• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently breeding?

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
  • Most people don't have Dittos with perfect IV's, so that would be why you have an easier time. The rest of us have to use the Egg Trick or spend hours raging at our handhelds.

I'm working on a Spikes set Skarmory. So far, so good. Usually it only takes an hour or two after the kids start poppin out with 4 IV's to get one with 5.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    I've just finished breeding some flawless machops and I'm planning on breeding aerodactyl, sableye and pikachu as soon as I get hidden ability mothers for them.

I'm currently breeding a ton and a half of Eevee's. I'm not 100% sure, but when a shiny evolves, the evolution will stay a shiny or will it become a regular pokemon?

It'll still be shinny.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Is there a trick to breeding shinies in X/Y? or is it just the Masuda method and patience?
    IVs I should go okay with as I have a flawless ditto.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Is there a trick to breeding shinies in X/Y? or is it just the Masuda method and patience?
    IVs I should go okay with as I have a flawless ditto.

Masuda method + shinny charm (item given to you when you get all the non-event pokemon in the dex), I heard the shinny charm affects the chances of finding shinnies even when breeding!

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Yep, shiny charm + Masuda method takes the shiny chances up to 1/512. With just masuda method, it's 1/683.

I'm currently not breeding phiones anymore though. One badge left to go, so no shiny charm either. I did get a shiny aerodactyl while IV breeding one for another player in my shop. 5ivs, missing only speed.

Right now I'm working on a Murkrow in a dream ball with its hidden ability (also for an order in my shop).

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Masuda method + shinny charm (item given to you when you get all the non-event pokemon in the dex), I heard the shinny charm affects the chances of finding shinnies even when breeding!

cool good thing im really into doing the national dex, only something like 31 pokemon to go (and a few of them are event)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Just got a Crawdaunt and a Metagross done. Thankfully I got a 6IV Ditto via Wonder Trade, that made things so~ much faster. I think, I might go for a Starmie next.

Years
  • Last week I bred some Pokémon I plan to transfer to ORAS when the time comes, mostly stuff that will be getting Mega Evolutions in those games such as Weedle, Bagon, Swablu and Ralts. Wanted to make sure I had some prepared for those!

BriCKson

Rarely comes out of Trade Corner... O.o
    Years
  • I went back to HG to catch an Onix in a heavy ball since ORAS is soon to be released. I bred Stealth Rock into him.... and then around the 15 egg I got a Shiny, Heavy Ball, Stealth Rock, Rock Head, Onix... hehe. I have horrible luck with shinies but breed pretty much non stop... So this was a nice surprise :D

Years
  • I'm still trying for a perfect 6IV Sableye. I have a 5IV Sableye (I think its defense or Sp. Defense is the one that's not 31) and a 6IV Ditto. Plan to start on a Swablu tomorrow while I wait for Alpha Sapphire.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    I'm trying to get a female HA aerodactyl with a couple of egg moves so I can then breed that one to get a perfect IV'd one. However, it seems like this isn't my lucky day, I have already bred 35 aerodactyls and none of those was a HA female.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • I'm breeding for a shiny audino in a dreamball now. Already got perfect IVs for the mother...just waiting on that shiny. I'm just getting ready to breed up audinos 86-90.

Hoping to get one and clone it to give my husband and son for Christmas because, when I asked them both what their favourite shiny was, they both answered "I don't know."

Christmas needs more puns.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Was training my 6IV Azumarill G. Woundwort yesterday, getting close to level 50 and I start to think "Shouldn't he be learning Belly Drum by now?"

... Checked his wiki article. F*&%^ing egg moves.

At least he's male and part of 2 egg groups.

On second thought, I can run him as a Choice Band set since my other Choice-user is a Fairy type.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2016
    I had recently finished breeding Venipede's for a time to get IVs, was hoping for a shiny, but my luck in that regard is down in the dumps... I think I'll go ahead and start breeding for Eevee's or something next. I got too much to go through.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2014
    Welp. I got an order for Ralts, and Eevees. So guess what I'm going to be breeding!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Luxury Ball Hidden Ability Skitty with Baton Pass!

I want to breed my favourite normal types so that one is on the list!

Back