• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Ah. I just refreshed my page and saw it.

Ampharos is the first to change type with Mega form...so not looks like Charizard, and maybe Gyarados can change form too?
    It's been there for awhile now xD

Yup. And Sceptile can gain the Dragon type if it get's a Mega stage like it's fellow Hoenn starter :3.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • So if MegaMewtwo is still classified as ??? on the official website, I'm thinking that it may gain the new Fairy type. Or did it say in CoroCoro?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Hmm, will mega forms get a poked ex number,?? Or added to the form list,?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I really doubt they will make Mega's for all Pokemon though.. there is confirmed to be over 700 Pokemon now. If they don't account for pre-evolutions that is still a LOT of Pokemon to give Megas. Probably like.. 300-400? It's like releasing 400-500 new Pokemon in one Gen when you count the actual new Pokemon.

I really think there will just be a few lucky/favorited Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    2 question -

-Why Blaziken is the only starter with Mega Evolution ?

-Shouldn't Pikachu have mega Evolution ?

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Well, I know that this new game will use A LOT more memory storage, 14,000 blocks on the DS and the thing has, like, a filesize of 4 Gigabytes or something. Someone correct me on the statistic if I'm wrong, though. So if that much space is being used, then is it possible that every fully-evolved Pokemon will be getting an MegaForm ON TOP of the new gen Pokemon? I mean, for starters (pun intended) all the Starter Pokemon are interlaced, so I can't imagine Blaziken being the only one, especially when he's such a monster in competitive battle already. Could you imagine, though, MegaVenusaur with thorny vines spiraling out of him? And surely these 6 Pokemon can't be the only ones getting a MegaForm. I hope underpowered Pokemon like Farfetch'd, Delcatty, Dunsparce, etc. will at least be getting a MegaForm if for some reason not every Pokemon does.

EDIT: As for legendaries, I can't really see any other Legend except maybe Mew getting a MegaForm (LEAVE MY ENTEI ALONE GODAMIT) because Mewtwo is a genetic clone, and these game's theme seems to be about genetics and biological stuff like that.

Years
  • So Ampharos becomes Electric/Dragon & Lucario becomes Fire/Fighting, that seems suiting tbh.
    Where did you hear it was Fire/Fighting? Pokejungle? As Serebii doesn't mention any type changes for the Mega stages except for Ampharos, and Mawile (who's normal stage got Steel/Fairy too).

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    I honestly saw the gogoat pre-evolution coming. Since I saw it in one of the older trailers (The one where the character sat on a bench I propose?)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Where did you hear it was Fire/Fighting? Pokejungle? As Serebii doesn't mention any type changes for the Mega stages except for Ampharos, and Mawile (who's normal stage got Steel/Fairy too).

They have created a Mega Evolution section on Serebii which states the following for MegaLucario under:

Type: Fire/Fighting
    Classification: Aura Pokémon
    Height: 1.2m
    Weight: 54.0kg
    Ability: Adaptability

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well, I know that this new game will use A LOT more memory storage, 14,000 blocks on the DS and the thing has, like, a filesize of 4 Gigabytes or something. Someone correct me on the statistic if I'm wrong, though. So if that much space is being used, then is it possible that every fully-evolved Pokemon will be getting an MegaForm ON TOP of the new gen Pokemon? I mean, for starters (pun intended) all the Starter Pokemon are interlaced, so I can't imagine Blaziken being the only one, especially when he's such a monster in competitive battle already. Could you imagine, though, MegaVenusaur with thorny vines spiraling out of him? And surely these 6 Pokemon can't be the only ones getting a MegaForm. I hope underpowered Pokemon like Farfetch'd, Delcatty, Dunsparce, etc. will at least be getting a MegaForm if for some reason not every Pokemon does.
    I can actually see only Blaziken gettin the new mega form. I mean trollfreak. They do stuff like this.

I don't really expect many Pokemon to have these new forms. Just a handful of popular ones and a few randoms tossed in like Mawile.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • Okay, so I've read the first two pages, and I guess I'm ready to let you guys know my opinion. And here it is:

da fuq is this? NO! Seriously?!? What!? Why!?

Look, I've never been a genwunner, never been closed-minded, nothing like that but, what?!? Alright, let me explain just a few of my problems with this idea.

1. OP
    Gamefreak: "HEY GUYS! LET'S INTRODUCE A WHOLE NEW TYPE SINCE DRAGONS ARE WAY TOO STRONG!"
    few months later...
    "HEY GUYS! LET'S GIVE A BUNCH OF POKEMON NEW EVOLUTIONS/FORM CHANGES WITH NEW ABILITIES AND PROBABLY NEW STATS TO MAKE THEM ALL MORE POWERFUL!"

What I'm getting at is, just look at these six, on top of new abilities, if these are new evolutions, then they will higher stats, something these six don't entirely need. And again, we just introduced a new type to finally even everything out, now Dragons aren't to OP, every type has roughly the same amount of strengths and weaknesses, every one is happy once they accept the Fairy idea. But, now, unless every single Pokemon gets one of these, then all we did is just make a whole new set of OP problems, which leads me to my next point...

2. Who gets 'em?
    No, really, does everyone get one? Is it just these six? How many? What decides who gets one? Blaziken didn't need another form/evolution, but apparently he is getting one, so what the heck decides which Pokemon get one of these things. And if everyone gets one, now every Pokemon is going to end up looking ridiculous eventually.

3. Form or evolution
    Anything that has a second or multiple forms as it is has to go through a somewhat tedious process to get them into that form. Will we have to do this for anything that has one of these? Or will it be as simple as giving them a held item like this event Torchic?
    OR
    Are these evolutions and not forms? If these are new evolutions, then that's my tipping point. Especially, the six they showed are already vastly powerful, why give them more? And just, really? Why break the tradition of there being a maximum of 3 evolutions in a chain now?

I could go on but, I won't write a book in the forums, so I'll leave it at this. What gave them the idea to do this, and why?

Years
  • 2 question -

-Why Blaziken is the only starter with Mega Evolution ?

-Shouldn't Pikachu have mega Evolution ?
    Correction it'll be MegaRaichu!

@ Suicune. I went to the Mega page but it has Lucario as
    US Name: MegaLucario
    Jp. Name: MegaLucario
    Type: Fighting/Steel
    First Appearance: Pokémon X & Y
    Details:
    This Mega Evolution was first shown in August 2013's issue of CoroCoro. It features the special ability of Adaptability

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They have created a Mega Evolution section on Serebii which states the following for MegaLucario under:

Type: Fire/Fighting

I think that was just a typo since its right under Blaziken and they tend to do a quick C+P.

The writting looks different. I mean Fighting is definately the first part of Lucario's type written. I can't clearly see the second type but it looks a little different from Blazekin's Fire.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • ^ Ah, sorry, I don't know anything about filesizes XD

XanderO: That makes me goldfish-faced :C
    frowning-goldfish.jpg

I guess I'll have to wait and see, but you seem to be right about things a lot of the time. I'd flip my lid if I saw a MegaDelcatty, though. Like I said, I at least hope they include a few more of the Pokemon that truly need a boost.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • blue

gucci
    Years
  • If Blaziken is getting this MegaEvolution then I can see Swampert and Sceptile following suit, they're a trio of starters and for one to get an unfair advantage over the three of them is a little odd. I expect we'll be seeing more of these Mega Pokémon over the next couple of months and I'm expecting to see the other two have the same addition.

Years
  • If Blaziken is getting this MegaEvolution then I can see Swampert and Sceptile following suit, they're a trio of starters and for one to get an unfair advantage over the three of them is a little odd. I expect we'll be seeing more of these Mega Pokémon over the next couple of months and I'm expecting to see the other two have the same addition.
    Swampert's also very Popular too. And while Sceptile may not be as popular as it's two bethern it'll be a good excuse to make it Grass/Dragon...maybe Serperior can get Grass/Dragon too...maybe Serperior will gain legs and look more like the fan art work that was out before it was released...

Back