• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Please have more than one save file!

Years
  • They want you too badly to buy the other two versions in each trio. D8

Plus, I think it'd be hard onthe memory with all those Pokemon with individual stats, abilities, moves, natures, badges, and with so many boxes. D8

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    You're right, I was rude, and I apologise. I was irritated by something and I brought that here and that was wrong. I didn't mean anything against you personally, ahaha.

Anwho~ I understand that Zelda has multiple save files, I usually utilize this and play twice with every game i get. But the difference is with Zelda there is no trading or collecting, so Nintendo doesn't have to worry about anyone abusing the system. 2 save files means 2 legendaries, 2 starters, 2 master balls, and half the money.

Again, I apologise for being such a jerk, that's not usually who I am and it won't happen again.

apology excepted mate ^_^

actually TLoZ sells twice as much as pokemon, so if they did that,it might double their sells, just sayin, they have nothing to lose, people will still buy at least 1of each Duo, and then usually the 3rd game, thats what i end up doin cuz im a sucker for the new region,and cant wit for the 3rd game :P

They want you too badly to buy the other two versions in each trio. D8

Plus, I think it'd be hard onthe memory with all those Pokemon with individual stats, abilities, moves, natures, badges, and with so many boxes. D8

well ive seen the size of TLoZ:Ocarina of Time, compared to the size of Platinum, Platinum is triple the size of OoT, but OoT gives you 3save files which is indeed triple the data so their bout the same ^_^
    im sure if they actually worked on it, and tried theyd be able to make it work, unlike the half-assed emulators for the N64 zelda games they made on gamecube.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If that was technically possible, I'd love it so much.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    I would love for this to happen, but I know well enough that it never will, Nintendo makes enough money off of people who buy more than one copy of the game specifically for this reason, the upside is it gives you a reason to buy all three versions of each generation, or both in the case of remakes like FRLG/HGSS.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    How would tradng wrk with 2 save files? Wouldn' you be able to trade with yoursef via GTS if there were 2 save files?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Game Freak wants you to be able to have your very own adventure. How could you do that with multiple save files?

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
  • It would be sweet if they did something simmilar, like have something in Wiiware to hold you pokemon save games.

Kind of like Pokemon Box, but made for saved games as well.

Dwight12

Check Out My Trade Room :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    That would be great. But i doubt it will happen.

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2013
    Hey Pokemon SS and HG, Held two regions and a nice pokemon list.

I think they can make it.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    they should make use of the SD card in the DSi. That way could have multiple Save files.

thats epic fail.
    SD cards are mad expensive.
    and the games have alot of memory
    youd be payin for a new one every time you played the game.
    thats an easy 20-40$ just to play the game
    so basically that ****s everyone out of the money they paid for the game, their better off gettin a rom then.

sandeon

My Brand!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    yes because my parents always want me to "share" with siblings.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    Getting more than one save file isn't likely to happen due to the fact it take so much data managing one save file. Using two would call for a technology advancement. Futhermore, Nintendo wants you to interact with the community... giving you more than one save file reduces the chances of you getting more people involved. Saying that though... I have two game systems so I can trade back and forth between my 5 DS games.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • Nintendo suck for just wanting money. I should not have to pay £35 for being able to play my storyline through dozens of times, and then another £35 just to have my Batlle Pokemon. Example; I want to restart my Soul Silver game, I have 29 lvl100's that I don't have the patience to trade, so therefore I would have to buy HeartGold to get another playthrough done. Cheers Nintendo.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Multiple saves would've worked in Gen II.
    Multiple saves would've worked in Gen III.

But multiple saves won't work in Gen IV, V, VI or any high gen.

Why? Because we have Wifi - more specifically, the Global Trade Station.

Start the game on three different saves, with three different starters, get to the GTS, put them up in one, take them down in another and voila, three starters in one save.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Multiple saves would've worked in Gen II.
    Multiple saves would've worked in Gen III.

But multiple saves won't work in Gen IV, V, VI or any high gen.

Why? Because we have Wifi - more specifically, the Global Trade Station.

Start the game on three different saves, with three different starters, get to the GTS, put them up in one, take them down in another and voila, three starters in one save.

Yes. And this also the reason why letting us have more than one save file will DISCOURAGED trading with other people.

Back