• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 719 Challenge

Years
    Congrats Arlo and have fun with your next journey

My progress:
    Spoiler:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
    Finished the last remaining Challenge for Gen 1!

Spoiler:

SCREENSHOT OF TEAM (excuse the nicknames)
    Spoiler:

Let me just say that I'm excited to go into Johto's Dex.

Username: GucciMeme
    Game: Silver
    Team: Mew (know Mew Glitch, can trade it back), Furret, Noctowl, Ariados, Crobat, Lanturn
    Skipped: Ledian (I can only stand so many Bugs)
    Not bad for the beginning of the Dex.

Last edited:
    Years
    I beaten Viridian Gym(Giovanni) so i will probably finish soon.

i'm not gonna type updates on my tablet because typing can get really frustrating at times

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Hello again! Sorry, but I have no progress, hope to get more done this weekend when my good computer gets fixed. While I'm waiting, I'll sign up for the next thing.

Username: Feraligatr13
    Game: Crystal
    Pokemon: Ledian, Raichu, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Togetic, Xatu

DEAR LORD SO MANY NORMALS

Years
    Hello again! Sorry, but I have no progress, hope to get more done this weekend when my good computer gets fixed. While I'm waiting, I'll sign up for the next thing.

Username: Feraligatr13
    Pokemon: Ledian, Raichu, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Togetic, Xatu

DEAR LORD SO MANY NORMALS

Oh I haven't seen this coming:
    Pichu, Cleffa,... are not fuly evolved in their generation, so their evolution do not count (f.e. Golbat is in Gen 1 fully evolved, Pichu can evolve in Gen 2, so it does not count for Gen 2)

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Oh I haven't seen this coming:
    Pichu, Cleffa,... are not fuly evolved in their generation, so their evolution do not count (f.e. Golbat is in Gen 1 fully evolved, Pichu can evolve in Gen 2, so it does not count for Gen 2)

So I have to use the babies!? Or do I not have to use them at all?

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    An update:

Spoiler:

Years
    I'll try this!

Username: BuizelBushwhacks
    Pokemons: (I'm assuming) Ampharos, Bellossom, Azumarill, Sudowoodo, Politoed, Aipom (skip Jumpluff)

Did I get it right? I'm still confused...

Last edited:
    Years
    So, because of some unclear rules (sorry...) I made the teams for Ferialgatr13 and BuizelBushhawks

Ferialgatr13: Ledian, Togetic, Xatu, Ampharos,Bellossom, Azumarill
    Buizel: Sudowoodo, Politoed, Jumpluff, Aipom, Sunflora, Yanma

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    Finished the last remaining Challenge for Gen 1!
    Umm you are wrong the last remaining challenge for gen 1 is with me and I am going to finish it but I keep getting swampt with projects and tests from school and that has priority over pokemon... so I guess I need to make an update. I not making walls of text anymore because I don't have the time so just screenies of boss/rival battles from now on. One question since I'm playing Heart Gold do I have to finish Kanto to?

Boss/Rival Battles:
    Spoiler:

Years
    Buizel yes you can skip 1

HeatedFennekin, yes you have to do Kanto too

I did not have time for my challenge the last days, I hope I can go on the next days

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
    FINISHED the first (if I'm not mistaken) Johto Dex 719 Challenge on Silver!
    Spoiler:

SCREENSHOT OF FINAL TEAM:
    Spoiler:

I was glad I didn't have to use ****mons for this Challenge, and that was why I finished pretty quickly. I love Gen 2 even more than Gen 1, and having finished that game many times since joining these Forums, I get it done.

I slept on Furret, having moves like Amnesia and Shadow Ball made it surprisingly useful. Ariados is great because of Night Shade, and Noctowl has decent bulk for such an easily accessible Pokemon. Mew needs no explanation, that movepool and those 100-100-100-100-100-100 base stats make it able to do anything and learn any move.

Crobat is the king of messing with other Pokemon, using annoying moves such as Bite, Toxic and Confuse Ray to kill you. If the AI had human emotion, it would hate seeing Crobat, just as I hate seeing it in UU and in the Battle Frontier.

Oh, and Lanturn. Staple of my Base-Stat-Total Challenge in HeartGold because of a great typing (any familiar with Rotom-W???) and good bulk/Sp. Attack.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Oog. You have to do Kanto too.

You know - no offense, but I REALLY hate challenges with arbitrary additional requirements on some gens. It just makes no sense at all that I play through eight gym leaders, the E4 and the Champion (or whoever's there at the end), then the credits roll and the game even ends up at a screen that says "The End," and... sometimes that's the end of the challenge and sometimes it's not.

Eh... whatever. I do vaguely remember reading that before I did my first challenge - I had just forgotten it by the time I picked up this one. So I guess this is just an update instead of completion.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'll give this a try, but based on the previous couple of posts, I'm a little confused about what my team should be/whether someone is using the previously mentioned team or not.

Back