• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
Idk about this, mewtwo seems to have a mega form too, but in the movie it can switch back and forth between them,! So,?? Is that how it's gunna be,! Hey let's warp digivolve are already badass pokes until we get tired of them,! I can't say I agree with this,! Nor do I like it, 2 stages after the base form was good enough for me,!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Idk about this, mewtwo seems to have a mega form too, but in the movie it can switch back and forth between them,! So,?? Is that how it's gunna be,! Hey let's warp digivolve are already badass pokes until we get tired of them,! I can't say I agree with this,! Nor do I like it, 2 stages after the base form was good enough for me,!!

Deoxys can also freely switch between forms. In the games it was introduced it couldn't switch forms unless traded to a different game. Each gen after that you had to find the meteors to switch its forms.

Kyurem could also freely switch forms in its movie, while it needed a Key Item and Zekrom OR Reshiram in the party to change.

Not that surprising that Mewtwo can freely switch in the movie and not in the games.

glorious_by_feniiku-d6h7akz.jpg

I just want to share this because I've been searching for a pic like this since I saw the news update!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
MegaMawile and MegaAbsol are okay IMO. However, Game Freak should change their names, like how Yanma's evolution was first named Megayanma, but they changed it to Yanmega.

MegaAmpharos is also okay, but I don't think Ampharos should be able to evolve. But it could work as an alternate form.

MegaMewtwo kinda disappointed me at first, but now it's okay for me. I just hope it'll be an alternate form for Mewtwo.

MegaLucario... I'm actually meh on it.

Out of all those Mega Pokemon, Mega Blaziken is my least favourite, because it rubs me the wrong way for two reasons:

1: Blaziken was already broken as it was. It didn't need to be broken any further.
2: Why does Blaziken get a mega form, but Sceptile and Swampert don't? They don't need it either, but they needed it more than Blaziken. Sceptile especially.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Well.. I am not much of a fan of this idea. Seriously gamefreak , Starter pokemon?! What about hoenn remakes? This "mega stone" better not be obtainable in the hoenn remakes. Something tells me this might be a joke though.
I'd rather have that mawile mega form as a evolution for it. Same for absol. Other than that, the only thing wrong with it is blaziken mega form.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
After a half-hour of looking at these scans, relentless yelling, and posting semi-hate comments, I've got to say that this isn't that bad as everyone thinks. Aesthetically they look awesome. The idea as a whole is pretty game-changing, which is why everyone seems to be freaking out. Change is just something to accept.

It's still pretty early to decide, but it's possible that only a couple handfuls of Pokemon will get these "Mega" forms. It's strange to give something like Blaziken a new form, but Pokemon who aren't quite at the top of the tiers like Mawile, Absol, and Ampharos are pretty good candidates. I believe this is just another way of saying, "let's not give them evolutions, let's just give them, along with others, newer forms instead of using up dex space." I have a feeling it's temporary. If not, then it's pretty obvious everyone will just stick with the Mega forms. (I'm saying forms because I'm not used to breaking the fourth wall by saying evolution)

I say if you don't like them nor the idea, don't use them and forget about it. This might only be an add-on to those who want to experience something different. Competitively, I see this being its own separate metagame.

blue

gucci
Years
Mega evolutions are only accessible during battle

Here is my only reaction to this megaform crap:

WTF this is the biggest scoop of the century? Just some new forms?

This better be a joke

Well lets be honest, this is a little more than some new formes, this is a whole new evolutionary method which changes aspects of older Pokémon.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I don't know why I'm so against this lol. It seems like a really good concept but something about it is just bugging me. I think possibly the name, I mean "mega" sounds too basic and idk child-like?? idk Maybe ultimate? Or final?

tbh i think i'm just pissed at blaziken getting an upgrade and no other starters tbh :(

Or it could be because a lot of us were expecting to get evolutions of older Pokemon to improve them, I guess once we get more information on it more people will grow to like it. I know I'm gonna try and like it.

I wonder if Eevee will get a mega forme? Instead of getting two evolutions this gen it gets an evo + a mega?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
After reading all of the negative reaction about these Super Saiyan Mega Formes, I dunno which gen is more controversial: Gen V or Gen VI. Also, as a response to those who think Pokémon is the same old same old, said negative reactions only shows that some game franchises were never meant to change.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Aside from all that... Imagine if Pokemon in their "pre-Mega" status can hold & use Eviolites.

This does breed whole new possibilites, though. "Mega Charizard" with Fire/Dragon typing will be much more useful.
I think these are new forms so I don't think Eviolite will work on them...and so far none of them change type from the original versions so I don't see Charizard becoming Dragon if it gets one.

This is not even confirmed.
It could be fake, i hope it is though.

Serebii has it as confirmed now cause there is a cover of CoroCoro posted with them.

MegaMawile and MegaAbsol are okay IMO. However, Game Freak should change their names, like how Yanma's evolution was first named Megayanma, but they chasnged it to Yanmega.

MegaAmpharos is also okay, but I don't think Ampharos should be able to evolve. But it could work as an alternate form.

MegaMewtwo kinda disappointed me at first, but now it's okay for me. I just hope it'll be an alternate form for Mewtwo.

MegaLucario... I'm actually meh on it.

Out of all those Mega Pokemon, Mega Blaziken is my least favourite, because it rubs me the wrong way for two reasons:

1: Blaziken was already broken as it was. It didn't need to be broken any further.
2: Why does Blaziken get a mega form, but Sceptile and Swampert don't? They don't need it either, but they needed it more than Blaziken. Sceptile especially.

These are rough translated names. We should get a different set of names when they are localized.
As for others, these 6 are just to show it off, we may get more, we may not. We won't be able to tell unless Gamefreak gives out more info. They may do one from each generation...I'd assume the most popular from each generation since they did Blaziken...though fans will disagree with what they choose if they do it that way.

Well.. I am not much of a fan of this idea. Seriously gamefreak , Starter pokemon?! What about hoenn remakes? This "mega stone" better not be obtainable in the hoenn remakes. Something tells me this might be a joke though.
I'd rather have that mawile mega form as a evolution for it. Same for absol. Other than that, the only thing wrong with it is blaziken mega form.

Obviously they don't want to do Hoenn Remakes. I've said before its not something they plan ahead, they just remake the games when they feel they need to so most of the time its on a whim. If the remakes are in this generation, the stone will be available in it either post or pre-game so you can go through the remakes with MegaBlaziken.

I still don't know where I stand with these. I'm mostly laughing at a lot of the reactions. Personally I don't like them right now, Blaziken gets a needless boost, Lucario too. Mawile has a lot of potential to fail and Absol seems to be the only one with potential to benefit from this. There isn't anything about Ampharos yet and Mewtwo is still enigmatic.

Years
I'm gonna remain neutral one this until we have more information.....

I really don't understand the hate. Really, every Pokemon fan these days is so closed-minded its disgusting. I agree the name is stupid, but I can see that being changed. Absol looks amazing and the rest look really cool too.

I find it funny how every talks about how "Pokemon gets stale" and "Pokemon needs to change," but whenever they do everyone gets mad.

I don't mind some of the new MegaPokémon, it's just that their names are so generic... MegaBlaziken, MegaAbsol, MegaLucario? I think GameFreak is trying to convince me to nickname my Pokémon now.

That's really my only problem with these, but hopefully they'll be different in English.

I mean the questions I have is this:
1. Will every Pokemon get Mega evolution/formes? If not then how is this fair.. everyone will just go for Mega Pokemon.
2. Will this Mega forme/evolution be a huge buff damage wise. Because I don't understand how Blaziken needs to be any stronger. Also will the eviolite work on, for example, Lucario? If so I am totally done.

I feel like everyone will have one. If they only gave them to select Pokemon, I don't think Pokemon like Amphardos, Mawile, and Absol would be frontrunners.

Well I'm sure we'll have the option to use these Pokémon as they are alternate forms, I doubt they will happen through leveling up.

My guess is you have to give the Pokemon the Blazeikenknight/Lucariokhight/Mawilekhight/etc. to hold, and then give them the Megastone. In order to change them back you just take off the Knight item.

I don't think this new Mega thing would be that bad if every fully evolved Pokémon/Pokémon that don't evolve got one. It would be unfair to others if they didn't get a mega from. I also wonder if the event Torchic is the only way to get a Mega Stone or whatever it is.

If we get a mega Wailord, I will be completely fine with this :)

Agreed. Every Pokemon needs to get one.

Years
Unpopular opinion, but I love them. As a fan of flashy designs and over-the-top mons, I can dig this. I just hope they're more similar to evolutions than forms.

zapdosa

GG
Years
Why do you guys think Mewtwo was the first to have achieved it's Megaform? Because it's one of the most powerful/smartest Pokemon in the anime. I assume these forms will be incredibly hard to achieve in the games and since there's no cheating devices for the 3DS (not that I'm aware of), I think this is going to be a pretty cool and challenging thing to try and do.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Three new pokemon revealed!

Today, we have gotten a corocoro leak about things, and there is 3 new pokemon!

There is a pre-evolution of gogoat named Meekuru. It is 0.9m and 31.0kg

Theres an electric fairy type named Dedanne. It is 0.2m and 2.2kg. It is the Antenna Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or the new ability Cheek Pouches.

And finally a rabbit pokemon named Horubbi. It is 0.4m and 5.0kg. It is the Digging Pokémon and also has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches

My opinion about this is that Dedanne looks like a smaller raichu to me.

Cheek pouches might be given to Pikachu. It says it in pokedex entries.

And woohoo to the gogoat pre-evolution. As we all speculated.

What is your opinion about this?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't mind the new forms, but if they are really evolution, then they need to change the names. I think that is why I hate the idea. They look really really awesome though.

I really hope these are only forms and not new pokemon. That would be a huge huge huge amount of total pokemon in this generation. The one I really don't like is Blaziken because it is a starter.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
I don't mind the new forms ,! I just don't understand the need for them,! Hey let's put dreads on Lucario,! Idk,!! But I'm just glad there is no sushi or potato chip pokemon,!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
The one I really don't like is Blaziken because it is a starter.

Blaziken is actually my favorite of the megas... It looks the coolest and I love the black and orange legs and the streams of fire.

But I'm just glad there is no sushi or potato chip pokemon,!

Unfortunately, those possibilities still haven't been ruled out.

Back