• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It rained here so hard last night that my family was driving home and we had to pull over because we couldn't see the lane dividers or the road in front of us. And there were multiple lightning strikes a second. It was insane.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I was about to ask why the fireworks, forgot America existed for a brief moment in time, ah.

I shall just pretend the US is celebrating my birthday a week in advance ;).

Wow I beleive you share your birthday with my sister than (July 11th).

I'm not really doing anything for the 4th...we usually never do. The 4th is suppose to be sunny here though, it's been raining here on and off this past half week.
    Speaking of weather I feel bad for those who live in the east who lost their power and have record heat...here in Oregon it's only in the 60's.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm flying on holiday on the 4th of July. Nothing particularly special about the day over here; just hope it doesn't rain! :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    We never really do anything for the 4th either. We may sometimes pop fireworks and whatnot, but other than just a few small things, it isn't too fancy. We may grill, but it's usually too hot for all that. :c

Is it someone's birthday? Or am I reading it wrong? :c

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I won't be seeing fireworks for the 4th since I'll be camping and surrounded by trees. However, I will be seeing fireworks the following weekend since they do firework shows in the city every weekend during the summer :)

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Oh that's right! The past few years I've wished my brother a Happy Canada Day on his birthday :P

Work gave me the summer off :D since my commute to work would be longer than my shift.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • All its been doing is raining! And its cold like 15 degrees, I dont know what you are talking about its fairly cold.

Wooo 4th of July! Means nothing to me :P

You do realize, CWP, that I live in America, where the current temperature is SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION, and there hasn't been any rain in TN for four weeks. brb moving to australia

And come on, don't you love fireworks? THEY'RE AMAZING WORKS OF ART IN THE SKYYYYY.

Jelli, I think SwiftSign's b-day is on the 11th? I think that's what they're talking about.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Sakura, at least you can't fry eggs on pipes like they do in the Amazon. :\

And fireworks are baddddd for the sky.
    Our fireworks are tonight, go Canada, but idk if I'll be able to go. I have no way to get there or back, that's providing it's dark enough to go and the weather is good.
    Wait, why fireworks? I thought Canada Day was in October or something...oh well

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The sky is not a living thing. Things can't be bad for the sky.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    That's not back for the sky, that's bad for us and/or trees. The sky is not alive so nothing can be bad or good for it, because nothing kills it, lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yes. The sky isn't alive. The air isn't alive. It has never been and never will be. That's the point I'm making. Things are bad for things because it contributes to killing them, things that can't happen if it's not alive.

Years
  • Instead of debating about semantics, let's just say that pollution in general is bad for Human or organisms health and therefore should be cleaned up or mitigated in order to keep our overall health at better shape. :)

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • Whoaaaa what did I start. sorry you guys should've kept my mouth shut ;;

Um. I love fireworks, yes, but I would like the sky to stay a nice pretty blue and not like turn red and fall down. and also I am so against any form of pollution. CONFLICT

And also yes, big cities smell funny. And there's smog and haze and ick-ness everywhere. I'm so glad I live in a small town X3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Spend your time/focus fighting cars and stuff like that. Fireworks barely happen ever and really don't contribute a significant amount to the smog you see in cities, lol.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I live in the country, so idk what big cities smell like. :x
    All I know is that my street will smell like gunpowder due to all the fireworks in just a few days. I love that smell. <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back