• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

+ the PokéCommunicators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hah, I used to save all my coding in the notepad, then I realized that I was RUNNING OUT OF SPACE. I was already using up all of the space provided, so I had not much to do but to move my signatures to a giant blog entry and dump them there. Nowadays when I finish a signature, I just edit the blog entry and throw it there, because sometimes when I feel like it, I'll probably reuse either the coding or the whole signature itself.

Years
I don't save it anywhere, if i don't save the sig i just redo what i was gonna do the next time, probably because all my signatures weren't complex at all and because when i edit my sig i usually don't have anything to do anyway. I do have the current one stored in a PM, but mainly because Cadance was nice and added something that made my sig look nicer.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I used to save my signatures in Notepad ages ago, while I was member of another forum, but these days, not anymore, unfortunately. My signatures are simplistic, usually, so they don't need to be saved; I try keeping all my codes right in my mind. They might not look exactly the same as previous ones every time I create something new, but they still do resemble, so that's great.

If it's a thread layout, though, then yes, I do save. In most cases, they're much larger and more time-consuming to make, so getting rid of them completely after each use doesn't seem like such a good idea to me (and same goes for profile designs). Wish there was an easier way to get around these things, even though I'm pretty satisfied with my current method.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I think I still have a few thread layouts saved in mine, but I haven't gotten rid of them because I won't be using them again. I come up with new ones instead.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Coming up with new ones could be sort of tough at times, so I just edit accordingly from my collection of old layouts and use. Very glad that I have them saved!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^haha I agree.

Here's another question I got: Are you more of a "thread" maker or a "post" maker? In other words: do you prefer making threads or do you prefer to post more?

Years
Are you more of a "thread" maker or a "post" maker? In other words: do you prefer making threads or do you prefer to post more?

I didn't even make 10 threads out of my 900 posts, so yeah take a guess.

Years
Are you more of a "thread" maker or a "post" maker? In other words: do you prefer making threads or do you prefer to post more?

Pretty much what Murkrow said. I.. probably make more threads in the higher staff forum than anywhere else. Posting is a lot more fun. 8D;

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I prefer to just post because I'm not all that great at making threads and even if I make a creative thread (what I think is creative) it doesn't really get many replies.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I rarely get ideas for threads unless I take time thinking, which, from every once in a while, could be sort of a time-consuming task. Due to that, I personally prefer posting. If I ever do wind up with any topic idea, there already seems to be a thread on it, in most cases, which prevents me from doing it even further. I really wish it were easier, haha.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years

My threads are mostly ORAS related, clubs, or any other thread I don't really care lmao.

I find posting fun but making threads is awesome too, since some of it are about making a ton of CSS for it :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm not much of a thread-making person myself. When I feel like making threads, I make sure that idea wasn't taken already, so I use the search feature to check if the idea wasn't made already. Clubs and roleplays are easier to make for me, because they are based on pre-made ideas that I had done for a while now. xD

I used to go crazy with thread making when I was a mod for the first time. I think the majority of the threads I've done are staff-exclusive. It was actually fun, by personal experience!

My post count can obviously tell that I like to post more. xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Most threads I've ever posted in any section has got to be Video Games. New threads would rarely get posted in that board, so I thought I'd help creating some. Eventually, it started to drop, as others would start doing the same and I'd run out of ideas, and now, I rarely get to do it. It is indeed a fun process, even though it could be tough at times, as I've said in my previous post!

Second section is probably X and Y, with third being Pokémon Gaming Central.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
General Chat and T&I are probably my top sections in terms of thread making. Especially T&I concerning the fact that I'm a techie and I like to discuss anything technology. If I come around with an interesting idea for a thread, I'll go ahead and post it.

FC&G requires ideas to see if it's good enough for a club. in TWL...you don't make threads. :P

Do you guys access PC in other devices like iPad/tablet or mobile phone?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I post a lot of threads in Pokemon Gaming Central, but other than that I don't really think I'm much of a threadmaker, probably more of a poster and/or a lurker!

I access PC a lot from my phone when I'm out, but only really when when I'm waiting/on a bus or something, since it's harder and takes longer to write out posts on a phone for me than it does on a computer!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years

I'm a mixture of both, depending on which section it is, though I'm leaning more towards 'post-maker'. The highest concentration of threads that I made would be at General Chat, whereas my normal posts tend to spread throughout most of the sections.

I sometimes come on using my phone when I don't have my laptop with me. It's quite inconvenient and hard to navigate using a small screen though, so I don't really prefer it, unless I really need or have the urge to do so.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I access PC from my phone every day, including my working ones. Whenever I'm at work, I always wind up finding free time on hands (as it's a pretty laid-back job; most of it is just watching camera), and when I do, I browse some sites from it, including this, so that I could avoid myself from feeling bored and whatnot. It's good that they allow such things, but all of it is your responsibility, though. If something goes wrong while you're distracting yourself with Internet, you'd have to explain. Thankfully, I've never been in that position, and hopefully, never will.

One thing I dislike about browsing from mobile devices is that it's sort of difficult to send PMs and VMs from them. Posting isn't much of an issue, however, since the system seems to be more straightforward.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years

I use also use PC on an iPad too ^^ Sometimes, when my sister wants to use my laptop, I resort to using her iPad and just spend hours of lurking PC, till I get to hold my laptop again, which I use to get active on PC lol :33

I don't really want to post long messages on my iPad coz it's hard to do, so I save things like RP stuff, CSS, well thought out posts on my laptop.

Years
I visit it with my phone if i'm away, but usually not for long because the site unloads everything that is loaded and keep flickering when you scroll up or down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back