• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Please have more than one save file!

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
Years
  • they wont do it . Nintendo wants your money, all of it lol. They want you to buy several copies of essentially the same game. Its called evil coporations :l

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    @Volroc

STOP. You DON'T know what you're taking about, and making yourself look like an idiot.

STOP comparing Zelda and Pokemon. They're both Nintendo branded, but Pokemon is made by Gamefreak, a second party developer...they don't adhere to the same standards.

WHY are you even bringing up Twilight Princess? Does it have an alternate version on the Wii? NO!

They're out to make money. Thus, they create two versions of the same game and later an updated third one. They also include exclusive Pokemon. Many fans buy all three. It's an amazing sales tactic that is working very well, they are not going to stop.

And no, Zelda games ABSOLUTELY DO NOT outsell Pokemon games. Stop making up facts. Pokemon is a franchise with every type of product imaginable, its sells are unprecedented. If each Zelda game had only one save file, it's sales would....nearly stay the same! They would not double, that's just stupid.

"o all you who think theyd lose sales over this idea, your wrong, every game i have seen with multiple save files has increased sales dramatically from its predecessors?

What the hell? No, you are wrong. You are very wrong and you look very ignorant and ridiculous right now. Pokemon is a very unique case, stop comparing it to games with multiple save files. They are purposely not putting on save files. The sales would take a MAJOR hit. Increase? LOL!

I have no clue why you are bringing up "laziness" as if that has anything to do with why they aren't including a second save file.

Memory isn't an issue, it all comes down to money. There is nothing wrong with that and I don't have an issue with buying two/three games. This is all REALLY obvious, it doesn't even have merit to be discussed.

So please stop being a fanboy and refrain from posting until you have any idea what you're talking about.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    @Volroc

STOP. You DON'T know what you're taking about, and making yourself look like an idiot.

STOP comparing Zelda and Pokemon. They're both Nintendo branded, but Pokemon is made by Gamefreak, a second party developer...they don't adhere to the same standards.

WHY are you even bringing up Twilight Princess? Does it have an alternate version on the Wii? NO!

They're out to make money. Thus, they create two versions of the same game and later an updated third one. They also include exclusive Pokemon. Many fans buy all three. It's an amazing sales tactic that is working very well, they are not going to stop.

And no, Zelda games ABSOLUTELY DO NOT outsell Pokemon games. Stop making up facts. Pokemon is a franchise with every type of product imaginable, its sells are unprecedented. If each Zelda game had only one save file, it's sales would....nearly stay the same! They would not double, that's just stupid.

"o all you who think theyd lose sales over this idea, your wrong, every game i have seen with multiple save files has increased sales dramatically from its predecessors?

What the hell? No, you are wrong. You are very wrong and you look very ignorant and ridiculous right now. Pokemon is a very unique case, stop comparing it to games with multiple save files. They are purposely not putting on save files. The sales would take a MAJOR hit. Increase? LOL!

I have no clue why you are bringing up "laziness" as if that has anything to do with why they aren't including a second save file.

Memory isn't an issue, it all comes down to money. There is nothing wrong with that and I don't have an issue with buying two/three games. This is all REALLY obvious, it doesn't even have merit to be discussed.

So please stop being a fanboy and refrain from posting until you have any idea what you're talking about.

isnt hannah montana supposed to nice and not a total *****?

(owned)

anyways its not "made up facts" go research it, its fact.
    before you open your big mouth& like like a know it all, you should back up your words.

(owned twice)

and hannah montana cant sing, has a voice deeper than mans, & cant act to save her life

(owned 3times)

shall i go for a 4th? no, ill be nice :P

i lready proved that nintendo only cares for the money, you proved it too, so stow it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    LOL at your "owned."

I'm named Hannah Montana ironically if you were too thick to tell. OWNED!!111!

Second I love you tell me to back up my words without stating a SINGLE fact.

Best Selling Zelda games:

Ocarina of Time- 7.6 million
    Twilight Princess- 6.2 million

Best Selling Pokemon games:

Red and Blue- 21 million
    Yellow- 9 million
    Gold and Silver- 15.2 million
    Ruby and Sapphire- 13 million
    Fire Red and Leaf Green- 12 million
    Emerald- 6.32 million
    Diamond and Pearl- 18 million
    Heart Gold and Soul Silver- 8.4 million
    Platinum- 7 million

Yeah, nice try. Zelda franchise doesn't earn a fraction of the money Pokemon does. I'm not even taking into account the spin-offs, card series, table top series, book series, anime and the plethora of other Pokemon merchandise.

Should I say it? MEGA OWNED!

Other than that...yeah; you made EVERYTHING up. And then you just didn't respond to the rest of my post talking about how irrelevant and stupid your comparisons were.

I win :).

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • isnt hannah montana supposed to nice and not a total *****?

(owned)

before you open your big mouth& like like a know it all, you should back up your words.

(owned twice)

and hannah montana cant sing, has a voice deeper than mans, & cant act to save her life

(owned 3times)

i lready proved that nintendo only cares for the money, you proved it too, so stow it.
    You couldn't own a slow child.

Also, nobody has proved that Nintendo only cares for money.
    Yes, they are a business, their primary function is to make money. This does not mean Game Freak (yes, a second-party dev) only care about money.
    They also likely care about the franchise they have created and raised, perhaps?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    What is it with a lot of people here seeming to assume that more than one save file means more than one version of Pokemon on the same cartridge? It does not! For example - on Pokemon Diamond, two save file would both be save files of Pokemon Diamond, and three save files would again all be Pokemon Diamond files. So even with multiple save files people would still have to buy Pokemon Pearl and Pokemon Crystal as well if they wanted all 3 versions of Generation 4 (IV)!

And - how are you going to trade between save files in the same cartridge anyway - unless they allow you too? Wouldn't you have to buy another cartridge, and trade to there and then trade back to do that? Or maybe with the Wifi capabilities is what you mean, because I have only ever played generations 1, 2 and 3.

And of course there is a good reason to have more than one save file - other than even sharing in a large family or for swapping Pokemon around. What if you play one file really far but then you think - "I could have done some things better or with a different strategy and I want to try starting out fresh - but Man I don't want to wipe out all that progress I just did!" then what do you do with just one save file? - you don't have as many options in that case!

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • most ds games unfortunately don't have this feature but maybe now that a new ds is coming out, 3ds maybe it'll be possible. it would be awesome

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Not likely, unfortunately. If you want more than one save, Nintendo expect you to buy more than one copy of the game.

I'm so cynical, aren't I?
    Sadly, I would have to agree with this from the get go. With two save files, Nintendo makes less money as people won't be have to purchase both (or all three games) for more save files. So, I doubt it would happen unless GameFreak and Nintendo are both sitting at high spots in the economy right now and feel comfortable to give it a shot.

I would love for them to do this though. How it would make things so much easier. *sighs*

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Just to add salt to the wounds, Volroc, Nintendo aren't the ones making Pokémon directly.

Do I smell a word...?

That's right.

OWNED.

My friend, you're getting destroyed by facts. Stop claiming your "proof" that Nintendo is lazy and cares nothing about us, because it's all in your head. I actually have proof to the contrary. Take a look at the new 3DS games list - a remake of Ocarina of Time? A new Kid Icarus game? Seems to me like Nintendo's actually caring, y'know, and remaking the old games everyone used to like, don't you think?

Oh, but you can't, you've just been owned beyond rational thinking. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Everyone should just chill out...

Anyways back to the topic...I think we should have Karma choices so that 3 savefiles would be good...One for Good, Evil, Neutral and for those who do challenges thats One for Main, Challenge, Karma (Reset)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I would really, really like there to be. But unfortunately, I doubt there will be that option. As others have said, Nintendo/GameFreak will probably just expect you to buy two games if you want two save files. -.-

Just to add salt to the wounds, Volroc, Nintendo aren't the ones making Pokémon directly.

Do I smell a word...?

That's right.

OWNED.

My friend, you're getting destroyed by facts. Stop claiming your "proof" that Nintendo is lazy and cares nothing about us, because it's all in your head. I actually have proof to the contrary. Take a look at the new 3DS games list - a remake of Ocarina of Time? A new Kid Icarus game? Seems to me like Nintendo's actually caring, y'know, and remaking the old games everyone used to like, don't you think?

Oh, but you can't, you've just been owned beyond rational thinking. Sorry about that.

Ouch, nasty much? GameFreak creates games exclusively for Nintendo. They're practicality a subsidiary. I'm pretty sure Nintendo has some say over what the games do and are about, despite your over-arching optimism to the contrary.

As for LOL REMAKING GAMES IS LIEK SOOO FOR FANS...it's also a way to cut costs but still sell a ton of games. HG/SS were made so quickly because GameFreak already had the story-line, the characters, the level designs, the Pokémon locations...everything. All they needed to do is update the graphics, copy and paste the Battle Frontier in from Platinum and add the locations of the non-Johto PokéDex. It will be the same with OoT and the countless other games they will remake for the 3DS. Lrn2Capitalist and try again - it's not caring, it's money-saving. :|

Last edited:

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Not to be rude, or anything, but...

Pffft! As if. I though there was gonna be two save files for HG/SS, and I'm wrong. So, I highly doubt there will be for Black/White.

This was just my honest opinion.

~LC!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • imo, even if we had two save files, people would whine about not being able to trade between them. :s I think it just makes more sense to have the one and if you want to play it again without losing your old file, buy it again. Might not be the most economical for consumers but Gamefreak/Nintendo already knows it can get away with one save file and forcing people to buy another game to play again if they're attached so... dunno why they'd fix a formula that, for them, isn't really broken. XD;

Anyway, that said, watch your tones, guys. :( There's no need to be condescending in a speculation thread.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Also, nobody has proved that Nintendo only cares for money.
    Yes, they are a business, their primary function is to make money. This does not mean Game Freak (yes, a second-party dev) only care about money.
    They also likely care about the franchise they have created and raised, perhaps?
    This is certainly true in another manner - Pokemon is not the only thing Game Freak has made - they also had a game called Pulseman. This is they have references to that game series in a few ways (Volt Tackle is basically Pulseman's 'attack', and the D/P/Pt's rival battle music is remixed music from pulseman), which shows that they still care about a game long gone... most certainly this is also the case with Pokemon.

Anyways...well, another save file would be nice, but as said one was worked just fine and dandy for them, and somehow another set of two games at once suggests it'll be the same deal as before - one save file because they make money and like getting people to trade and use the wifi system they set up, etc, etc.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • Sadly, it ain't gonna happen. With a system like that it would be too easy for people to abuse getting starters and events, and it would defeat the purpose of making you buy both games to do such anyways. They only ever put a few different save slots on the console games so that 2 or more people can duke it out. That and the game's speed would drop to an abysmal low. It already takes up to 2 minutes to save the game if you move pokemon through your boxes. With 2 slots in a handheld pokemon game you'd better hope your batteries aren't dying.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    @Volroc

I know my commenting on this is like 5 days after (lmao) but still...I don't like this comment :pink_no:, and yes you are right if they put more than one saved file in it could possibly mean a decrease in sales, but really what's wrong w/ experimenting? You say things come down to money and last time I checked Nintendo has a strong balance sheet and can afford to take a hit from low sales if it did happen. Having one than more saved file won't lower sales to the point of where Nintendo is posting as small as $500 million dollar profits. People would still buy games after that (say 3rd installment) because it would come w/ updated features, story, etc. So basically what I am saying is that having more than one saved file wouldn't alter the storyline or anything else in the game. But hey again that's my opinion, and you have yours.

That is because Zelda gets fewer games made than pokemon. Well in my opinion. Pokemon or Mario, one of the two, are Nintendo's two best selling genres and you have to admit one reason pokemon has been going so strong for so long is due to the cards, anime, video games every year, etc. If Zelda had that kind of exposure you could bet that sales would skyrocket.

He explained why he thought they were being lazy. He wasn't dogging on them, so tell us now why you don't have a clue why he's bringing up laziness. I mean he clearly explained his reasoning but you're just spewing out blank statements.

STOP. You DON'T know what you're taking about, and making yourself look like an idiot. So please stop being a fanboy and refrain from posting until you have any idea what you're talking about
    :\ I don't think he made himself look like an idiot, if anything you've made yourself appear as an arrogant ass who thinks he or she (whatever the hell you are) know what they're talking about. If you thought he didn't know what he was talking about you could have said it in a more RESPECTFUL, yes say it w/ me now: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.F.U.L. way. Geesh, people on the internet these days.

And really none of our comments make 'sense' since none of us here work for Nintendo or Game Freak.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • isnt hannah montana supposed to nice and not a total *****?

(owned)

(owned twice)

(owned 3times)

Holy ****! You sure showed that guy! One thing is for sure. If I ever saw you on the streets, I would run away. I couldn't stand to be owned by someone as intelligant and as quick witted as you.

/sarcasm

Back