• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 719 Challenge

Years
  • Finished my game (sry the pictures are a bit big)
    Spoiler:

The Team:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I am a bit busy lately, will transfer my game to my tablet so i can play it even when away

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    Update Time!
    Spent time grinding Seel to Level 19 to defeat Brock using only Headbutt (15 uses) and Struggle.
    Went through Mount Moon.
    Taught Seel Water Gun via the TM
    Defeated Rival (Seel is a little overleveled right now)
    Defeated Misty-Only used Headbutt
    On my way to Vermillion and my next party member, Drowzee!

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
    Years
  • If it's alright, I can do the Challenge for you!

Username: GucciMeme
    Game: Red
    Gengar, Electrode, Exeggutor, Marowak, Hitmonlee and Lickitung.

This is a formidable team!

Thanks for taking over (:
    If I can get the emulator working again, I'll definately do the challenge (:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Played all throughout this morning/afternoon and I finished another 719 with Red!

Spoiler:

SCREENSHOT OF SQUAD
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Played all throughout this morning/afternoon and I finished another 719 with Red!

Spoiler:

SCREENSHOT OF SQUAD
    Spoiler:

where do you get the time for all your challenges lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Okay... I'll take one on.

Assuming ThePokemonGuardian did indeed skip Tangela:

User: Arlo
    Game: Fire Red
    Team: Tangela, Seaking, Mr. Mime, Scyther, Jynx, Electabuzz

I skipped Starmie (mostly unwillingly) because there are a bunch of version exclusives here and that was the only way to get it to work out.

Since Tangela doesn't show up until the end of Route 21, but that end happens to be right next to Pallet Town, I'm going to hack it in as a starter, and at level 7, so it actually has an attack, then I'm planning on catching/trading for the others in-game.

Years
  • I start now my second journey of the 719 Challenge
    Name: Matzeho
    Game: Fire Red Omega
    Pokemon: Magmar, Starmie, Pinsir, Gyarados, Lapras, Ditto
    Skipped: Tauros

Oh and good luck to the next player, you can use the 3 Eeveelutions

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Quick "update" - I was working off of the wrong gen's moveset - Tangela doesn't get Vine Whip at lvl 7 in gen III, so I'm going to hack it in at level 6, the same as the Venusaur I picked, and just see if it can survive with nothing other than Constrict for an attack.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • If I have the opportunity to use Tauros and the three Eeveelutions, I'll be back back for more!!!

Name: GucciMeme
    Game: Red
    Team: Tauros, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Porygon, Kabutops
    Skipped: Omanyte

The player that signs up after me is going to have an absolute squad, but I want to roll with the Eeveelutions.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    First...

I actually sorted out the other day what the next team would have to be, and decided I wasn't much interested in using it, particularly when I saw the teams that were going to be available after that one. But after a couple days of no activity at all on this thread, I figured it was safe to assume that nobody else was interested in taking that team either, and I figured what the hell and took it anyway.

So it's sort of amusing to me how quickly the next two teams were claimed.

On to a bit of an update:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    ill do this challenge.
    name: eeveeandmew
    game: Leaf Green
    Pokemon: Omastar, Aerodactyl, articuno, zapdos, moltres, draganite. (skip snorlax)

This will be great! I can hack in dratini as starter.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Update:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Update:
    very little to update on. ;-;

Spoiler:

Thats where im at. Wrap does like NO damage!

update:

Spoiler:

Ill have to hack in my moltres early, as it is only accessible after the "end" of the game. Can i hack it in when i get fly?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Update:
    very little to update on. ;-;

Spoiler:

Thats where im at. Wrap does like NO damage!

update:

Spoiler:

Ill have to hack in my moltres early, as it is only accessible after the "end" of the game. Can i hack it in when i get fly?

Sure, you all can hack your Pokemon in wherever you want

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Sure, you all can hack your Pokemon in wherever you want
    And a word of advice to anyone happening by - this is almost certainly what you should do if you're working with a team of late game pokemon. All too much of my game was essentially a solo run with a Tangela, which consisted almost entirely of low level frustration followed by high level boredom, as Tangela was first so obviously without any useful attacks that many battles would've just been suicide, then later so overleveled that she plowed through everything regardless. Neither one is fun. It would've been a lot more fun if I'd just hacked in my entire team at level 5 or whatever, and done it start to finish with them all.

That out of the way, an update:

Spoiler:

And it's done.

Spoiler:

And with that - how could I pass up the next one? The only problem is that I feel a bit guilty about using such an awesome team, though after my last team, it'll be a welcome relief.

User: Arlo
    Game: Soul Silver
    Team: Snorlax, Mewtwo, Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr (skipped Mew and I'm going to leave the last space open for Togetic for a Fly slave).

Last edited:
    Back