasonable, but I'm talking upwards 50-60 trades here with different people. Crazy so many people want the same Pokémon. . . then there are always the lvl 3 Bidoofs that languish away in their stale GTS prisons because their heartless owner wants a lvl 100 Jirachi in return.

Years
This is a problem that the GTS has had since it was introduced in Diamond/Pearl. I've kind of accepted that it's never going to be fixed, though it's nice that they gave the option to weed out the unfair requests and look for trades you can make with the pokemon you already have (though it rarely makes a difference. Most people on the GTS ask for legendaries and/or Pokemon that can't be obtained without a cheating device).

Mesty

The Joker
Years
I never get to utilize the GTS because of this reason. Maybe I will start putting things up and asking for what I want in return.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
I really wish we could ask for the precise pokémon we want. Like even nature, abillity, shiny, moves and hold item. Maybe going as far as stats. But the gts is made for simple trades to help you complete your pokedex.

The thing I hate most is that if want a competetive trade evolutions that I breeded myself, I need someone I can trust that will trade me back my own pokémon or own 2 consoles and 2 copy's of the game. I think trade evolutions should be a one time requirement to unlock the evolution.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jan 9, 2017
One reason to do that kind of crappy trades (offer a zubat and ask for a legendary) if you have 2 copies of the game but only one 3DS, so you can offer a crappy Pokemon in your objective cartride and then go to the GTS with your legendary and look for a zubat and change it for your legendary. So you can trade between cartridges with one console only.

Back