• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 719 Challenge

Years
    The 719 Challenge
    Welcome to the 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge

Rules:
    1. In this challenge the first participant has to use the first six evolution lines in the National Pokedex.

The next challenger has to use the next six and so on. If you don't know which Pokemon are next to use, use this list: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_National_Pok%C3%A9dex_number
    2. You are allowed to use only 4 or 5 Pokemon too. Also you are allowed to skip 1 Pokemon.
    3. If you skip 1 Pokemon the next challenger HAS to use that Pokemon.
    4. You can decide the game you want to play, but keep in mind that if all of the Kanto Pokemon have been used that you can't play R/B/Y anymore and so on...
    5. Not Fully Evolved Pokemon like Golbat and Scyther in R/B/Y count as fully evolved in their generation.
    6. Pokemon with no evolutions like Farfetch'd and Lapras also count
    7. Shinys and HMs slaves are allowed. If you get a Shiny you can swap that Shiny Pokemon with a Pokemon from your team.
    You might need to hack your rom or trade with friends to get your pokemon, so trading and hacking is allowed.
    9. Megas are allowed
    10. Legendaries do count!

Let's see if we can use all 719 Pokemon :D

So for example:

Player 1:

The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge

The 719 Challenge
    #015 skipped #018
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge

Player 2:
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge

The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge

END POINT:
    Hall of Fame, except Red in G/S/C/HG/SS

Name: Matzeho
    Game: Fire Red
    Pokemon: Venusaur-Charizard-Blastoise-Butterfree-Pidgeot-Ratticate
    Skipped Pokemon: Beedrill

Champions:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Part 1 of my adventure:
    Spoiler:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
    Username: GucciMeme
    Game: Blue
    Pokemon: (subject to change) Clefable (#036), Ninetales (#038), Wigglytuff (#040), Golbat (#042), Vileplume (#045), Parasect (#047)

Nidoking, Clefable, Ninetales, Golbat, Vileplume, Parasect

Last edited:
    Years
    Username: GucciMeme
    Game: Blue
    Pokemon: (subject to change) Clefable (#036), Ninetales (#038), Wigglytuff (#040), Golbat (#042), Vileplume (#045), Parasect (#047)

I'll sub in Nidoking/Sandslash if the above player decides to skip or use Sandslash. All of the Pokemon can be found in Blue without hacking, and most are found before or at Mt. Moon.

Silly, I didn't submit a sign up. It's on you. I was just asking a question.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Username: Feraligatr13
    Game: Red
    Pokemon: Sandslash (#28), Nidoking (#34), Venomoth, Dugtrio, Persian, Golduck

If it's ok with Matzeho, I'll just take Sandslash and Nidoking since it's undecided. I'm not sure though, since he said you can skip only one Pokemon...

Years
    Ferialgatr13, Gucci Meme and Yoshi I'm a bit confused now so I have a idea if it is ok for you
    I made 3 teams and everyone of you decides for 1 team, is that ok? (the first here chooses first)
    Team 1:
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge

Team 2:
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge

Team 3:
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge
    The 719 Challenge

The next player starts with Arcanine

I hope you like my idea :D

Years
    I'll take Team 2 considering I've already started and got Oddish, Paras and Zubat.

Ok, team 2 is yours

Part 2 of my adventure:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    This look like it could be very interesting. Well if I understand it right the sprites of the Pokemon you just posted are the team's of someone else not the next person to sign up. So I'm going to give this a shot.
    Name: HeatedFennekin
    Game: HeartGold
    Pokemon: Arcanine, Poliwrath, Alakazam, Victreebel, Tentacool
    Skipped: Machamp
    Let me know if this team is correct before I make an update. First update should be tomorrow or Saturday. One more thinf how am I supposed to evolve Kadabra into Alakazam if I use a rom?

Last edited:
    Years
    This look like it could be very interesting. Well if I understand it right the sprites of the Pokemon you just posted are the team's of someone else not the next person to sign up. So I'm going to give this a shot.
    Name: HeatedFennekin
    Game: HeartGold
    Pokemon: Arcanine, Poliwrath, Alakazam, Victreebel, Tentacool
    Skipped: Machamp
    Let me know if this team is correct before I make an update. First update should be tomorrow or Saturday. One more thinf how am I supposed to evolve Kadabra into Alakazam if I use a rom?

This team is totally correct :D You can either hack Alakazam into the game if possible or you can use this randomizer program, where you can remove trade evolutions (i think there are more possibilities, but I only know these):
    https://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

Ferialgatr13 I'm happy that the team is ok for you :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    Username: HeroesAndCons
    Chosen game: Yellow
    Pokemon: Machamp, Golem, Rapidash, Slowbro, Magneton, Farfetch'd
    Skipped: none

I was gonna skip Farfetch'd, but it gets both Fly and Cut which is useful, especially since nothing else I could get learned Cut.

Years
    The next player should take the Team 1 I posted a while before, because Yoshi can't play

Part 3:
    Spoiler:

Years
    Name: ProjectL
    Game: Fire Red
    Pokemon: Beedril-Fearow-Arbok-Raichu-Sanslash-Nidoqueen

Which program should i use to hack them in? (aka which programs you guys used)

Years
    For GBA Roms I use Advance Map:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127348

(Just load your Rom, click a Route and change the Pokemon there)

Okay. I will post what happened for me when i beat a Gym Leader or other important stuff.

EDIT: Okay because this took forever because of certain difficulties (running out of Pokeballs and taking forever to find an Ekans with 40% encounter rate, i decided to update now)

Spoiler:

EDIT 2: Just went against Rival, his Pidgey got 6 crits in a row >_>

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    Well since my universal notebook charger finally came in the mail I can use my good laptop instead of my other one that crashes without any warning. Woot woot can finally post screen shots! Good thing I signed up when I did I get to use a party full of some of my all time favorite pokemon. Ummm I kinda made a mistake when posting before I meant to put Golem in with the rest of the team I got
    Update 1:
    Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back