• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • My Leave

It has been brought to my attention that a member (whose name will not be mentioned) has joined over here with whom I have a ongoing argument with on another forum. Therefore I cannot, in good faith, post here until further notice. I will still be active in other areas of the forums, just not in the places where this particular member posts.

I apologize for the inconvenience and I would like to say I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here, but to avoid leftover Serebii drama it is best if I departed.

Thank you.

Bay

Years
  • Thanks for the birthday wishes so far, everyone! :D

And Manaphyman, heh you joined on my birthday. Cool! :) I think you'll like it here. :D

Manaphyman

Sevii Trainer
    Years
  • Haha yeah. Burnt Flower recomended it on LJ, and its a much more hospitable place. I can finally rid myself of serebii!

And I am really quite afraid that I am the member that DP479 is referring to, although I have not talked to him/her in quite a long time, and I have extended an olive branch on numerous occasions. I certainly hope that I am not the one.

Anywho, thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! You guys are much nicer than those at serebii.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Hey, while Astinus is gone, we should all try to get joint modship powers and run this place like an oligarchy! We'd vote on what threads to lock and who to ban! :D

Oh, a new member? Ignore that above paragraph, and welcome aboard!

And if you want to be all ~*~professio-NAL~*~ you should read the rules, dingbat.

Every time I hear the word "dingbat" I think of a bat flying around and smacking into things with a very funny noise. It's somehow soothing.

Happy birthday Bay and Astinus! And bye to everyone, too. Geeze, it's like we're flies and winter is coming on o.O

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH OHMIGOSH OHMIGOSH THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENINGGGGG.....

A total anarchy will break out! Who fill fight me and my army of Sentret with flamethrowers? Who will fight the utter stupidity of the world? Who will keep this madness going on?!

You know, suddently I think I know why Astinus is taking a leave...
    I'll try to behave but there's nothing I can promise...

But this is awful! Members are disappearing, the thread title has returned to normal, the musical and the so-called orgy thingy (why is it called an orgy? Tell me, for I am still a mere newbie...) or whatever have been forgotten... Has the dark wintertime taken the better of us?
    Of course, I bet it's dark practically only here where I live. In down under it's probably only getting warmer and everyone else lives in places that are southern enough not to be too bothered by winter. In here, its cold, dark, breezy, dry... The sun sets at 5 PM and after that it might as well be the middle of the night. I hate darkness. I like dark rooms and nights, but I hate it when it's dark already when I leave the scool.
    I mean, I go to school before sunrise and leave only after sunset. I don't get to see any natural light at all! I NEED THIS THREAD TO BE INSANE!
    You guys are keeping me sane, as contradictory as it may seem...

*sniff*

...All right. Since Astinus is gone, I predict that in a short while we have a pack of mini-mods here. We'll have to keep the section clean ourselves, after all... Let's check the rules once again to be sure what actions count as felonies :cer_evil:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I can keep you insane. Simply being in my proximity can cause even the most normal person to become slightly crazy. And my proximity is approximately the vicinity of the oh-so-puny celestial body we tentatively call "earth."

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    First, you must hold yourself back from making stupid mistakes.

That was a joke, right? I mean, everybody knows that we're all just a disaster waiting to happen when we're not being minded properly.

Seriously though, see you in a month or so.

Oh and who is Yamato-san?

The pity is that he still hasn't matured or figured out what was wrong with the way he acted, judging from other posts he made on a forum that isn't Serebii.

And, whoa, DP479. That was a quick exit.

Anyway... Yamato for mod, anyone?

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
    Years
  • You know, I've been here for four months, and every now and then I do check this spot. Every time I can't help but wonder about the craziness of you people. I get plenty of laughs out of your crazy antics (they much resemble my own, but in school). So yeah... Not much else to say... Phooey.

Oh! I got it!

If your characters had super-powers, what powers would they have?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • If your characters had super-powers, what powers would they have?

Gale: Inability to age- death wouldn't be so bad if it weren't a certainty.

Augustus: He's a freakin' Pidgeot that knows Hyper Beam. He doesn't want or need powers, kthnx.

Laertes: The ability to devolve at will.

Aristophanes: He's a Rhydon. 'Nough said.

General Michael: The ability to hypnotize any girl he encountered, thus ensuring a one-hundred percent pick up rate.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • If your characters had super-powers, what powers would they have?

They already do. Read to find out what they are! *nuked, shot, stabbed, and microwaved*

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • My Leave

It has been brought to my attention that a member (whose name will not be mentioned) has joined over here with whom I have a ongoing argument with on another forum. Therefore I cannot, in good faith, post here until further notice. I will still be active in other areas of the forums, just not in the places where this particular member posts.

I apologize for the inconvenience and I would like to say I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here, but to avoid leftover Serebii drama it is best if I departed.

Thank you.

But... but... but... you're so nice! *clings to you* Think of PC as neutral ground? After all, it'd seriously be a shame if you left. ;_; I always enjoy hearing about your characters and Buicks/Quality Inns. I mean that seriously. Admittedly, I haven't read your fic yet, but that kind of stuff (bringing real-world stuff into the Pokemon world) is just downright cool.

Besides, solution: Change your name and avoid the other person? That's what I did to avoid drama from a board I left last month. XD

I can finally rid myself of serebii!

Is it seriously that bad over there? O_o I keep hearing complaints, but then again, I mostly talk to literary masochists and SPPf refugees.

Who fill fight me and my army of Sentret with flamethrowers?

*comes in on the horizon with an army of Chanseys with chainsaws*

(why is it called an orgy? Tell me, for I am still a mere newbie...)

I don't think I'm allowed to explain this without getting warned by the higher staff. XD

That said, answering my own question first.

Your characters are in (insert big city here) with an incredibly large check that they need to spend in one night. What's their definition of "painting the town red" (read: committing some act of debauchery)?

Mercury, Romeo, and their gang practically do this every night. They're filthy rich, and their idea of a good time is riding around, going to bars, and beating up Capulets.

Same thing, for that matter, with Tybalt and his gang, except Tybalt does it goth-emo-style.

Viola wouldn't know what to do with herself, so she'd hang out with Mercury and their gang, except that would prove to be a Very Bad Idea when the gang introduce her to hard liquor and strippers.

Sebastian would hoard the money... and then spend it on finding Viola and dragging her back home after she learns about hard liquor and strippers.

The Trio run their place of debauchery, so they really don't need extra help.

In the meantime, in AEM, Nettle would spend her money on wine and a dinner at a fancy restaurant. Maybe even a nice-looking boy to keep her company. Heather would spend her money on leather and beer. Rose would probably attempt to spend the money on cakes (until her brother swoops in and goes all overprotective on her). Bill would probably feel rather indifferent about receiving a large check... until someone came along with a rare Pokemon. (Yes, he can totally be swindled by the Magikarp Salesman.)

Midsummer Knights
    Viola: Probably the ability to predict the future. She practically already does anyway.
    Sebastian: Clairvoyance. To stalk Viola without actually stalking her.
    Cesario and Orsino: Hypnotism. Their charisma is THROUGH THE ROOF, BABY.
    Olivia: Probably the ability to use black magic. Or necromancy. Because she's really effing creepy.
    Mercury: Pyrokinesis. Because she totally would want to light things on fire with her mind.
    Romeo: Super strength/the ability to come back to life after dying. Because, uh, Romeo's screwed, guys.

Anima Ex Machina
    Yes, I actually need spoiler tags for this one.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Sorry to break away from the current topic(s), but how do you guys feel about mystery genre fics? I've been thinking about writing a short one to get me back in the writing mood and I'm just wondering how many people are willing to read something like that.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Who fill fight me and my army of Sentret with flamethrowers?

I will, with fourteen of these:

Vulpix_is_chargin_its_lazor_by_HatakeKakashi1716.png
    And one of these:
    IMA_CHARGIN_MAH_by_KojinkaLuigiGodzilla.png

Sorry to break away from the current topic(s), but how do you guys feel about mystery genre fics?

Admittedly, I don't read a lot. o.O I usually get like a 700 or so page book, and it lasts me a while. As for mystery novels, I probably haven't read one in...seven years? I used to like them, but I just haven't picked one up lately, so I dunno.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Sorry to break away from the current topic(s), but how do you guys feel about mystery genre fics?

To be perfectly honest, it's been awhile since I've found a good one. The problem is with mystery fics is that you need to be able to handle foreshadowing. You need to leave us clues to the ending without revealing what that ending is, but a lot of writers in fandom in general tend to fail at using foreshadowing because they either give us too much information or too little. Either that, or they don't realize that mystery fics rely a lot on foreshadowing.

In any case, if you want to write a mystery fic, I say go for it. Just remember that your goal is to convey a message without conveying all of it, if that makes sense.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Haha yeah. Burnt Flower recomended it on LJ, and its a much more hospitable place. I can finally rid myself of serebii!

And I am really quite afraid that I am the member that DP479 is referring to, although I have not talked to him/her in quite a long time, and I have extended an olive branch on numerous occasions. I certainly hope that I am not the one.

Anywho, thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! You guys are much nicer than those at serebii.

Our server(s) are better too

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
  • Sorry to break away from the current topic(s), but how do you guys feel about mystery genre fics?
    They're quite rare, and I'm afraid I've yet to see one that wasn't really doomed to an early death. It could be done well, but mysteries are very hard to construct well, as Xanthine pointed out. No reason not to give it a shot if you're interested, though.

Bay

Years
  • Well, "Nothing, Everything" is part mystery, so I can give you a couple pointers, Gummy. Like Xanthine said, foreshadowing is the key. Heh, just today after I posted the latest chapter of "Nothing, Everything", I said I left a couple key plot points but a couple reviewers hadn't figure it yet. This is either two ways: I put too little info for them to find or I'm just that good in not revealing the big points of the story. XD; In all seriousness though, I'm actually still learning how to use foreshadow effectively. It's not easy, I can tell you that. ^^;

I would say go with it. You'll be able to pick the genre up quickly. :)

Bunny would go back in time to relive some of her historical events. XD Jenny would like to use Teleport so that she can catch criminals fast. XD Jacob, I don't think he would to have any. He would be scared to use his powers. ^^;

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I mean, I go to school before sunrise and leave only after sunset. I don't get to see any natural light at all! I NEED THIS THREAD TO BE INSANE!
    You guys are keeping me sane, as contradictory as it may seem...
    Oh, I see. We simply remind you of the precious gift that is sanity. -_-

And boo - DP479, come back right this instance! I too appreciate the discussions of Buicks and hotels and whatnot! And even more then Xanthine, as I've read the fic too! (You're right Zanthine - is IS downright cool :D)

In the words of Umbreon... 'Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends...'

Haven't read much mystery genre fics, tbh, that were good or lasted long (a fair few with some promise that never made it past the first chapter >_<). Bay's, which I'm partly through, is one of the exceptions, whee. And foreshadowing is the main thing to get right with mystery fics as well, IMO. Whodunit books FTW.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • No!!! When did DP479 leeave??

Oh, An-Chan, an orgy is something you need to understand English well enough to understand. See, we really can't explain it anywhere on this child-friendly forum. :D

AN-CHAN! I WILL FIGHT THY ARMY OF HIDEOUS FLAMETHROWER-SENTRET'S WITH NINJA CATERPIE!!!
    You know, that animation with the kick-arse Caterpie that owns a Steelix? Please, someone tell me you have!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • No!!! When did DP479 leeave??

A few posts ago. Anyone else up for tracking DP down to drag the attempted escapee back to PC? *holds up rope and gives the others a rather demented look*

(I can't sleep, so I'mma gonna be a little left of sane, kthnx.)

Please, someone tell me you have!

XD Yes. That and the one involving Chikorita vs. Gulpin's probably my favorite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back