• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azurne

The Local Trickster
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
... Is it terrible when one joins so she too can create an insane musical, and for the sole purpose of responding to this epic post? :

Ironically, I just watched that movie.

I'm gonna kill them for three things:

1. Making the Phantom positively handsome. He goes through half the movie looking suave, and even when he gets his little pansy-arse half-mask torn off all that happens is that we find that he has- *gasp* -a third degree sunburn. Dude. And then half of his hair- black throughout the movie- inexplicably turns white and stringy. He looks less like a hideously misshapen genius and more like somebody you might run into at a grunge-rock concert.

2. Casting an actor who can BARELY SING as the Phantom. I've heard the original cast recordings with Michael Crawford, and I know that Music of the Night is supposed to be a tender, moving number that makes you feel pity for the Phantom. It is not supposed to make me want to strangle him for attempting such a complicated piece of music. And don't even get me started on how badly he messed up his theme song. My ears, they bleed! >.<

3. Screwing up the original relationship between Christine and the Phantom. Book!Phantom and presumably Stageshow!Phantom are only a couple years older than Christine, and she looks at them primarily as an almost romantic interest (that is, until she finds out that they're missing a nose and their skin looks like it's about to flake away and fall straight off of their face). Movie!Phantom is not only less pitiful and believable than his counterparts, he's also roughly the same age as Madame Giry, and Christine thinks of him as a father figure. Creepy? Why, yes, yes it is.

The only things the movie got right were casting a sixteen year old as Christine (yes, she's supposed to be that young), and casting an excellent actress as Carlotta. I could tell that whoever she was, she was actually quite a talented soprano, because there are times when you can tell that she's singing badly quite on purpose and having difficulty keeping it believable. I liked the Carlotta segments. Everything else in that movie can just go and burn. >.<

Sorry about that rant, but it was ABSOLUTEY NECESSARY.

And on that note, I propose our Lounge put on a production of Les Miserables. *Casts self as Thenardier*

I. LOVE. YOU. <<333

Very few and far-between are people like you and I who did not like Gerard as the Phantom. I personally would rather have casted someone who can actually sing, keke. :3

As for "Gerik"s Sunburn of Doom as the fans have dubbed it, I think they should have removed his nose or something. At least made an attempt to make dear Gerry look ugly, lol.

I love Micheal Crawford too. The only person whose voice I prefer is Emmy, when compared to Sarah Brightman. I think Christine should have that sweeter tone like Emmy seems to have. Shame she nailed the singing, but failed the acting, lol.

Oh, and can't we have Sir Aaron as, like, the Phantom or something, and Lucario be the Persian? Oh, and instead of a scepter-thing, he would need a punjab lasso. D:

As for Lugia, he can just be the pimp of the musical.

I shall think of more later.

If you need anyone to blame, by the way, all finger pointing goes to Bay, who referred me to this forum and thread. haha. :D :D :D

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Oh, and damn damn damn. :D

You are such a wonderful role model, my dear. :D

How would your character(s) react if our poor group of Jessie and James (and Meowth) made a confrontation for a fight and started that theme of their's, even though your character(s) just want to get on with the ultimate pwnage?

In Midsummer Knights, you've got Viola stopping short and being horribly, horribly confused while her Haunter acts on his own to beat the crap out of them. Sebastian and Andrew would leap at them like rabid attack dogs because of honor. Imogen wouldn't do anything until they made their move, at which point, she'd want to team up with the nearest poor sap. Mercury and the gang would instantly jump in and attack for no other reason than they're bored. The Trio would likely try to con the three out of every penny they had, probably through complimenting their motto or downright threatening them with all sorts of fun things that go kaboom.

On the AEM front, Heather is obligated to want to arrest them, Rose would run away screaming, and Nettle would walk away grumbling that she's got better things to do with her time. In the meantime (as in, most likely, literally while this is happening), Bill would probably not notice that they're there at all because he's wonderfully oblivious. (Bazookas fired at mysterious Pokemon lolwut?)

txteclipse

The Last
Years
How would your character(s) react if our poor group of Jessie and James (and Meowth) made a confrontation for a fight and started that theme of their's, even though your character(s) just want to get on with the ultimate pwnage?

They'd get blade-slapped into submission by the Chronicles crew, or vaporized by Mewtwo and her arsenal of cutting edge, government-provided weapons and vehicles.

Although Mewtwo might not do that. She's a kind-hearted little living weapon.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Azurne, now that you posted in the Lounge, I'm not letting you go that quickly! I'ma gonna be STALKING you!

You are such a wonderful role model, my dear. :D
Which is why I am going to say this in response to An-chan's question:

And you'd have to take your trusted black stallion (who plays the stallion?)
Harrison Ford, because I would like to ride that.

I went there.

*bows out*

Bill would probably not notice that they're there at all because he's wonderfully oblivious. (Bazookas fired at mysterious Pokemon lolwut?)
Andy x Bill is oblivious couple that cries in the bedroom.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Damn, you're old.

Man, this thread has degenerated into something indescribably freaky. I was there during the FFL orgy phase, but that just doesn't compare to the madness I'm seeing right now, especially the lounge's new title.

I blame the poets!!

DGexe

Taunter
Years
Azurne, now that you posted in the Lounge, I'm not letting you go that quickly! I'ma gonna be STALKING you!

Which is why I am going to say this in response to An-chan's question:

I went there.

*bows out*

Andy x Bill is oblivious couple that cries in the bedroom.

Who's Andy? And... *stares at the Harrison Ford remark* W-wow.

Bay

Years
*rolls on floor laughing, can't believe Azurne came*

I spread the word. ;)

Bunny would just use Balin to burn them. Jenny would just arrest them. And Jacob...he shoots them (he has a gun). XD I SO should write this little short and put it as an extra when I post Chapter 17! XD;

And to go back to the topic of musicals, yes Lugia should definetly be a pimp. XD

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I LOVE time zones. Now I haven't a clue what the hell is going on here. :(

I too, though, lay the blame squarely on the poets!

Oh, and you can't have just anyone as the Phantom. You need someone who can sing. And dance. Like Miror B. -_-

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
KERBLAM! While I'm at school, some person changed the thread..?!!!

WHAT! This is not write right!
NO! WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE TILDES IN NAMES!!! NEVEEERRR!!!!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I spread the word. ;)
Excellent, Bay. For spreading the word on the awesomest of the ###@FF%&~*~P~*~{L}$$$, you may move up in rank in "body of water". 8D You are now OCEAN!

I blame the poets!!
EET EZ ZEE POETZ! WE MUST FIGHT BACK AGAINZT ZEE POETZ!

And nope, Magic Legume, I am not old. I just have...

Why am I so open at five in the morning? D:

And you people know you love the craziness here that I bring. :D

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Excellent, Bay. For spreading the word on the awesomest of the ###@FF%&~*~P~*~{L}$$$, you may move up in rank in "body of water". 8D You are now OCEAN!

And nope, Magic Legume, I am not old. I just have...

Why am I so open at five in the morning? D:

And you people know you love the craziness here that I bring. :D

I think you just made my day Astinus. And I certainly like the craziness you bring, it makes the thread... well more crazy.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
WHAT?!
I sleep a night and a complete madness breaks our while I'm gone? This far, I've missed two funny questions and an opportunity to shine with my unbeatable wisdom! But as the horrible, insane blabbermouth as I am, I can't put those opportunities aside. And please, people, move to Europe and flood this thread while I'm awake, all right? It's not that hard for you, right? Right? Besides, I think we should do this musical in either Italian or French to make it even more insane. Preferrably we mix the two languages and add a few remarks in Japanese. If you forget your lines, it's perfectly fine to speak English or whatever your native language may be.

That'd be a fun job for someone who makes subtitles...

Okay, first, Xanthine (would you mind if I call you Jax? It's a lot easier to write...): "Haha" is the same as "okaasan", only with the difference that only your own mother is haha. You never call the mother of your friend haha. So, haha is one's own mother and okaasan is mother in general. Yay.

Then there was that question about my characters facing a religious zealot:
Radeem would listen for about ten seconds and then fry the poor believer.
Pichu, on the other hand, would listen for hours and believe anything that is said to him.
Cimi would start arguing with the person trying to preach her and so would Mari.
Jack and Adan are both sensible enough to not say anything and pretend that they're listening...

And as I can't remember that other question, I'll have to ditch it...

Heck no! The world will be cured by poetry! Poetry is the ultimate meaning of life on Earth! We should microwave anyone who doesn't love and cherish poetry, for those creatures are living in oblivion and that should not be permitted. I hereby declare a war against un-poetrific people and all creatures, including plants, that do not make poems. For poems are messages from gods, and we simply channel them trough our minds....

All right, shoot me, will ya?

But I don't think this madness here is bad at all (partially because I'm not very innocent here. If I were to hate this, I'd have to shoot myself)! It's great to be insane every once in a while! It's even better to be insane all the time!

Speaking of which, I don't think Harrison Ford is very black stallion anymore. More like a grey one, don't you think? And I don't think he'd like to be in our musical with all the Sentrets probably being killed and all. I mean, he has shared a deep companionship with a wookie, so I suspect he doesn't like the suffering of furry creatures.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
How would your characters react to listening to a religious fanatic for ten minutes or more?
Lisa would just smile, nod, and try to tune the guy out. After all, it wouldn't be nearly as bad as listening to that shady car dealer try to sell her a Toyota Prius when it's obvious she wanted the '75 LeSabre also on the lot.

She'd send out Persian and show those three who REALLY is the top cat. Lisa would have Persian blast them with Protocol Number 479 (a deadly combination of Shadow Ball, Water Pulse, and Thunderbolt, followed up by Pay Day) before they even got to the "denounce the evils of truth and love" bit. Which would like render them unconscious instead of blasting them off again.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
NO! WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE TILDES IN NAMES!!! NEVEEERRR!!!!
But...tildes... ;_;

Okay, first, Xanthine (would you mind if I call you Jax? It's a lot easier to write...)

We could just call her "X." That's even easier to write, no?

I hereby declare a war against un-poetrific people and all creatures, including plants, that do not make poems.
I sense a division swift-approaching. I'm siding with Astinus, sorry. She lets us be bodies of water!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Okay, first, Xanthine (would you mind if I call you Jax? It's a lot easier to write...): "Haha" is the same as "okaasan", only with the difference that only your own mother is haha. You never call the mother of your friend haha. So, haha is one's own mother and okaasan is mother in general. Yay.

Ah! Thanks for that. =D I'll keep that in mind.

We could just call her "X." That's even easier to write, no?

You can also call me XXX, which would be both easy and appropriate to my usual personality. *proceeds to strip*

And since we're on hypothetical questions about our characters...

Your characters are in (insert big city here) with an incredibly large check that they need to spend in one night. What's their definition of "painting the town red" (read: committing some act of debauchery)?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
How would your characters react to listening to a religious fanatic for ten minutes or more?

Noah would probably punch whoever it is in the face and then say something that James Bond would say. Anyone else would smile, look at the imaginary watches on their wrists, mutter something about the time and leave.

Your characters are in (insert big city here) with an incredibly large check that they need to spend in one night. What's their definition of "painting the town red" (read: committing some act of debauchery)?

If I were to answer this, I'd probably be infracted, banned and possibly kicked in the shin. No, not really, but I'm sure you can all have better things to do instead of reading what my sick, twisted characters would want to get up to.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Your characters are in Las Vegas with an incredibly large check that they need to spend in one night. What's their definition of "painting the town red" (read: committing some act of debauchery)?

Wow...umm...most of my characters are fairly upstanding. I could see Kairn just buying a lot of stuff that he would steal normally, but otherwise it would probably just be lots and lots of necessities.

Ren might want a jacket, though. A really expensive one. And jeans. And shades. And shoes. And a Lamborghini.

Latias would probably go for jewelry once she found it, and I have no idea what Latios would buy. Maybe a ridiculously expensive tattoo. XD

Umbreon would be interesting, on the other hand. She'd probably play the "rich customer" card tables for a few hours, double her cash, and then buy all of the jewelry she could find (while haggling with the sellers, of course). Then she'd go to an upscale beauty parlor and force them to give her a makeover (but you're a pokemon!). After that, she would probably rent every single room in the Luxor just for the heck of it.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Kendra (the girl in the fic that I am working on) whould try to get the guy to agree to disagree, and/or walk away.

Her Raichu: shock the crap out of him just for fun.

Kendra whould ask them if they where done before asking if a battle was really necessary?

Raichu, again, shock them until they could not remember their names

Kendra: buy a car so she doesn't have to walk everywhere, a motel to get some rest, and then spend the rest of the money at Wal-Mart (or equivalent) for supplies for her journey.

Raichu: (I'm not sure)

EDIT: This is my 666th post.

Last edited:

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
-points at Buoysel- Lawl, EBILWIN.

Jeez, this place has gone nuts. I don't remember Astinus bringing this much crazy when I first joined...she was more like the "touchy angel of judgement" back then...

...Don't kill me please. -cloudy form-

In MNIF:
Fuega: -disembowels said fanatic-
Freesk: Would listen and not understand, especially anything pertaining to Hell.
Kevin: Would start listening, then get a bit edgy after a while and try to sneak away.
Zan: He'd try to start up a lively, civilized debate on religion, then blink and fly away when it becomes clear that you can't debate with a fool.
Song: She'd make a sarcastic remark and leave.
Liyin: He'd tough it out, he doesn't really have anything better to do than listen to human foolishness.
Kit: He'd...drive the fanatic insane. With all kinds of rapid-fire questions that are perfectly reasonable, but impossible for the fanatic to answer. They would leave first. xD
Zangoose: -disembowels said fanatic-

In T6W:
Kalia: Would robotically deliver the antithesis to each of the fanatic's statements until they left in a huff.

In MNIF:
Fuega: -disembowels TR Trio-
Freesk: Would actually be scared. No, really.
Kevin: Would do what Ash does; wait for them to finish, then fight.
Zan: Blows them away with Whirlwind...samurai Spearow style! -whoosh-
Song, Liyin, and Kit: COMBO ATTACK - SHADOW BALL, RAZOR WIND, EMBER!
Zangoose: -disembowels TR Trio-

In T6W:
Kalia: Would calmly order one of her Pokemon to pwn the TR Trio.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
I sense a division swift-approaching. I'm siding with Astinus, sorry. She lets us be bodies of water!

But... but... *sob* But poetry will save the world... If you're going to be this mean to me *sniff* then I'll leave and kill myself and never talk to you again and... But... How can you...? I don't understand... Poetry is supposed to unite all peoples within our nation... *sob* Poetry is supposed to stun our enemies before we even have to attack them, because, let's face it, Team Rocket only has lame Pokémon....

OH SNAP!
HAVE I BEEN REVEALED?!

*rips off her nerdy clothes to reveal an even more nerdy Team Rocket uniform*

Kyah-hah, you all believed me, didn't you! I was a traitor all along! I am the one Astinus has to go to war against! I AM ~*~TEH MOST EVILEST PERSON~*~ ON TIS ~*##THREAD##*~!!!!11!!!!
But the truth is, I did fall in love with Astinus, so the war's canceled.
Sorry, guys.

Ah! Thanks for that. =D I'll keep that in mind.
No problem at all. You don't know how happy it makes me to know something other people don't for a change. Lately I feel I've been nothing but stupid... I mean, I came here only a few months ago and this whole Pokémon fanfiction thingy (and fanfiction in general) was new to me, so I've been like "What the heck is OT/Mary Sue/AAML/Pokémon POV?" for the past months. Oh, and I didn't know what a Buick was. I'm truly oblivious about cars.

So, if I, of all n00bs on this planet, can help someone, then I will gladly do that...

Cimi is such a moral hypocrite she'd probably think about giving the money off to charity first. She'd then end up in a classy hotel with huge amounts of candy and other treats and of course a sore conscience.
Adan, the practical person he is, would first buy some stuff he need, then some stuff he "needs", then something nice for his Pokémon and later on he'd spend all the leftover money in amusement parks and game parlors.
Pichu would show off his check on some scary back alleys and then get mugged. Luckily, of course, no-one would give him any money in the first place.
Jack would... Jack would go into a fine restaurant first. He's only ten in the fic I'm writing so I'm not completely sure what he'd do if he was a grownup. I suppose he'd drink a lot and wake up pennyless in an unfamiliar place. His dad never had much tolerance for alcohol, so I suspect he hasn't, either.
April (Jack's mom) would go into Ikea or something of the like, go nuts and buy everything she saw. She'd feel really guilty afterwards, not to mention stupid, when she has several sofas and trillion kettles and frying pans she has to drag around the region.

Edit: Eep! I got ninja'd! And, while Buoysel posted his 666th post, I posted my 234th... The world sure is full of conspiracies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back